How often are we referenced?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

How often are we referenced?

Postby 157and493 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:15 am

Vore is not as obscure of a fetish as I thought it was, it seems that there are plenty of “normal” people who at least know about it.
The reason I bring this up is because I noticed that sometimes people reference other fetishes, most often feet or furries. For example I have seen online movie reviewers say things like: “Today I am reviewing Disney’s Robin Hood, but I swear I am not a furry, okay.” Or when a movie shows a character’s feet first before panning up to their face someone might say: “Oh the director must have a foot fetish LOL.”
When people do this it is most often just as a joke and they do not intend any harm, but it made me wonder how often vore is brought up as a joke.
I remember one time I was watching a video from someone who talks about the game of YuGiOh and he was complaining about how the card “Firewall Dragon” is too overpowered (he was right by the way) and while he was making jokes about how much he hated the card he brought up vore and called the card “Vorewall Dragon” or something and even showed a picture someone drew of the character having eaten someone.

So I was wondering, have you ever heard someone reference vore or make a joke about it?
157and493
Participator

Re: How often are we referenced?

Postby Nekiame » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:02 am

I once saw a video where Jacksepticeye was using the Word "vore" as a verb... I was shocked and honestly a bit horrified. I get that he was trying to be funny, but it was so random and didnt fit the moment (at least to me) so it just felt… sort of cringy?
Nekiame
Participator

Postby NagaRelic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:50 am

Nekiame wrote:I once saw a video where Jacksepticeye was using the Word "vore" as a verb... I was shocked and honestly a bit horrified. I get that he was trying to be funny, but it was so random and didnt fit the moment (at least to me) so it just felt… sort of cringy?

Another youtuber called PMseymour did a video which included someone asking if Jonah and the whale was the first Vore, so... Yeah, I kinda cringed because all i could think was "Oh jeez, more people using it as a joke where it makes it cringy"
NagaRelic
New to the forum

Postby Eznam » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:54 am

Nekiame wrote:I once saw a video where Jacksepticeye was using the Word "vore" as a verb... I was shocked and honestly a bit horrified. I get that he was trying to be funny, but it was so random and didnt fit the moment (at least to me) so it just felt… sort of cringy?

Nah, Jack is apparently very interested in vore and regularly mentions it. There's a podcast guy who does the same thing but I don't know his name. There's ElvisTheAlien, who has a "people ruin X" series that generally features vore fanart at some point.
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dekkard2 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:13 pm

Ding Dong, Julian, and Chris from Oneyplays have brought up vore a few times in their videos. Chris also mentioned he actually has a giantess and anal vore fetish. They never used it as a kink shaming tool which I was pleasantly surprised to see. Normally when vore is brought up it's usually by some douche canoe saying something like "Welp! Time to nuke the Earth from orbit!" or something insanely rude and stupid.
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby Miridium » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:21 pm

Dekkard2 wrote:Ding Dong, Julian, and Chris from Oneyplays have brought up vore a few times in their videos. Chris also mentioned he actually has a giantess and anal vore fetish. They never used it as a kink shaming tool which I was pleasantly surprised to see. Normally when vore is brought up it's usually by some douche canoe saying something like "Welp! Time to nuke the Earth from orbit!" or something insanely rude and stupid.

Chris O'Neil has a giantess and anal vore fetish? Huh. Guess the fetish is more common than people think.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DrakeX » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:07 pm

Peter Knetter is a youtuber that is making a funny Spyro RT walktrough with his brother. in one part, while messing with being able to control Spyro's flying on the loading screens saying how he looked like if he was havibg turbulence. His brother tells him to imagine if there were actually people in his stomach, to what he answers "you dont know my vore fanfics"

that simple remark even had the result of someone actually doing a vore fanart of spyro on flight on FA who directly mentioned the reference
DrakeX
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dekkard2 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:15 pm

I can't remember the exact episodes from oneyplays that he mentions it but yeah.
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby Eznam » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:25 pm

Miridium wrote:
Dekkard2 wrote:Ding Dong, Julian, and Chris from Oneyplays have brought up vore a few times in their videos. Chris also mentioned he actually has a giantess and anal vore fetish. They never used it as a kink shaming tool which I was pleasantly surprised to see. Normally when vore is brought up it's usually by some douche canoe saying something like "Welp! Time to nuke the Earth from orbit!" or something insanely rude and stupid.

Chris O'Neil has a giantess and anal vore fetish? Huh. Guess the fetish is more common than people think.

It's actually unbirth. Paraphrased quote is "when I was little I wanted to be little and a girl would put me into her pussy". Happened during Kingdom Hearts 1 and many other playthroughs but that's the main one
Last edited by Eznam on Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby booleanTrue » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:17 pm

If anyone is into One Piece, the youtuber Tekking101 does make the occasional vore or furry joke/reference.
booleanTrue
Somewhat familiar

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:22 pm

I'll be honest; offline I rarely hear joking references to vore.

Online, though, I hear it every now and then, but nothing noteworthy.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby AcidGhost » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:59 pm

I see vore being referenced quite often, usually on Twitch.tv. It'll of course depend on who you actually watch, but I've seen multiple people's chats use vore as a punchline whenever any game has something even distantly related to it. I've noticed it become more and more common over the past few years, and it really just makes me uncomfortable when I see it.
AcidGhost
New to the forum

Postby Trollfacegesicht » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:07 pm

I think its funny when Twitch Chat spams "vore" when they see some kind of it on stream. Doesn't happen too often though.
Trollfacegesicht
Somewhat familiar

Postby Doku » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:12 pm

Almost never in general context.
Extremely rarely in adult gamer contexts. I've literally heard it referenced once during an MMORPG raid jokingly, and the person had to explain this to everyone in the raid, who all reacted with "Whaaaaat? Dude, you're shitting us."
Extremely rarely in gamer blogs and other online locations with repositories of geek culture.
Semi-frequently in RPG locations where people participate in kink play such as F-List, where it is usually something of a bench mark for certain levels of openness to extremes in RP (Namely, on F-List: It is one of "The Usuals" listed in furry-adjacent kink lists as a "No" for the majority of participants. They are aware of it, have been asked and are not fans.).
Semi-frequently in portions of furry circles, usually with negative connotation.
Infrequently on deviantart or hentai foundry, if you're in a kink adjacent region of the content such as peril art.
Semi-frequently on well known troll site when they're bored of their current plaything.

Overall? If I didn't come to a vore page, f-list or online forum RP, I would see it rarely on Deviantart and other that? Never. I might hear one reference in an entire year. Once I leave the broader sounding board of the context of this site and people associated with it, the less I ever hear of it anywhere. And I do mean anywhere.

This place just isn't on anyone's radar unless they have reason to have it on their radar.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:28 pm

Yeah, you only really see it referenced in groups that would have broad knowledge of kinks (which seems to primarily be pen and paper RPG groups), and groups that like to kink shame. So if someone likes to take deep dives on drive through rpg, or frequents 4chan or something awful.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Saeshan » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:13 pm

The cover page from a yearly brochure of the school for rich kids that's being distributed in my city displayed a student lying on the ground, moking a gesture she grabs a teacher by her hands, and the teacher, being hanged is swallowed feet first. The teacher is in the background so they actually played with perspective to do that. And it's purely random picture. There's no theme, nothing justifying this. I was, oh my God, do they really know what they are doing? Our city is pretty damn open minded...
Saeshan
New to the forum

Postby vakrata » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:14 am

Okay what the hell was that brochure? I wanna see it.

And the first time I saw vore be specifically referenced outside of the internet was on American Dad. I'm sure the intention was for it to come off as yet another joke, but I'm also pretty sure someone working on the show actually is into vore and that might've been a little bit of razzing from the rest of the staff.
vakrata
Been posting for a bit

Postby Noxyoursox » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:26 pm

I sometimes get teased about vore/asked if XYZ scene in a show/game is something I'm into by people who know I like vore, but other than that I rarely encounter references and they're almost always negative (with the exception of some let's plays that seem to play it as a lighthearted joke most of the time). Most of the in-person references are really uncomfortable for me because they make the assumption that if I like vore, I must be turned on by ALL depictions of someone getting eaten, when that's really not how it works for me (especially not in the context of just watching a regular non-sexual movie or something).
Noxyoursox
Participator

Postby Datstrudel » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:45 pm

There was an episode of criminal minds i believe where the antagonist of the episode is a cannibal. The main characters all gather around a computer while someone has a fake vore forum up and explains what it is. But they describe it as actual cannibalism and not as a fetish if i remember correctly. It was odd and misleading.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sweetladyamy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:48 am

Datstrudel wrote:There was an episode of criminal minds i believe where the antagonist of the episode is a cannibal. The main characters all gather around a computer while someone has a fake vore forum up and explains what it is. But they describe it as actual cannibalism and not as a fetish if i remember correctly. It was odd and misleading.

I remember this. I discounted it because the script writers are admitted kink shamers at the worst of levels.

Yeah. There's a lot of script writers for CBS that are like this and write stuff like this in to not only make fun of us, but to deter the viewers from ever associating with it, basically brainwashing them into not thinking for themselves. It's pretty bad.

At least Bell Dramatic Serial doesn't do that shit, at least not that I've seen. Oh, they mainly write scripts for soap operas, primarily Young and The Restless and Bold and the Beautiful, both of which have had quite a few kink-related scenes in them. Yes, Y&R also has a lesbian couple.

Anyway, point is, if you want to see better depictions of vore that are not sliced to pieces by kink shamers, don't watch lamestream media.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion