If giant fish in games scared us as kids back then,Does now?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

If giant fish in games scared us as kids back then,Does now?

Postby N-Mario » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:27 am

Considering we are a community about vore who love eating, or love being eaten, and thats what fish do to you in video games. But how does/did they scare us as kids? I can't even remember the fish scaring me when I was growing up. I always loved seeing it happen back in the day, and still do. Maybe it was cute for me because of those no teeth giant lips, and the thought of being carried away on to another island usually made me smile. Maybe the giant fish just scared even the younger kids jumping out at you out of nowhere. I could see that being scary.

But still, since we are all into vore, I'm sure it's not quite as scary to us any more?
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Re: If giant fish in games scared us as kids back then,Does

Postby Bright » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:58 am

I think it might have been the loss of in-game progress that bothered me the most.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:36 pm

Bright wrote:I think it might have been the loss of in-game progress that bothered me the most.

I can second that, especially if I'm not letting the fish grab me on purpose, lololol
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby RealZikik » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:49 pm

sweetladyamy wrote:I can second that, especially if I'm not letting the fish grab me on purpose, lololol

I may or may not have actually done that in Mario 64 in both the original and the DS version...
RealZikik
Participator

Postby kagamichan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:08 pm

I never really found fish scary in video games. I actually find some of them cute! Unagi the eel is my favorite fish enemy, and he's known for being scary to a lot of people.
kagamichan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dekkard2 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:50 am

Bright wrote:I think it might have been the loss of in-game progress that bothered me the most.

pretty much this

Though the fish in Serious Sam First Encounter (in the sewer level) still scares the shit out of me. I still have nightmares from swimming down in that level and this fucking thing meeting me halfway
Spoiler: show
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:10 pm

That fish Dekkard showed reminded me of the annoyance that goes by the name Slaughterfish (Elder Scrolls).
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby iWasFrozenToday » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:20 pm

I remember a looong time ago. I think I was in elementary school. Me and the class got to play this educational, underwater fishing game. You had to feed this female dolphin with quite the soothing and almost motherly voice what she wanted to eat, and I remember her especially liking squid. I didn’t even know what vore was or that I even liked it — all I knew was that I felt a super special connection with this dolphin. I kept having her eat, getting ever so happy when she called my catches yummy. But there wasn’t really a graphic for her eating her meals, only comments. It’s weird because I wanted to keep feeding her but since nothing about her appearance ever changed, things quickly got redundant and I wasn’t having as much fun. No idea what it was called and I think I only got to play it once or twice anyways, probably for less than an hour at a time. I love games where fish eat fish, especially those rare ones where you get to control a female fish who gets bigger and stronger as you eat smaller ones. But the fishes you play as are always male...

What would REALLY be a dream come true is a game where you got to play as fish eating mermaid instead, helping her get bigger and such! Think about the siren — looks very much like a mermaid except they can hypnotize other creatures and, unlike mermaids, are actually and specifically known for their vorish tendencies! Imagine being able to also summon other fish to eat other creatures on your behalf! Stuff like that!
iWasFrozenToday
Been posting for a bit

Postby KKtheneko » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:10 pm

Honestly when I was younger the though of vore used to terrify my. The idea that anyone could be swallowed whole and digested kept me up many nights but for some strange reason I did a complete 180 by the time I was 13. I don’t know why
KKtheneko
Been posting for a bit

Postby Peptidase » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:32 pm

The SM64 eel was definitely up there as far as early video game horror memories go. I forget if that one eats you though.
As for vore in video games, I don't really remember there being a horror aspect to it. I suppose like-likes in OoT were scary because they could be tricky to deal with and you could lose your gear fighting them. The Jabu Jabu dungeon certainly caught my interest for reasons I couldn't explain, and later on the windwaker deku babas similarly were intriguing.
So in short, I wasn't ever really scared of being eaten, unless it was a major gameplay hazard.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby justinrpg » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:13 pm

Not in a sense where I am actually scared of it. I typically get a suspense feeling watching actual vore videos and seeing vore art that DOES NOT involve myself but I am not scared of them. It is the same thing about those fish like in Mario. However, if it involves a character that I created AND named in a game, because it is a reflection of myself, those same fish would create a sexual arousal feeling when I see them or get eaten by them like it does with the Photoshop art of me in various creatures' stomachs.
She frantically searches for her human husband, unaware that he is in her stomach.
justinrpg
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dekkard2 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:17 pm

Peptidase wrote:The SM64 eel was definitely up there as far as early video game horror memories go. I forget if that one eats you though.
As for vore in video games, I don't really remember there being a horror aspect to it. I suppose like-likes in OoT were scary because they could be tricky to deal with and you could lose your gear fighting them. The Jabu Jabu dungeon certainly caught my interest for reasons I couldn't explain, and later on the windwaker deku babas similarly were intriguing.
So in short, I wasn't ever really scared of being eaten, unless it was a major gameplay hazard.

Everything in Ocarina of Time scared me as a kid, especially the Forest and Shadow temples. And those redeads. Jabu Jabu's belly kind of turned me on, I was already kind of into vore when I was in early middle school (Thanks Ferngully and Return of the Jedi!)
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby Vandorkinkly » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:40 pm

BigJohnHagerty wrote:Honestly when I was younger the though of vore used to terrify my. The idea that anyone could be swallowed whole and digested kept me up many nights but for some strange reason I did a complete 180 by the time I was 13. I don’t know why

Did you start masturbating?

The terror toad terrified me when I was a kid, and I found myself masturbating to calm myself down when it popped up. Now I have a vore fetish.
Vandorkinkly
New to the forum

Return to General Vore Discussion