Who/What do you associate with vore?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Who/What do you associate with vore?

Postby N-Mario » Tue May 21, 2019 9:08 pm

When you think about vore, what kind of character/creature do you usually associate with it? I mean in general terms. This does not exactly have to be your favorite pred/prey, but this is more or less asking what kind of pred that comes to mind when you associate yourself with vore.

When I think about vore, I usually associate with giant aquatic creatures such as fish, sharks, orcas, and whales. Considering all they do is swim and eat, and eating/being eaten/swallowed whole is what we love about vore. Though I'm sure characters like Pac-Man, Kirby, Yoshi can be also associated with it as well, even though they are not on the top of my fav preds list. Though it's just something to think about.
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Re: Who/What do you associate with vore?

Postby TaciturnTiger » Tue May 21, 2019 9:35 pm

For me, the bestial nature of a predator comes in mind for me and vore. Some of my earliest aspects of vore came from beings like the Big Bad Wolf, and even a story my cousin told me when I was young and camping of a giant wolf who could swallow a whole camping trailer. For me, a predator's aspects come off as something atavistic and wild, outside of the norm of sapient sophistication and even rational thought at times. Hence, it's been more of a monstrous aspect to my predator characters -- Jori being part-monster, Rachel having an aberrant magical trait, Dana having a bestial mutant defect.
TaciturnTiger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Tyslan03 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:56 pm

Humans
Tyslan03
Participator

Postby cranberryknights1 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:25 pm

I guess sense I have such a strong desire to see them do it,when it comes to vore my first thoughts go to female video game characters. Both before I joined here and ever sense cause of the videos or stories I liked here that involved characters like that.
cranberryknights1
Participator

Postby coop500 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:41 pm

Usually what comes to mind is a tall masculine figure and a small child figure, predator and prey in that order. It also makes me think of warmth, comfort, and protection. The reflex thought on an emotional side is typically a possibly frightening but wholesome act first and foremost, something large and powerful gently devouring something small, helpless and in need of a guardian.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Jayezox » Wed May 22, 2019 1:11 am

Something fluffy and four legged that I want to get that close to.
Jayezox
---

Postby AcidGhost » Wed May 22, 2019 4:19 am

Wolves, harpies and lamias are generally the first thing that come to mind for me. Predatory species, even though I like role reversal as well.
AcidGhost
New to the forum

Postby Devourerita » Wed May 22, 2019 7:54 am

I associate scalies (snakes, dragons, Komodo dragons), Venom, Bowser and my character. I also imagine painful digestion and burping
My vore code
An eldritch abomination that fused with a human a long time ago.
Male pred only
Devourerita
Somewhat familiar

Postby Peptidase » Wed May 22, 2019 4:22 pm

Flytraps and similar. Thanks Twoey.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby Mecho » Wed May 22, 2019 5:15 pm

As for what the typical/common vore things in the community is I think about dragons, snakes, giantesses, monsters and things like that.

As for realistic /IRL things I think about snakes, tigers, polar bears (all predatory animals)

And for personal preferences I think about male pred bots~
Last edited by Mecho on Wed May 22, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mecho
---

Postby AkaiFenneku » Wed May 22, 2019 5:19 pm

When I hear vore the first thing that comes to mind is Tom and Jerry and Sylvester and Tweety. I suspect because they're the characters that made me like vore from a young age in the first place. Of course I can associate vore to things like my favourite characters, human or otherwise, but they're basically my first memories of vore so I inevitably associate them with it.
Nightmare Fiction can be a love song if you're not a coward.
AkaiFenneku
Been posting for a bit

Postby Birichino » Wed May 22, 2019 7:31 pm

Starting from the word, probably something like a lamia. Karbo was a pretty major gateway artist.
Though if we're going the other way and asking what things remind me of vore, dragons are definitely on the list. I know how popular they are.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby EilerTDefiler » Wed May 22, 2019 8:42 pm

One of Karbo's mouth's, Karbo was such a big influence that I always associate them with the idea of vore
Attachments
d4z9le1-8a16574d-364e-4f56-ada2-532027b701d4.jpg
EilerTDefiler
New to the forum

Postby Peptidase » Wed May 22, 2019 10:51 pm

Mecho wrote:As for what the typical/common vore things in the community is I think about dragons, snakes, giantesses, monsters and things like that.

As for realistic /IRL things I think about snakes, tigers, polar bears (all predatory animals)

And for personal preferences I think about male pred bots~

Its kinda weird for me that that last one doesn't click for me so much considering how often I used to rent the Transformers movie from blockbuster. Those scenes with the transformers Unicron ate being dumped in vats of acid were more than a little formative for me. Robot Preds are super underrated.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby GBBG » Thu May 23, 2019 11:59 pm

I generally associate vore with predatory animals. Teeth are nice but not necessary. Also, long necks.
Writing a vore novel. Check out an excerpt over in work to be shared!
GBBG
Participator

Postby Mecho » Fri May 24, 2019 5:36 am

Robot Preds are super underrated.

Super-ulta-mega-dual-combo-agree!
Mecho
---

Postby spanxthanx » Mon May 27, 2019 9:39 am

Mini GTSes! Well endowed muscular curves clad in spandex.
spanxthanx
Somewhat familiar

Postby ArcaneSigil » Mon May 27, 2019 10:06 am

Snakes, dragons, dinosaurs, demons, gods and monsters. Those are the first things that pop into my head. Examples.

Snakes are scientifically designed to ONLY swallow their prey whole and, somewhat, alive. They can't chew, because their teeth aren't made for it nor do their jaws have the power to actually rip off chunks of flesh. (Anaconda from the Anaconda Movies and Python from the similar movies are exceptions)

Dragons, as a whole, are LARGE, POWERFUL, DOMINATING creatures. If they existed, they would rule the land, sea and air simply because of how powerful they are as a creature. They can fly as fast as a Harrier jet. They can breath fire. Their jaws are designed like a T-Rex fused with a crocodile or other carnivorous creature. Sometimes, they have four powerful legs that make outrunning them a literal impossibility. Some are small and lithe, such as Water Dragons or Wind Dragons, while others are Large and Powerful, like Fire Dragons and Earth Dragons. The general possibilities when it comes to Dragon Preds are LITTERALLY ENDLESS because, and I hate admitting this, they probably didn't exist in real life, giving us the chance to REALLY expand our imaginations when it comes to them.

Dinosaurs. Nuff said. But no seriously, almost all dinosaurs were EASILY large enough to swallow a human being whole, with several exceptions of course. When I think Dinosaur, the first dino that comes to mind is, obviously, the T-Rex. The Apex Predator of its time, a T-Rex was genetically designed to be the ultimate killing machine. And yet... Rex's were scavengers. They weren't as fast as Raptors, so they often times had to scare off the Raptors, due to how much smaller the little bird dinos were compared to the Rex, in order to eat, or they had to salvage what was left after other dinos had already eaten their fill. It still fascinates me to no end that the T-Rex was a scavenger, despite being the largest predator of its age.

Demons. We come in all shapes and sizes. I say "we" because 99% of the time I roleplay as a demon so I get into the character and tend to get stuck. Anyway, we come in all shapes and sizes. Human, non-human, furry, reptilian, dragonic, the list goes on. Some demons are human sized. They're typically the ones you'll see making deals and collecting souls. I mean... think about it... would you make a deal with a demon that could swallow you whole just by kissing you? Ok, those of us here, probably yes... but demons don't go back on deals. You make a deal, you get what you asked for. Until show time. Other demons are much larger, or much smaller depending on the caste. It all depends on what aspect of Hell they're dealing with. Warriors tend to be the larger variety, dragons and such, while spies and hunters are the smaller varieties, reptiles and furry creatures (cats and mice). It all depends n where they're placed in the demonic hierarchy.

Gods... well... Gods tend to be LARGE AND IN CHARGE. They ask for offerings, typically of wine, women or food. It's because of their large stature, as well as their appetites, that Gods are on the list of Top Preds for me.

Monsters. This here is a tricky subject. Monsters have long been seen as creatures such as Cyclopes, Hydra, Lamia and other creatures. For me... Monsters are those and many more, though "Monster" in and of itself is simply the "genus" as it were. Each other monster itself is a "Species". That's just me though. Other people might see it differently. However... in a lot of the stories I've read, a lot of the stories I've written as well, the TOP vorish monsters tend to be Lamia, Hydra and Naga (different from a Lamia).
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby N-Mario » Mon May 27, 2019 1:17 pm

Peptidase9098u wrote:Robot Preds are super underrated.

I actually agree with this as well. I think the reason being is because they don't have living organs, they're just cold, metallic parts built together without a realistic digestive system. So ppl aren't usually turned on by this. But if it's done properly, a robot can make a good predator. :)
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby Tangentg » Mon May 27, 2019 6:52 pm

Lips-licking has basically been all the vore for me. When I see a picture of a predatory character (e.g. a wolf girl in a game) licking lips then to me I see it as vore and it's what I like in vore so I linked such pictures in vore picture channels only to be told/asked "how is that vore".
If you lick my clothes and think it's tasty then eat my clothes and spare me.
Tangentg
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion