Hypothetical: Crisis of Morality verses Creation

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Hypothetical: Crisis of Morality verses Creation

Postby Unfortunate » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:22 pm

You are you. Not a stand in, nor an avatar: You are your own flesh and blood self, and fully mortal. Your life is precious, do not throw it away carelessly.
You will be -A-.

There is a predator. It is your OC: The main one you are currently using. Your favorite one. They outright exist in this scenario; you can touch them, and they can touch you. There is an upper limit on power levels; They are not immortal, but they can be a considerable force.
They will be -B-.
If you do not have a predator character, then create one; who would be your ideal predator?
And do note: The way they generally hunt will be the method they'll use here. If they're a rampage type then they'll go all in. If they're more sneaky or like to blend in, they'll do so.

Now that's out of the way...

You awaken in a room. The room is sparse, and metal clad. You awaken next to a note, and before you is a loaded dart gun in a locked case, a pair of radios in a locked case and a pair of buttons. The note says:

Greetings -A-. We have never met, but I mean you no harm.

You are currently in a small, hidden bunker located in the city of -NAME REDACTED-. It's a lush city surrounded by nothing but barren wasteland for miles.
You are not alone. Your friend, -B-, has also been brought here. How? It was no simple feat, let's leave it at that. They are outside. They know who you are. They are disoriented, and panicking. They may already be in danger. They have no friends here...
Unless you wish to help them.
The only person -B- knows is you: This city has an armed defense force. The force is being led by -D-, a relentless individual who will stop at nothing to see -B- face down in a pool of their own blood. -D- will even go as far as to hurt you to see the job done. But only if you take -B-'s side...

Before you should be a gun. It is loaded with 3 darts; each contains a harmful substance that will weaken -B-, if you shoot them with all 3 they will die. The case will only unlock if you press the red button: You will send a message to -D-, pledging your allegiance. -B- will have no idea that you're an enemy, but will also have no proof that you're on their side either... If you think they're sociable enough to approach, you may do so; then you can get close to and betray them. If not, then devise an ambush or confront them directly. Could you really pull the trigger on your own creation though?

The blue button will send a message to -B- directly. They will come and find you, and you will be their only friend: This ensures that -B- will not hurt you. -D- will not at first be aware of who you are, but as soon as they do you'd better watch out. You'll likely have to get your hands dirty if you wish to survive, and you'll have to ensure your friend survives too. You will be allowed to take these unique radios; they function over great distances and cannot be intercepted. You can be their eyes and ears, or actively by their side if needs be... The choice is yours.

-B- and -D- both have ways of ensuring your safe journey back home, but you'll have to entrust your life in them. -D- will arrange a for a helicopter once -B- is dead. -B- will accompany you outside the city into the wasteland; they have multiple caches of supplies along the road to ensure you both make it through alive. You may have to kill -D- in order to guarantee you'll not be pursued though.
Red does not guarantee an easy victory, and neither does blue. What will you choose? Will you assist your creation, at the expense of these strangers. Or will you aid the city, at the cost of something you gave life to?

That's the scenario! Feel free to give context on your character: Hearing how their characterization effects your decision is a major reason why I made this post: Who's side would you pick? The city or your OC? Do you love you character enough to put yourself in danger, or is letting them live an evil action? Do you even care what happens to the city and it's people?
I won't judge, whatever your reasoning is. :wink:

For clarity:
If -B- usually blends in and acts natural in a crowd, without having to outright resort to avoiding being seen, then this would be taken into account. -D- would take a more... inquisitorial approach to hunting them down. If -B- is very direct in their methods, then -D-'s henchmen will find them faster.

Your predator's species will also be taken into account. If -B-'s a fur and needs to blend in; then both general furry and human people will appear in the city. If they're a 50 foot tall furry, they'll not be able to blend in though.

The amount of force -D- will use is entirely proportional to -B-'s level of destruction and carnage committed. If they're massive and wreck everything, -D- will amp up the brutality. If -B- is surgical about the way they go about their business, -D- will be less intense in tracking them. There will always be a hostile presence hunting -B- though, so the waiting game is not an option.

The general rule for failure is thus: If you die, you fail. If you side with -B- and they die, you fail. Inaction will inevitably end in failure for you eventually.

If you side with -D-, they will always meet -B- on an equal playing field. You'll have to act to ensure victory, as -B- will eventually gain the upperhand or there'll be a neverending stalemate.
Your friendly neighbourhood bad artist.
Unfortunate
Participator

Re: Hypothetical: Crisis of Morality verses Creation

Postby Apex » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:09 am

While I am ill-equipped to answer the prompt with a specific example, I believe I can offer some insight into my thought processes on the general matter, which seems to be the main item of interest here.

Pinning down the idea of my ideal predator is where I have the most trouble, though perhaps that is only in relation to this prompt. Just to give some vague baseline, she would almost certainly be feminine, but would also likely be a shapeshifter of some variety. Considering most fetish based OCs are ultimately given form to satisfy the sexual desires of the creator (which I suppose is just my personal opinion but will definitely color my answer), giving her that power makes the most sense thanks to my varied... interests. There would likely be limits based on how much mass she had consumed or something, so size shifting would be heavily constrained, though I don't think that really matters too much in the context of this prompt. Continuing, she would probably not be a gluttonous monster, mostly because if my dream girl came to life I'd rather stay alive and by her side rather than, you know, dying. So that leaves -B- as someone with the ability to consume others whole, but not the need and not even necessarily the desire, barring willing prey. Even then, it would be arguable if she would digest them even if they wanted her to. That generally leaves -D- in the unenviable position of villainous dickbag and though the people under his command are likely just "following orders," that leaves them as villainous dickbags, too. In this case, I choose -B-. Of course, I feel as if that removes most of the interesting moral bits from the scenario given that -D- wants a relatively innocent person dead.

So what if my OC has the ability, need, and overwhelming desire to consume and digest hapless civilians? Well, as little as I generally like people, I frown upon killing them for fun. So on the off chance my OC is a voracious, sociopathic serial killer, I suppose I would have to side with -D-.

But what if she has the ability and the need, but not the desire? Things get interesting when you're left with a being whose survival instincts drive them to devour humans even if they don't want to kill. They obviously don't want to die, and if that's simply the result of their anatomy, I don't necessarily want them to die either. They can't help it, and all that. But then, should countless people be sacrificed to them simply because fate dealt them a cruel hand? Ordinarily, I might say no... But perhaps since she is my creation, my ideal, and because she has powers beyond a mere mortal, I think we could make it work. There are, in my opinion, people worth less than others. Drug dealers, thieves, murderers (the irony is not lost on me). Maybe they'd be better off satiating my OC's hunger? I won't pretend this compromise makes me a good person. In fact, it probably makes me a bad person. But assuming my OC wants to be a good person, then as far as I'm concerned, why should a good person with a shitty biological need be worth less than someone that chooses to be a bad person? I realize there are holes in that reasoning as well, but at some point, you just have to make a choice. And in this regard, I choose -B-.
Apex
Been posting for a bit

Re: Hypothetical: Crisis of Morality verses Creation

Postby Siuddithsi » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:01 am

Unfortunate wrote:...There is a predator. It is your OC: The main one you are currently using....They will be -B-...The way they generally hunt will be the method they'll use here.
a note, a loaded dart gun in a locked case, a pair of radios in a locked case and a pair of buttons. ...
This city has an armed defense force led by -D-
-gun is loaded with 3 darts; each contains a harmful substance that will weaken -B-, if you shoot them with all 3 they will die.
-The blue button will send a message to -B- directly. They will come and find you, and you will be their only friend:
-You will be allowed to take these unique radios; they function over great distances and cannot be intercepted. You can be their eyes and ears, or actively by their side if needs be... The choice is yours.

-B- and -D- both have ways of ensuring your safe journey back home, but you'll have to entrust your life in them. -D- will arrange a for a helicopter once -B- is dead. -B- will accompany you outside the city into the wasteland; they have multiple caches of supplies along the road to ensure you both make it through alive. You may have to kill -D- in order to guarantee you'll not be pursued though...
(edited to shorten it for convenience.

... Who's side would you pick? The city or your OC? Do you love you character enough to put yourself in danger, or is letting them live an evil action? Do you even care what happens to the city and it's people?...
For clarity:
If -B- usually blends in and acts natural in a crowd, without having to outright resort to avoiding being seen, then this would be taken into account. -D- would take a more... inquisitorial approach to hunting them down. If -B- is very direct in their methods, then -D-'s henchmen will find them faster.

Your predator's species will also be taken into account. If -B-'s a fur and needs to blend in; then both general furry and human people will appear in the city. If they're a 50 foot tall furry, they'll not be able to blend in though.

The amount of force -D- will use is entirely proportional to -B-'s level of destruction and carnage committed. If they're massive and wreck everything, -D- will amp up the brutality. If -B- is surgical about the way they go about their business, -D- will be less intense in tracking them. There will always be a hostile presence hunting -B- though, so the waiting game is not an option.

The general rule for failure is thus: If you die, you fail. If you side with -B- and they die, you fail. Inaction will inevitably end in failure for you eventually.

If you side with -D-, they will always meet -B- on an equal playing field. You'll have to act to ensure victory, as -B- will eventually gain the upperhand or there'll be a neverending stalemate.

I have several OC's that are my favorites. If they aren't immortal, that omits Cth'aaghn the Elder Goddess. The others are two insectoids and three D&D characters.
My only Pred who I'd consider evil isn't a favorite, but I'd help D against him.
My favorites help humans more often than harm, making D's actions similar to the X-Men's enemies who hate them because they're mutants, not because of evil acts.

The Insectoids are "The Lurker in Darkness" a unique shapeshifting insectoid as (or more) powerful than Spider-Man and his daughter Donnata, a wasp-woman. Their RP and story history details that The Lurker fused himself with insectoid DNA to fight an alien invasion and eventually learned to turn off his instincts to stop preying on humans (unless they're evil). Donnata has the form of a voluptuous woman with wasp wings and antennae who's stiletto heels are stingers. Both can pass for human with minimal disguise. Both would have the goal of escaping the city with minimal civilian casualties. But given their history, D and his agents, if not the entire city, would be likely to be aliens bent on vengeance if they're that obsessed with Killing the insectoids. In that case, no tears shed over casualties.

The D&D characters are Siuddithsi (druid), Alyasia (Thief/sorceress) and Rose (Assassin/Wizard). D could be with the "Inquisition", hunting them as "heretics" or a rival guild could hunt Rose. Siuddithsi and Aliasia would seek to escape, while Rose would attempt surgical strikes against D and his minions one side is wiped out. No regrets against the inquisition or a rival guild.
Siuddithsi
---

Return to General Vore Discussion