To Pred RPers: Do you only play your IRL gender?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

To Pred RPers: Do you only play your IRL gender?

Postby coop500 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:08 pm

It's something that has been on my mind as of late, but do you only play as your IRL gender? Or maybe only the reverse of your gender? Or does the gender of the characters you play not bother you? I find myself curious to hear people's thoughts and answers!
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Re: To Pred RPers: Do you only play your IRL gender?

Postby ArcaneSigil » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:16 pm

I'll swap every now and then, but I prefer my irl gender because I know the way the male body works. I don't know how the female body works.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:17 pm

I play as and with male and female chars, moods shift between things. Often a female pred lean, but my main sona is male to match my sex and be easier to get into the character of.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby blergle » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:36 pm

Pretty much yeah, just because it *is* fetish RP for me and I'm gay so having any females in my fetish stuff would preclude the point of fetish RP. If I am role-playing non-fetish stuff for storybuilding then the gender of a character doesn't matter.
blergle
---

Postby dragonjerky » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:03 pm

It's easier for me to think like a male character because I am one. And, since vore is sexual for me, I get more out of it if my partner's IRL and character gender matches my sexual preferences. I'm a switch, so I'd get the same experience regardless of role. Though, I am heavily leaning pred now. As long as the preferences line up for both of us, regardless of role, it's good. (I want my partner to be happy with the experience, too!)
Check out my gallery!*
*Warning: Check gallery description so you don't view content you don't like!
dragonjerky
Somewhat familiar

Postby rugli » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:25 pm

NO why?
rugli
Participator

Postby coop500 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:12 pm

rugli wrote:NO why?

Just curious, I myself am a female that mostly RPs as male predators but I often get raised eyebrows and I noticed it's common for peeps to assume character gender = IRL gender.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Alicodus » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:53 pm

I play either. In fact, my typical pred character is a female. I am male IRL.

EDIT: I suppose I should add that I am a switch, rather than fully pred or prey, if that adds any to the conversation. I equally enjoy both, but tend to pred more, since that seems to be what people are looking for more often than not.
Last edited by Alicodus on Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"You don't want to find out the hard way
How our society treats
The misfits who make mistakes"
- Lard -"I Am Your Clock"
Alicodus
Participator

Postby Hoboman » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:56 pm

I usually go with males, since I am one. But I do like to play females as well. I lean male pred, so it's easier to get into it if the character matches my gender and sexual preferences.
Hoboman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Artemis » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:24 pm

No, but I'm much better at playing my IRL gender. (Female)

See, I am both a girl and a weirdo IRL. That's what I know, and I'm best at writing those characters. I know girls fairly well, so I can sorta write more normal girls with at least semi-accuracy? And I know weirdos well, so I can sorta write weirdo boys with semi-accuracy. But I struggle with writing more normal male characters, and because of that it's harder for me to ground weird male characters when they need to be less weird too. I can get away with writing decent boys so long as they don't stick around for too long such as to give me time to mess something up. I strongly suspect that someone watching me write a boy for an extended period of time would be able to tell that I don't 100% grasp how boys think. I would probably inadvertently give them a few feminine traits, even if the character is supposed to be masculine.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby kaneruNTchan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:14 pm

I'm mostly prey, but i'm still willing to be pred, and in both cases i prefer being male as well i can use female characters.
I can't say if i like more to RP as male or female, I feel more appealing a F/m or M/f scenario, preferiable girly-like characters.
愛爱日式畫
kaneruNTchan
New to the forum

Postby hax » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:46 pm

I'm gender fluid so the answer is complicated.
hax
Somewhat familiar

Postby EnderDracolich » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:55 pm

Well, I'm a switch rather than an exclusive pred.

I'm also transgender.

Setting those two points aside, yes: I exclusively play female characters. The idea of playing a man just seems totally bizzare to me, because I'm not one.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby cranberryknights1 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:28 pm

Female IRL and I am only comfortable RPing as female.I don't always have to RP as myself as I don't mind doing female characters I just would not really like being a male even during that.
cranberryknights1
Participator

Postby granblue » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:49 am

For me, IRL gender is utterly irrelevant to RPs. I'll play as whatever gender the character I created is.
granblue
Participator

Postby Zephyr42 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:55 am

I'm a dude and I prefer to pred as a dude, but I have no trouble playing either male or female. I could probably do in the middle, but I haven't yet because herms have kind of a bad reputation from what I've seen.
Zephyr42
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Greedyy » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:50 am

I tend to play both and I am at the point where I quit the RP from the getgo when someone prioritizes the IRL gender for whatever reason instead of the acting character
Greedyy
Somewhat familiar

Postby AkaiFenneku » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:37 am

While I hardly RP vore in private with friends (because not many people are into it and/or our tastes difer greatly), most of the time I play male preds despite being female. However this is because since day one I've felt more comfortable roleplaying as males than females. I have to say though that lately I've been feeling more comfy to try and RP as a female character now and then, but whenever I sort out a muse I most likely will grab a male one.
Depending on how the character is (and also my preferences) I'll make them be a pred, a prey or something in between, but most of the time I like to RP as pred?? I don't really care about the gender of the prey or pred though, just how well they fit into that role respectively.
Nightmare Fiction can be a love song if you're not a coward.
AkaiFenneku
Been posting for a bit

Postby EnderDracolich » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:16 pm

Zephyr42 wrote:I could probably do in the middle, but I haven't yet because herms have kind of a bad reputation from what I've seen.

EDIT: So, I kinda threw a tantrum about this without any basis. I'm sorry.
Last edited by EnderDracolich on Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby yetra » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:35 pm

Switch here as well, I'm most comfortable playing as a trans girl, like myself, but I'm not opposed to other feminine characters. Playing a masculine male would be uncomfortable for dysphoria reasons.

EnderDracolich wrote:I'm getting sick and tired of people who hate herms, specifically. I get it, if you're straight, or gay, or otherwise attracted to one sex, you might not wanna play with a herm/trans/intersex character - but when you list both male and female as acceptable preferences but nothing in between, it's very marginalizing and comes across as a rather directed attack.

I've known bi people who would talk about trans people like they were confusing creatures they couldn't possibly ever wrap their head around. People just have rigid gender expectations I guess.
yetra
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion