A question of terminology

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

A question of terminology

Postby calldahotline » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:43 am

So there is something I've been wanting to talk about with people when looking for roleplay but I don't want to write out the same thing every time. The thing that I've started enjoying is: a prey being adapted/absorbed/fused with a predator's body and being included as something like an organ or food source without the prey actually being digested. This usually involves tentacle penetration in numerous orifices, flesh molding around the prey to hold them in place, and sometimes the flesh fusing together with the prey. This is a good example of what I'm talking about.

http://108.46.39.248:9000/h/9271c053d34 ... 6_0027.jpg

I've heard the term 'endosymbiosis' used in reference to this, but I have no idea how many people have even heard that before. Is there another term for this that I have yet to hear or some niece part of the community that really likes this sort of thing?
calldahotline
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: A question of terminology

Postby Artemis » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:58 am

There really just isn't a term to describe exactly what you're describing, though endosymbiosis is at least vaguely "close".

If I were you, I would refer to it as "Endosymbiosis" and then specify the exact nature of endosymbiosis you enjoy. "Tentacle Penetration, Imprisonment, Non-Lethal Digestion, Perpetual Digestion"

Sometimes you simply have to use more than one word to describe a specific fantasy, but with these, I think you can at least narrow it down to a very small series of words you can easily copy and paste, or list on a profile. You can refer to it as Endosymbiosis in casual conversation and then expand on that if someone like, actually shows interest and wants to know more. Y'know what I mean?
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby calldahotline » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:17 am

That's probably the best course of action.
calldahotline
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby doomfister » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:20 pm

its just assimilation, nothing much more to it at its core, the host is enveloped/ingested, and the eater is a parasite or paracitoid (if it digests the prey after a time).

its not symbiosis in those cases, as the prey doesn't benefit, it has been devoured and is being used as a host for some other purpose. making it strictly one-sided in terms of the relationship, so it is parasitism, unlike the net benefit required for symbiosis. mitochondria or coral being a good example of symbiotic relationships in this vein.

if it is mutually beneficial assimilation it would be called a Symbiogenesis, and it is where the enveloped organism becomes part of the larger, its assimilation but it is mutually beneficial. it's basically how the plasmids and mitochondria in cells work. endosymbiosis is a particular term but i wouldn't call it correct as it refers to a simpler organism or organism being taken into a more complex one, so it gains protection for some benefit, be it immune system or digestive capabilities.
doomfister
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion