Reasons why most vore is more prey oriented?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Reasons why most vore is more prey oriented?

Postby TimberWolf25 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:36 pm

There are 2 major observations I had that I would like to bring up.
I noticed in a lot of roleplay vore there seems to be an overwhelming majority of people nore oriented to be prey. What draws people in to becoming prey? Either because of experience, or perhaps more biased to be the "bottom." Just see for yourself. For every 1 RP ad for a pred, there are about at least 3 more for prey ads.
And in vore images, lots of comments seem to he on the lines of wanting to join in as prey.

Personally I'm a switch so I don't do exclusively one or the other, and not a 1st person type of guy. It got me thinking. Just curious.
TimberWolf25
Somewhat familiar

Re: Reasons why most vore is more prey oriented?

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:20 pm

My guess is that the experience of the prey is more intimate: they are squeezed down a throat to be massaged and broken down by a hungry stomach and palpitated through the intestines. For some it is a form of submission. Some probably get into the humiliation of just being food and ending up as dung. So the experience may vary.

For myself, I'm neither dominant nor submissive and am willing to play any role so long as vore happens; my limits are more in the type of vore and the range of size difference between predator and prey. With that in mind, take my perspective with as small a grain of salt as you like.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ProfessorCat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:07 pm

I find it harder to imagine being a pred, It's not that I find it any less enjoyable, but I know what hot feels like, I know what being in a tight small area feels like, I know what squishiness feels like.
Swallowing a creature that wiggles it's way down and having something huge move around in the tum, I don't know what that feels like, and I find it a bit more challenging to put myself in that point of view.
Just my two cents.
ProfessorCat
Been posting for a bit

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:16 pm

I don't know.

There's a good chance that this all came from that book I read when I was little.
The Teacher from the Black Lagoon had me quite jealous of Doris Foodle (lolz what a silly name).

I didn't understand it back then, only understand it more now. I like what I like, and being the one that gets eaten is what I find fun.

Though, in the case of RP, I haven't even bothered to update my advert because it's too niche, what I like.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Ixen » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:24 pm

That is the just the natural way of the world, needs to be plenty of prey for us hungry greedy preds to gobble up >:3 :gulp:
Ixen
Been posting for a bit

Postby N-Mario » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:00 pm

I prefer to be prey because i always feel comfortable in the pred's belly for as long as they don't digest me. I feel like once I get swallowed, then I go where ever the pred takes me. Also, in some cases, it acts like a new home for me, and the pred protects me from other things. So that is why.
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby DB1224 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:13 pm

I'm a huge sub. That's all.
So I prefer to let the pred in charge.

And I prefer to rub the belly (or add to the belly) than having the belly.
Legally it's questionable.
Morally it's disgusting.
Personally I love it.
DB1224
Participator

Postby gullvy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:25 pm

If you look around at various other fetishes, it always seems like there are more people who are sub-oriented than dom-oriented. For example, with the size fetish, there seems to be more people who'd like to be the smaller partner than who'd like to be the bigger partner.

I think it's one of those things where "that's just how it is," you'll probably need a social scientist if you want to know why more people like being sub than being dom.
gullvy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cowrie » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:01 pm

gullvy wrote:If you look around at various other fetishes, it always seems like there are more people who are sub-oriented than dom-oriented. For example, with the size fetish, there seems to be more people who'd like to be the smaller partner than who'd like to be the bigger partner.

I think it's one of those things where "that's just how it is," you'll probably need a social scientist if you want to know why more people like being sub than being dom.

This. And, I'd guess the reason has something to do with a survival trait for a social creature in prehistoric times. A group will survive better if there are more followers than leaders.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby Peptidase » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:48 pm

I tend to lean pred, but I really enjoy the prey's perspective. As for why I personally like the position over prey's I guess it's a sort of power thing, like "I'm the one causing this". I've always thought of the pred/prey relationship as being adjacent to sub/dom and that fits in well with that theory. That said I fucking love unwilling and regretful preds, so where that puts me on that scale IDK. Having an inflation fetish also, the idea of being the one with the huge squirming gut is pretty appealing.

A second idea comes from the larger variety of prey experiences compared to preds. Sure you have forced vore and reluctant preds and a couple other variations, but generally the pred's experience is either kind safe vore protector, willing prey garbage disposal, or smug villainous killer that happens to eat people. From the prey's experience, you get willing, unwilling, willing to unwilling, unwilling to willing, humiliated, flustered, relived, safe, hard digestion, and soft digestion just to list what comes to mind. Not to mention that's where all the action happens. On the outside it's (usually, but there's some really good stuff that plays with this in inventive ways) just a glorified inflation fetish thing, but the prey get's the multi-sensory experience. Preds have taste and more visceral feeling, but prey get it all. Do they hear the pred's heartbeat, their organs working, what the pred is doing outside? Does the stomach acid sting their skin? After how long? Are they in pain as they disolve? Does it feel good as they melt away? Is there a distinct smell? Are they pushed around or crushed by peristalsis? Is it like a comforting hug all over? Is the heat and humidity overpowering? Basically a ton of possibilities for prey, not so many for pred.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby cranberryknights1 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:29 am

I don't see being eaten really as a bad or harmful thing in my fantasies so to me being inside someone I feel really strongly about or am extremely attracted to is more of a good thing not something violent or hurtful. Its more just a way to be really close or intimate with the person I am inside. I don't mind being eaten against my will and for the pred to kinda like enjoying me being trapped inside them and things like that but at the same time I don't want it to be something they do with the intention of causing me pain or death.
cranberryknights1
Participator

Postby ArcaneSigil » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:23 pm

I see vore as prey oriented because people seem to enjoy seeing preys slide down tight throats more than they enjoy seeing fair sized preds, such as Rexes and others.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby Kitsouille » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:28 pm

Because more people are preys, simple as that... or is it? By that logic, in other but similar fetishes, there would be more subs than doms, more bottoms than tops, etc. and honestly I don't know anything about that. Are they 50/50? Although being pred is not just being dominant, it's dominant to the point of eating someone. Perhaps that's less relatable?
Kitsouille
???

Postby Morkeleb » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:05 pm

lots of people into vore tend to be more subby for some reason. And subby tends to = prey.

I'm a switch myself, I don't care if I eat or am eaten, I have fun either way.

Hell, some fun rp's I've had I went into not knowing which I was going to end up being, improvization is fun.
Morkeleb
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eznam » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:08 pm

Personally I just feel embarassed to admit to like the pred side because the stereotype of a pred is a very rapey dominatrix type. Plus I couldn't care less about the whole prey-pred aspect of it or even the food aspect of it.I just have dreams about it and the simulated feeling that eating people in them gives me is good and fun. Meanwhile on the prey side you get all that other stuff and on top of that you get internals.
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby HappyCore » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:52 am

I'm usually a switch, I can tell you why I enjoy the both, but first I'll say why i feel like vore is a bit more prey oriented?

I feel like it honestly stems from vore in media, most of the time when I was younger, and I first ever saw vore in a cartoon or video game, it always seems like the hero/heros/heroine/heroines are the ones getting eaten, and since most of us enjoy being the hero in our own stories, i would think the majority would just be coded into thinking that? Just how i feel, but of course there is the whole thing about enjoying being submissive, and not being able to do anything about being eaten alive by the predator, some people are pretty turned on by being helpless or feeling entirely dominated by the one they've been swallowed by.

For me I just enjoy being dominated, or feeling like i cant do anything about what is happening to me at the moment, thought I also love a good cuddly predator on occasions because i have a big soft spot for squishy cuddly preds also. [and comforting rps are just so chill honestly.]

When it comes to being a predator in rp, i just really like to have fun, maybe make the prey all embarrassed if they like it or scare them. When I'm pred i just get a kick out of being the big guy that the other is submissive too, or sometimes it can be a scenario where the little guy teases me into eating them cause i get all fired up, the possibilities are pretty endless when i'm pred which is why it's fun for me on that front.

For me it comes all down to my mood.
HappyCore
Been posting for a bit

Postby Someone92 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:36 pm

In most surveys "being dominated" is consistently one of the most common sexual fantasies, often times even the most common one, especially for women.
Therefor it should not surprise anyone that in vore, which is for most a sexual fetish, the most sought after spot is the one that is "being dominated", meaning being the prey.
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Daichi777 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:22 am

Apart from the domination kinky aspect of it.

There are quite a few people who are put off from ever posting from things they see that they're not into, posts made by the community, and overall attitude they receive if they post once because they're excited to find others and not feel weird.

In RP it's easy to see why because of the posts showing, but it's not as rare as you may think to come across Pred lovers IRL.
DISCLAIMER: Due to impersonation & defamation. My official accounts are only on: Patreon, GiantessCity, Aryion, DeviantArt, & Twitter.
Daichi777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Seelane » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:16 am

4 reasons I can see how:

1. Lots of people are into vore because of BDSM and the submissive position seems to be more popular than the dominant position.

2.There are just more fetishes and scenario related to being eaten than eating someone.

3. The contents here are not representating of what is the most widely loved but what is more popular with artists. This is why you can find almost no m/f and m/m even though the audience for that kind of content is actually big.

4. Being eaten by someone is easilly accepted in our kind as fantasy and not reallly ethically wrong but when it come to us eating someone, it is more easilly seen as the same as cannibalism and is less ethical. While it doesn't apply to some, it definitely apply to others. It also make some preds be more shy about showing themselves as preds. Its also sadly even harder for female pred as the can get harass by a group of people to fulffil their fantasy which them hide their preference to be pred even more.
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion