The Vore VS C*nnibalism debate?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: The Vore VS C*nnibalism debate?

Postby Nopm » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:15 pm

If it involves someone eating another member of the same species and then digesting them, then yes, it's cannibalism. And not just "technically" either. That's what it is.
The lines understandably get a little blurred when you're talking anthro, demis and the usual fuckery that happens with species when people get kinky. Still, the definition doesn't change, so a lot of the time, it's still cannibalism.

As other people have kindly pointed out, endo doesn't count as cannibalism. In fact, someone even went as far as to say endo is a separate kink from vore entirely, which I don't agree with, but it's not terribly far from the truth. I should also point out, the "fantasy" aspect of it doesn't change what it fundamentally is: people getting swallowed and digested.
So it doesn't matter in the end. If the vore method leads to a stomach, and digestion occurs, then it's cannibalism. Soft, hard, anal...

If you're talking a kink-based definition, then "cannibalism" just connotates hard vore.
Nopm
New to the forum

Postby Alleria » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:52 pm

Nopm wrote:If it involves someone eating another member of the same species and then digesting them, then yes, it's cannibalism. And not just "technically" either. That's what it is.
The lines understandably get a little blurred when you're talking anthro, demis and the usual fuckery that happens with species when people get kinky. Still, the definition doesn't change, so a lot of the time, it's still cannibalism.

As other people have kindly pointed out, endo doesn't count as cannibalism. In fact, someone even went as far as to say endo is a separate kink from vore entirely, which I don't agree with, but it's not terribly far from the truth. I should also point out, the "fantasy" aspect of it doesn't change what it fundamentally is: people getting swallowed and digested.
So it doesn't matter in the end. If the vore method leads to a stomach, and digestion occurs, then it's cannibalism. Soft, hard, anal...

If you're talking a kink-based definition, then "cannibalism" just connotates hard vore.

That is why in my stories these are always members of different species. Humans, giants, titans, pixies. And that is why I don't like shrinking.
Alleria
New to the forum

Postby rugli » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:55 pm

The terminology is confusing. Here is way.
1. Vore: The love to be consumed/eaten or consume/eten another being.
2. Cannibalism: To consume or be consumed by the own is own species.
3. Soft vore", being swallowed whole or swallowing the other being whole
4. Hard Vore: involves chewing, cutting, or cooking the other being or being chewed, cutted or cooked.
5. Carnivore is an animal whose food and energy requirements derive solely from animal tissue or meat, whether through hunting or scavenging.
6. A herbivore is an animal anatomically and physiologically adapted to eating plant material,
7. Geophagia consumption of non-nourishment material.
8. Xenophagy change in diet habits
Note: I'm not including any form of feeding that humans cannot observe other than through microscope.
So you see this is quite feild and im not including any form of consumtion that could only exist in fantasy such as cock vore, breast vore, hair vore etc. So all above refers to oral vore pnly.

Folks that are not familar with concept of vore will confuse no 1 and no 2 as being the one and the same thing while they they are not. When these inviduals hear the term cannibalims they are obviously thinking of combination between no 2 and 4, since that can actually happen in RL and is horrifc if it does. But I do reconize there inviduals on this website that like the idea be ind combining 2 and 4 but would never act up on RL considering how horrific that would be. In sime light there is no correlation between violent video games and RL violence. But most pepole on this website are advocating for combination between 2 and 3. When it involves humans exclusive and as we know is impossible to carry out in RL. Which obviously sucks since this is the ultimate fantasy that none of us will be ever able to bring to reality (and if there is life after death lets hope we are brought into world where this is actually possible in casual manner). Unless someone finally goes all mad scientist and figure it all out how to make humans consume other humans by just opening their mouth wide and swallow them. With that said I personally think that there is some over lap with this and oral sex as oral fixation and sex are pretty common now days, so I wouldn't be suprised that many inviduals on here at least have had frequent thoughts when enganing in an oral sex that guys might secretly think amongst themselves that "I wish my girlfriend/boyfriend could take more of me into her mouth than just my genitals". or when guy/girl is eating a girl out She might think "I wish my boyfriend/girlfriend could lick more of my body at the same time than just my vagina". We can also have the combination of human and animals, its horrific thing to happen when 1. and 4. get combined in RL and I don't hink any sane person would want to end up being eaten by lions or tigers or dogs etc. This can also happen in fiction and it has occured in fairy tales and other types of fictins, though but I think most on here are looking for combination betwen 1 and 3. Now snake and whales might actually be able to swallow human being whole this in RL but I don't think anyone sane would want too throw themselves at next big snake they find or whale for that matter as that would result in instant death. It might be diffrent story if it wasnt' but thats not how reality works. When it comes to combing 1 and 3 it usually involves human eat or get eaten by animals that cannot swallow its prey whole and alive. We re seeing stories that involves humans eating dogs, or cats by swallowing them, or cats or dogs eating humans by swallowing them. This can also include herbivore animals getting consumed by the humans where the humans swallow them whole. Or on the flipside with performing an fantasy Xenophagy on humans by letting them swallow the humans such as having the horse and cows diet on the humans beings by swallowing them whole and alive al though in RL we might feel diffrently if horses and cows were able to consume humans. When humans interact with animals in vore its obviously an over lap with the controversal fetish of zoophila but I*m not going to spend time explain the diffrencess but I will only say this that I do belive that all fetishies overlap some where at some point, Being into one fetish will not automaticly result and interest in another fetish but that can happen over time. There is not much to say far as i*m concerned when itcomes to non-human animals only in vore, as their RL consumption as long as it doesn´t involve humans we actually don't mind. When it comes to fiction I don't think ther is much room for anyting if we include their actual mehtods of consumption, unless its about snakes.
(I might edit this later and elbrote futher at somepoint on some things)
rugli
Participator

Postby StarlingJay » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:57 am

So, cannibalism can be considered vore, but not all vore can be considered cannibalism. Cannibalism (within the human species) is a very specific sub-genre inside of vore; it's specifically person-on-person same-size hard vore, which is the only real scenario in which cannibalism occurs in actual practice. This is why I take issue with lumping all vore under the "cannibalism" umbrella, even if the species are the same. By strict definition of one creature consuming another of the same species, yes, all but feral vore could be considered cannibalism... but that would be completely ignoring the fact that vore cannot be accomplished in real life while cannibalism can, hence there's a difference and they're not one in the same. Someone can realistically be cannibalized and die, but no one can realistically be vored and die outside of the realm of cannibalization. Everyone here knows the difference between same-size hard vore (cannibalism) and something like macro/micro soft vore, so to say that they're the same thing just isn't true, and aside from the act of eating / consuming (which is the only reason they are both considered "vore"), they share nothing in common.

To explain it another way, think about the difference between a comedy and a horror movie. They are both movies at their core (like how cannibalism and vore are both consumption at their core), but a comedy and a horror movie are not the same. You will have certain expectations watching a comedy that you wouldn't have while watching a horror film and vice versa because they are fundamentally different, despite both being movies. Likewise, we have certain expectations when thinking about cannibalistic artwork (or the act of cannibalism in the real world) that we don't have when thinking about general vore art because we know that there's a difference between cannibalism and vore. Vore is really frickin' silly compared to cannibalism, what with the giant people romping around or people unhinging their jaws to swallow someone just as large as them whole and alive (which brings me to another difference between cannibalism and vore. We even change our language based on whichever one we're referring to. When we talk about the act of vore, "gulp", "swallow", and "swallow whole and alive" are the terms that we use most to describe the act. When we refer to the act of cannibalizing, we switch the language to "eat", "cook", "cannibalize", even "dismember" or "murder". This is because we instinctively recognize a strong distinction between the fantasy of vore and the act of cannibalism).

In short, cannibalism only equals vore by the literal dictionary definition, ignoring all nuance (and ignoring the definition of the word "vore", which involves eating prey alive, which cannibalism fails to do. So wait, doesn't that mean that cannibalism CAN'T ever be considered vore after all? Or do we just ignore the definition of what vore is supposed to be and only pay attention to the definition of cannibalism and make vore fit under that definition only?). But in practice, real-life, or actuality, they're not even close to being the same thing and the only thing they share in common is the act of eating a sentient being (or formerly sentient in the case of cannibalism, since the victim is already dead by the time the eating begins).
StarlingJay
New to the forum

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion