Technical aspects regarding space and species

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Technical aspects regarding space and species

Postby volcarona » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:06 pm

I'm writing a story where someone is swallowing snakes, and i just wanted to know, utilizing Real life anatomy and sciences, what type of snake could theorhetically fit into the average human's stomach (Which is, according to a medical textbook I have on hand, is around 1 quart)

I can only find it as the other way around, snake swallowing human.

Which is... infuriating.

Anyways, any of you herpetologists out there, please enlighten me.

Thanks.
volcarona
New to the forum

Re: Technical aspects regarding space and species

Postby R_U_Snacksize » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:39 pm

Garter snakes, small water snakes, rat snakes. Any snake under about 2.5 - 3 feet just about, maybe even a little longer.
R_U_Snacksize
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:10 pm

First off, human stomachs can contain a lot more than 1 quart. If you go to major league eating, the record for chili is 2.438 gallons in 6 minutes. When you factor in that most of the foods being eaten have a specific gravity between 1 and .9, it's pretty easy to assume that 8.34 pounds of less weight is over a gallon. Many records on there are over a gallon consumed in a couple minutes.

As to the snakes, snakes vary a lot in density. This is because they have a really long lung that runs for a good portion of their body. Some snakes like vipers are relatively dense, when you see them swimming in water, they are barely above the surface. Other's like cobras are half way above the surface.

If you go to Wikipedia for a specific species, you can usually find the average weight. look up images of the given snake in water to see how buoyant they appear to be, and go from there.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby volcarona » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:52 pm

Aleph-Null wrote:First off, human stomachs can contain a lot more than 1 quart. If you go to major league eating, the record for chili is 2.438 gallons in 6 minutes. When you factor in that most of the foods being eaten have a specific gravity between 1 and .9, it's pretty easy to assume that 8.34 pounds of less weight is over a gallon. Many records on there are over a gallon consumed in a couple minutes.

As to the snakes, snakes vary a lot in density. This is because they have a really long lung that runs for a good portion of their body. Some snakes like vipers are relatively dense, when you see them swimming in water, they are barely above the surface. Other's like cobras are half way above the surface.

If you go to Wikipedia for a specific species, you can usually find the average weight. look up images of the given snake in water to see how buoyant they appear to be, and go from there.

Thanks for this! I wasn't sure about the validity of the materials I had on hand, and the internet wasn't much help.

I decided on a boa imperator for the story, since it's a common pet and is in the viable range when not fully grown.
volcarona
New to the forum

Return to General Vore Discussion