What Inspired Your Vore Character?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

What Inspired Your Vore Character?

Postby MrSasquatch » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:45 am

So just about all of us have one, right? A vore-sona? Is that the right word? Anyway, whether you're pred or prey, we all tend to stick to a particular character or two, and they're often one's we thought up for one reason or another. So I ask you, what inspired you to create the character you use in your vore roleplaying?

For me, I kind of consider myself a furry, as I have a fondness for anthropomorphic animals and such. Here's the thing. I couldn't, for the life of me, choose a species I wanted to play as. I thought about going as a dragon, but those are quite common in the furry community. Of course, foxes, wolves, huskies, and dogs in general were ruled out for the same reason. I didn't want to play as a cat, or bird, or otter, or anything of the sort. I honestly couldn't think of anything I wanted to play as, so I gave up. After a while, a thought occured to me. "Hey, why not just play as a giant furry beast?" It made sense, to be honest. If I couldn't pick a species, I would just make up some random creature, and so I did. I took inspiration from things such as the skunk-ape, or more commonly known as a sasquatch. Beast from the X-Men series was also thrown into the mix for creating my character, along with elements from various apes. After a bit of refining here and there, he was perfect. I haven't roleplayed as the character yet, and my artistic skills aren't the best so I have no real representation of him yet, but I try my best to describe him to give people the best picture possible. And, if people don't like my description, I allow people to perform a little "theater of the mind" and reimagine him to their liking. And, that's basically my character. He is pretty much pred only. I can't imagine something like a 12ft tall beast man exactly being prey.

As for my prey character, I couldn't really think of much, so I made a generic human. I guess I'm just not as interested in playing a prey, so I give the idea of making a defined character little thought.
MrSasquatch
New to the forum

Re: What Inspired Your Vore Character?

Postby cranberryknights1 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:29 am

I have not RP with anyone in a long time but back when I used to a lot I often used a girl human character who I came up with when imagining the traits I liked to make someone I felt was perfect prey material. Shes a extremely beautiful,rich socialite in her 20's from a fictional city much larger than New York city and much more advanced but similar in appearance. Shes incredibly ditsy,naive,innocent and kindhearted and I always liked RPing as her cause I liked the thought of seeing how characters interacted with her but despite her being so pure and friendly she still wound up in a number of different characters,more often than not going up there butt as the method of vore they used on her. Imagining certain characters eating someone like that or with those traits always was a turn on and it was fun to RP as her and be as cute and innocent as could be while different woman pred's treated her like a mid day snack for there bowels.
cranberryknights1
Participator

Postby Devourerita » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:49 am

My pred character was created by fusing different characteristics from various preds I like (Venom, the Thing, anthropomorphic dragons) creating what is the perfect pred for my preferences
My vore code
An eldritch abomination that fused with a human a long time ago.
Male pred only
Devourerita
Somewhat familiar

Postby AlimentaryArtist » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:40 am

Asenath wasn't originally a vore character, she's from a fantasy novel that I've been working on for awhile now, but I felt bad about how her story went and so I tried to give her an alternate universe version where she could pretty much do as she wants and have some fun. My other characters are similar, all from non-vore things I've done and just wanted to play around with. :D
AlimentaryArtist
Somewhat familiar

Postby Marco » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:56 am

My character was inspired by a cat in an advert from the 90s, which I was able to finally see again this decade. The cat in question was only used in this advert as far as I can tell (he isn't the mascot, the dog is.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnnTvgDXls8 (Note: this is the short version of the advert - the longer version, in which the cat has more screen time, is no longer online as far as I can see.)

Although the cat is not eaten in the advert (though, there is a quick animation that could imply the vacuum cleaner is now alive, as was basically "eating" what it sucked up, but it's likely just a visual gag) the way he was portrayed, and what happened to him made him seem like a prey to me, so I decided to base my prey on him, at least in looks. Yeah, the cat in the advert basically "looked like a prey" to me as well, so I could picture him being eaten by several characters.
Avatar done as gift by Aviannapper. Deeply appreciated.
Marco
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Tangentg » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:43 pm

My main character, Lurlina (who, although is a pred, doesn't match my personal preference as a prey, so i dunno if that makes her any less "vore-sona". She's also evil which I find attractive, which is far from my personality), actually came about from a dream I had, so you could say it was the result of my subconsciousness. That said, she's heavily inspired by Little Red Riding Hood as the character herself kinda alludes to the titular character through her attire. She's also a werewolf so some describe her as both the wolf and riding hood at the same time. This possibly came from a game I played (and enjoyed) where the ending shows Riding Hood as the wolf's daughter (which comes to think of it has been done several times). She was the first character who I really felt attached to.

Another character that I sorta mained (primarily before the vore stuff) was an Alice-based character, after the one from Wonderland. There was a game description I saw that said Alice has the ability to grow and shrink and I shared that with some other vorarephiles and one of them called Alice the "original giantess". So I decided to make an Alice character that is centered on size stuff, through food items which she could either eat, herself, to grow and shrink, or have others eat to grow and shrink them.
If you lick my clothes and think it's tasty then eat my clothes and spare me.
Tangentg
Been posting for a bit

Postby sweetladyamy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:07 pm

Hmmm...

Kinda sorta just came to be really.

I mean, I have OC's that I mainly use in my creative writing, but they're not based too much on anything else that is already established.

I mean, if my 'vore-sona' were based upon Doris Foodle from The Teacher From The Black Lagoon and were to the letter, I'd be a completely unwilling prey, but I'm not; I'm rather jealous of Doris...
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby MrGrimlock » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:24 pm

Not exactly solely inspired for vore-related stuff, but my main human guy RD was mostly made for, well... headcanoning a particular piece of fiction that's rarely ever touched in my books, to kind of explore a last-of-his-kind, thrown-into-an-entirely-new-enviornment-with-no-time-to-learn-about-it-or-adapt, what-happened-here-how-long-was-i-out-for sort of situation. But I do use him very often for RPs and such, as I find IRL/self-inserts to be rather... bleh.

Him being a switch, perfectly A-OK with him being either role, provided the other person can do the same, otherwise it gets impossibly boring. Though it does take some serious convincing or elbow grease to get him to be a pred initially, unless doing it (albeit reluctantly) on his own volition. Not interested in fatal with him or anyone else's character, though. A character can't do anything if they die for good too early, right? Temporary "deaths" with some manner of resurrection/reformation for plot reasons would be fine however, plus it'd have to make sense.

As either a pred or prey, he's most easily described as... kinda like a hermit crab in some regard? Once you get past that shy, lonesome and quiet exterior, he can be quite a kind and soft-hearted soul on the inside, despite typically getting treated like shit by others anyhow. Mainly lives a introverted lifestyle, save for his pet axolotl, Henry. Fat, pink swimming sausage with beady eyes and neck fluffies gotta keep his hooman company, y'know?
MrGrimlock
Somewhat familiar

Postby Noxyoursox » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:41 pm

Both of my characters have a degree of innocence that makes them a lot of fun for me--my naga is pretty much oblivious to people being anything other than food, while my catgirl is a bit mischievous and also afraid of getting caught (like a kid stealing candy, except the candy is YOU). I'm very subby in real life and I think that definitely impacts my characters' personalities as well, even if they are preds--for example, I like situations where my catgirl is being fed prey by a more dominant character.
Noxyoursox
Participator

Postby Siuddithsi » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:51 am

sweetladyamy wrote:Hmmm...

Kinda sorta just came to be really.

I mean, I have OC's that I mainly use in my creative writing, but they're not based too much on anything else that is already established.

I mean, if my 'vore-sona' were based upon Doris Foodle from The Teacher From The Black Lagoon and were to the letter, I'd be a completely unwilling prey, but I'm not; I'm rather jealous of Doris...

Doris is at about 2:30 in the film.
https://tubitv.com/movies/454623/the_te ... ack_lagoon
Siuddithsi
---

Postby Siuddithsi » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:05 am

As my Vore tastes (pun intended) changed, I made new characters, but they're usually based on something I like.

D&D? Yes, Siuddithsi the Devourer Druid uses vore and rebirth as the components of "Reincarnation", "Regeneration", "Ressurection" and "Healing" spells. Aliasia is a Tiefling sorceress who makes use of shrink spells to dispose of her enemies or have fun with friends. Rose is a Rogue who accidentally gained oral and anal vore ability and unbirth from drunken wishes, and cock vore (as a Futa) following a quest for an artifact that would allow her to impregnate her lovers.

Insects? Yes, that interest is reflected in my Insectoids, who range from the Lurker (Transformation vore into specific insectoids) to other insectoid "species" based on fusion of human/insect abilities. Donnata for example is a wasp woman. Narrow waist, stingers that look like 6" stiletto heels, ovipositor that impregnates if it ejects eggs into a womb but larvae hatch to devour the victim from the inside out. Like a wasp.

Lovecraft and Tentacle Hentai? Absolutely. Cth'aaghn is an elder goddess who can devour or impregnate.
Siuddithsi
---

Re: What Inspired Your OC Vore Character?

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:55 pm

Siuddithsi wrote:
sweetladyamy wrote:I mean, if my 'vore-sona' were based upon Doris Foodle from The Teacher From The Black Lagoon and were to the letter, I'd be a completely unwilling prey, but I'm not; I'm rather jealous of Doris...

Doris is at about 2:30 in the film.
https://tubitv.com/movies/454623/the_te ... ack_lagoon

Thanks much for sharing that, though they have this 'anti-adblocker' nonsense (nitpick but I refuse to not use it), and I already have it stored locally.

So, I decided to throw down another card, Alexis, one of my OCs. She is derived partially from Arani, the daughter of one of the Divine Twenty-Four, though Saruma (Arani's mother) is no longer the Governess of Emotion...

Arani was quite the eccentric, well-figured, sleazy, but loving and kind femme. She also was a hermaphrodite, in that she had both sets of genitalia. I have no way of knowing if Arani would of been into vore, or if she were, since all I know about her is from a text written by an avid fan and former lover of hers, which was quite an old text by the time I had gotten to read it myself. There are line drawings and quite vivid descriptions of her, and Alexis, takes on the majority of these descriptions, short of Arani's knee-length hair-Alexis' hair is about four inches past her shoulders, and Alexis has a lower octave range than how Arani is described-Soprano v. Alto.

The one thing about Alexis that matches Arani to a tee is Alexis' sex drive, and how both her and Arani love fucking other femmes.

Where can you find this text? I only know of one copy, and it is in the archives of the Academy I attend. Likely, it is the only copy. Also, this text is not solely about Arani, but more than half of it only talks about her.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby MidnightRose » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:04 pm

I'm a huge Fullmetal Alchemist fan and I've also always been into vampires, so I decided to make my vore-sona a homunculus/vampire hybrid. Inhuman, immortal and bewitchingly beautiful, like a thorny rose - hence my name. ;p
MidnightRose
Vampric Homunculus

Postby CuriousOne50 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:19 am

My character sort of just developed into the way she is.

Came up with their backstory, had something of a death wish to due an event in the life making them feel as if they shouldn't be alive. They eventually overcame this, but can 'give in' to the urge if coaxed enough. The other part plays into their desire to help whoever they are 'pairing with to feel good. Whether it be sex (if applicable), simple comforts, or ending up inside them? It all helps play into that urge to be 'of use'.

While I have multiple characters, that's why my current favorite one fits into the theme.
CuriousOne50
New to the forum

Postby Skittles209 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:44 am

Species always changes but I like youkai and especially those centered around animals. But I remember my main influence being a book that had multiple horror stories in it and all of the stories featured monsters. Animal monsters rather than the typical ghost stories that have humans and humanoid creatures. The most humanoid was possibly the wendigo as it was depicted as having a deer skull head but a mostly two legged form fit for grabbing and wrestling its prey into submission. Complete with a rather freaky drawing of the creature itself. Might've been 'The haunting hour' or something.
Skittles209
Participator

Postby stearwing » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:00 am

It was merely a matter of going by my own criteria for predator attractiveness and more-or-less subconscious desires, thus: to find something that is
a: not human, nor "nonhuman" in the "we slapped ears and a tail on a human" sense, cutting out anything from plain human to too-humanoid anthro;
b: physically capable of and comfortable with swallowing people whole, without having to stretch suspension of disbelief thinner than the creature's stomach lining, meaning either macro (which I'm not interested in) or feral;
c: commonly identified as being exceptionally powerful and enduring, suggesting dragons;
d: not typically associated with overly "dommy" behaviour, suggesting eastern dragons and
e: compatible with as much of real life as possible, requiring some modifications to species anatomy.

All I had to do then was to choose suitable colours and a tentative backstory, two tasks that are notoriously difficult for fanfic writers, fetishists and furries. How fortunate that I am right in the centre of this triangle.
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:55 am

Since I tend to make new characters for each role-play (unless it is a sequel), I don't have a specific "vore-sona". The first vore character I made was the protagonist for my Tales of a Visceral Voyager stories. She has been involved in only one role-play to date, and that, as yet, unpublished.

Her origins can be read here.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion