Observers

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Observers

Postby Bellyl0ver » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:51 am

I’ve noticed that there don’t seem to be a lot of observer type individuals when it comes to vore, mostly preds and prey. How many of you prefer to be the observer, ie watching the pred with their prey filled belly, the potential weight gain that comes after their meal, and doing things like rubbing their belly or playing with their fat?
Bellyl0ver
Somewhat familiar

Re: Observers

Postby Frednurk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:10 pm

I've always liked the idea of being the reluctant observer, bound to the pred in some way and continually finding them meals to satisfy their hunger... until the day I run out of people to feed them ;)
Frednurk
Somewhat familiar

Postby OppaiAngel » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:20 pm

My husband (also an Eka's member) is more of an observer. He likes the idea of watching Pred's feed or helping them acquire prey.
OppaiAngel#0304 on Discord.
OppaiAngel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tyslan03 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:32 pm

I prefer to be an observer. However, if you want to RP or create something, sometimes you just gotta roll up your sleeves and take a more active role.
Tyslan03
Participator

Postby Animagra » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:41 pm

I think I'm more sadistic. I used to watch videos of giant snakes killing and eating their prey when I was younger, just found it fascinating to watch. Nature at its finest, I guess. :D
Animagra
New to the forum

Postby Phorcyz19 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:36 pm

I like any role, TBH, and I'm definitely a fan of being pred or prey, but observer is probably my default role.
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby R_U_Snacksize » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:32 pm

Mostly observer with occasional times of helping either pred or prey.
R_U_Snacksize
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby AshLovehart » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:34 pm

I am 100% an observer. My favorite thing in art, stories, and RPs is for my character to be watching the pred fill his gut with tons of prey, and get to rub his belly full of prey during/after. I'm not into weight gain at all, so I very much love the idea of watching/rubbing a pred's belly while it digests prey and shrinks back until it is flat again
AshLovehart
Somewhat familiar

Postby ProfessorCat » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:59 pm

I always see myself as an observer with vore artwork, unless it's in a pov shot.
I prefer to be an observer, but it's a different story when it comes to RP. Gotta get in with the action. 8)
ProfessorCat
Been posting for a bit

Postby VoraciousPreyator » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:26 pm

While I'm more Prey myself, I wouldn't mind being an Observer either.
There needs to be more stories/art of Observers to!
Vore Code
Commissions Are: Open
Ideas Are: Always Welcome
Discord: Very Selectively Accepting
VoraciousPreyator
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ghrelin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:24 pm

I empathize with the pred role and that is what I will play in RP, as well as liking pred POV and m/f content for that reason, but I also make a fair amount of female pred content for the "eye candy". I'm not interested in playing an involved observer, but I can enjoy vore content that doesn't put me into the shoes of either character. So I guess that makes me at least a part-time observer?
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Humbug » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:30 pm

Yeah. Observers are so rare that I felt the need to designate my 'sona as a predator just so people would stop making comments about how they were going to eat me. Seems like people don't really understand that you can like vore without taking an active role in the eating/being eaten.
At my heart, I'm an observer, regardless of the change. If my character's involved at all, I much prefer it to be as a feeder or belly-rubber than doing anything vorish himself.
Humbug
---

Postby MaxTwenty » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:09 pm

I get the feeling observers are the type who don't seek to engage as much with vore as a person to person thing, so they'd probably be less visibly represented in a community. That or, yeah, people don't believe them or don't consider the possibility if it isn't spelled out. Personally I'd identify as observer, for instance, but I'm not sure of any context where stating that would come up outside of this exact instance or establishing boundaries where someone oversteps, etc.
MaxTwenty
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby janejobs » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:00 pm

I write most of my stories in third person, so I prefer to be an observer.
janejobs
Been posting for a bit

Postby GastricAztec » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:59 pm

I’m into macro/Micro vore, so I like the idea of an observer shrunk down to the size of the victims, then he interacts with the victims before they get swallowed by a beautiful woman, without him being in any danger.
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby SkeletonGoat » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:23 pm

Though I tend to take on the pred role, really I get more out of a scenario being an observer. It's why in a lot of my rps I play as feral animals but also take on a second role that is usually an observer to the events unfolding. (I like the accidental observer the best, you weren't planning on seeing somebody eaten by a snake today but you are anyway and you can't seem to look away. Then the fascination of rubbing that squirming belly.)
SkeletonGoat
Been posting for a bit

Postby cranberryknights1 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:16 pm

I'm mostly a observer in the sense that almost all my fantasies don't involve me directly but rather characters I like where one eats the other. In those fantasies I observe but it's not like I am actually there or able to interact with them. I just like to imagine it. Those type of fantasies are where the prey is unwilling but if I am the prey in a scenario its willing and the pred is pretty nice to me,knowing I like that sort of closeness with them.
cranberryknights1
Participator

Postby Rifykoh » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:03 am

I'm mainly an observer, tho people seem to only see preds or preys which kinda saddens me.
I mainly like interacting with the pred without any danger, mostly when the pred is close to my character.
I do tend to pred sometimes which makes people think I'm a pred lmao but yeah I strongly prefer being labeled as an observer. I really don't like being a prey tho, except with people I'm close to. :v

I feel like there need to be more observer content out there, which I try to contribute to with art sometimes
Rifykoh
New to the forum

Postby Apex » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:29 am

I definitely used to identify strictly as an observer when I first started getting into vore as a fetish. I feel like maybe everyone is an observer to some extent because, in the end, we're just looking at pictures or reading stories in which other entities are acting out our fetish. Since we're all observers, I think maybe the idea of dedicated observers gets lost in the maelstrom? That all being said, I understand people look at images or read stories and identify as and put themselves in the positions of the pred/prey. However, to do so, you must first perceive and process the media to go, "Yeah. That's nice. I wish I had/was in that belly." I dunno, it's just a theory.

But, yeah, over time I've sort of drifted more to an observer/prey state. Imagining myself as prey is relegated purely to safe vore, though. In relation to digestion and its aftermath, I would much, much rather just observe it than be a part of it.
Apex
Been posting for a bit

Postby jack27 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:06 am

I tend to switch. Sometimes I find the role more fun from an observer point of view. But often I do tend to put myself in the prey's place
jack27
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion