Things that voraphiles should know

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Things that voraphiles should know

Postby Thatonedragonguy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:29 pm

Have you ever had the feeling that as a voraphile you should know certain things? I have read books relating to eating/digestion because I thought that as someone who is into vore, I should know these things. Anyway I want this topic to be about posting facts and/or resources that the vore community should know, or that people making vore related content ought to know.

For instance, only primates (Humans, apes, monkeys, etc.) have uvulas. You can depict preds however you want but it is still good to know. Or that the stomach produces hydrochloric acid (also known as muriatic acid) and pepsin (which breaks down protein). You know, stuff that it would be good for us to know.

*Edit* Not all primates have uvulas and the New Guinea singing dog has a rudimentary uvula.

I would also like to know about resources. I haven't found any books that cover the right amount of this kind of stuff. I had to buy a pamphlet that was geared towards children to find out that peptin fact. That was the only bit I found useful in it. Maybe I overlooked it in another book but it seems like most resources that would teach these things are either written for children or don't really cover the subject extensively enough for vorish purposes.

Please let us know if you know of any good educational resources or vore trivia facts.
Last edited by Thatonedragonguy on Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thatonedragonguy
New to the forum

Re: Things that voraphiles should know

Postby Jayezox » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:48 pm

If I remember correctly, food makes it to the small intestine around 2-3 hours after a meal for humans. I learned that in high school biology which was a looong time ago so take that with a grain of salt. Also, the valve between the stomach and the small intestine is the pyloric valve. You have to at least know the names of some of the organs or parts of them to define what part you're looking at if you're playing prey in an RP.
Jayezox
---

Postby Lightness0001 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:08 pm

Sometimes I like to do research for certain stories, particularly if I want to use a pred's anatomy in a certain way or something. Like for instance, some animals (like horses) lack the ability to vomit (except in certain extreme/bad cases)! Might be bad news for prey. Generally speaking if I want to find anatomy stuff, I usually just go to wikipedia, or maybe some other random google results if it's something really weird/specific. Never really cracked open a book for the matter. :p

Also, I haven't referenced them recently at all, but I had these two links bookmarked: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=41038 and viewtopic.php?p=1576642#p1576642. They have some neat info on the more theoretical 'math' of how stuff would work if possible. Of course I don't necessarily go for the most realistic possible depiction of vore, I just take and use certain details here and there like I'm grabbing stuff at the store
Feel free to support me on Ko-fi!
Lightness0001
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orbstuffed » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Oh hey, uvula talk.
I might be slightly wrong about this, but apparently uvulas play a big part in the speech of a person, so if you want yer pred to talk coherently, well...
Just an orb tum lover. You can call me Orbi if you'd like.
No, my icon isn't a self-portrait, she's just a character I made. Her name's Rosetta, BTW.
Orbstuffed
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby already2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:32 pm

I had my uvula removed along with tonsils and adenoids and it didn't change my speech patterns.
already2
Been posting for a bit

Postby RuffledFerret » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:27 am

Some info that may be too specific to be of use, but interesting nonetheless.

Peristalsis is the wave-like contraction of muscles in the throat that pulls food down toward the stomach when you swallow (I believe this is the same thing that pushes food through the intestines, but have never been able to get a clear answer.).

Food that is swallowed whole without being chewed is not absorbed as efficiently into the body. The nutrients, protein, etc. that your body would typically receive from food is drastically decreased when it is ingested whole, usually due to the stomach not being able to digest it entirely. Bits of food are more easily and quickly digested, and saliva greatly aids in this process as well.

If a grape is swallowed whole, it is possible for it to pass through the entire digestive tract in one piece. A cherry swallowed completely will digest at least partially, if not entirely. A hot dog weiner ingested whole will still dissolve in the stomach quite easily, due to hot dogs being constructed of ground beef (I can personally attest to these examples). Swallowing hot dogs whole is a popular method in eating contests.

I've heard from multiple people that if an object can fit down your throat, it can fit through your small intestine and the rest of your tract as well. I seriously doubt this to be true, but I think it can be worth discussing.

If a dildo is inserted correctly into the anus, it can actually straighten out the sigmoid curve and ascend directly into the large intestine.
RuffledFerret
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:41 am

If one is thinking soft vore, a study of the digestive tract of snakes is in order. Because snakes have infrequent but large meals, their digestive systems prepare for the meal before it reaches the stomach (in humans, it only does when food reaches the stomach, although we chew food, which gets the digestion well under way). This means that a snake's intestines have already bulked up by two to three time their normal size before their meal reaches the stomach to process all the meat coming through. While swallowing, a snake extends a tube called a glottis out one side of its mouth to breath while swallowing, which slows while swallowing but increases significantly afterward because it needs the extra oxygen to make the chemicals (pepides and acid and such) needed for digestion.

Snakes can swallow remarkably large meals as a percentage of their body mass—but it it is too large, the meal can rot in the snake's stomach before it can digest it, killing the snake. (Yet another thing to hand-wave in same-size vore.) Its stomach does not really slosh with acids and enzymes, bodies removed from snake stomachs are typically covered with a gel composed of digestive chemicals. We get the notion that it does because humans chew their meals and drink at the same time, so everything sort of sloshes in our stomachs. With snakes, the gel breaks the prey down in layers until nothing but the bones are left, and these dealcify and crumble and are passed last. Because it prepares for a meal before it reaches the stomach, a snake's digestion is far more efficient than a human's and less gets excreted.

One can expect similar characteristics of other critters that swallow meals whole.

This post has been brought to you by Too Much Information Man! :P
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kitsouille » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:21 am

I don't know if it's random genetics or certain species of primates but some have a uvula and some none at all, it's not just primates in general. I've also read that one species of dog have an underdeveloped uvula, I forgot its name because I've read about it years ago. It was a wild singing dog or something, so not a breed someone would ever own. Never saw a pic so I'm curious of how it looked like.
Kitsouille
???

Postby merlovinit » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:27 pm

I've definitely gone off researching digestion for the sake of my own personal fantasies, but I've never felt like it was necessary to know anything about it as an artist.
merlovinit
Participator

Postby Thatonedragonguy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:03 pm

RuffledFerret wrote:Peristalsis is the wave-like contraction of muscles in the throat that pulls food down toward the stomach when you swallow (I believe this is the same thing that pushes food through the intestines, but have never been able to get a clear answer.).

Yea peristalsis is a series of muscular contractions and relaxations all along the esophagus that move food down to the stomach. Earthworms use a different kind of peristalsis to move. Anyway, it causes the muscles to form what looks like a ring that slides down the esophagus, pushing the food down.

You need to see peristalsis from the inside.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iTTZ5VY1iA
You get a really good view of it at about 0:44. It really helps you to understand how it works. Just watch it traveling down.

According to Wikipedia you are right about the intestines. Also from Wikipedia: "The process of peristalsis is controlled by the medulla oblongata." and "During vomiting, the propulsion of food up the esophagus and out the mouth comes from contraction of the abdominal muscles; peristalsis does not reverse in the esophagus."
Two things I didn't know before today.
Thatonedragonguy
New to the forum

Postby Borealis » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:06 pm

RuffledFerret wrote:[...]I've heard from multiple people that if an object can fit down your throat, it can fit through your small intestine and the rest of your tract as well.[...]

I'm definitely going to use a spin on this as a line of dialogue from the pred in a full tour story sometime. Nice one!
Voyager of canine interiors...

In my story gallery, macro feral and anthro fun awaits you...
Borealis
---

Postby coop500 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:02 am

"Should' is a strong word, most vore bends reality as it is so no, I don't think we should know anything we don't care to, it's not homework/schoolwork. However if peeps want to learn to try and get as much realism as possible, then go for it! I just don't think anyone should if they don't want to/isn't their goal in vore
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby PocketHero » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:18 am

coop500 wrote:"Should' is a strong word, most vore bends reality as it is so no, I don't think we should know anything we don't care to, it's not homework/schoolwork. However if peeps want to learn to try and get as much realism as possible, then go for it! I just don't think anyone should if they don't want to/isn't their goal in vore

Whoa, whoa... come on now, ain't no need to get your feathers in a ruffle. Did you even read the OP? This is simply a thread for sharing fun trivia and facts. Nothing more, nothing less. S'all good here.I mean, I if anything, it's just fun to read this stuff, regardless how we feel about realism. ^_^
PocketHero
Participator

Postby coop500 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:06 pm

MangoMonkey wrote:
coop500 wrote:"Should' is a strong word, most vore bends reality as it is so no, I don't think we should know anything we don't care to, it's not homework/schoolwork. However if peeps want to learn to try and get as much realism as possible, then go for it! I just don't think anyone should if they don't want to/isn't their goal in vore

Whoa, whoa... come on now, ain't no need to get your feathers in a ruffle. Did you even read the OP? This is simply a thread for sharing fun trivia and facts. Nothing more, nothing less. S'all good here.I mean, I if anything, it's just fun to read this stuff, regardless how we feel about realism. ^_^

My feathers are not ruffled? I did read the OP and understand it's trivia/facts, but I just wanted to point out no one should feel forced into it to be a 'real' vore fan or anything. Not sure what made you think I was mad or anything.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Return to General Vore Discussion