A theory...

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: A theory...

Postby AlimentaryArtist » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:18 pm

Confirmation bias, perhaps? I dunno what you like, but people are more likely to respond in the affirmative than take the time to present an opposing view. Mostly because people feel like they need to have a reason to have an opinion that's different from one that's presented, but agreement is a short conversation. Personally I like male and female preds though I do find that there is more female than male content here that I like.
AlimentaryArtist
Somewhat familiar

Postby Peptidase » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:36 pm

I agree with the general consensus of the thread. I generally prefer to see female preds, and I didn't feel strongly compelled to comment since I didn't have any commentary to add to the discussions along with the fact, so I haven't been commenting.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby EnderDracolich » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:53 am

Artemis wrote:
EnderDracolich wrote:Not sure whether being female actually correlated with liking male preds or not though. I'm female, and I quite dislike male preds.

There's probably a correlation between liking male preds and being a straight woman. The same way there's a correlation between being a straight man and liking female preds.

Maybe. What about people who identifyas pred though? I mean.

I might be wrong, but I would expect some straight women to be interesting in fem pred/male prey.

Ditto for straight men being into male pred/fem prey.

You can have the opposite sex in Vore, without said sex necessarily being the pred

...though.

I am gay so I might not know what I'm talking about.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby AkaiFenneku » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:49 am

While I'm a fan of both female and male preds, being an asexual woman myself, I do tend to gravitate more towards men, but this is mainly because I always have a slight preference for male characters. This however doesn't mean I'm not a fan of female preds - in any case, the gender of the character itself isn't a factor when I categorize them as predator or prey, but rather their personality and behaviour. I can see vore in a sexual way as much as I can view it in a non-sexual way... although that's because my libido only reacts to fictional characters and not real people. The main thing is that it depends on the scenario and how it plays out. But I do agree that there's a very large amount of people who are into giantesses and such, often outnumbering searches for male pred content. It's nothing that bothers me that much though since I am aware that the 90% of content people make, wether the pred is male or female, isn't going to cater to my interests (mainly cause I have very, and I mean *very* specific tastes with characters and scenarios).
I have seen a few threads you've made here but I never quite paid attention to the gender of the people commenting on your posts, I have to admit. But as far as I can remember, many of the threads you've made had very interesting topics to talk about, and were worded in a really respectful way, so I guess that's good enough- I roll my eyes whenever people start fighting over their own preferences in vore and bashing each other because of it ^^;
Nightmare Fiction can be a love song if you're not a coward.
AkaiFenneku
Been posting for a bit

Postby Artemis » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:52 am

EnderDracolich wrote:
Artemis wrote:
EnderDracolich wrote:Not sure whether being female actually correlated with liking male preds or not though. I'm female, and I quite dislike male preds.

There's probably a correlation between liking male preds and being a straight woman. The same way there's a correlation between being a straight man and liking female preds.

Maybe. What about people who identifyas pred though? I mean.

I might be wrong, but I would expect some straight women to be interesting in fem pred/male prey.

Hmm... Well I mean, I've definitely met them. They do exist and aren't exactly unicorns in terms of rareness like you or I are as lesbians. However, it is my experience that the pred/prey split is not 50/50. I think more people identify as prey in general, and I'd probably rate the spread of pred/prey at 35/65 or 40/60 in terms of percentages. This is why the average straight man/woman like seeing the opposite sex as pred, because theoretically the odds are they prefer the prey role. There's also probably something to be said about gender roles here, which might be contributing further to that offset, but I have no means of really quantifying the impact that has. Probably a small one if I had to speculate. A 5% difference maybe. 10% if I were to be extremely generous.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EnderDracolich » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:52 pm

Artemis wrote: However, it is my experience that the pred/prey split is not 50/50. I think more people identify as prey in general, and I'd probably rate the spread of pred/prey at 35/65 or 40/60 in terms of percentages. This is why the average straight man/woman like seeing the opposite sex as pred, because theoretically the odds are they prefer the prey role.

This is true. You are correct.

There are more prey-identifying folks than pred identifying. It's not a huge disparity, but it is there.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion