Difficulties finding similar preferences

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Difficulties finding similar preferences

Postby MustLoveCats » Sat May 18, 2019 4:47 pm

Not sure if general is the right place so forgive me.

I've been a part of the vore community (and furry) for about four years or so now. I feel like there's a lot less people who actually enjoy the more sensual intimate side of vore. I know I'm not the only one, but I've noticed that it's more difficult to find them now than a few years ago. There's more people who seem to want snuff, gore, sadism, and scat related themes than there isn't. The balance was always more in favor of the extremes, it just seems to have become more of a stark one-sided equilibrium.

Not only that but I can't seem to find anyone (and I've been looking for awhile now) that fits into a good blend of dominant, carnal, sensual, affectionate, intimate, and compassionate. You might think those aren't compatible but they are, because I've played that kind of predator and for me it's quite enjoyable. Unfortunately, I'm prey, so playing a pred is draining and tiring. I have needs! I suppose it doesn't help that I only like female furry preds, with herms a close second as long as they deal in that fascinating clit cock.

I don't like malevolent evil cruelty. Being teased about being a meal, being humiliated, gloating. That's nice. Though being called 'nothing but shit' is a bit much. I'm not that big on disposal either. I can do without the scat and such. Domination, ownership, those things are great but I find a lot of people want to add in some pretty dark and brutal stuff.

To each their own, but it makes it difficult to find partners when you tend to get mostly that kind of thing and you want nothing to do with it. I'll keep looking, but I'm just kind of curious as to what makes the dark snuff stuff so attractive. I used to be that way, but it was because I was depressed and had no self respect or value during those days.
MustLoveCats
Been posting for a bit

Re: Difficulties finding similar preferences

Postby Eka » Sat May 18, 2019 6:03 pm

Talk to people and go to more places is really the only way to find people with similar preference. Check our roleplay chat and/or discord out I would suggest.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Birichino » Sat May 18, 2019 8:18 pm

Well, I empathize. I think I've already seen you in the "Seeking Partner" section, so that may not be of much help if it wasn't already, though you could always read other people's posts instead of hoping the right kind of pred finds you.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby MustLoveCats » Sat May 18, 2019 10:59 pm

Birichino wrote:Well, I empathize. I think I've already seen you in the "Seeking Partner" section, so that may not be of much help if it wasn't already, though you could always read other people's posts instead of hoping the right kind of pred finds you.

Dun worry, I'm actively poking about. Just been seeing a lot of the same stuff.
MustLoveCats
Been posting for a bit

Postby MustLoveCats » Sat May 18, 2019 11:23 pm

Eka wrote:Talk to people and go to more places is really the only way to find people with similar preference. Check our roleplay chat and/or discord out I would suggest.

yep, I am. I'm just wondering if I'm crazy about what I see. It's a legit curiousity.
MustLoveCats
Been posting for a bit

Postby cranberryknights1 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:30 pm

I feel you when it comes to not liking any the of the dark or violent stuff. It's a major turn off for me. I have pretty picky preferences too when it comes to how I like my vore fantasies and I have not found much here that match it very well however I have learned to enjoy stories that have parts of things I like and look past the things that are not ideal as long as its nothing thats off limits for my tastes like bloody and fatal vore.
cranberryknights1
Participator

Postby AkaiFenneku » Mon May 20, 2019 7:21 am

Boy, do I feel this... I have very picky, and I mean very picky preferences. Certain things can't happen in a certain scenario, I allow certain things and not allow others depending on the situation (as in, depending on if the situation is NSFW or not), certain types of preds and prey are unattractive to me, and in general if I like something there's always a 'but' or 'except if x happens/in this other scenario'. I guess I'm the type of person who's always into the cuddly, sensual and/or comforting side of things, relegating digestion and such to prey that are evil and/or deserving of such fate. I'm also the kind of person that doesn't consider 'hard vore' vore, I call it cannibalism/gore/eroguro because for me the idea of vore itself is very different and carries different connotations. On top of that, scat/disposal of any kind is a no-go for me, so ^^; It's fine if people have preferences of their own, everyone has them, but sometimes it can feel a bit lonely when you're very picky with your tastes and can't find someone that shares the same with you.
Nightmare Fiction can be a love song if you're not a coward.
AkaiFenneku
Been posting for a bit

Postby MustLoveCats » Mon May 20, 2019 11:28 am

cranberryknights1 wrote:I feel you when it comes to not liking any the of the dark or violent stuff. It's a major turn off for me. I have pretty picky preferences too when it comes to how...

Yeah, this is something I do as well. You gotta dig deep though, but when you do happen to find something it is quite worth it. I'll admit it is nice to know I'm not alone in this struggle/quest. You get used to seeing so much of it that you begin to feel alone.
MustLoveCats
Been posting for a bit

Postby MustLoveCats » Mon May 20, 2019 11:33 am

AkaiFenneku wrote:Boy, do I feel this... I have very picky, and I mean very picky preferences. Certain things can't happen in a certain scenario, I allow certain things and not allow others depending on the situation (as in, depending on if the situation is NSFW or not), certain types of preds and prey are unattractive to me, and in general if I like something there's always a 'but' or 'except if x happens/in this other scenario'....

You know, I never thought about it that way but my views on hard vore are exactly the same. My view of digestion differs, but then to me there's the kind which matches your view on getting a vindictive satisfaction out of giving someone evil their just deserts (pun intended). Then there's the soft gooey melty warm all-embracing digestion that symbolizes, to me, total acceptance. Reformation is always a must for me as well, and generally I write about intertwining spirits. Not assimilation, but an extreme sense of closeness and one-ness. I'll admit, I can be 'slightly' masochistic but I think I already said that.
MustLoveCats
Been posting for a bit

Postby Kirah » Mon May 20, 2019 2:09 pm

There's always "not enough" of any given niche.

The truth is, there is more to vore than just "stuff I like" and "stuff I don't like". While there is probably more of the stuff out there that you don't like, the same goes for people who are into fatal vore. Even they will have specific preferences that the vast majority of artwork can't satisfy.

My preferences are a lot like yours, so I can definitely empathize.
Kirah
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MaverickAventura » Mon May 20, 2019 2:36 pm

I was (and still largely am) in a similar pickle with you since my interests are super niche as well. One of the best ways I've been introduced was making a thread about it a few odd days ago here to find out if anyone liked the same stuff as me and also attempting to explain it.

Posting commissioned artwork and stories helped too as there's a good chance people are searching for similar content on the gallery here too.
I love Vacuum vore! You can join my friend's Vacuum Vore Discord here: https://discord.gg/AxF9MWvbTr

One man's Lidl is another man's Waitrose.
MaverickAventura
Somewhat familiar

Postby Birichino » Mon May 20, 2019 3:41 pm

Maybe the forum needs more subforums? Niches can get pretty small, but there are still large splits like same-size vs. micro/macro, or digestion vs. safe or full tour (endo being a more general scenario of being inside a body, often more adjacent to vore than containing it). Those don't address attitudes directly, but most cruel preds digest, and multiple prey is common for them, so there is some idea of what to expect with finer categories.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby 157and493 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:33 am

It is strange, reading this post actually made me realize that I started off preferring romantic and sensual vore that revolved around the predator and prey loving each other and engaging in vore because they wanted to become closer. However, I eventually started to enjoy vore that involved barbaric cruelty and abject suffering, and since that type of vore was more prominent here I naturally gravitated towards it more... I still really do enjoy vore that involves love and romance though, it is just that there is not enough of it to satisfy me so I generally stick to the more violent side of vore. Thinking about it though made me realize that I really do wish there was more vore that involved love and focused on the romantic relationship between the predator and prey.
157and493
Participator

Postby Jayezox » Thu May 23, 2019 2:55 am

I would suggest finding a Discord group that shares your preferences if you haven't done that yet. Does an artist that shares your tastes have their own channel? That would be a good way to start. I found a couple of pokemon groups that lean toward safe and have a higher volume of consensual even if they lean toward scat (although no more than the general population from my estimate). I put out my role play ads a few times and found multiple partners despite being picky about anthros. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. I share your preferences too so I know RPers willing to play predator are out there.
Jayezox
---

Return to General Vore Discussion