anti-preds!

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

anti-preds!

Postby falafel » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi, long time lurker here!

One thing I don't see too much of is preds protecting their would-be prey. IMO this is especially effective when the pred and prey are natural enemies. For the sake of example, something like a cat keeping a mouse safe from other cats, though that's not necessarily my preference. Safekeeping is an example that, as far as I've seen, involves swallowing the prey as a means to protect them, but I also like scenarios where vore is just implied or a constant undercurrent.

It's an almost cutesy scenario that may not be to everyone's taste but I really enjoy personally in my own writing and I don't see a lot elsewhere. I know it's not technically vore, sort of vore-adjacent. Just curious if anyone else likes the same thing and if so, does anyone know of some well-done examples? :D
falafel
New to the forum

Re: anti-preds!

Postby KingRonald » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:45 pm

I know that the backstory for the main character on this blog is that it's a race of nagas that take humans, plump them up and eat them for a ceremony but the naga prince decided to keep his human as a pet and not prey: http://teethclawsmonsterjaws.tumblr.com/
KingRonald
New to the forum

Postby doomfister » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:56 pm

i have done a few stories with that premise, its pretty fun to shirk the mold.
doomfister
Been posting for a bit

Postby falafel » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:14 pm

Very nice! :D
falafel
New to the forum

Postby Speedyblupi » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:34 pm

There are some stories which start off like that, but then end up as vore anyway. Unfortunately there aren't many that go deeper into following a predator protecting possible prey.

That said, there are a handful of very good stories that follow this theme.

Look up "Forest Tails" on Furaffinity. It's an ongoing comic about a rabbit called Nele and a fox called Tobur. Even if you're not interested in feral characters in vore, it's just a good story, and isn't really vore anyway - just a story about a predator and prey (and a few sexual themes, but nothing explicit), and extremely well drawn and written.

There are some other more niche stories that have that sort of theme going on, even if it's not something most people would be interested in - for example, Dusty's Trails is a recursive fanfic of Fallout: Equestria (Fallout and MLP crossover) which is heavily vore oriented, but story driven, and with a fair amount of predators befriending possible prey (a fair amount of rape and scat as well, but it's not too hard to avoid it if you're not into that but still interested in seeing a vore-themed fallout and MLP crossover... That's a very small niche, but still).
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby N-Mario » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:28 pm

I like the protective vore scenarios myself. Eating/swallowing the prey whole only to keep them safe from other danger, or taking them for a little ride is always fun. :)
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby Peptidase » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:24 am

I've been toying with a story based on something adjacent to this. A pred/prey hit it off in a non-vore scenario (blind date I'm thinking) and the pred notices that the prey is being stalked by another pred so they swallow the prey themselves to spit them out later. The prey would feel betrayed at first but after getting a chance to talk they relax and enjoy the situation. (Maybe I'll throw in an alternate ending with digestion because I'm trash.) I feel like the idea has promise.
Last edited by Peptidase on Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby delet609hw6bn3296 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:41 am

My character is the type who would do just that.

Though more often than not, it ends up being a nonfatal vore scene, where he himself ends up swallowing his friend.
delet609hw6bn3296
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sevensix » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:17 pm

Isn't this the premise of Twilight?
sevensix
Somewhat familiar

Postby HappyCore » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:28 am

I absolutely love this type of thing in all honesty. As someone who creates my own worlds, stories, as well as rps with them, I find it fun to have interesting predator prey dynamics like that! especially if the two may be a couple or close friends. I love stories in which the prey may help the predator, in which makes the pred befriend and protect the prey character due to their kindness, or enjoyment of their company.
I would imagine there would eventually be a conflict of some kind with the other predators of that one's species that could even try to ruin that bond by attacking the prey character which would lead up to a fight, vore or no vore included.

Whenever i think of that scenario a certain movie i watch comes to mind.. it's about a goat, and a wolf becoming very close friends, and eventually running off to live together. There isn't any fighting, but there is plenty of times in which the wolf wants to eat the goat or thinks about how hard it is to love meat yet have a prey friend. sorry for going off a bit haha. [i just love this kind of stuff]
HappyCore
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion