The Philosophy of Vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

The Philosophy of Vore

Postby RhinoSalt » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:20 pm

Sorry if the title sounds janky. I'm not exactly attempting to prove something for an essay, I'm wondering why the members of this community enjoy this fetish on a personal, almost psychoanalytical level. Think about big, primal, out there concepts. Power, lust, greed, jealousy.
RhinoSalt
Been posting for a bit

Re: The Philosophy of Vore

Postby New » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:10 pm

From the prey side of things, it's the same basic idea divided into two prongs.

First, the closeness aspect. Knowing that everything that I can give is a part of something or someone far greater than myself is fulfilling, while the feeling of insignificance tied in to that is arousing. Even more so the closer you are to the predator emotionally; for your life to become part of theirs, to eat what they eat, drink what they drink, breathe what they breathe...there's no greater closeness than being fully within someone else.

And second, the isolation aspect. A feeling of safety, being shut away from the world and sealed inside another's flesh, trusting your life in their hands. You can perceive nothing but the life around you; you have no worries about what is on the outside. The body of another is a sanctuary where your safety depends upon theirs. And if digestion is imminent...that's an end of worries altogether.

Hope that that helps.
New
Somewhat familiar

Postby blessedwasthechild » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:47 pm

Vore actually gives me religious sorts of feelings, a feeling like being clean and ascending into a higher consciousness by being digested. It is a transformative thing for me where something gross and disgusting becomes divine and higher, that to be food is not to be rendered meaningless, but something more. "You are nothing but food" for me is a saying that is emphasised on "nothing BUT FOOD", so I am not nothing, but I *am* food, and that is something incredible.

That's something I try to capture in my writing, this feeling like being food serves a higher purpose, not just to my predator, but to the cosmos at large. The cosmos feels sort of vorish and sexual to me anyway, between gravity and and star cycles and the motions of objects... everything sort of "mating" and creating but also eating each other, with the expansion of the universe acting as a foil that keeps everything apart... yet anything gravitationally bound to each other is inevitably drawn together, merging, voring each other.

Yeaah that's really really stupid and silly of me to think, but hey! Eukaryotic life *exists* because of vore, so why not?
((these are very personal thoughts though. Science comes before personal beliefs, always, but since you asked))

So yeah, vore for me is a sort of escape from meaninglessness to something more meaningful, and achieving apotheosis through an unbelievably sexy death.
blessedwasthechild
Participator

Postby Shugoki » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:42 pm

>be me
>just got into puberty
>just learned i'm into preggos
>go looking for wank material, but too young and cowardly to know where
>find vore
>goodenough.jfif

And it all went downhill from there.

Fr tho, I look at vore from a lot of angles nowadays. On the surface, I like bellies, and I'm into feederism/gaining. I remember seeing someone (I forget who) put it really nicely on here by saying that eating another person whole and alive--especially multiple people--is the ultimate manifestation of gluttony. While I like wg on any good day, I think there's something added to it when it's at least implied that all that fat used to be people. That actually links to my next draw for vore, which is its use as an outlet for sadism. It's weirdly gratifying to just be able to have this fantasy where I can cut loose and project all my pent-up anger onto some fictional character by projecting onto the pred a little. Idk if that's the best way to put it, but that's kinda what it is. It's a little hard for me to get behind when the cruelty of the situation is just overplayed or excessive, or if I don't think the prey or pred are attractive, but I'm usually more focused on the visual component anyway. 'Course, this is all vore with digestion with all consequences brushed aside or accounted for; I do admit, I have a soft spot for PoV internals, I'm just not on board with getting eaten and outright dying.

To be clear, I'm just talking about your bog-standard vore with digestion. I take all steps of the process except the pooping. Fuck that shit. I mean, don't actually fuck that actual shit, that's unsanitary...you get the point. None of what I just said applies to unbirth, which I've never really been that enthusiastic about but which kinda meshes well with my pregnancy kink if the pred sorta becomes pregnant with the prey, which I don't actually see a lot. And this also reconciles my qualms about vore having to be fatal, since you can't digest someone with your uterus unless you're that chick from American Gods. (Speaking of which: fuck hammerspace vore. It's like being denied a proper nutt.)

The notion of vore and construction of fantasies around it has also given me a chance to screw around with worldbuilding. I've never actually completed and published anything, but I've had lots of ideas for settings based around the necessary questions vore raises. How is it feasible? Why is it done? What effect does it have on society and biology? When, if ever, is it ethical? I'm too busy atm to really crack down on any of my ideas, but this summer, I wanna make it a priority to do SOMETHING and put it out there. It's a surprisingly flexible motif that kinda fulfills different fantasies in different contexts, especially if you get really creative with the magic systems/biologies of the characters involved.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:24 am

It's definitely a form of escapism for me.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby 3rasvok » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:10 am

New wrote:From the prey side of things, it's the same basic idea divided into two prongs.

First, the closeness aspect. Knowing that everything that I can give is a part of something or someone far greater than myself is fulfilling, while the feeling of insignificance tied in to that is arousing. Even more so the closer you are to the predator emotionally; for your life to become part of theirs, to eat what they eat, drink what they drink, breathe what they breathe...there's no greater closeness than being fully within someone else.

And second, the isolation aspect. A feeling of safety, being shut away from the world and sealed inside another's flesh, trusting your life in their hands. You can perceive nothing but the life around you; you have no worries about what is on the outside. The body of another is a sanctuary where your safety depends upon theirs. And if digestion is imminent...that's an end of worries altogether.

Hope that that helps.

Or it's just about dying a horrible death.
3rasvok
Been posting for a bit

Postby Lepherandrian » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:33 am

I've enjoyed discussions like these from people having different backgrounds and perspectives on this subject. For me personally I've experienced isolation a lot growing up as a kid and I remember sometimes playing with my siblings by having toys eat each other, but in a playful manner. Like maybe one was running from something and needed a place to hide so it hid inside a larger creature. I would have the toy play around inside as if nothing really could go wrong. For some people I've seen share their stories, isolation plays a factor in wanting to be safe or a place to hide or even escaping the world entirely. There's something for me, which I've yet to determine, that makes me want to isolate myself from the world. I often found myself whenever I felt depressed or lonely, inside my bed safe and warm of course away from the outside world. I would turn out my lights and cover myself up tight in blankets feeling more relaxed and less anxious, this was somewhat therapeutic as well and comforting by cooling me down. This could be me just unconsciously likening what I it would be like in a stomach shaved off from the world. I've often thought about the idea of leaving everything behind and start somewhere else from scratch, even fantasizing leaving all that I own and live out in the wilderness with peace and tranquility. Not to say I'm this person fed up with society and I don't want to live in it anymore, but I want that calm and sweet peaceful relaxation away from worry and regret, which vore helps this feeling be more intimate.

I felt many degrees of why vore is so interesting to me as a fetish. The position one would be in as a prey could very well be humiliating, as for me I find having some sort of place as food to some more important or even powerful being, though as a small insignificance such as a snack, you'll be rewarded as being a part of something that you truly respect and admire even though you'll be forgotten when the pred is hungry again. There's always been the ultimate question of asking what is your purpose like some advanced artificial intelligence system from an apocalyptic sci-fi movie, which feels more in tuned to our journey to discover that. I'm sure most people have had that thought echoing in their mind sometime or other and imagined how insignificant you are to the universe as a whole. There's something about power dynamics that forces us to feel superior in someway whether that maybe consciously or not many people love to feel some sort of dominance over something else like stepping on an ant for example. Which I feel plays a lot in nature much like eating and killing another creature wanting to have power over something more insignificant than themselves is very prevalent in nature and ourselves. Sadly enough that happens a lot in the world today mostly being non-consensual than not, it's seems having a fetish that's very unrealistic and that can only happen in one's imagination feels more enlightening than hurting others in some way.

Though it seems most people like the idea of becoming prey to another creature, which would be me in this case. Again I find myself liking to look up to someone both figuratively and literally. I'm the type of person that needs direction for I can't navigate myself all that much. I'm always looking for somebody for comfort or someone to protect me or catch me. There's somethings that's hard doing on my own especially in the life I'm living. So I has a fascination in size play for that reason. It's less so of a fetish, since I like to imagine some of these relationships without vore, and I just like the more wholesome context of it all. The idea of something so powerful and huge, helping something so innocent and small in a caring, respectful manner. So I occasionally as a kid stood over a bug and imagined how big I'd be to the bug and what type of life I would have by being that small. Sometimes I killed them, being a kid and all, and sometimes I didn't. Now I will imagine a big-hearted creature watching over me and caring for me, and in someways doing everything for me so I don't need to worry about a thing. I do enjoy the powerful preds that have a decent arrogance of one's cares, that's why I feel this whole thing is complex to think about for me and I'm sure everyone here. There's so much that I enjoy about this fetish and keeps me separated from the world when I need it. There's just something about it that's interesting to me when talking about and there's a lot to talk about. Anyways this is sort of my feelings and thoughts on why vore appeals to me like it does.
Lepherandrian
New to the forum

Postby KittyBoi » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:32 pm

For me its almost an Existentialist validation. The appeal I have towards tf/vore is largely due to, counterintuitively, the fear of death. The most terrifying thing about death is it often happens spontaneously, for no reason. Fatal Vore sort of disagrees with that- the death is for something, the circle of life, or in the case of tf the idea of identity death is given meaning- if it happens at all.

There's also an aspect of laziness. There is something placid about doing nothing or sleeping, so the idea of existing on the body of a predator is both humiliating and a sort of ideal fate. In a way, it's euphoric.

That's just me and I have no idea if that makes sense to anyone else.
It's not hard to be greedy... a little bit of overindulgence goes a very long way.

Feel free to support me: https://subscribestar.adult/kittyboi
KittyBoi
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eznam » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:58 am

For me it's three pronged. There's 3 reasons why I want to be vored and all of them have a very different reasoning behind them.

First of is very simply a death wish. *If* I'm going to choose how I die, I'd would absolutely prefer it be by becoming part of someone else. Especially when it's full on becoming them. No trace of my personality or abilities, no control, just, being them. Just my consciousness being added to hers. I'm skeptical on an afterlife, but in order to not make it feel like cheating death we'll say there is an afterlife, that way it's not like I just want to die that way because it's technically a guarantee of life after death. I just genuinely feel like the most enjoyable way for me to die would be to pass on into a new mind and body that is entirely not my own.

Second is just fusion. By getting myself absorbed by my soulmate, we can share the same body and the same mind. But unlike the death wish where I'm technically not alive thanks to identity death, what happens here is that I get rid of all the bad parts of myself in the process and I remove the worst parts of her in the process, both physically and mentally. Great hair, great physique, great intellect combined with great attitude, great body and an eldritch ability to intake human flesh. It's essentially a cheat for self-improvement because I'm just way too far gone to see any purpose in treating people nicely when I have had exclusively negative experiences with people. Plus, same as the death wish, it would just be very interesting to be a new person.

Third is just boredom. I'm so utterly bored with everything in life that it legitimately seems like it would be more fun to just, you know... Waste my life on experimentation. Throw away my individuality and ability to interact with the world for some horny girl who wants me to take a plunge in her clunge and get transmogrified into her sentient minge? Sign me the fuck up. I don't even need the opportunity to present itself to know I would regret it, but even being a flesh pocket would be better than the life of apathy I endure right now. I mean at least the process of becoming one would be, the part where I'm tucked in pants for 60 years would probably be about on par with what I experience every day.
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheKawaiiCommie » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:39 am

Vore fantasies fulfill my most covetous and hedonistic instincts in an acceptable manner. When I admire people romantically to the point where I almost want to *be* them, I wish to metaphorically intertwine myself with them, assimilating them or being assimilated by them. It's a very primal sort of secret wish to totally join with somebody and share one existence. It's insatiable, and at the same time deeply intimate and sexual. I *must* have someone, and I'll devour them or let them devour me entirely if it means getting as close as I can. I think it's rooted in a far more common desire than most people admit. It's the same instinct that makes me crave physical affection, keeping someone close and enjoying all the sensations they have to offer to the fullest. Many people sensually nibble or bite their partners and enjoy the way certain parts of their bodies smell and taste. People salivate more when they are aroused. Sex and eating clearly have some connection in the human mind as the basest of needs to sustain life, and I legitimately find myself wanting to eat certain people, drooling at the thought of sinking my teeth into them. The thought of someone wanting me so badly they have to consume my flesh is indescribably attractive. I love how primal vore is as a sexual interest, it feels like an honest expression of desire without pageantry and excites me like nothing else.
TheKawaiiCommie
Somewhat familiar

Postby Flatheaddog » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:55 am

Shugoki wrote:>be me
>just got into puberty
>just learned i'm into preggos
>go looking for wank material, but too young and cowardly to know where
>find vore
>goodenough.jfif

I see I am not the only one

The most obvious reason for us prey-folk is the power dynamic. I personally am someone who enjoys it when someone else guides me and tells me what's going to happen, especially in a sexual encounter. Part of why I enjoy the predator-prey dynamic is because the predator controls the whole situation from start to finish: feet or head first? Do you digest or do they let you live? Something about the control aspect of things really is what I enjoy about it.

I think for me, as someone into the Weight gain and digestion aspects of vore, part of it is the expansion. Someone getting more attractive (by my standards) from each prey they consume means you have this never-ending increase in your attraction to the person whereas I have found that in real life my attraction for someone tends to dampen as time goes on. I enjoy weight gain because your significant other could exponentially grow more attractive at a rapid rate.

Not sure if any of this makes sense but this is my take.
Flatheaddog
Been posting for a bit

Postby UrsidAmigo » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:25 pm

For me, one who loves fatal-vore, it's two different sides of a coin.

On the one hand, I find it extremely arousing to think that If i were consumed, I would be nothing but fat or excrement for my partner, and that he'd forget about me relativity quickly. It's a bit of a masochistic fantasy that my life was cut short for the short-term pleasure of one other, one who won't even remember me by the next week. That kind of inconsideration is the ultimate show of dominance, and the thought of how worthless I am to be discarded of like that pushes all my buttons.

On the other hand, I love the sense of finality. I die and never wake up again, my body is nothing but waste and fat, both of which will go over time, with the waste decomposing, and the fat being burnt off by the pred. The pred on the other hand gets to add 60kg or so of weight onto them, and is full for a day. The sort of satisfaction, the sense of closure seems like a win-win to both parties involved.

I know logically both points make no sense, but reading some of the other comments here, it seems I fall onto the same tracks as a lot of others. Especially when it comes to the idea of becoming one with something greater. I do have a preference for who I'd be eaten by, in which my two points above are only validated. If I'm eaten by someone I find unappealing, the two points above will not apply.
UrsidAmigo
New to the forum

Postby fixated1 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:14 pm

blessedwasthechild wrote:Vore actually gives me religious sorts of feelings, a feeling like being clean and ascending into a higher consciousness by being digested. It is a transformative thing for me where something gross and disgusting becomes divine and higher, that to be food is not to be rendered meaningless, but something more. "You are nothing but food" for me is a saying that is emphasised on "nothing BUT FOOD", so I am not nothing, but I *am* food, and that is something incredible.

That's something I try to capture in my writing, this feeling like being food serves a higher purpose, not just to my predator, but to the cosmos at large. The cosmos feels sort of vorish and sexual to me anyway, between gravity and and star cycles and the motions of objects... everything sort of "mating" and creating but also eating each other, with the expansion of the universe acting as a foil that keeps everything apart... yet anything gravitationally bound to each other is inevitably drawn together, merging, voring each other.

Yeaah that's really really stupid and silly of me to think, but hey! Eukaryotic life *exists* because of vore, so why not?
((these are very personal thoughts though. Science comes before personal beliefs, always, but since you asked))

So yeah, vore for me is a sort of escape from meaninglessness to something more meaningful, and achieving apotheosis through an unbelievably sexy death.

That's a new take that I find fascinating. Cool!

For me, I've analyzed why I like it for a long time while I felt guilty for having it. I kind of stopped analyzing though when I shed that guilt and just accepted it and this became less interested in the psychology of it. But I think I've come to some answers.

My fantasy revolves around hedonist pleasure, being enveloped in a giant tongue, the vagina, or a butt. Getting that special sensation and just swimming in it, being surrounded by it. Feeling a tongue all over my body getting me off sounds like the ultimate fantasy.

Total domination is almost as strong of a draw. I've never experienced being dominated in the bedroom in a way that wasn't me just allowing it so it doesn't feel genuine. Also, there's something in me that feels ashamed about being dominated. But in a macro/ micro setting there's no allowing. A giant could overpower you without any effort. It's the one fantasy I have where I feel unashamed in indulging in it.

There's possibly something to escapism too. I've certainly used it to fantasize not just sexually, but about escaping responsibilities and worries. But that's more about blowing off steam I think.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Vorepun » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:08 am

As someone who likes vore from a predatory perspective...it's not even really about the eating. Not really. When vore gets reduced to this idea of 'oh they're just food now', I actually get turned off. I enjoy power dynamics, and the idea of picking someone apart slowly. Vore tends to incorporate that in one way or another in an...exaggerated way that I enjoy. I really love soul vore as another level of exaggeration. The reasons I like vore are pretty simple; I want to break people apart, I want to -take- them, and I sexualize violence. But I really don't know why I'm like that overall. Struggle and conflict are just fascinating to me.

I'm a big soft in real life, I swear. :C
Vorepun
Been posting for a bit

Postby alockwood1 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:33 pm

For me, it's a little complicated. I have a preference for non-fatal willing vore - as it's like a full-body hug/kiss.

Now, I don't mind fatal, but give a reason for it - defending another, pred's a murderer, prey is already mortally ill/dying, or survival.

I find it annoying when Sapient Predators eat Sapient Prey, just because they are delicious, or because they were hungry, especially if there's non-sapient prey available. Even more so when Good Predators decide to eat Good Prey - if Good eats Evil, that's one thing, or if Evil eats Good, but Good eating Good.. really? Especially if the Predator waited years just to eat that one Prey?

Seriously Predators ought to stick to non-sapient prey, or have a set quota - I get sick of seeing predators gobbling up every prey they just come across - after a certain point, they'd eat up their favorite prey to extinction if they did that.

Of course, if there's Reformation involved, I can go a bit crazy, especially if Hard Vore is Painless, unless there's a reason for the pain - like Good folk don't feel Pain, while Evil ones do, when a tiger tears them to pieces - call me a wimp, but I don't like Good folk suffering.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby coinrm » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:02 am

So for me there are layers to it, im inclined towards being prey but have explored pretty much everything. I think initially it was a deep fascination with the inside of the body, kinda similar to a fascination with eldritch horror, to see that thing that is just beyond, its enticing and exciting yet scary. You know what's actually there but for some reason you need to prove it, to see for yourself. And this fascination kinda predates everything with some of my oldest memories (like when i was somewhere around 4 or 5) being me drawn to it and having repeated dreams where i just wanted to see it, but was constantly denied. I've rationalized that fascination somewhat recently 20 years later as that cosmic horror interpretation.

Beyond that i get the being close and safe interpretation as well, being in a stomach or a womb is to be close to someone and secure, its almost like being cared for in a deep and intimate way. Feeling like you belong to someone and genuinely trust them with all that you are.

Then there is my more predatory mindset which is more about the thrill of the game, i love toying with my prey and getting as much sensory satisfaction as possible in the interaction. Im alot more interested in invoking feelings in my prey rather than really feeding for more selfish gain. To me its all about living through your prey and enjoying what your putting them through from their perspective.

An alternative predatory mindset i have is to take the prey into my world, metaphorically through the roleplay, but also in the act of taking them into myself, digesting and absorbing them so they can see what its like inside of my head for a bit.

And lastly (as i am atm) as a predator i honestly do love the satisfaction of a full belly, to imagine the feeling of the prey inside of me.. its not exactly pleasurable, its more like the satisfaction of a good exercise but with a darker more sadistic twist, even if its soft vore you get to enjoy a full stomach at the expense of your prey. Your prey enjoying it doesnt change that sadistic feeling for me as they are completely and truly yours.

If i could find a more ideal partner, what really would draw me in is the game of predator over predator though, i love the idea of competing with another predator to seduce and eat the other, to recognize each other as equals while trying to dominate the other with our egos. A selfish battle of gods where we know what we want from eachother and know that in order to get it you have to make the other side submit, to win in this battle of temptation and get the other to give themselves to you, or to lose and get devoured. Which is honestly far more thrilling to me specifically. To me this is a demonstration of honesty, a way to sync up your mindset with another and reveal to eachother what you want. Vore plays into it as the temptation, fear, and the expression of wills over eachother. I want to win for the satisfaction of taking another into me, but want to lose for the deep fascination and pleasure i would get from being devoured as well as the comfort of completely giving myself to another.

I can probably go on and on about various interpretations and the mindsets behind them for me but i feel like what i have said is meaningful enough to demonstrate how i feel about vore at this very moment. Not sure if this response is the sort you were looking for when you asked this question :p but from what ive seen and what ive experienced people are drawn to vore for a massive variety of reasons and have very diverse feelings and philosophies around it. Vore had a very large impact on my life, has heavily themed alot of the ways that i think, and has driven me perpetually from one obsession to another essentially spanning my whole life, but for others it might of literally been as simple as a need to belong to someone, which ive felt at times.

Side note i am traumatized by social media and forums like this, this being the first time ive attempted to really reach out to a grander community. Honestly terrifying but i shall stand (shakily) by this post even if i never reach out again.
Last edited by coinrm on Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coinrm
New to the forum

Postby skorm » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:31 am

Last edited by skorm on Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
skorm
Somewhat familiar

Postby Skulker » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:58 pm

Skulker
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion