Character biologies (discussions)

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Character biologies (discussions)

Postby sabrina_diamond » Sun May 05, 2019 2:32 am

So in my stories I like to focus on anatomically realistic biology (anatomy) regardless if they're alien or humanoid, so basically I'll devote this to discussions of anatomies of various characters (human or otherwise)... For example, in my stories the succubi are an alien species that utilise their soul-gems to suck in the essence of other beings, so soul-vore is utilised via their biology (they can suck in souls via their serpentine muscles), whereas the incubi use tail-vore using their tailmaws and sometimes their tails quarrel a lot.
Last edited by sabrina_diamond on Sun May 05, 2019 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Chomp, slideee, gurgle gurgle* Must have ate something off! *screaming*
sabrina_diamond
???

Re: Character biologies (discussions)

Postby Devourerita » Sun May 05, 2019 3:56 am

I really like interesting anatomy for vore characters: for example, my character is an eldritch abomination that only needs to eat, so it lacks all the organs except for the stomach (the acid is really powerful, being able to melt pretty much anything, and the stomach can absorb all the nutrients by itself). This combined with a literally insatiable hunger and shapeshifting (the low profile form is that of a standard human/furry, while the predatory form is a mixture between a dragon and Venom that stands anything between 5 to 20 meters with multiple layers of theets and a long and prehensible tongue)
My vore code
An eldritch abomination that fused with a human a long time ago.
Male pred only
Devourerita
Somewhat familiar

Postby sabrina_diamond » Sun May 05, 2019 4:18 am

Kotone is a rather interesting... humanoid abomination, because on the outside she looks completely humanoid, but her own innards mostly consist of dark pitch-black tar, purple mist, bleached bones, potent volcanic lava and limestone rocks, so if she cuts herself she literally leaks black tar everywhere... ^^; It helps that Kotone's humanoid form is a disguise and her actual form is a lot more monstrous in nature... Plus she has actual fangs which are seen whenever she laughs.

Olapen is likewise rather humanoid, (save for hir soul-gem in hir chest) but otherwise shi is almost humanoid and is sustained by a mixture of mana and chaos magic, the other succubi are more bestial in nature and appearance. Shi has purple hair and because shi had messed around with magic a lot, it also affected hir biology in other aspects...

Also, Devourita, your character sounds very interesting!
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Peptidase » Sun May 05, 2019 3:08 pm

I'm really liking the creativity with the fantasy races here. The most I've ventured to write about was a dragoness that broke down food to recharge her magical field with leftover magic storing into fat, which ended up being more of a side point to her story that wasn't a whole lot more interesting than "magically fast digestion".

I know metabolism isn't usually a hugely interesting aspect of vore biology for most people, but I've been working on a story for a while that focuses on a sort of "tier" system for more mundane human predators based on how often they need to eat, and if it needs to be human or even meat. Could certain aspects of a person's diet could be synthesized in a lab to reduce a pred's reliance on human meals? That sort of thing. The main character is a pred of the type that needs to eat people fairly often because their body doesn't synthase some unidentified "vitamin or protein or something" that can be obtained on a diet of other living humans, but has serious moral qualms with digesting other people despite an instinctual drive constantly egging them on to do so. But as it turns out it's pretty damn hard to write a vore story where the point is that the pred doesn't eat people for most of the story , so progress on that has been slow going. Who'da thunk it? I still think it's an interesting framing device for a biologically-based societal "pred hierarchy" but I think I'm going to need to add some more characters with less moral confusion if I'm going to make it work and help show off different points to this whole system.

Something else I feel is often overlooked is prey biology. Sure you can have your normal people and tinies but I feel that there is a world of opportunities for nearly-but-not-quite samesize prey with all sorts of built-in preyishness. My ideas so far have mostly been pretty subtle things: A smaller stature so they're easy to scoop up and swallow. A fast, loud heartbeat that attuned preds could recognize from a good 60 ft away. Something about the way they look, move, smell that just flicks little switches in the brains of preds and even some normal people that bypasses conscious thought and just starts the mouth watering. I'll confess I've been having a difficult time coming up with ways to make some of those work without resorting to comparisons to irl prey animals (namely rodents) but I feel like I have an interesting WIP here.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby Cowrie » Sun May 05, 2019 5:04 pm

I love to think about the biology of my characters. One thing I'm big on is predators with non-human digestive tracts. For example, my faerie character Fern has a digestive tract organized like an insect with a crop for food storage, then a chitinous gizzard to grind food, then a chemical stomach for that part of digestion, and only a single intestine. As a faerie, she's also capable of absorbing the magic from other creatures she eats that are innately magical. This in turn increases her own magical power.

For the Dívcí Národ, they're human, with their powers being granted by their goddesses, but these divinely granted powers do affect their biology. Their digestive juices are strengthened, both enzymes for rapidly digesting men's flesh, and hydrochloric acid for eliminating any inorganics that might have been swallowed with them. Additionally, there's an increase of elasticity of some areas to allow swallowing of men, and the rate at which the physical parts of digestion occur (stomach churning, chyme being passed through the intestines) is dramatically increased.

I'm currently working on a setting inhabited by two different non-human sapient species, one of which is the natural predator of the other. I haven't decided what each species will look like yet, but one thing I have already considered is the biology of each species. The prey species uses r-Strategy reproduction like real life rodents or rabbits. They have a relatively short gestation period, and each pregnancy results in numerous young, with the assumption only some will survive. They have the same male/female sex division as humans and most other real life species. Similarly, they mature fairly quickly. The prey species is completely herbivorous, and evolved for either a grazing or browsing lifestyle - I haven't decided which for sure yet. One thing I am sure of, however, is, despite their r-Strategy reproduction, they're actually larger than the predator race on average, at least a head taller and much more heavily built, and I may make the difference more dramatic still.

The predator race will use K-Strategy reproduction like humans, bearing a single young per pregnancy and putting a great deal of investment into raising them. However, its sex system will be one that's very rare in real life animals; they exhibit Gynodioecy, having females and hermaphrodites, but no males.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby EnderDracolich » Sun May 05, 2019 6:20 pm

sabrina_diamond wrote:So in my stories I like to focus on anatomically realistic biology (anatomy) regardless if they're alien or humanoid,

I think about biology a lot too. Generally my characters are usually based on existing animals, so I try to base their characteristics on the anatomy of those animals.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sabrina_diamond » Sun May 05, 2019 10:32 pm

Well, Misako's biology is rather interesting since the Venusians are an extra-terrestrial plant species that need human blood to survive while on Earth... They don't need as much blood as vampires do, so a few drops will suffice for a few hours... Plus there was one scene where Misako noms the main character (softvore scene, plant-form), but I was having some difficulty visualising it so I may need to rewrite the scene a few more times. I like plant preds in fiction, they make rather fascinating alternatives compared to the usual human preds in vore fiction... :lol:
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby stearwing » Mon May 06, 2019 6:03 am

With dragons it's easy enough to copy the digestive system of monitors or crocodilians.

It is comparatively more difficult to come up with scientifically "hard" explanations for their various abilities - for Westerns flight is nasty to explain, but less of a challenge than fire-breathing, which I've still not entirely figured out because gaseous, hypergolic and pyrophoric fuels all have their little explosive, toxic, carcinogenic and otherwise overreactive quirks.
Easterns are simpler to justify using known biology, but still not easy. They're described as aquatic, and making a species that is as frightening underwater as a Western dragon is in the air is hard. Bioelectricity (defensive and electrolocation) and active/passive echolocation do go a long way, but even the most well-adapted aquatic reptile I could find (an Australian species of turtle that is apparently capable of limited oxygen extraction underwater) needs to surface eventually.
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby sabrina_diamond » Fri May 10, 2019 8:36 am

Fuschipede is based off the legendary "Death Crawler" centipede- which is said to grow so large that it can even eat a full grown man, but currently as it is, it is only tiny so far as it seems to have hatched from a tiny egg at the bottom of someone's boot. Its pink colouration warns others that it is dangerous and it has lots and lots of legs similar to a millipede.
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Tangentg » Fri May 10, 2019 10:57 pm

I'm not sure if this really goes with the scope but I'll put it here.

Regarding mouth designs, I have 2 characters with special (a.k.a non-human) mouths...

One is for my demi Komodo dragon girl, Biawak. Due to conflicts between using her for vore stuff and for RPG stuff I didn't clearly define if her tongue can by itself taste like a human's or if her tongue can only pick up scent, and requires flicking out and back in to touch the roof of the mouth for scent to be analyzed/"tasted". I just sorta leave that up to imagination and use something in between. Anyway she has a forked tongue that can "taste the air" as well as determine the direction it's coming from, like a real Komodo dragon's. Part of the appeal of the Komodo dragon was from when there was a misconception that touching their saliva would kill you in a week, but that's been refuted by studies now. Turns out they only use venom, but I keep that misconception part because I prefer soft vore. So basically if she gets her saliva onto your skin then her saliva would seep into your skin through pores and gradually weaken its victim.

Another mouth design I have has influences from human saliva and chameleon tongues, and that's for my WIP character Aurora. She is a giantess and has a chameleon-style tongue that can reach as far as her height [counting from torso and up only as she has tentacles rather than legs] (which is around 40 feet, thus enormously long, though considerably slower especially when reeling it back in). The frontmost portion of the underside of her tongue sticks to victims while the top side allows her to lick and taste preys like normal humans. The saliva is lightly digestive, though not to any effect that would really burn its victim or anything. It's taken from the idea that human saliva has digestive enzymes so Aurora's saliva is digestive, but only slightly. It has no practical digestion effects on the victim, and proper digestion would still be done in her stomach.
If you lick my clothes and think it's tasty then eat my clothes and spare me.
Tangentg
Been posting for a bit

Postby sabrina_diamond » Thu May 30, 2019 9:26 am

So succubi in my novel draft have blue blood, they are a lot heavier-built than normal humans, they have chameleon-like ability to disguise their forms and their tongues are really long and can extend long distances. They have ear-wings in their normal state, but can camouflage themselves to look mostly like humans. They love partying and having a good time while doing so. The succubi are also are omnivorous and they can easily snack on metal and gems like a gluttonous goat would. Their main weakness is they need to feed on souls every 14 months and act a lot like the traditional medieval version of succubi that use breathing to suction out souls.

Incubi are pretty much the same, but their tailmaws (a type of pharyngeal jaw on their serpentine tails) can also ingest rats and mice in the area. Also succubi are really heavy, even though they are built a lot like a humanoid lady, they can be over 90-100 kg, despite looking pretty much the same size as a normal human. That is also due to their physiology, because the succubi come from a different planet other than Earth. One incubi is part of a family clan of up to 8 other members. They tend to live in cavern-like environment. Due to the society of Espers, who are the psychic Elite leaders, they function pretty much like a big happy family.

They also utilise a lot of "hammerspace physics" within themselves and can store large or small items inside their bodies, coins, potions, etc due to their internal magic and Soulgem... Due to their internal magic and inherited traits, they can have unnatural hair/eye colourations as well as mutations in their physiology such as reptilian horns and scales and animal fur. They are related to the Aelith species.

(I was a big fan of Arthur C. Clarke's novel "Childhood's End" and it definitely shows here... :-D )

Last bumped by sabrina_diamond on Thu May 30, 2019 9:26 am.
sabrina_diamond
???

Return to General Vore Discussion