Dealbreakers in vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Dealbreakers in vore

Postby rugli » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:11 pm

Skulker wrote:1. Extreme size difference. Prey should not be the size of popcorn.
2. Oblivious Preds. None of that ‘see, eat, immediately forget about it’ shit. Eating someone should be an experience.
3. Repeated mass vorings of unwilling Prey. Makes the setting feel callous, cruel, and paper thin.
4. Unambiguous Perma-Death when the Prey is willing, especially when the Pred and Prey are in a relationship. Death that the Prey can come back from is fine, but dead and gone forever is not.
5. Scat, gas, piss, puke and odors.

I think these sums up how I feel about things most of the time.
1. Actually I don't mind smaller preds however.
2. Oblivious or unaware preds to me are boring (can possibly live with it in main stream content but in more fetish oriented content its completly a deal braker)
3. Single prey can be as bad as multi-prey in unwilling settings if the pred is overly aggressive and callous. If its unwilling it needs to be very ballanced i.e prey(s) were talked into it only for them to regret it once it happens but the preds don't think they are doing anything wrong or being cruel. For me the most important thing is that the mood and the tone doesn't nose dive soon as any actual eating of the prey happens (I have seen this happen why to many times) if certain tone has been struck with the premise at the beginning.
4. I don't think this rely matter if we are talking about one-off stories/or sequels as long as the mood doesn't nose dive once someone gets eaten. If there is nothing in the premise to suggest that a willing prey(s) is/are going to die and be gone for ever once they get eaten then I would say its nose dive and dealbreaker. Howvever if its premise from the beginning that willing prey(s) is/are going to die and be gone for ever, then I don't think its much of an issue and it doesn't matter if its one-off story or series of stories.
5. Extremally detailed is deal breaker for me for most part but if its only implied then I don't mind it.

additionally:
Its dealbreaker for me when authors/artist declare certain characters as preds or prey before anything has actually happen. Part of reading story comic or text based is discovering and working out each characters intentions and reactions to certain events. If an author just tells his reader what going to happen to each character at the beginning then there is no suspense or thrill once something starts to happen if the readers know whats going to happen to each and every character in the story.

Also using vore as verb
rugli
Participator

Postby alockwood1 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:26 pm

rugli wrote:
Skulker wrote:1. Extreme size difference. Prey should not be the size of popcorn.
2. Oblivious Preds. None of that ‘see, eat, immediately forget about it’ shit. Eating someone should be an experience.
3. Repeated mass vorings of unwilling Prey. Makes the setting feel callous, cruel, and paper thin.
4. Unambiguous Perma-Death when the Prey is willing, especially when the Pred and Prey are in a relationship. Death that the Prey can come back from is fine, but dead and gone forever is not.
5. Scat, gas, piss, puke and odors.

I think these sums up how I feel about things most of the time.
1. Actually I don't mind smaller preds however.
2. Oblivious or unaware preds to me are boring (can possibly live with it in main stream content but in more fetish oriented content its completly a deal braker)
3. Single prey can be as bad as multi-prey in unwilling settings if the pred is overly aggressive and callous. If its unwilling it needs to be very ballanced i.e prey(s) were talked into it only for them to regret it once it happens but the preds don't think they are doing anything wrong or being cruel. For me the most important thing is that the mood and the tone doesn't nose dive soon as any actual eating of the prey happens (I have seen this happen why to many times) if certain tone has been struck with the premise at the beginning.
4. I don't think this rely matter if we are talking about one-off stories/or sequels as long as the mood doesn't nose dive once someone gets eaten. If there is nothing in the premise to suggest that a willing prey(s) is/are going to die and be gone for ever once they get eaten then I would say its nose dive and dealbreaker. Howvever if its premise from the beginning that willing prey(s) is/are going to die and be gone for ever, then I don't think its much of an issue and it doesn't matter if its one-off story or series of stories.
5. Extremally detailed is deal breaker for me for most part but if its only implied then I don't mind it.

additionally:
Its dealbreaker for me when authors/artist declare certain characters as preds or prey before anything has actually happen. Part of reading story comic or text based is discovering and working out each characters intentions and reactions to certain events. If an author just tells his reader what going to happen to each character at the beginning then there is no suspense or thrill once something starts to happen if the readers know whats going to happen to each and every character in the story.

Also using vore as verb

I don't blame anyone for having these sorts of ideas. I'm not a big fan behind permanent death, for the most part, unless there's a reason - ill prey, criminal prey, criminal pred, feral animal pred - because I don't like "good" folk just killing other "good" folk for no reason. This goes double for Predator and Prey that are friends - need a very good reason for that - hence one of the reasons that I don't like vampire/werewolf movies where newly turned vampires/werewolves, that can think and reason, just go after those that are their friends - mindless/feral preds get a big pass here.

Size is a bit of an issue - Heath Ledger's Joker has a point about Savoring all the little details - maybe if the prey had a distinct flavor, or was seasoned, maybe I could handle popcorn-sized prey, but, as is, mouse-size might be big enough to enjoy certain details. Larger prey though, especially Prey that believed itself to be the Predator, can be funny.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby alockwood1 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:32 pm

EquusMinor wrote:Hard Vore.
Not into ripping.

I'm not into pain myself. I prefer that the Prey to be Dead, hopefully, before any ripping/dismemberment is done - see my Judas Goat for something akin to what I mean. Or, make it so that the Hard stuff is more of an annoyance - no pain - and the pred ends the prey's life quickly.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Mokii » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:38 pm

Not into ripping.

Funnily enough I'm the same way, despite being a huge hard vore fan. I prefer nibbly mouths that "eat into" the prey instead of ripping chunks off. I don't like parts being torn off because then its separated and I can't really describe the prey's reaction to what is done to it. Nibbling mouths that eat into the prey though? I can describe all their agonizing pain to my hearts content :b
Last edited by Mokii on Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mokii
Been posting for a bit

Postby alockwood1 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:56 pm

Mokii wrote:
Not into ripping.

Funnily enough I'm the same way, despite being a huge hard vore fan. I prefer nibbly mouths that "eat into" the prey instead of ripping chunks off. I don't like parts being torn off because then its separated and I can't really describe the prey's reaction to what is done to it. Nibbling mouths that eat into the prey though? I can describe all their agonizing pain to my hearts content :P

I guess you're a fan of Heath Ledger's Joker. There's a reason he uses a knife.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Mokii » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:58 pm

alockwood1 wrote:
Mokii wrote:
Not into ripping.

Funnily enough I'm the same way, despite being a huge hard vore fan. I prefer nibbly mouths that "eat into" the prey instead of ripping chunks off. I don't like parts being torn off because then its separated and I can't really describe the prey's reaction to what is done to it. Nibbling mouths that eat into the prey though? I can describe all their agonizing pain to my hearts content :P

I guess you're a fan of Heath Ledger's Joker. There's a reason he uses a knife.

I have no opinion on him, I don't really like comic movies
Mokii
Been posting for a bit

Postby alockwood1 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:48 pm

Mokii wrote:
Not into ripping.

alockwood1 wrote: I guess you're a fan of Heath Ledger's Joker. There's a reason he uses a knife.

Mokii wrote: I have no opinion on him, I don't really like comic movies

Not a big fan myself of comic movies, but I was reading a vore-based discussion item on WdC a few years back, and his line about why he used a knife versus a gun was brought up as a comparison for as to why predator should not be going after ridiculously small prey, where he was talking to a cop while he was being held prisoner -

"Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... little emotions. In... you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I know your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?"

Tell me he doesn't sound like a predator that would love to rip their victim to pieces, instead of mearly swallowing something the size of a pill.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheHungrySpeedrunner » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:03 am

Flubber wrote:There might be a lot, but if there's one that baffles me more than anything:
It's instant digestion and the alikes.

Like... what the fuck happened?
Did the prey just get fucking Yeeted?

It was being such good art or a story and then they pull that out.
Don't do that to me, don't Yeet digest me.

Ah maaaaan! I’m the opposite I love instant digestion. The appeal of it is just how much the pred’s body owns the prey inside and dominates over it. Instant digestion also can be done right by describing the digestion process in detail but in slow mo so the digestion still happens quickly but you still get all the juicy details about the process lol!
TheHungrySpeedrunner
New to the forum

Postby SKYANGEL » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:07 pm

hmm
hard vore, scat, etc

i dont mind if you like these, i just dont personally like these ones
SKYANGEL
New to the forum

Postby alockwood1 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:30 pm

One thing I find annoying is Unwilling Predator/Willing Prey, wherein the Predator Doesn't Want to Eat the Prey, and tells the Prey This, telling them "No Way!" but the Prey keeps going "Eat Me!" and tries to get into their mouth, or other orifice that the Predator can do Vore with.

Now, I have no issues with a reluctant Predator - my "Their First Time" is about such a Predator - they don't want to eat the Prey, but the Prey is dying anyways - one way or another, they'll be in the ground within 6 months. The Prey basically convinces them that it's alright, that they want to be with the Predator for their last moments, and become one with them.

My issue is when the Prey is Perfectly Healthy - not dying of injury/illness - and refuses to respect the fact that the Predator Does Not Want/Need to eat them. Especially when they decide to plunge into the orifice, and the Predator now tries to rescue them, especially in a Fatal scenario.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby alockwood1 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:11 pm

I think an annoyance for me is when the Predators simply see Sapient Prey as Talking Food that will Soon-be-Eaten. Being overly callus with the Predator just eating the Prey, and not even caring about the fact that they are taking that Prey's life just to eat them. This gets extra annoying when there's non-Sapient prey that the Predator could eat instead.

Another annoyance is when the author is, basically, a one-trick pony. All their stories follow a somewhat set pattern - A happens, B happens, and then C occurs, with it all ending at Point D. It's like entering a Cookie Shop, expecting different types of cookies, only to just see chocolate no-bakes, with the only differences being things like "This was made with Organic Peanut Butter. That one was made with dark chocolate. That one was made with Organic Oats. This one has no added sugar." Now, I love me some chocolate no-bakes, but after a while I'd be like, "So, got any chocolate chip or sugar cookies, or ones made from cookie cutters? Heck, I'd take me some fig bars." I mean, give me a variety, so that I don't always figure things out by page 5, to borrow a line from ERBoH's Martin versus Tolkien. Maybe in one story, the Prey escapes and lives free at the end. In another, they get enslaved in order to stay alive. In another, Full Tour. In another, Digestion. In another, turns out, the Predator and Prey are besties, and Prey was never in any Real danger. Basically, some variety, it lets one see that the author can do more than just one same story with minor tweaks.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:37 pm

alockwood1 wrote:I think an annoyance for me is when the Predators simply see Sapient Prey as Talking Food that will Soon-be-Eaten. Being overly callus with the Predator just eating the Prey, and not even caring about the fact that they are taking that Prey's life just to eat them. This gets extra annoying when there's non-Sapient prey that the Predator could eat instead.

Another annoyance is when the author is, basically, a one-trick pony. All their stories follow a somewhat set pattern - A happens, B happens, and then C occurs, with it all ending at Point D. It's like entering a Cookie Shop, expecting different types of cookies, only to just see chocolate no-bakes, with the only differences being things like "This was made with Organic Peanut Butter. That one was made with dark chocolate. That one was made with Organic Oats. This one has no added sugar." Now, I love me some chocolate no-bakes, but after a while I'd be like, "So, got any chocolate chip or sugar cookies, or ones made from cookie cutters? Heck, I'd take me some fig bars." I mean, give me a variety, so that I don't always figure things out by page 5, to borrow a line from ERBoH's Martin versus Tolkien. Maybe in one story, the Prey escapes and lives free at the end. In another, they get enslaved in order to stay alive. In another, Full Tour. In another, Digestion. In another, turns out, the Predator and Prey are besties, and Prey was never in any Real danger. Basically, some variety, it lets one see that the author can do more than just one same story with minor tweaks.

Ever thought maybe the cookie shop is allergic to those other types?
In clearer terms, maybe the writer isn't interested/comfortable with those themes. You're not entitled for them to write something out of their comfort zone just so you can have free content to consume.
Also you're not paying for the content on Eka, sooo... If there's a free cookie shop out there giving away chocolate no bakes I'll take it lol.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby alockwood1 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:11 pm

coop500 wrote:
alockwood1 wrote:I think an annoyance for me is when the Predators simply see Sapient Prey as Talking Food that will Soon-be-Eaten. Being overly callus with the Predator just eating the Prey, and not even caring about the fact that they are taking that Prey's life just to eat them. This gets extra annoying when there's non-Sapient prey that the Predator could eat instead.

In clearer terms, maybe the writer isn't interested/comfortable with those themes. You're not entitled for them to write something out of their comfort zone just so you can have free content to consume.

Making chocolate no-bakes yet be allergic to chocolate chip? Interesting theory.

Might have a point in the "Not Interested" category, because "Not Comfortable" doesn't seem to fit the one author I'm thinking of. I think mainly it's because the stories the person writes becomes too predictable - Predator meets Prey. They say hello. Predator invites Prey to jump down their throat (or into other orifices). Prey gets sexually excited at this. Pred opens Mouth. Prey jumps down throat. Prey takes care of their sexual urges one last time, as the stomach digests them. Predator then shits/pisses, getting off on that (how does that even work, by the way?). All the while, using language that would make a sailor blush.

Now, don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the formula itself, the issue is when every story follows it.

I mean, I'm surprised that the person hasn't gotten bored with that formula, and has yet to try these mint flavored Oreos I've seen at the place I work at. They look good.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:49 am

alockwood1 wrote:
coop500 wrote:

Making chocolate no-bakes yet be allergic to chocolate chip? Interesting theory.

Might have a point in the "Not Interested" category, because "Not Comfortable" doesn't seem to fit the one author I'm thinking of. I think mainly it's because the stories the person writes becomes too predictable - Predator meets Prey. They say hello. Predator invites Prey to jump down their throat (or into other orifices). Prey gets sexually excited at this. Pred opens Mouth. Prey jumps down throat. Prey takes care of their sexual urges one last time, as the stomach digests them. Predator then shits/pisses, getting off on that (how does that even work, by the way?). All the while, using language that would make a sailor blush.

Now, don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the formula itself, the issue is when every story follows it.

I mean, I'm surprised that the person hasn't gotten bored with that formula, and has yet to try these mint flavored Oreos I've seen at the place I work at. They look good.

You're the one comparing a food business to FREE stories posted on a fetish site lol. This metaphor was flawed from the start, and totally misses the point of what I was saying.

Also this is DEALBREAKERS in vore, not 'why won't content makers write everything for me for free? Be diverse!'
Totally ignoring the fact people have preferences.
It might be boring to YOU but this whole thing just reeks of entitlement.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby alockwood1 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:08 am

alockwood1 wrote:
coop500 wrote:

coop500 wrote: You're the one comparing a food business to FREE stories posted on a fetish site lol. This metaphor was flawed from the start, and totally misses the point of what I was saying.

Also this is DEALBREAKERS in vore, not 'why won't content makers write everything for me for free? Be diverse!'
Totally ignoring the fact people have preferences.
It might be boring to YOU but this whole thing just reeks of entitlement.

You might have a point.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Mokii » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:22 am

Last edited by Mokii on Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mokii
Been posting for a bit

Postby alockwood1 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:27 pm

As a D&D player/ occasional Dungeon Master, one thing that annoys me is in TTRPG themed stories where, out of game, the DM, or a player, eats another player, and it's Fatal, without the possibility of reformation, or whatever. To me, as a player/ occasional Dungeon Master, this is a violation of the Code of Conduct, where one is to feel safe, have a good time, not get attacked personally, and of course, not end up as a steaming pile of shit. In-game's one thing, but out of game, you don't do that to folks at the table.

Funny enough, reading a few stories where a Dragon DM ate a female human player, because their in-game character got ate by a dragon, actually inspired me to do my own take on the theme, and while it does have elements of r/rpghorror, like that Creepy DM with a creepy DMPC that goes after the female player in the group, it also has r/rpgheartwarming, where said female player meats up with a decent DM, whose group does have its kinks, but is up front about it, even giving an alternative option for those that feel uncomfortable, and doesn't just force say a romantic encounter between the DMPC Paladin and the female Cleric against the Cleric Player's wishes.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rokosovo » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:10 pm

It's funny, but hard vore used to be dealbreaker for me long ago when I was a new born vanilla vore enthusiast. But after awhile I developed love to hard vore and now it's my favorite type of vore. Who knows, how my tastes will change in the future? For now the main dealbreaker for me is when vore isn't fatal. If somebody isn't dead or at least permanently damaged, it feels pointless to me. And cock vore is no-no as well.
Rokosovo
New to the forum

Postby alockwood1 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:21 pm

Rokosovo wrote:It's funny, but hard vore used to be dealbreaker for me long ago when I was a new born vanilla vore enthusiast. But after awhile I developed love to hard vore and now it's my favorite type of vore. Who knows, how my tastes will change in the future? For now the main dealbreaker for me is when vore isn't fatal. If somebody isn't dead or at least permanently damaged, it feels pointless to me.

For me, while I prefer non-fatal, fatal is okay if there's a reason beyond just "I'm hungry, so I'm gonna eat you." I mean, if the Predator's in the role of a Serial Killer with the prey being the Victim, or Predator's an Executioner/Vigilante and the Prey's a Criminal, or if a Predator's helping a mortally ill/injured Prey friend end their suffering, I'm okay with that. Mind you, this is, mainly, in the cases dealing with Sapient Predators and Prey - Feral/Non-Sapient Predators get a pass here.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Mecho » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:58 am

Canon characters that I just don't like and their existence in a vore piece.
Mecho
---

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion