Do you get turned on by your own work?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Do you get turned on by your own work?

Postby N-Mario » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:13 pm

Yea perhaps. I've done a lot of sprite work containing vore, characters getting eaten/swallowed, etc. I think it made me smile at times. I think I've been happy with them. :)
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby Barghest236 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:31 am

Not everything, but there are some scenes in certain stories that very much do it for me. I find that the more time has passed -- the farther detached I get from the actual creation process -- the better I can enjoy my work from an audience perspective.
"Welcome to the Corley Institute! Interns will please refrain from provoking the Manticore Thistles, as antidote supplies are currently limited."
Barghest236
Somewhat familiar

Postby Peptidase » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:35 am

As a writer, not really. There's a low-grade thrill as I'm writing especially good bits, but that dies out pretty quickly as I run out of description and have to try out a thesaurus, struggle to pad out some description to help the flow, go back and rework a bit of the swallowing to make part of the digestion more anatomically plausible, "turn down" the amount of digestion that happened in an earlier scene so the timeline plays out better, accidentally scroll back to the beginning and notice some awkward wording I aught to fix up, getting back up to speed but get stuck trying to remember how much of the prey's clothing got removed while they were being swallowed, scrolling back to said swallowing and changing some details so I don't make another damn laundry plothole filling in some more gaps as I go... Basically writing is more frustrating than tantalizing for me.

Going back and re-reading my work, no. Part of it is that I always end up taking a more critical eye, noticing things I could have worded better or should have expanded on. The other part is that I know I made this. It almost feels like trying to get off to my own reflection. It just doesn't work out for me. I'll occasionally re-visit some of the same ideas while idly fantasizing, but by the time anything I've fantasized enough about a scenario to be able to pin it down on the screen, it's either lost most of it's appeal to me by sheer repetition, or there's now a "canon" series of events associated with it and I can't really shift the daydream around and it's not as interesting.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby Jayezox » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:56 am

Definitely when I'm rping or going back to old interactive chapters.
Jayezox
---

Postby FanficFetishist » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:15 pm

Very much so, yes
FanficFetishist
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby WorkInProgress » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:27 pm

It's weird for me. While I'm writing, yes. When I'm trying to imagine what the scene is like, that's when I start getting aroused. I think it helps me write in a way because it solidifies what I want out of the scene. Afterwards, though? When I read it back? Not really.
Standby for this WorkInProgress
WorkInProgress
Been posting for a bit

Postby Muttsmutt » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:36 pm

I do as I write them, and it usually is what motivates me to keep going, but after a story is done its not something I go back to later like I would with someone elses work.
Just because you're at the top of the food chain, doesn't mean you want to be...
Muttsmutt
Been posting for a bit

Postby Siuddithsi » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:35 pm

It depends on the work. Some of my published stories have been designed as "Adventures", much more action than sex.

But in many of my RP's the sex IS the action and I go back to those repeatedly for excitement.
Siuddithsi
---

Postby Noxyoursox » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:20 am

Getting turned on is the #1 reason why my vore art doesn't get past the "sketch" stage lol (and also probably why the stuff that does get finished isn't super arousing to me). Basically if it's good enough for me to get off on it, I get off on it instead of working on it.
Noxyoursox
Participator

Postby sweetladyamy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:10 am

Noxyoursox wrote:Getting turned on is the #1 reason why my vore art doesn't get past the "sketch" stage lol (and also probably why the stuff that does get finished isn't super arousing to me). Basically if it's good enough for me to get off on it, I get off on it instead of working on it.

I definitely can relate to this.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Wolfsage » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:49 am

I do, all the time, in fact, I often re-read some of my stories once in a while :D
The Sage Wolf of the forest.
Wolfsage
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Scrumptious » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:32 am

Yes, very much so. Writing my stories (& etc.) has the purpose of turning me on. Sharing the stories is a distant second. I want to 'give back' to the community, but in the first instance I am exciting myself.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby reclusenutcase » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:07 am

When making vore games, I can get excited for a short period of time, but it makes me want to go for bigger and better each time I work on a new project. I've been commissioning artists lately for game assets now, and that has helped prolong my my interest.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby smog1 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:35 pm

Oh yeah...no question about that lol
smog1
Somewhat familiar

Postby GastricAztec » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:26 pm

At certain points in the creation of a project I do, but by the time I get finished with the project, I’m so burnt out from re-reading and editing my work that I can’t get turned on. Coming back after a long hiatus I can get turned on, when looking at it from the perspective of a reader.
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby Cuddlekins » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:26 pm

I've seen this thread around, and I wasn't sure how I wanted to comment on it, but... It's sorta weird. When a story idea is in my head, it gets me going well enough, but as soon as I put it on paper, it permanently leaves my head and that specific fantasy is more or less forever lost to me. I mean, I do occasionally come back to my stories to try to get some selfish gain out of them (after all, the only reason I started writing stories here was my dissatisfaction with what already existed) but it can be hit-or-miss.
***Cuddlekins Vore Stories (May contain LOLI)
***FF14 GPose Vore Comics
(Mostly macro/micro F/f, some ?/F, some monster girl same-size.)
Cuddlekins
Participator

Postby GastricAztec » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:49 am

Cuddlekins wrote:I've seen this thread around, and I wasn't sure how I wanted to comment on it, but... It's sorta weird. When a story idea is in my head, it gets me going well enough, but as soon as I put it on paper, it permanently leaves my head and that specific fantasy is more or less forever lost to me. I mean, I do occasionally come back to my stories to try to get some selfish gain out of them (after all, the only reason I started writing stories here was my dissatisfaction with what already existed) but it can be hit-or-miss.

I can relate to what you said, the initial high of the turn on is diminished after spending untold hours refining and perfecting the story.
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby Cuddlekins » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:24 am

SamuelOrona wrote:
Cuddlekins wrote:I've seen this thread around, and I wasn't sure how I wanted to comment on it, but... It's sorta weird. When a story idea is in my head, it gets me going well enough, but as soon as I put it on paper, it permanently leaves my head and that specific fantasy is more or less forever lost to me. I mean, I do occasionally come back to my stories to try to get some selfish gain out of them (after all, the only reason I started writing stories here was my dissatisfaction with what already existed) but it can be hit-or-miss.

I can relate to what you said, the initial high of the turn on is diminished after spending untold hours refining and perfecting the story.

Oh, I dunno if that's what I meant, lol...

What I mean is like... a story idea is, in my head, like a bird in a cage. It's trapped in there for my enjoyment, more or less, but when I finish the story, I open that cage and set it free, more or less. I don't think about it anymore, because why would I? It's the same way with the non-smut I write; once I finish a story or a chapter in a novel, it doesn't rattle around in my brain anymore in much the same way.
***Cuddlekins Vore Stories (May contain LOLI)
***FF14 GPose Vore Comics
(Mostly macro/micro F/f, some ?/F, some monster girl same-size.)
Cuddlekins
Participator

Postby French_snack » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:01 pm

I'm currently writing a story. I've just this moment found myself becoming aroused by writing this scene:

Vivee stopped well inside the room, where they could talk in private, and turned to the nervous Yasuo. She placed her hands softly on his sides, below his ribs, and looked up into his dark brown eyes. He lowered his gaze, shyly. She told herself that if he was Japanese, he perhaps wasn’t used to bold and direct eye contact. Or perhaps he just didn’t want to gaze straight back at someone he wished to submit to.

“So, do you want to tell me?” she suggested gently. “Do you want to say you’d like me to eat you?” She touched his chin, softly tilting his head back up. “You can look at me,” she whispered. “I don’t bite.” She leaned forward just a little and clacked her teeth at him, teasing. He smiled, his smile awkward but genuine. Her hands was still on his sides, but he hadn’t put his own hands on her hips. Not yet.

She tried another approach. “Would you like a drink? Let’s go upstairs. That’s where I live, and it’s more comfy. You can sit down, relax, and we can do it when you’re ready.” She continued to hold his chin up gently with her index finger. “Me swallowing you, I mean,” she whispered, encouragingly. “That’s what you want, yes?”

Yasuo gulped tightly, shivered a little, and nodded. He seemed to have been rendered speechless. He was gazing at her now, though, his eyes shining softly, enchanted by her face. Her voice. Her smile.

“Here, put your hands right here,” she told him kindly, and took his hands in hers, guiding them to her hips. “There you go. Don’t be nervous about my body. You’re going to be inside me very soon, so I really need you to feel relaxed about my… physical presence.” She gave him a lovely, tender smile. He smiled back, hesitantly, and nodded with a small laugh. His hands, though, did press themselves a little more firmly on her hips.
My short stories (210 so far, 211th coming when I have time to write it):
http://aryion.com/g3/showgallery.php?id=161506
French_snack
???

Postby Tetrahedra » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:39 pm

At first I did, but after awhile it started feeling like I was just retreading the same ground over and over and over. At least, with writing. With drawing my standards have basically hit rock bottom, to the point that even if it's my own scribble that was done in literally 2 minutes I'm still into it.
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion