Should giantess vore stories have a message?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Should giantess vore stories have a message?

Postby 13master13 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:10 pm

sevensix wrote:
13master13 wrote:A theme is an underlying message of a story. They teach that at the college level as well; that's English 101.

Then why are they different words?

That's a great question. Do some research into semiotics and see if you can find an answer that works for you.
Mx Thirteen
Editor in Chief:
Anthropophagette Press
13master13
Somewhat familiar

Postby Noxyoursox » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:05 pm

The theme/meanings are things that will be there whether the writer intentionally writes them or not--often they are made up by a set of underlying assumptions that the story is built on (stereotypes, moral and political ideas, etc.). You don't need to think up a "message" for one to exist. But yeah, in erotic stories that "message" often doesn't have a lot of thought put into it, since the writer is much more concerned about the physical and emotional reactions of their audience than anything intellectual. As far as well-thought-out literature goes, I don't know of any that centers around vore--but there are some examples that include vore (like the unbirth scene in American Gods).
Noxyoursox
Participator

Postby Thatonepred » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:29 am

sevensix wrote:
Thatonepred wrote:At the end of the day, just do what you like. Someone, somewhere, will enjoy reading whatever you create, message or not.

I can't guarantee that. There aren't many, if any, people who look at every new story posted; and some "stories" are really bad.

No one can guarantee anything, so it's best not to worry about it in my opinion. And don't get me started with the quality of some of the stories here; I've seen some absolute shit in terms of quality, no offence to the creators. It's not that it doesn't adhere to my tastes, it's a case of the lack of formatting or even grammar that makes things a near unreadable mess.

Yet people still have liked such tripe. Which is why, message or no, far as I see it? You will never please everyone, but there's still hope for people liking whatever you create.
Everyone dies. Few live forever. Neither apply to Me.

Consumam ergo sum
Thatonepred
Somewhat familiar

Postby fixated1 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:13 am

I love analyzing stories and writing in general, but my smutty smut doesn't need a message for me to enjoy it. It just needs to be smutty in the right ways.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Seelane » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:00 am

SamuelOrona wrote:The Twilight Zone was a show known for weaving a message into the story, things about humanity and right versus wrong. How do you feel as a reader, when reading giantess vore stories or stories where shrunken men get swallowed alive by normal sized women, (fatal or non-fatal) would you prefer to have that type of message inserted into the narrative of a giantesss vore story, or do you prefer that messages should be left out?

Theme is the message of a story, I learned that in high school English class. Do you feel that giantess vore stories aren’t true literature and shouldn’t have a theme? Are giantess stories just fap fests? I want to know what the majority of people here think.

Like for most erotics, comedies and horrors, vore stories are meant to create an emotion while reading, so a definite theme apart from that is not always needed. Its like an art piece, here to trigger an emotion in you.

But there already themes like domination, kindness, cruelty, state of society and etc... A theme doesn't always need to be deep.
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gershwin » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:07 am

@op - Personally, I try to weave in some form of narrative and emotional context, usually romance or some such. Most of my stories are heavily conversation driven. I find stories that lack that sort of thing are boring and not actually at all sexy or erotic - quick fap material just isn't hot IMO.
Gershwin
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion