No sexual interest in vore?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

No sexual interest in vore?

Postby 157and493 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:26 am

First of all I need to get this out of the way: This discussion was not intended to offend anyone, and I apologize in advance if anyone does happen to take offense to it.

I need to ask this question: “How many people actually have a sexual interest in vore?”
When I entered the online vore community I assumed that the vast majority of people within it enjoyed vore in a sexual way, much like I do. However, I soon came to realize that there is a large amount of people who have absolutely no sexual interest in vore whatsoever.
I was confused at first, after all, the only reasons I could imagine for people likeing vore was because they were either sexually attracted to it, or because they thought it was terrifying and thusly made for good use in horror. Now if I am to be honest, I still cannot understand why some people like vore but have no sexual interest in it, when I asked these people to explain their preferences they normally gave me an answer along the lines of: “I am not really sure why I like vore, but I just do, although I have absolutely no sexual interest in it.”

So my final question to people who do not like vore sexually is: “Can you explain why?” If not that is ok, you should feel no obligation to do so.
And my question to the people who DO like vore sexually is this: “How plentiful are we?” I heard someone once say that in their experience, about 43% of people had no sexual interest in vore, is this estimation accurate?
157and493
Participator

Re: No sexual interest in vore?

Postby Wolfsage » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:34 am

I personally don't like sexual content being a thing in vore scenarios. It might be "sexual" for us IRL but it's not a thing without my fetish.
The Sage Wolf of the forest.
Wolfsage
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Nekiame » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:07 am

Personaly, I like vore sexually, and I Think it's cause to me, it's a bit of a dom/sub thing, but Pred/prey. Powerplay, closeness, willingness etc. It kinda shares those things and thus is kinda sexual to me.
Regarding those who like vore but aint sexually interested, I've heard some people just find it to be fun. Like, they think it looks silly and fun, like watching cartoons doing weird, silly stuff. That would be one reason they'd enjoy it. I've also seen some artist that honestly dont give a crap about vore, but dont mind drawing it. Someone commisions it from them, or they get this idea for a pic, and they draw it. Aint much more than that. Art.
Nekiame
Participator

Postby coop500 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:09 am

Personally, I feel people who don't like it on a sexual level are actually pretty low, just most sexual vore people probably don't bother answering polls while non-sexual people do? Regardless of whether that's true or not I'll answer your questions to the best of my abilities.

I like vore as a comforting thing, to be held close, safe and sound within a strong predator is an endearing thought. Some people have told me it may have something to do with the fact my father isn't the best, so it may explain why I still am strictly into male preds despite not being into it on a sexual level. Basically, to me I like non-fatal, safe wholesome vore like a close hug/snuggle to keep whoever ingested safe and warm.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby merlovinit » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:36 pm

Not saying it doesn't happen, but there are times when I feel suspicious of people who claim to have a non-sexual interest in vore. Like I don't really believe them sometimes.

Either way though surely some of them do exist because the world is more diverse than anyone can imagine.
merlovinit
Participator

Postby Baneblade40k » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:18 pm

Well I can't think of it as sexual, but it's morbid and fascinating for me, kind of like what you said, it's horrifying scenarios not unlike those of a horror story. And all the dynamics between pred and prey and so on are just part of it, adds to the 'spicyness' so to say
Baneblade40k
Somewhat familiar

Postby HankTheAnt » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:31 pm

I do find vore sexually appealing but it's not the main reason I'm into it. The main draw I have in vore is the idea of trusting someone so much that you'd literally put your life in their hands or being a part of somebody you love and wanting that to happen. It's like an exaggerated metaphor to me. I also like how creative the vore community gets. There's so many ways to create vore content as well as forms of vore. You can write it as sexually or as safe for work as you like. There's definitely some forms of vore I'll always see as sexual but the majority of it won't get me anywhere near horny or well, feeling anything remotely sexual. It's just interesting stories and art and even more interesting ways to do vore.
HankTheAnt
New to the forum

Postby HankTheAnt » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:34 pm

I think it's also worth noting that vore scenarios happen all the time in fantasy stuff and kid shows. Some people grow up intrigued by it but don't develop the sexual vibe to it. It's like foot fetishes. Some people think feet are interesting and look nice but that doesn't mean they all get off to it sexually. Some do though.
HankTheAnt
New to the forum

Postby HungryOnMain » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:13 pm

I'm not into vore sexually, myself. What really draws me to vore is specifically its comfort and story potential. Vore can be used as a very close hug, or a place where all your intrusive thoughts are drowned out by the noises of the body, or a place to simply hide away. It can be very comforting.

On the story side, vore can and has been used as story bait for centuries, from Jonah, to Fantastic Voyage, to That Episode™ of TV shows, and even to video games. There's so much potential!
Image hi i'm hom!
HungryOnMain
New to the forum

Return to General Vore Discussion