Thoughts on companies for commissions that build plush toys?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Thoughts on companies for commissions that build plush toys?

Postby N-Mario » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:40 pm

Updated topic with a few more links.

So, I was doing some Google search to see if there were any companies that offer commissions for plush toys. Mainly to help build giant plushies of our favorite predators that I would just LOVE to be eaten by.
I found a couple places, although I'm unsure what the rules are on the forums. I don't want to sound like advertising, or it was not the intent here. But I was just getting some ideas or thoughts on the possibilities of companies that make plush toys.

Budsies: This company is pretty much what they say they are. Seems that they do Specialty Plush Commissions, Custom Original Character Plushies. Though it seems they are on a raffle setting, due to the demands. However, they do seem to have a 'Make your own' Section which you can upload art
Site: http://www.budsies.com

AdorableWorld: Not sure if they do commissions, but they have tons of plushies. Though they do seem to have a custom plush section.
Site: https://www.adorableworld.com/custom-plush

- Added 2/22/19 -

Custom Plush: "If you can imagine it, we will create it." Apparently they have over 30 years of experience for plush toys.
Site: https://customplush.com/

Happy Worker: Seems like a general site that also make plush.
Site: http://www.happyworker.com/toy-manufact ... plush-toys

Another thing to consider is the pricing. I'm sure the bigger the plush gets, the more it's going to cost. I am aware of that, so I would be willing to pay for whatever they want to charge for it.

Again, sorry if it sounds like advertising. I just wanted to get some thoughts/opinions on the matter if any companies like these are worth the investment to help build a plush of my favorite predator. Like, I have the descriptions and artwork prepared and everything, but I'm unsure if they are able to do it, or who/which the best company to ask about it?
Last edited by N-Mario on Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Re: Thoughts on companies for commissions that build plush t

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:45 pm

I honestly would not know, but I did bookmark those sites for later perusal, so merci beaucoup.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby N-Mario » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:27 pm

In any case, after looking at Budsies for a while, they seem to be a legit company. from what they have shown off Still unsure what their limits are in terms of quality and sizes, only stating somewhere where "The only limit is your imagination". So I did some work on the description of the plush that I would like to be made, and sent my order to Budsies.

There are some things that I prob could have improved on the description of it. I just hope I don't regret this decision for what it's worth.
Though it's said somewhere if you are unhappy with the work, or have some changes to it, you can send it back to them, I guess. They also have a feedback report system for when they are at work on it, but I'm sure that costs even more to mess around with.

So whatever happens, happens, I guess. Just have to wait for them to make it, and see if it's satisfactory.
N-Mario
---

Postby Jayezox » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:21 am

Budsies is legit and I think they did a commission that I know of. If I'm right they're the ones that made a life-like replica of a dog that made me jump or feel legitimately unsettled the first few times I saw it until I got used to it. They also made slippers that scared the dog they were named after. If they're the company that made those they are good at what they do.

Full blown custom plush sites like that are a thing and I know it from experience.
Jayezox
---

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:57 am

Well, when things come back, do update us on it; it would be cool to see.

sweetladyamy
---

Postby Speedyblupi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:35 pm

Try Etsy. It's got a ton of creators who you could commission to make a plush for you.

Somewhere else you could try looking is the brony fandom. There are quite a lot of talented stuffed-toy makers who do commissions for people in the fandom. Some of them aren't likely to want to make anything non-pony, but I'm sure plenty of them would be happy to try it. You could try derpibooru or deviantart (in the latter case, also for lots of non-brony plushie makers) to find someone who can make them.
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby N-Mario » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:20 pm

Well, I thought of putting the site link to Etsy, but they don't just do plush. I looked at the site and they do other stuff. I wasn't sure of the relevance. I suppose I could put it on the original post at least to their plush section? Though since I already sent an order to a company, that'll have to do for now.

In any case, the only email I got so far was the original automated e-mail after you place the order. So, not really much to show right now. They estimated around 4/19/19 for the delivery, which is coincidentally a few days after my B-Day. Though as busy as they may be, I'm sure it could be either later. Though I've had orders (from other store related sites) arrive earlier than expected, so who knows. I sent them an email/reply of some info, just in case there were any questions. Though I have a feeling it may get denied due to the size requirement I put in the description, or they'll do it but a smaller version, which I did not intend for. I suppose a smaller version would be cute, but i was very specific about the description even with artwork details. So maybe they'll understand?
N-Mario
---

Postby N-Mario » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:38 pm

Sorry to bump, but there might be an issue on the situation.

So I sent them a message regarding sizes. On the Budsies site info, they come out to be approximately 16 inches (40 cm) in size. The Supersize options to increase the size from 16 inches to 30 inches. But I am unsure if the supersize option is still enough. When I asked support through email, the biggest they can go for Budsies is 4 feet and it will cost $450, and that since they get stuffed and sewn, it is not meant to be worn.

Define the term "worn" in this case. It's not a suit, per-se.It's just going to be a character plush toy that eats/swallows me. But I can't really say that directly to them, can I? Though I'm trying to be "nice' about it with reason that it doesn't sound too much like 'vore'.

But still, I am unsure what to say about this. If I pay the $450, but still can not get "eaten" by it, then it seems like a waste of money. I have currently paid the min of $115 + shipping fee for the plush on their site, so it's most likely going to be small, unless I try to cancel it, or upgrade or something.

So I'm just posting this here to see if there is other thoughts on the situation, or if i should try elsewhere?
N-Mario
---

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:29 pm

Well, that sucks.

To be fair, they're likely not going to cater to everyone's specific needs. It's one of those 'make it yourself' kind of situations, it seems...

sweetladyamy
---

Postby N-Mario » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:23 pm

Yea that's what I'm thinking. Though I told them I'll just stick to the original payment. I wouldn't mind seeing it as a plush anyway, even if it's too small. Though I would have really loved for the plush to be able to eat me and enjoy being in its belly. Unfortunately as you say, sadly it's prob something I would have to invest in doing myself if no other plush companies are able to produce it with a reasonable price. :(

Like, I remember the original ChumBuddy shark plush before they become reduced to ordinary sleeping bags, and were able to fit adults. IIRC, they were still under $300. Maybe they were $250 something with the stuffing? Without it, now they're like $150, besides me already owning one after they became flat out sleeping bags. They seemed pretty reasonable at the time. But $450 from a different company, and not able to eat a person, does not seem worth the money at all.

But I guess I just love the fish too much to see it even turn into a small plush at this point. As I said, whatever happens, happens, and I'll just have to deal with it.
N-Mario
---

Return to General Vore Discussion