The rare LEGO shark. Worth a buy for a vorephile?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

The rare LEGO shark. Worth a buy for a vorephile?

Postby N-Mario » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:21 am

You know that one rare LEGO shark that can swallow an entire minifig? It only came in 2 sets. A pirate ship set, and an Agents speedboat rescue set. I was considering buying the one of these sets because the shark alone is hard to find by itself.
I absolutely love shark preds, and it’s pretty neat for what it can do. However, both sets are very expensive these days (over $100), but I was considering spending the money anyway. I would really love that shark though. Do you think it’s worth the money to get the set just for the shark and all the minifig prey I can feed it to?
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Re: The rare LEGO shark. Worth a buy for a vorephile?

Postby Rat_Guy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:57 am

No, I don't
Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Postby night22 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:59 am

night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby N-Mario » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:39 pm

Well, I mean.... There are some sites like walmart and toywiz that sell this shark. They sell it about $80. Otherwise, if you get the shark by itself, you won't have anything to feed it to, ya know?

Like, I know the sets are expensive. but at least you would get the rest of the cast with the shark.
N-Mario
---

Postby PoiYoFan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:19 pm

It depends if you think it's worth it. I'm not one to judge what someone should buy because I probably spent more than that on virtual hats, but if you really want it, go get it.
Check out my CAI bots here!
PoiYoFan
Somewhat familiar

Postby NotTadpole » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:56 pm

Ultimately, the choice is up to you. However, I urge you to be careful about the Hedonic Treadmill - or, how I like to dub it as, the "Gimmick Effect". It's always natural for us to look at something like that with utmost envy, a tremendous desire to acquire it, and toy with it. It's a desire that starts taking over most of our waking time, and it can even lead to being outright depressed or angry over not having it. We always want what we don't have. But, when you finally get it, you have plenty of fun with it for a few days, and then you just don't really bother with it anymore because it was just that: a gimmick.

Consider the weight of the alternatives. Spending over $100 for a set really isn't cheap. If the Gimmick Effect happens (and trust me, it will happen eventually), it'll have been a hundred bucks for just a day or two's worth of joy and pleasure from toying around with it. Then it won't be the same anymore, and you'll most likely just end up craving something bigger, something that the Lego shark just can't satisfy. Or hell, even worse, it turns out that the shark turns out to be nothing like what you were expecting and hoping for. It'll have been more than $100 spent for nothing, and it's not like it would be easy to re-sell it back.

If it was cheaper, like $2 and such, the downsides would largely be negligible assuming you're not bootstrapped for cash, but >$100 is just putting way too much at stake, in my opinion. But... that said, I do wish there were more real-life vore paraphernalia...
NotTadpole
Somewhat familiar

Postby N-Mario » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:02 pm

Speaking of vore paraphernalia, though slightly off topic, I do still have the chum buddy shark and orca sleeping bags, and I still use them from time to time. Even though the shark is getting torn on the inside, sadly. :( They were both very expensive, but I say they were well worth the money. Even with the holes/rips, I still play with the shark.

The only other thing that comes to mind that could be noteworthy of being in vore paraphernalia is the Jonah plush toys, in which you fit jonah into the whale/fish mouth. So I am sure there are lot more toys that fit our needs in the vore paraphernalia category.

Anyway, I agree that spending over $100 is much. Just that I don't see anything cheeper if I'm going to get it as new/collectable or whatever. All the used stuff from places like ebay, well they prob won't be in quality shape. But I think I would have a lot more fun with the shark though.
N-Mario
---

Postby Primatalus » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:07 am

syrusalpha88 wrote:It depends if you think it's worth it. I'm not one to judge what someone should buy because I probably spent more than that on virtual hats, but if you really want it, go get it.

Do I spot a fellow TF2 player?
Primatalus
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion