Am I Alone In Feeling Like This?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Am I Alone In Feeling Like This?

Postby Base54 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:18 pm

First of all, I'm not here to request you guys read my shit and fave it or some shit like that, but just want to talk about something that's been floating around my head for sometime.

So, to preface this, I have only been writing a couple of vore stories for a while, and while my skills at writing vore has gotten a lot better by my own judgements. However, no matter how many times I write, vore, I feel like my vore scenes aren't all that long, descriptive, or enjoyable enough for the readers. I mean, I enjoy them because they're my products, but I can't shake this feeling that my vore scenes are too short. This feeling is then proven at least a bit wrong when I read other peoples' vore stories and find out their vore scenes are just as long, if not a bit shorter or longer, than mine and everybody loves them. But no matter how many times I reassure myself that the vore scene is at the length it needs to be, the feeling will come back stronger than ever the next time I write a vore scene. So, does anybody else have this feeling or is it just me?
Base54
Been posting for a bit

Re: Am I Alone In Feeling Like This?

Postby gullvy » Mon May 27, 2019 4:25 pm

I've felt much the same when writing stories.

Sometimes, something that can prolong a vore scene is if complications happen underway; by virtue of the prey actually (partially) succeeding in their struggles or outside interference, or even just the pred toying with them. But otherwise, there is really only so much description that can be put into someone swallowing someone else. There's also the risk of drawing a scene out too long and making readers lose focus.
gullvy
Somewhat familiar

Postby midnightisle » Mon May 27, 2019 4:44 pm

Base54 wrote:However, no matter how many times I write, vore, I feel like my vore scenes aren't all that long, descriptive, or enjoyable enough for the readers. I mean, I enjoy them because they're my products, but I can't shake this feeling that my vore scenes are too short. This feeling is then proven at least a bit wrong when I read other peoples' vore stories and find out their vore scenes are just as long, if not a bit shorter or longer, than mine and everybody loves them.

I think it's important to address the source of your worries here. You said that you're afraid that your writing isn't good enough for your audience. But how do you know what your readers want? When you write a story, prioritize your own desires instead of trying to appeal to an imaginary audience. Your stories will be better if you write them the way that YOU want to. Trust me, there will be at least one person who likes your stories just the way they are.

Maybe you could practice writing longer vore scenes and see if writing in that style appeals to you. The more you practice, the more confident you'll feel about your work, and hopefully you'll feel less worried about what others think.
midnightisle
Been posting for a bit

Postby VoraciousSincerity » Mon May 27, 2019 4:46 pm

Yep, I get that way too. I find it helps if I take time to sleep on it and try my best to look at what I've written from another angle ("How else can I describe this? What else could possibly be occurring between the pred and prey? Should I add their thoughts and reactions? etc.).
VoraciousSincerity
Been posting for a bit

Postby Peptidase » Mon May 27, 2019 5:13 pm

Yeah. Even with the damn near novel length stories I've taken to writing I feel like it can be hard to draw out the actual descriptive scenes.

Also keep in mind that there is definitely an audience for short and sweet stories. If you can execute something well in a few short paragraphs, it's better to do that then to pad it out. not everything needs to be Vore and Peace.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby Jayezox » Tue May 28, 2019 12:19 am

Vore scenes in stories are too short on average in my opinion. They tend to only be the last couple of paragraphs or shorter. If you want to make them longer try imagining all the details on the internals and write those details. That kind of stuff is my favorite part in vore writing.
Jayezox
---

Postby cranberryknights1 » Tue May 28, 2019 6:47 am

I think a good way to lengthen the vore moments in stories I would like to see more of is more dialogue from both the pred and prey both during it and after the prey has been swallowed. Especially characters who have unique accents,ways of speaking and lingo that only they would use to make the dialogue more creative or original. For example if the pred is a video game character there dialogue can be recognizable and familiar to fans but also let the fan get to hear how they would react and what they would say in a scenario that they have never seen them in before such as swallowing someone whole.
cranberryknights1
Participator

Postby Proxima » Tue May 28, 2019 10:54 pm

I think there's only so much to say about "And then Jane swallowed Jenny".

Personally I like the feelings and context before and after. Does anyone know that the predator is a predator? Does the prey have a friend who worries about them? Does anyone investigate the predator, or do they get away scot-free, with the prey's fate known to nobody else? How long does it take them to digest the prey? Is there an unaware third party having coffee with the predator while the prey slips deeper into her intestines? Does the predator have a friend who's aware of their predation? Or in denial?

How does the predator feel before eating someone? Hunger at first sight? Acquired taste? Wanting to steal them from someone else's jaws? What about after? Satisfied? Disgusted with themselves? Shameful? Aroused? Powerful? Only wanting more and more, as much as possible?

Maybe it's okay for the swallowing to be a turning point in the story, but not be the whole story by itself.
Where so ever two or three are gathered in my stomach, I am also there.
Proxima
New to the forum

Postby nutritious » Wed May 29, 2019 6:02 pm

I think a way to go is to create something that is the youest you version of what you want to say. Try to say what you want to say in a form that satisfies you the most. Remember most of the stuff that you got excited was already discovered by some random dude. So my advice is:
Keep it real :)
nutritious
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion