Vigilante preds

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Vigilante preds

Postby Kitsouille » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:29 pm

I was thinking more about if a "good honest citizen" doing vigilante work would think eating someone whole is ethical/acceptable or not. Is there a reason a vigilante could wear a mask or not? That's just preferences at this point ^^
Kitsouille
???

Postby Birichino » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:38 pm

Kitsouille wrote:I was thinking more about if a "good honest citizen" doing vigilante work would think eating someone whole is ethical/acceptable or not. Is there a reason a vigilante could wear a mask or not? That's just preferences at this point ^^

There are a lot of vore settings where it's heavily accepted, and a lot of comic book scenarios where vigilanteism is celebrated, like old 50s comics. It's not too much of a stretch for a predator to be treated like a hero, let alone accepted. A reputation might hinder any subterfuge one might want in a plot, though.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby EnderDracolich » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:49 pm

Devourerita wrote:Just out of curiosity, how many people like vigilante style preds? For vigilante pred, I mean a pred that, when he catches a criminal, instead of turning him to the police or something similar, he eats him instead (and, for extra points, digest him).

I do. I quite often play my main OC Hariti as such a character.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Kitsouille » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:26 pm

Birichino wrote:
Kitsouille wrote:I was thinking more about if a "good honest citizen" doing vigilante work would think eating someone whole is ethical/acceptable or not. Is there a reason a vigilante could wear a mask or not? That's just preferences at this point ^^

There are a lot of vore settings where it's heavily accepted, and a lot of comic book scenarios where vigilanteism is celebrated, like old 50s comics. It's not too much of a stretch for a predator to be treated like a hero, let alone accepted. A reputation might hinder any subterfuge one might want in a plot, though.

Well it depends on the universe then. It's certainly a possibility that it is accepted, more a question of, if someone had the power to swallow/digest/absorb/store inside a whole human being, and that person wanted to fight crime, would they be ok with themselves if they actually ate other human beings, would they gross themselves out, would they limit themselves to eating inorganic materials, would they eat but spit out humans, would they digest humans, etc? How would people react to a hero being able to do this, is this a hero at all, could people be against that person doing vigilante work at all, is the vigilante hated, does it grosses out the vigilante's fellow allies, does his/her allies forbid the vigilante from eating/killing people, etc?

I'm not asking those questions so they can be answered, it's more like questions that should be asked whenever creating such a character and my point is that it's a lot of diversification. A vigilante pred could face a lot of hate and stop preventing crime, or they could be more hardcore like the Punisher. Both are good, it just depends on preferences ^^
Kitsouille
???

Postby Birichino » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:26 pm

Yeah, plenty of angles for vigilantes, both in how they're percieved and how others think of them. Sliding scale of Punisher to Superman, really, despite there being two axes. In between are things like mercenaries, virtuous vampires who NEED to kill anyway, and every flavor of Batman.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby Devourerita » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:16 am

Since a few of Kitsouille question were interesting I chose to answer some of them:

if someone had the power to swallow/digest/absorb/store inside a whole human being, and that person wanted to fight crime, would they be ok with themselves if they actually ate other human beings, would they gross themselves out, would they limit themselves to eating inorganic materials, would they eat but spit out humans, would they digest humans, etc?

I'm pretty sure that if someone had the power of voring people and had enough morality to think that eating criminals are ok, but not enough to feel guilty, they might as well do it. You could play with his motivation or why he can eat people too: he could be a one-off mutation or his entire species necessitate to do it, or maybe he does it for fun or sport, or because he likes the taste, or he is fascinated by heroes and wants to be one too and he's just using what powers he has at his disposal

How would people react to a hero being able to do this, is this a hero at all, could people be against that person doing vigilante work at all, is the vigilante hated, does it grosses out the vigilante's fellow allies, does his/her allies forbid the vigilante from eating/killing people, etc?

It would depend on how the hero does it if he's discrete and tries to tell people why he's eating him and to look away if they don't want to see the guy getting eaten, or if he just appears in a street full of people and just eats random persons, or if he swallows his preys whole or in pieces. As far as his allies, as the word implies, they should support him, or at least tolerate him, especially if he needs to eat living beings, maybe less if he does so for the taste or because he can, but at least they should be happy about the fact that he's an ally and not an enemy.
As far as public opinion does, it would be the usual spectrum going from "That thing is disgusting, we should kill him quickly" to "I want to be eaten by him but I don't want to be a criminal, what can I do?"
My vore code
An eldritch abomination that fused with a human a long time ago.
Male pred only
Devourerita
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kitsouille » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:20 pm

Yeah, it makes a lot of things vary. If you look at the Spiderman trilogy, there are people that says he's gross because he's a spider and bugs are gross, and they probably never met him or seen him in action, just photos and reports in the Daily Bugle. Jameson mention wearing a mask is being a criminal. Depending of how realistically create your world/story and your pred, anything can be interesting and add depth.

By ally, I meant more like if you're part of a group like the Avengers, X-Men or the Justice League, they're on your side but not necessarily agreeing to 100% of your actions, they have disagreements and they have different codes of ethic and morality. I can imagine Batman would be against vore because killing people is bad, but would be ok if you used your prehensile tongue or ate non-living things. Charles Xavier would probably say you have to control your gift and use it for good, because being an evil mutant isn't helping the cause of mutants being accepted and perceived as fellow human beings, etc.

So allying yourself with others could make you stronger as a team, but if you're demanded to limit your powers, you would be weakened in a way, if you agreed to comply.

As I said there's no wrong answers but so much depths and different possibilities. It's so interesting.
Kitsouille
???

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion