A vorish philosophical question

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

A vorish philosophical question

Postby FaceInCrowd42 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:44 pm

If one giantess eats another, and there are no "micro" people involved, are they really giants?
FaceInCrowd42
Been posting for a bit

Re: A vorish philosophical question

Postby Revx_Z » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:49 pm

They might be giants compared to the plants in the background!
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Sitharc » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:31 pm

Yes, if they are called/referred to as giantesses, they are still giants compared to us or whoever the perspective is from.

It's just giantess same size, where get the best of both worlds, a giant woman... with a giant same size belly.
Sitharc
---

Postby blessedwasthechild » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:33 pm

Revx_Z wrote:They might be giants compared to the plants in the background!

They might be giants compared to the band They Might Be Giants
blessedwasthechild
Participator

Postby Shugoki » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:46 pm

I mean, are the women big, or is the rest of the world small? Actual human women would be giantesses relative to a termite. Without other humanoids for scale, it's just a "tree falls in the forest" question.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby FaceInCrowd42 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:29 pm

Shugoki wrote:I mean, are the women big, or is the rest of the world small? Actual human women would be giantesses relative to a termite. Without other humanoids for scale, it's just a "tree falls in the forest" question.

See, the tree falls in the forest question was the point I was trying to make, actually. That's what makes it a philosophical question, lol.
FaceInCrowd42
Been posting for a bit

Postby sweetladyamy » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:38 am

What makes someone/-thing 'giant', or 'tiny'?

I just answered the question with another question because I haven't an answer.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby DiDen » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:41 am

Well, I remember reading a thread about the anatomy of giants/giantesses that was quite detailed and interesting. The people there talked about some major differences in their biology : their bones would have to be denser (if I remember correctly), and their muscles a lot stronger. With that, I think they had calculated that they would need bigger hearts compared to the size of their bodies than we do, and they'd eat a lot more (then again, compared to their own size).

So I guess yeah, if you'd look at their bone density, and other variables that change in a non-linear fashion with respect to the size, you could determine those people are giants and giantesses, not some regular people.
DiDen
New to the forum

Postby Cowrie » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:19 pm

DiDen wrote:Well, I remember reading a thread about the anatomy of giants/giantesses that was quite detailed and interesting. The people there talked about some major differences in their biology : their bones would have to be denser (if I remember correctly), and their muscles a lot stronger. With that, I think they had calculated that they would need bigger hearts compared to the size of their bodies than we do, and they'd eat a lot more (then again, compared to their own size).

So I guess yeah, if you'd look at their bone density, and other variables that change in a non-linear fashion with respect to the size, you could determine those people are giants and giantesses, not some regular people.

Generally, larger creatures eat proportionally less relative to their body size, at least if going by mass. All other things being equal, weight scales to the cube of linear scale, while energy needs (i.e., food requirements) scale to the square of linear scale.

Back on the topic of the thread, I say, yes, they're still giantesses. And that is the only kind of vore with giantess preds that I care for, though I'm partial to normal sized people as bystanders or something in such a scenario as opposed to what this question proposes.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby sevensix » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:31 pm

A humanoid biped can be considered a giant or giantess if they exceed 2^117 Planck lengths in height.
sevensix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Miridium » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:54 am

All a matter of perspective really.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby empatheticapathy » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:26 am

I'm inclined to say no. You're only big if you're bigger than something else.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby nicktaken » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:51 pm

Giant as a noun is derived from an adjective which signifies something being on a larger scale than similar counterparts. To call something "giant" you first need to set something that is considered "normal" and then compare their sizes. If everything is "giant", then "giant" is just the "normal" and thus calling it giant would be inaccurate.
I write stuff, sometimes: GALLERY
nicktaken
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sevensix » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:07 am

sevensix
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion