Comments vore artists hate?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Comments vore artists hate?

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:56 pm

YOU HAVE TO MAKE A SEQUEL!

On a commissioned piece...

B$%^* you payin then?! I mean if you're trying to encourage the commissioner that their idea was good sure but cmon I didn't do a commissioned piece for nothin.

That and people on an unwilling piece and getting upset that the pred was mean or not nice...

That's the f$%^ing point dawg!

That and the occasional "Your shit sux"

Once I was even physically threatened for a piece I made. Like CHILL man, it's fiction.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby tigercloud » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:00 pm

"Forced rp"

Thats basically the only type of Comment I not like that much (not hate) - But also not see it as "Comment", more offtopic, like "Hi" etc

I also don't like Troll/Hate-Comments/Self-Ads/Asking for Requests. - Even if I didn't had all of them so far

I don't normally care for X

I think this is supposed to be a compliment, when someone enjoy it what they usually don't like. It means you have done it very well, so they even can enjoy that.

I wish that were me

I have to admit this is a bit strange, but I think its also a compliment. When you had some something good they can imagine to be in there.

2. Unsolicited "advice". It's a common misconception that if someone shares their work, they must be seeking advice on it. No. Sometimes, people just want to share their work, period. Maybe they're happy with it the way it is, or maybe they don't care how polished it is and just want to convey their ideas. It doesn't matter. People who are seeking critique will usually ask for it. If you don't see anything saying "critique welcome", don't just assume that everything someone posts is just waiting for your expert advice. If you don't see that someone is seeking critique and you don't have anything to say about the nature of the work being shared, just move on. There's more to art than the technical aspects.

I guess thats really up to every artist. But I personally would love to hear critique, even when I don't write it somewhere that I "seek" it^^.

For this I think the artist should state they don't want hear any critique. Even if it looks for me as viewer a bit strange "They deny to hear improvement suggestions, they don't want to improve".
I think this is a difficult topic, but I understand your point! But the problem is there are more sides of this blade =/ Some really want critique, some don't want any at all and some just share art, but are happy to hear improvement suggestions (even if not written). So its really hard to see for the people who do a critique/notice^^ I think its still just a nice move from them to tell you about it, its nothing bad, they took their time to help you (even if some dont want any - but it can just ignored in that case IMO)

----

Honestly this Thread makes me a bit sad, I love when anybody takes their time to comment on my work. But when I see how some people basically search for negative aspects in the comments thats just a sad... I'm quite lazy, but I try from time to time to add a comment, because I know how much I like to get Comments. But after reading this topic I feel a bit less engaged to comment. =/
Angel GTS Vore-Artist - My Gallery
---
Check out the Ekas Disinterest Filter
tigercloud
Participator

Postby pristiciosa » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:43 am

"Do you use your body as a reference?"
"Do you masturbate while you draw?"
or there are also times that try to force me to rp when in my profile it makes it clear that I do not rp ^^;
pristiciosa
New to the forum

Postby Very » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:20 am

I think trollish comments by dingdongs who try to stir shit are some of the most annoying I've gotten.

One time I shared art of a character of mine on a vore discord and the only commentary I got was along the lines of "not my kind of pred, nice art though" which feels a tad back-handed. I mean I'm sure they meant well but it still hurts, haha.

Other than that I'm kinda thankful I haven't gotten that many comments that I hate, mostly because I'm not terribly popular, and inconsiderate, ignorant behaviour doesn't crop up quite as much.
Last edited by Very on Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Very
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby dele350b26b9 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:03 am

I usually like all comments, community interaction is the main reason I even make stuff. The only thing thats mildly annoying is people requesting things after I've stated that I don't do that anymore. But usually a simple "Thanks, but I'm working on my own idea's right now!" will tell them off.

I will say I've only ever posted on Eka's so I don't have to deal with DeviantArt trolls, most people on this site are really chill :)
dele350b26b9
Been posting for a bit

Postby Emberell » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:08 am

RealZikik wrote:What bothers me is when people say something is unrealistic (and imply it's a problem) in any of my stories. I write stuff that I fantasize about even when it goes against the rules of reality and fiction isn't restricted by what's possible in the real world.

This kind of comment, for me, is one of the worst. I love talking about the mechanics of vore, or going for a bit of realism (where I can), but comments like "X is unrealistic, you should fix X" always read to me as someone voicing their fetishes and wants and saying they work better (somehow). Like, Yeah, I write Unbirth with digestion sometimes, or unbirth transformation - but just because you love Endo doesn't mean that it is any more realistic. I feel for almost any line of vore thinking, you have to throw away some realism, and one of the things I enjoy doing a LOT as a vore author is romanticizing vore, touching on the questionably consensual, from all manners of angles.

Like, sure, if I'm writing a realistic hard vore story, maybe then, if you found a detail out of place - I might ask for the feedback on that, but the majority of these comments when my work wasn't 'realistic' enough for the viewers as I wrote it, but realistic is only as aligns with their fetish. Please, stop coming in to my work and saying I've written or drawn it wrong, just because something happened in a way you didn't like. Or just because my most recent work is a soft story and the stories with cruel and unforgiving predators are more 'natural.'

/rant.
Last edited by Emberell on Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emberell
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aces » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:10 am

ryanshowseason3 wrote:YOU HAVE TO MAKE A SEQUEL!

On a commissioned piece...

B$%^* you payin then?! I mean if you're trying to encourage the commissioner that their idea was good sure but cmon I didn't do a commissioned piece for nothin.

... *raises hand slowly* ... I'll pay. :B

Jokes aside, I was thinking about this yesterday. "I wonder if it annoys people if I ask whether they plan to make a sequel."

If it's something I wanna see, hell yeah I'd be willing to pay. I'd say just ask the people outright. "If you'd like to see a part 2, my commission info can be found here" and link the commission info. I do this with my writing and it's turned into a crowd funded series with one of my stories that I've made like $5,000 off of to date.

If they get uppity about having to pay then they can go fuck themselves.

Emberell wrote:
RealZikik wrote:What bothers me is when people say something is unrealistic (and imply it's a problem) in any of my stories. I write stuff that I fantasize about even when it goes against the rules of reality and fiction isn't restricted by what's possible in the real world.

This kind of comment, for me, is one of the worst. I love talking about the mechanics of vore, or going for a bit of realism (where I can), but comments like "X is unrealistic, you should fix X" always read to me as someone voicing their fetishes and wants and saying they work better (somehow). Like, Yeah, I write Unbirth with digestion sometimes, or unbirth transformation - but just because you love Endo doesn't mean that it is any more realistic. I feel for almost any line of vore thinking, you have to throw away some realism, and one of the things I enjoy doing a LOT as a vore author is romanticizing vore, touching on the questionably consensual, from all manners of angles.

Like, sure, if I'm writing a realistic hard vore story, maybe then, if you found a detail out of place - I might ask for the feedback on that, but the majority of these comments when my work wasn't 'realistic' enough for the viewers as I wrote it, but realistic is only as aligns with their fetish. Please, stop coming in to my work and saying I've written or drawn it wrong, just because something happened in a way you didn't like. Or just because my msot recent work is a soft story and the stories with cruel and unforgiving predators are more 'natural.'

/rant.

This annoys me too but I'm a writer and sometimes I gotta look at criticism like this.

It's not so much "realism" sometimes as they mean "it's not believable", such as a time when I had my characters severely digested and it pushed the rules of the universe I had written, only for them to magically survive.

Be weary not to mistake when they mean "realism" verses when they mean "believable". If something isn't realistic, that doesn't matter. It's a fictional fetish. When you violate the rules of the very setting you have created, then you create something that is not believable, and it mucks with the story.

Just my two cents on the matter. It's up to the writer to filter critique, and not all critique is useful. The best writers know when to listen and when to reject it. I can't tell you what the threshold is because it's entirely subjective, but it's also really obvious when you have a writer who either rejects all criticism, or accepts even the most absurd criticism.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Emberell » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:06 am

Aces wrote:
Emberell wrote:

Like, sure, if I'm writing a realistic hard vore story, maybe then, if you found a detail out of place - I might ask for the feedback on that, but the majority of these comments when my work wasn't 'realistic' enough for the viewers as I wrote it, but realistic is only as aligns with their fetish. Please, stop coming in to my work and saying I've written or drawn it wrong, just because something happened in a way you didn't like. Or just because my msot recent work is a soft story and the stories with cruel and unforgiving predators are more 'natural.'

/rant.

This annoys me too but I'm a writer and sometimes I gotta look at criticism like this.

It's not so much "realism" sometimes as they mean "it's not believable", such as a time when I had my characters severely digested and it pushed the rules of the universe I had written, only for them to magically survive.

Be weary not to mistake when they mean "realism" verses when they mean "believable". If something isn't realistic, that doesn't matter. It's a fictional fetish. When you violate the rules of the very setting you have created, then you create something that is not believable, and it mucks with the story.

Just my two cents on the matter. It's up to the writer to filter critique, and not all critique is useful. The best writers know when to listen and when to reject it. I can't tell you what the threshold is because it's entirely subjective, but it's also really obvious when you have a writer who either rejects all criticism, or accepts even the most absurd criticism.

The latter form of comments are not the issue I mean (and honestly, I've had a few - One was a really good conversation with someone on realistic digestion on a story, that wasn't just "This wasn't realistic" but was more on pointy on the point of why things were wrong in the story. The comments that are just the worst are ones that go more "This is gross and unrealistic" versus a respectful comment that says, "I'm not sure this tracks as well with what youv'e established."

Maybe that's all just in tone, but comparing two different types of comments I got - one which got on a story about being unrealistic, which ended up in a hearty conversation of the reasons it was intentionally written the way it was (it was a prey-perspective heavy digestion story, where the prey experience told them they were being squeezed from every angle (when digestion is peristalsis from the top down) and... other details I won't get into. That was a fun conversation, and we had a respectful conversation because they approached the problem intelligently and let me say my piece. I wish I could dredge up the comment from SoFurry that I based this off of, I see them a lot on other artwork.

I'm not really looking for critique on my work in the first place - but if you want to get into it with me, hear me out as an author and artist. I don't mind starting a conversation or dialogue between artists on the construction of language or other ways of getting into the work - it really does help me grow!

Just.... don't jump on a piece of same-size oral vore and start bashing it as unrealistic because it's more 'real' that the predator would choke to death because their prey is 'too big.' Or whatever - you know the comment type I mean, and those are the ones that truly get on my nerves, where it's posing as someone trying to be 'constructive' but has no mind of listening to what the artist enjoys or wants to write.
Emberell
Been posting for a bit

Postby KillerZ15 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:15 am

I clearly can't make this claim about myself, but anytime I'm looking at a piece (be it writing or artwork), I cringe when people ask the artist-in-question/author-in-question for a request, or if they use the comment section to address something completely unrelated to the piece (asking about a commission-in-status usually comes to mind).

I... used to look for requests years ago when I first had accounts here and on DA, and it is something I deeply regret. I'm not sure if I've requested on the comments section of a piece, but if I did, I do want to apologize to any of the artists I might have done this to.
KillerZ15
New to the forum

Postby Aces » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:25 am

Emberell wrote:Just.... don't jump on a piece of same-size oral vore and start bashing it as unrealistic because it's more 'real' that the predator would choke to death because their prey is 'too big.' Or whatever - you know the comment type I mean, and those are the ones that truly get on my nerves, where it's posing as someone trying to be 'constructive' but has no mind of listening to what the artist enjoys or wants to write.

Oh yeah, those comments are still dumb.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Enteresting » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:57 pm

I'll have to add my two pennies into this (as a writer, planning on getting into drawing sometime when I've got a new desk) but I usually tend to say "If you'd like to talk about a Commission piece or a Trade/Request" and place it in the description so people can contact me, though sometimes I forget to.

It annoys me when they say "can you do this" or "I'd like to see X" and half the time I yell at my screen "Read the damn info box!" usually followed by an insult of sorts.
Enteresting
Participator

Postby Speedyblupi » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:54 pm

I don't get why so many artists are reacting so negatively to people saying what they want to see in future work. It's exceedingly rare for these comments to actually be intended as a demand for the artist to cater to the preferences of the commenter - there are entitled idiots out there, but most people are not like that.

It can be useful for an artist who wants to become more popular to get a better idea of what their audience wants to see. If the artist doesn't want to take a particular suggestion they can just say they're not interested in doing it, and that would be the end of it in the overwhelming majority of cases. So many artists just seem to assume that their commenters have the worst intentions in the comments they post, and I have no idea why.
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby ConcordantOpposition » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:04 pm

Speedyblupi wrote:I don't get why so many artists are reacting so negatively to people saying what they want to see in future work. It's exceedingly rare for these comments to actually be intended as a demand for the artist to cater to the preferences of the commenter - there are entitled idiots out there, but most people are not like that.

Most people who make those comments aren't trying to be demanding, its true. They are trying to be supportive. But from the perspective of the artist or writer it's exhausting to get a bunch of comments that are all some variation of "more please" immediately after you've spent hours of hard work making something new. It's like, that thing you just posted is brand new and the first comment you get is someone asking if you can pour another ten hours of your life into making another new thing. When you really just want someone to notice the little character details you added or the new shading technique you tried or something else specific to that story or picture.
ConcordantOpposition
Been posting for a bit

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:45 pm

ConcordantOpposition wrote:the first comment you get is someone asking if you can pour another ten hours of your life into making another new thing.

This guy gets it.

Also we're entitled to our emotions, negative or not.
It's what we feel and that's real.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby MarinLaFey » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:40 pm

Anything asking me to write a sequel. Like no. I do me. Me don't wanna do sequels. Like I know it says they like my work, but still.

Any "Hey I like this even though it's not my preferred sex getting eaten!" Like please. Stop. You're annoying. We're doing porn. Sexuality is more fluid than you think. Please attend to your wet underwear.
MarinLaFey
Somewhat familiar

Postby JacktheRabbit » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:43 pm

I'm just going to rant out a few.

I haven't seen on own so much, but I'm irked when I commission someone where the pred or prey is clearly in the role of pred or prey and people comment trying to change the character's position. Ones I've seen: "I wish the roles were reversed!" or "she gets eaten by an offscreen bear!"

People commenting on world building and settings I made, angry that the world or setting's worlds don't line up to their personal tastes. I once had someone insisting I make horses predators in a world I made where horses are strictly not considered predators. "This is bullshit!" he exclaimed. By the end of it they had the gall to claim they were 'just concerned I wouldn't get as much RPs'.

I've posted some HTML/CSS/JS profile personal projects. It's a really unique irk but an irk nonetheless. People commenting expecting the project to be rendered in mobile. I'm a web developer by trade/career, and one of my primary skills that I'm paid for is mobile development, with close to 10 years experience in just that. Even then, I rarely do mobile versions of HTML profile work beyond basic scaling and and a few media queries to hide most of the interactive features since:

* the amount that would view on mobile is super minimal due to the chat being being mostly tailored for desktop

* it's significantly more time consuming. Solid mobile responsiveness is something you'd have to specifically plan to do. If something is "broke on my phone" then mobile probably wasn't their intent or target. That might be a sin for modern websites, and why it's come to be expected, but less so for one-off interactive HTML pages on a fetish RP chat.

People passive aggressively commenting about a story not being continued yet. "I guess this is dead then." I'd be more likely to finish something old with positive comments.

Another not seen on mine yet. People being sexual with other's characters. "I want to have-sex-with/rape that." I saw one where the commissioner replied "I commissioned this for my character and that comment makes me uncomfortable". They responded "That's kind of my thing around here."
JacktheRabbit
Participator

Postby Siorche » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:29 pm

I know Eka already said it, but just to add onto it, be sure to report people acting inappropriately! Harassment isn't allowed, nor are rude comments and junk.

Also don't forget about this b blog.php?b=43318
Siorche
Worst Final Boss
Worst Final Boss

Postby Chameleonette » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:11 pm

1. Anything along the lines of "wish this was a female pred / that you drew/wrote female preds / that there was a female pred version of this". And defending such behavior with things like "I'm just telling you my preferences." This also goes in line with anything that puts down male preds or puts them in a bad light.

2. "Is she gonna be okay?" or something that points to fatal being an 'undesired' or 'unwelcome' outcome, despite the fact that all of my work is fatal/digestion, tagged to say so, and doesn't pretend to be anything else.

3. One that I get a lot that some may not are complaints about the characters I draw/write. I got into self-indulgence in the last couple years and I happen to like drawing a certain male canon character with my sona/self-insert lady a lot and I have gotten several complaints about "Oh it's him again" or other snide remarks.

4. Comments where people assume that I'm 'actually into willing' because I draw vore scenarios with my sona/self-insert. This boggles me and also bothers the heck out of me, as one of the biggest appeals to me in vore is the unwillingness of the prey. I get this a lot as well when I say I consider things "Alternate Universes" and they try to imply that my character 'actually likes it', so it keeps happening to her.

5. And of course, the "wish it were me" and "can I join?" or comments asking for sequels or something other than what I've done. I had a complaint on a story once that focused on post-vore belly play and digestion and a comment felt the need to say "need a prequel" and when I said I specifically did it because I wanted to showcase post-vore, which is often skipped over, they were like "I prefer the process". Arrogance and entitlement just really bug me.

And just a general reminder that people should always be nice to and encourage content creators and what they do. Without them, we wouldn't have the content that we do, no matter what you're into in this fetish and outside of it. Think twice before you comment and from potentially discouraging someone from creating more content or creating what they specifically want to and not just what appeals to you. If you want an artist/writer/creator to make something specific to your interests, then ask about commissions! But never try to make it sound like they have some obligation to you or to the community to make or 'provide' something or a particular kind of kind. Be kind and courteous to creators and support what they choose to want to do.
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby kagamichan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:21 pm

"I wish this was a female instead" or "you can't draw my waifu as prey!!!" always make me roll my eyes. :roll:
kagamichan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Bradleymiddler » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:15 pm

Personally, my response to the drought of content I like is surprisingly stereotypical: I just create some myself. It's way more edifying and beneficial than complaining futilely to artists.
Bradleymiddler
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion