Curious about Hypnotism in vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Curious about Hypnotism in vore

Postby TurboRex300 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:08 pm

I know artists like NummyNomz love hypnotism, and while it intrigues me I feel like I'm missing a part of the picture. So for anyone who likes hypno, what about it appeals to you?
TurboRex300
New to the forum

Re: Curious about Hypnotism in vore

Postby Wisply » Sat May 18, 2019 3:23 pm

hypnosis walks a pretty fine line between god-modding and completely ineffective for me. i tend to enjoy hypnotism that is less controlling the mind of the character and more influencing their mind instead, shifting their feelings and level of comfort to lean in the predator's favor without completely losing control of their own brain. an example would be a predator's gaze that can make whoever stares at it feel euphoric and lusty, or a scent that acts as an aphrodisiac that attracts prey against their better judgement. it makes it so that the personality and unique thought process of the prey isn't completely lost, but isn't one hundred percent all there either to allow for a good mix of confusion, fear and overpoweringly good sensations.

hypnotism's appeal for me is the control aspect of it. to think that a predator has enough power and influence to sway the intentions and reactions of their prey is very attractive. control is a big part of a lot of my kinks, especially macro/micro, since the power difference tends to be incredibly skewed in a macro predator's favor, and it tends to seep into my other interests. i also enjoy the idea of a predator using pleasure to their advantage, making a prey feel so good both physically and mentally that they're willing to step towards danger and death just to get more of it. it's also very fun to be creative with methods of hypnotism in terms of character creation, since it allows for a whole new branch of creative freedom in how you approach that ability and how you make it interesting.

it's something i tend not to have in a lot of my roleplays, but i still very much enjoy it and would have it as a feature much more often if it wasn't as niche as it seems to be. it's not for everyone, but it is definitely for me. :wink:
Wisply
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tebomas » Sat May 18, 2019 3:23 pm

I rarely played it, but one positive point was: It can make having a willing prey (or uncaring about its fate) much more "realistic". So one can have quite fun and casual conversations between pred and prey, without needing much more unbelievable explanations.
Tebomas
Somewhat familiar

Postby gullvy » Sat May 18, 2019 5:09 pm

I absolutely adore hypnosis, no way around it.

As has been mentioned, it's also very much about domination and control for me. It is a way for the predator to impose themselves on the prey. And forcing yourself onto the very thought process of another being is about as dominant as it gets!

Now, there are many ways to do hypnosis. Sometimes I do it in a more realistic manner, where the hypnotizer will slowly induct the victim, placing them into a trance that is nevertheless still only a more suggestible state, not complete obedience. Other times, I do the classical swirly-eyes-and-melodic-voice thing. Even then, it can be anywhere between just a light influence to make the victim feel more relaxed, to removing the inhibitions of the victim, to making the victim completely subservient but still with a mind of their own, and to complete mind-break in the most extreme cases. I love it all, no matter the level it is taken to.

Of course, when doing it in RPs, it'll usually not go to complete mind-break, since that (usually) makes it unfun for the other player. But, I've had some great RPs where the victim was made completely subservient, yet still retained agency.

When doing it in my written smut, though, I don't have to worry about godmoding and such, so I'm free to explore it in detail. I've also written from the point of view of the victim some times, and the written medium does give a great way to show hypnosis, by withholding important information from the reader, and giving insight in the thoughts of the hypnotized character.
gullvy
Somewhat familiar

Postby R_U_Snacksize » Sat May 18, 2019 7:11 pm

IMHO it can be really good if done correctly but it is not always easy to pull off well.
R_U_Snacksize
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ArcaneSigil » Sun May 19, 2019 8:53 am

Hypnotism and mind break seem to be what does it for me. The predator hypnotizes its prey an breaks their mind, turning them into a perfect, subservient slave with no will of their own, fully intent on eating them after they're done playing with them, which could include anything from "technically rape" to forcing the slave to convince their entire village or town, or just their home, to feed themselves to the predator before being eaten themselves.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby Devourerita » Sun May 19, 2019 2:29 pm

I think that the big part of hypnotism is that you can take an unwilling prey and make it willing by force.
I especially like when the prey is dehypnotized as he settles inside the stomach of the pred, leaving him screaming for help. And I like even more when a hypnotized prey is completely aware of what is happening, but has no power to stop his body from obeying the pred, even when he is being digested
My vore code
An eldritch abomination that fused with a human a long time ago.
Male pred only
Devourerita
Somewhat familiar

Postby stearwing » Mon May 20, 2019 11:47 am

Mind control generally makes it easier to subdue prey.
Personally I prefer somewhat less precise methods, such as manipulating emotions or simply sabotaging the normal operation of a mind.
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby Cowrie » Mon May 20, 2019 12:58 pm

Hypnotism and other kinds of mind control can be fun in vore. Most of my characters with magic are at least theoretically capable of this sort of thing, though many of them prefer other approaches.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby AkaiFenneku » Mon May 20, 2019 4:15 pm

I honestly tend to make distinctions between 'hypnosis' and 'brainwashing'. In my case, and above all, I always want the scenario to be consensual, so hypnosis is just a way the prey has to relax and enjoy their time, even have the sensations they're experienced enhanced and they feel so nice and comfy that they can't help but get aroused... or simply relax and feel safe while the predator swallows them whole. However I got to admit this kink is one that you have to thread on carefully, because the moment you introduce things like brainwashing, shifting the prey's thoughts and emotions completely just for the predator's benefit, that's when it crosses rapey territory for me, which is a no-go. To each their own, though.
When I mix vore with hypnosis the scenario is always between the pred, in charge of the hypnosis, and the prey, the one being hypnotized. Perhaps the prey is distressed/sad/anxious and just wants some cuddle time inside the pred + a relaxing session of hypnosis to wash away their bad/negative thoughts. The pred hypnotizes them, helping them overcome their conflict and feel good in the process, before giving them some nap time in their gut. That's what makes the hypnosis + vore combo attractive for me... You could say it's a comfort kink.
Nightmare Fiction can be a love song if you're not a coward.
AkaiFenneku
Been posting for a bit

Postby stearwing » Tue May 21, 2019 5:21 am

AkaiFenneku wrote:I honestly tend to make distinctions between 'hypnosis' and 'brainwashing'.

That's an uncommon one, but it makes sense -
- as someone coming from the opposite direction in terms of what he prefers.
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby cranberryknights1 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:50 am

I feel like hypnotism can be a nice addition to a fantasy but i'd like if the prey while hypnotized is still aware in there mind of what there doing,but unable to control there body or actions despite that while there under the spell.
cranberryknights1
Participator

Return to General Vore Discussion