Vore turnoffs

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Vore turnoffs

Postby Ghrelin » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:51 am

Excluding things related to the sex or species, as it says in the OP, here are some things that would "ruin" a scene I might otherwise like.

Content-wise:
-Scat, watersports, excessive farting, etc. I just find them gross and prefer not to see them, particularly scat.
-"ABC" food. I don't mind (and even enjoy) internals showing digested remains of prey, but mushed up normal food grosses me out for some reason. Not as much as previously mentioned bodily functions, but if there's a lot of focus on it, I'll lose interest.
-Casual fatal vore. With reasoning like "the pred was hungry" or as punishment for something small, etc. Things don't always have to be "fair" for me to enjoy them, but if the pred isn't portrayed as a villain, animal, or monster that shouldn't be held to normal moral standards, it can be really off-putting for me to see that kind of behavior even in fantasy.
-Torture. I'm fine with things being brutal or mean-spirited, but I have my limits with cruelty, even in violent and fatal scenes. Permanent entrapment is a big no-no for me for this reason.
-Focus on weight gain. Whether it's just fat gain or muscle gain or directed to certain body parts, weight gain just ain't my thing. I'm OK with it happening gradually to an extent, but I don't like it being a major focus.
-Focus on male genitals/sexualizing male characters. Simple enough: I'm just not into dudes that way.
-Misandry/similar themes. I don't mind F/M stuff, but I can't get into it when "woman dominating man" is more of a focus than just someone getting eaten.
-Non-oral vore types. There are a few exceptions that are mostly situational, but generally speaking, I'm only into oral. At best, other stuff just doesn't interest me "in that way"; at worst, some stuff can make me really uncomfortable, with breast vore being at the top of that list.

Art-wise:
-Bulges that don't make sense to me. Whether the size or shape don't correspond to the prey, or bulges are so tight you can see facial features (as if the pred has no fat or muscle between their skin and the prey), or if there's an abnormal amount of empty space making the stomach like an inflated balloon, etc.
-Lack of facial detail. It's the main reason I don't tend to like anime-style art: the amount of detail in the face is lacking, especially in comparison to everything else in the image. I don't mind cartoony styles, but lack of a proportionate nose, mouth/lips, etc on a human face will cause me to lose interest regardless of how good the body looks.
-Dialogue adding things I'm not interested in. Even if I like the image itself and it doesn't visibly contain my turn-offs, the effect is ruined when the dialogue implies those things. I'm not into weight gain, but a lot of vore art has dialogue alluding to it ("You're gonna go right to my tits!" is a popular one) and it has pretty much the same effect as actually showing it.
-Hairless crotches. This one is so common it's almost impossible to avoid, and if it's not a big focus in an image, I can usually ignore it, but I'm not a fan of the "bald below" look. Never have been, and it's a strong enough preference that it does affect my ability to enjoy a picture I might have been fine with otherwise.
-Nipple-less breasts. This seems to be a common artistic choice with furry/anthro characters (though I've seen it on human art a few times, too) and it just looks odd to me.
-Hyper. Proportions can be exaggerated to an extent, but once things go past a limit that seems believable to me (prey-filled bellies not included), I find it awkward to look at and distracting from whatever's going on in the image.
-Characters that look too young. Regardless of what age they're supposed to be, if they look like kids and are being sexualized in some way, I'm out.

There's probably a lot more that I haven't listed tbh but this isn't supposed to be my latest novel, so I'll leave it there. :Y
And as always, this is all my personal preferences and I couldn't care less what other people are into. If the stuff that's a huge turn-off to me is your biggest turn-on, good for you! I'm not putting anyone down over their preferences. We all have them, and they're different for everybody. No kink-shaming intended.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby whizbang18 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:03 am

Big turn-offs for me:

1. Underage: I'm sorry but this shit really makes me angry and it ruins the joy of vore subjects/artworks. Considering that anything that involves underaged characters is at legal odds in most jurisdictions, this kind of stuff comes off extremely creepy at best and at worst, comes off as condoning exploitation of underage children. The fictional-character counterpart 'Loli' gets a bit hairy though I personally find this just as big of a massive turn off for me. I hate this kind of shit and if I see it in a 'browsing tag', I skip it completely. Though I generally hate censorship, thank god Aryion removed a lot of material containing this. I scroll over every work until the tag list pops up, in order to make sure I don't click on any works that contain 'child' or 'underage' in the Tag Browsing section.

In addition, a few years ago, a classmate of mine was sentenced to prison for sexually assaulting a 15 year old girl who was intoxicated. So there's another reason 'underage' material on here makes me sick and angry. :x

2. Hard Vore: The idea of prey being chewed up, ripped apart, and lots of blood and gore is another turn off in terms of voreaphilia. I don't feel turned on at the thought of Lara Croft, or a model/actress being chomped on by T-Rex or ripped apart by a Great White Shark. If I want to see hard vore, I'll play "Dead Space", or watch "Jaws", "The Blob", and "Jurassic Park" if only for just the fun of the sheer violence. Anything that involves blood or injuries is a big turn off for me. I'll take soft vore anyday. I don't feel turned on at the thought of Lost Girl's Bo Dennis being blown up by artillery fire or a Lisa Cuddy falling 50 stories out a window into a fuel tank and being incinerated in a giant explosion.

3. Farting/Pooping: Um no. Now anal vore can be a turn on but adding fecal material or farting is also a huge turn off. I can feel turned on by anal vore artwork but if pooping or farting is involved (Freeing the prey or disposing of the remains), I'd rather it be implied and not shown.

4. Women/Females with giant penises: Uh, no thank you. Just doesn't do much for me. Much prefer breast/nipple vore as a female counterpart to male 'cockvore'.
whizbang18
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sitharc » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:31 pm

Hoo boy, where do I even start?... Before I do, however, let me remind you that these are just things that bother/annoy me, it's not a diss or insult towards you or your tastes if you enjoy them. I don't go out of my way to find people that like stuff I don't, let alone deciding to bully them over something so petty and trivial as tastes in this kink and art of it. Vore is a very fucked up fetish in its own right in general, we are among the few kinks (IMO, none of us get to, regardless of kink) that don't have business telling others 'You're a sick fuck, how can you like this?" As long as tasteful about it and show respect in kind, I'd easily be friends with someone who liked it other ways, as I have some vore fetish friends that don't like all the same aspects I do, and I don't shove it down their throat. If they know I'm getting or submitting something and show interest, I'll warn them if it contains a bit they don't enjoy so they know to skip/ignore it if they still look.

Anyways onto the list!
Lewd eating - Throat stuffed with a body, bound to choke soon, and the pred wastes time fondling, licking, admiring certain parts/areas of the prey. Yeah, just waste time when your air pipe is clogged by a squirming prey. Even if keep it brief, you don't need to always have to fondle a girl prey's breasts, lick a male prey's crotch, or paying extra attention to nibbling down on their behinds.

Sexualized vore - I'm fine with preds sometimes having the fetish themselves, but the most I like is when they just think about and feel a lil turned on. No masturbating before/during/after for the pred, especially with a gut like that! Even worse then the prey does it, digestion sucks and rather hurts, and one's life is kinda in danger, don't show me a prey that can somehow ignore that to get one last wank off before they die. I'll also add here, that I hate dicks being the focus of vore, always made to be erect and/or cumming, or always made to be huge. Even if covered, there doesn't always need to be this notable ample bulge there.

Fully willing prey - Just no, even if the prey is young/naive enough to not realize the threat till too late, they shouldn't be willing the whole time. Maybe at first, least if they are tricked into allowing it. Once inside it should turn unwilling, but I'd rather have the prey be unwilling from the start once they realize what the pred is trying to do.

Zero effort preds - I will not be a 3rd party character just to do all the work to find/lure prey to the pred and then made to feed them to her. Preds should be doing the hunting, stalking, luring, planning. Or at least some to most of it...

Panty belching - This is a more recent trope in terms of the years I've been here, but never liked this. A part of lewd eating too I guess, but when they always manage to bring up just the panties of their victim as a keepsake trophy and on top of that, it's only slightly wet, not destroyed at all by acids or discolored.

Abusing revival/reforming - Yes, the person you killed came back, and they should be terrified to death of you now, or at the very least not trust you anymore. They shouldn't want to be eaten again already if at all, let alone again and again and again. From a story or RP standpoint it bugs me even more, as it just screams "I never want it to end, I want it to keep going and going".

Belly entrapment - No offense to a certain guy I know that likes this, but I can't wrap my head around this to enjoy it. Keeping someone inside you forever and expecting them to enjoy it and never get bored or anything bothers me. Among other things about, but if you ask me... this is fate even worse than a painful digestion would be. Least that ends at some point. I always imagine digestion still eventually happening, or via full tour or magic, they get out. Likely needing therapy. Even more so when it's unbirth, if I have lil to nothing to do in my position but squirm a lil, blush, or sleep... it's going to get boring and old rather quickly... especially when little to no time skips are imployed.

Fast/instant weight loss - I'm fine with a fattened pred losing that weight, but she needs to show the time and effort to get back down (exercising, fasting, and/or surgery). Don't tell me you like same size vore, claim to like big bellies, then suddenly can't deal with a wee bit of fat. I'm not expecting you to like a pred who's morbidly obese, as I have some issues with those too at times, like... should be harder for her to move and chase down prey at that size, let alone the risk of health issues the fatter she becomes.

Striking too often/being too reckless - I like it when a pred gets away with it, but can it make sense? The rate and ways a lot of preds strike, they should've been caught and arrested if not shot and killed by now. Take time to let the heat die down before the pred strikes again.

3rd party people never giving a fuck - Sometimes it can work, but it bothers me when other characters find out what's been happening and they aren't even low-key terrified in their own mindset.
I am fine tho with them somehow not seeing the signs that should be obvious as to what the pred did and just staring awkwardly at them or even trying to avoid staring/contact. It's WHEN they are aware and do NOTHING and NEVER care/respond is what gets me.

In tangent to above... not every person that catches/finds the pred out is going to mysteriously be a vore fetishist too, previously or somehow sudden, let alone one that's also okay with it having been done for real and that someone is being murdered in there.

Preds not being arrested/punished - Only seen this a few times, and as said, I like it and prefer it that preds get away with it, but they need to show they are able to do so and not get caught. However, IF a pred IS arrested/found out, can we please start seeing more where the pred gets treated like the monster they actually are/were? In relation to this... no bullshit deals in prison where they get to eat other problem prisoners for better treatment/earlier release.

Godmodding preds - Stomach and other body areas are not controllable by their owner, it's going to be the same hell regardless of the prey's age, species, gender, etc. Any other aspects too that aren't normally within one's control shouldn't suddenly be in control just because want to change everything willy nilly to suit your needs. Even worse when those needs change throughout a story or RP and keep changing shit. Giantess godmodding is even worse, just because you are tall, doesn't mean you are immune to anything thrown/shot at you. Makes it no fun for your partner to even try fighting back if it's never going to do anything. At times the giantess should be killed for attacking a city, or eating too many cars or whatever and getting poisoning of some kind.

Fetish Casual Worlds/Ultra common vore - Ruins the magic a bit for me when every other girl and her grandma can do it, when you can take any 10 women at random, and at least one has a vore belly at that time with at least half to most having eaten at least one or more before. And no one bats an eye. I'm also tired of entire schools and what not that center around vore and act like it's normal or acceptable. Even worse when there's revival/reforming to it all, when they can just casually eat each other and shrug it off knowing the victim will be back the next day.

Picky eater preds - I massively like F/M scenarios, but for goodness sake, have some F/F now and then (and same with male preds for those that like them, I don't like male preds myself). Or eat animals sometimes instead of just humans or whatever. I love it when a pred has variety in their prey, not just the same exact type and nothing else.

Forcing F/F scenarios into being lesbians - Don't get me wrong, some Yuri is nice, but my issue here is when just because the characters involved are the same gender, doesn't mean they need to get sexual with each other. Same could be said I'm sure for some M/M scenarios, or even straight ones. Pred and prey don't always have to be into each other, let alone get sexual. This is a reason why I'm so iffy about ever roleplaying an F/F scenario, cause I worry my partner will try to force our characters into a relationship. I'd be more willing to if that would be avoided. If want it that badly, then discuss it with your partner first and make sure they are okay with it.

Improper belly sizes - Don't tell me she ate someone her own size, even if it was a small child, and her gut is only just the size of your average pregnant woman. Likewise... don't tell me there's however many in there, when it clearly looks like far less are in there... or that once inside, the prey all shrank somewhat to fit in there.

Lack of mobility issues and indigestion/digestion issues with preds - Having a huge wobbly gut that randomly thrashes, sometimes violently, would make it rather hard to even get and stay up, let alone waddle around. Get knocked over, almost lose balance, knock into things, have the gut knock stuff over off of tables. As for gut issues, that's a lot of mass to process, there's going to be issues. Especially later on when bones try to travel through the rest of the tract, that'd fricking hurt to have bones suddenly rub and prod into your small intestines.

Overly reckless preds - I like preds to be gluttonous at times, but once it heads into recklessness where there's no doubt they'd get caught and found out? I start to lose enjoyment.

Mass vore (done certain ways)- Part of godmodding too here, somehow still moving or able to reach around despite belly size/overall girth and grab/stuff people in, but in general, being so full, act like it's no big deal, or worse... somehow STILL hungry.

Worse of all with the above is after she digests all that, she's either barely fat or not at all. At least have her be a fat blob for a bit first and have her slim back down. It's such a buzzkill for me to see a gut with 20+ people in it and she isn't even fat after. No point in digesting people, let alone that matter, if the pred gets nothing from it in terms of enhancements to her frame.

Digestion being completely painless (boring, just sitting there as slowly simmer with nothing to do?) or worse.. made/godmodded to be pleasurable. It's bloody acid, it's gonna hurt like hell.

Breast only weight gain - I'm okay if it's giantess vore and in few other cases, but my issue here is that in most cases, the amount the breasts grow don't make sense at all for the one or more people eaten same size... in my head even a flat chested girl would get huge supermodel to even anime tiddy level boobage from eating a child, let alone eating her boyfriend or rival.

Love envy/pairing war/fangirl logic vore - Just no... murder is not the answer to getting her crush. I like it when it's stealthy/cunning and the pred tries to eat/get fatter in this way, but once she brags about it or her senpai finds out? He should be running for the hills if not trying to kill her. I like it a bit more if it's done in another way, where she eats her crush or his girlfriend and makes the other listen/love her as digests them, if not eating them both and reuniting them. Or she goes Yandere and just eats him in the 'if I cant marry him, no one can' logic, that's fine too.

^ Just don't have her commit such heinous deeds and her crush is aware to any extent and goes along with her now and loves/marries her, acting like it's no big deal other friends/crushes/classmates of his/theirs DIED. If she's crazy enough to eat 'threats', she'd be able to eat her 'lover' for even less.

Swallowing experts - Show some damn effort/struggling ingesting prey own size and in some size ratios with giantess too for goodness sake. I don't care how 'experienced' the pred is, swallowing someone whole and alive isn't going to be easy.

Parents/teachers using vore as punishment (case to case here) - I love parent/teacher preds, but come on... be fair. Don't eat one of your kids for fighting/not sharing, then letting the other lay around scot-free, especially when if you do this and there's a CLEAR gender bias. Son/little brothers always getting fucking eaten, yet his big sister never gets the same punishment? Or when teachers use vore as a punishment, and mainly when it's clearly done in front of class or that class is aware of what she's done and they act like it's somehow normal and not fucked up.

Worst is when they don't eat their kid or disown them when finding out they ate their sibling or whoever.

(I like it in cases where someone has to makeup an exam or something in biology, and she gives student a crash course with actual digestion.)
If it was done in a more non vore common world setup, I might enjoy it more.

Parents who eat their kids JUST to go back to being party animals. - Especially mom characters that do this... when you know full well she'll just get herself knocked up again, and likely repeat the process years later, once she again has kids that are past that small and cute stage and cares more about her own free time that her children growing up and prospering. Just as bad when a parent betrays the other and has a babysitter or whoever they hire to eat them along with the other kids. Regardless if the said babysitter is who the remaining parent runs off with or not.

Bully victims being okay with their bullies getting killed - What it basically says... being bullied sucks I'm aware, but really? A victim of suffering turns to be just as bad if not worse than their oppressors? I'd rather see someone think they are helping/saving the prey, then bully victim freaks out once realizes what they've done. I still might enjoy it in rare cases, but most of the time it bothers me a bit.
Flipside, when bullies get to eat nerds or whoever, and either everyone notices/knows and doesn't care, or don't figure it out while she's gloating to herself or even her friends about it.
I like bully preds at times, but rather it goes differently.

External/Internal shots not lining up - As in, if you get a picture that shows how prey is struggling against the tummy and making imprints... the internal needs to reflect that, not having the prey in completely different positions.

Lack of weigh ins - This is for those that show/like weight gain, but forget to actually have the pred weighing themselves during and more so after digesting their prey.

Flat numbers - When everything timewise is exactly hours or other precise intervals of time, never a random variation or partial in between certain values. Or weight wise, when everything starts and ends in a 5 or a 0, or when there's never a decimal amount of weight. This is more of a lazy writing pet peeve than anything.

Instantly hungry again/all people diet - Have limits, doesn't make the character or story compelling when she can just eat whoever she wants, when she wants.
Or even just in general terms... don't give me that nonsense where a pred eats someone, digests them way too fast and well that they maybe poop and/or are already ready to eat another someone for their next meal that very same day. Eat some animals too and/or at LEAST some damn normal food too, don't JUST purely eat other people.

Population sinks - Or moreso the lack of mentioning/dealing with these. Regardless if it was somehow quick or over a long period of time, a pred striking multiple times would result in an apartment complex, section of town, or whatever to become vacant. Maybe even making it hard to get new people to move into that area or even the town/city itself as a whole.

No kids city - When a giantess rampages through a city or what have you and refuses to acknowledge or admit that she likely caused certain victim types to die too, or at least made them homeless and/or orphans. It doesn't have to focus on that mind you, but knock it off claiming loving to be evil and cruel, loving all the destruction and all that... yet suddenly can't deal with certain other factors that'd come up in such a scenario. Also don't tell me that said giantess somehow knew whether or not all her victims were married and/or had kids somewhere and only killed the ones that didn't have kids and ones that were always single/unmarried, even if their kids were grown up, it'd still suck. After such events, those kids might be even more messed up being kept alive, traumatized and needing all sorts of therapy to deal with the fact some giant woman came along, wrecked the city, demolished their school, nearly crushed them, or eating random innocent adults within their eyesight.. or even just them knowing/hearing about it after and learning how terrible the giant woman was.

Lack of parental victim freakouts/Blank has gone 'missing'/etc. - Doesn't matter the prey's age here, they still likely have a mother somewhere who will be worried sick about them missing, and horrified if she knew what really happened. Show me that they notice someone they care about is gone and that it upsets them. When done right, yes, then can show them naively believe their kid is out there somewhere, or least hoping they are and being all safe and happy. Clueless that they are in fact... rather dead.

Said it before, but abusing revival/dragonballs in general - For DB/Z settings, I'm tired of preds justifying their actions cause 'hurr durr, we can use the dragonballs to wish them back'. You do realize the dragonballs have rules and limits right? Also that certain characters would be really selfish and reckless if they did this and used up Trunks and/or Gotens 'one time revival' via Shenron just for their urge to cook and eat their children. After that, if next big bad comes in and a mass killing happens, you now have to pick between reviving all those innocent people, or just one or both of those kids. Porunga isn't always gonna be available, and I doubt the nameks would be pleased if they found out why they are being asked to summon their dragon, especially if a second or third time being asked to revive the same person. Even if were revived, less you added memory loss to the wish too or something, they likely won't be thrilled with their mothers anymore. Not to mention any Z fighters remaining on Earth at the time they were eaten should've sensed their suffering and death via power level waning and disappearing. I love fanfic/fandom vore stuff, but if there's an aspect of the lore that should follow, I'd prefer if stay true to it whenever possible.

Some others I'm sure as well, but that's enough for now. Again, these are just my opinions, there's no reason or excuse to start hassling me just because one happens to disagree with me. If you enjoy your vore and what not in ways I listed to have bugged me? Guess what? More power to ya and fap to it all ya want.
Sitharc
---

Postby TimberWolf25 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:48 am

This one is more popularity centered than kink centered.

One thing that has been bothering me more often as time goes by, it's seeing certain characters/species as prey. Usually it's my favorites that I rather prefer seeing as preds.
There's specific ones I'm sick of seeing as prey. Over and over, it happens often, so frequently that it's beginning to turn me off.

Eeveelutions prey, biggest offender. Seeing them as such so often I've given up most hope I'll see them as pred. Only a very few I've seen regularly try to make them as pred or at least try to.
Braixen, meowstic, zoroark, and meinshao to name a few others.
*Exceptions if I like the pred, but my point usually stands.*
Just because they're cute doesn't mean they have to be prey all the time.

I'm probably going to get lots of disagreements but you have to consider. Things get really saturated, and eventually can even be seen as stereotypical. The moment I see one of my above favorites in a story or mentioned in tags, I have a pretty good idea who's going to be prey, accurately 90% of the time. I don't have too many dislike aside from the common, but you get the point.
TimberWolf25
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion