A plant's interior (plant research/tree research)

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

A plant's interior (plant research/tree research)

Postby sabrina_diamond » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:53 pm

So, in my newest game that I created, you can get softvored by Misako (!) in a bad ending, but I have a slight problem. Since this is an alien-plant we're talking about, I was thinking of doing research on a wide variety of real-life trees/marshlands/mangroves, but I've been asking around and others weren't as helpful. So basically this is what I wrote so far... Buuut, as usual I don't know enough about plants to describe their main characteristics, so I've compiled a list of different plants so that I can mix their characteristics.

Additionally in my own game, the vore skill is renamed the "Devour" skill (currently only enacted by Lycans and Bakenekos), because the word vore is currently unknown to the known public.

Blood-oak
    Pine oil
    Eucalyptus
    Fir tree
    Mistletoe (?)
    Maple tree
    Red Lotus

Could someone help me with my research, please?
Attachments
Misako bad_ending.pdf
The ending mentioned
(39.79 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
*Chomp, slideee, gurgle gurgle* Must have ate something off! *screaming*
sabrina_diamond
???

Re: A plant's interior (plant research/tree research)

Postby NightRoller » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:03 pm

Define characteristics. Do you mean, exterior physical characteristics, interior physical characteristics, how the plant gets energy/nutrients, how it gives off waste, how it grows, etc.? Narrow your question down a bit, please.
Most of these things could be looked up on Google. Or did you mean something else?
We live in a culture of addictions. What's yours?
NightRoller
Somewhat familiar

Postby NightRoller » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:08 pm

I must admit, I have done extensive research on anacondas, reptiles, fish, and sharks, but what little experience I have with plants, beyond basics, are the things about pitcher plants and Venus flytraps. So if you want animal digestive system info, I've got a lot, but otherwise, I have little.

Though upon reading this short bit, I must mention a few things I noticed, to assist you in the way I know best:
1st, you misspelled 'wrack' as 'rack' pretty early in the text.
2nd, in the first few paragraphs, rather than write in the past or present tense, you wrote in the /future-uncertainty/ tense. e.g., rather than say 'I wrote this text' or 'I write this text', you write like 'I would write this text' which implies that both 1 there is an 'if' statement upcoming or in the past and 2 that those actions haven't happened yet or have happened in the past, but most importantly, AREN'T HAPPENING OR DIDN'T HAPPEN RIGHT NOW.
Sorry for the convolutedness of that explanation, but at first read, I didn't realize he was/is being eaten until it switched to present/past tense. Because of that switch, it seems your writing in the uncertainty-future was not intentional, and it confuses the reader about what IS or DID happen.

An interesting story, though not my favorite because of the inherent goryness of imagining it happening. Another note, then: did the protagonist forget his arm was sliced off when he was in the stomach? It wasn't mentioned that it was still painful.
We live in a culture of addictions. What's yours?
NightRoller
Somewhat familiar

Postby sabrina_diamond » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:30 am

NightRoller wrote:Define characteristics. Do you mean, exterior physical characteristics, interior physical characteristics, how the plant gets energy/nutrients, how it gives off waste, how it grows, etc.? Narrow your question down a bit, please.
Most of these things could be looked up on Google. Or did you mean something else?

I meant interior characteristics...

[*] So basically the top half of the plant (the petals area) is bright red, then there are thorny (yellow thorns) and thick green intertwining vines that lead from the flower petals down to the third section, which is shaped a lot like a white-bark tree-stump, there are two tree-branches that act basically like human arms and hands, resembling the shape of hands if you look closely at it... Also attached to the tree-stump segment are two thick brown vine-like reeds that act like antennae, much resembling an insect's own. They tend to lash around a lot. The final section of the plant are long and slender and thick roots that act to stabilise the plant whenever it scuttles around, a lot like a spider.

Now that I described the outside of the alien plant, I guess you all can picture in your mind what it looks like on the outside. But the interior is what I have trouble with.
Attachments
Misako_talk.jpg
misako_the_plant_alien.jpg

Last bumped by sabrina_diamond on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:30 am.
*Chomp, slideee, gurgle gurgle* Must have ate something off! *screaming*
sabrina_diamond
???

Return to General Vore Discussion