If there were a vore fetish cure, would you take it?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: If there were a vore fetish cure, would you take it?

Postby DragonPrey3200 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:32 am

Jayezox wrote:
Skittles209 wrote:To make use of my morbid humor and to borrow from some old high school inspiration. There is cure. Technically it is called lobotomy since any type of fetish is characterized as a mental illness. Or electrocuting the brain. Now that that's been said. I apologize to anyone who has been offended.

I know this is a joke, but that's like taking a pill that has a plethora of side effects. I would rather keep my emotions and neural functions in tact. I'm sure there are ways to condition yourself into not having strong feelings for vore, but there are other priorities I have and that would be time consuming.

Time consuming
When in doubt, conquer Poland.
DragonPrey3200
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zangoose » Mon May 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Absolutely. My vore fetish is honestly getting in the way of my life in so many ways. Forcing it out of my life would fix a lot of things, most likely.
Just your friendly neighborhood M/M enthusiast.

For Vore code, see https://bit.ly/2GoUFwl
Zangoose
Somewhat familiar

Postby blergle » Mon May 07, 2018 7:58 pm

I answered this thread about 11 years ago, wow. My answer remains the same, no, but since it's been so long I'll add to it. Still no, but why? Because I don't think liking vore is anything that qualifies to be "cured". I put it in exactly the same category as I put my likings for chocolate, kittens, leather jackets, electric blankets, sandalwood, classic rock, and any other perfectly subjective thing that brings me pleasure and harms no one. It's a kink, not a neurosis. I don't require it as a sexual trigger in order to function. It's not pathological, it interfered with exactly nothing in my life, and I enjoy it. That's not something that needs to be cured. If anything, it needs to be celebrated.
blergle
---

Postby merlovinit » Mon May 07, 2018 8:03 pm

I don't know. Vore is a very enjoyable and indulgent fetish but it's also something that you will almost never have in common with other people. I spend more time drawing vore than I do on any other type of artwork but I can't show it to any of my friends or family and will never get any sort of meaningful critical feedback on it.
merlovinit
Participator

Postby Herbnerb » Mon May 07, 2018 8:32 pm

That's gonna be a yes from me. I hate having to hide this fetish from s/o, I would take that cure in a heartbeat.
We are blood and vein, tree and sap, salt and sea.
Herbnerb
Somewhat familiar

Postby VelveteenDreams » Mon May 07, 2018 8:46 pm

No way. This is the best. Can't do it in real-life, but with my self destructive tendencies I probably wouldn't be alive if it was, so that's not even a problem. I've connected with so many good and wholesome people through this kink, and I plan of making commissions so it will be good for that too. It's caused me problems, no doubt, but I've taken the punches and gotten through them. It's my second favorite kink of all time and I'd be so boring without it.
~Respect Everybody~
VelveteenDreams
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ArcaneSigil » Mon May 07, 2018 8:55 pm

Two warring sides in my mind on this one. Yes, because vore seems to weasel its way into all of my stories and fanfics somehow these days. No, because it's a pretty interesting fetish that doesn't seem to have a true dark side. (Unless you count scat or fatal because you don't think those things are all that sexy or you're me)
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby MeTheMe » Tue May 08, 2018 6:29 am

I remember saying it before in a similar thread, but I am absurdly uncomfortable with anything that changes my brain that drastically. I'm waaay not okay with a pill that just removes a part of my, any part of me, that's terrifying! Just as well, my fetish doesn't affect my regular life that much, if at all, my fetish isn't actually hurting anyone despite how strange it is, and if someone wasn't okay with this part of me they may only see in snippets, if at all, than screw them, I don't need them if they're gonna be a jerk about something that doesn't affect them! I am who I am, I've come a long way in accepting me for me, and having self confidence and now, I have no reason to throw away some part of me I enjoy. Screw that!
Have a taste of my art if want! https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/MeTheMe

My Seeking RP Thread viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11807
MeTheMe
Semi-final Boss

Postby xmarkx » Sat May 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Only if voraphilia ever became a mental illness and severe addiction to me to the point it is heavily harming my life.
xmarkx
Somewhat familiar

Postby tigercloud » Thu May 17, 2018 9:35 am

It would be cool to have a Poll on this~

But I think I would not do it, I enjoy it way to much! And I think it would be some kind of sad to left all this behind me, as if nothing was before
Angel GTS Vore-Artist - My Gallery
---
Check out the Ekas Disinterest Filter
tigercloud
Participator

Postby jaggedjagd » Thu May 17, 2018 9:39 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Elibelly » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:02 pm

I feel like asking this question is a bit more complicated then a yes or no, and forces me to reflect and see how I have grown as a person with vore. Idk how unique I am compared to the rest of eka's portal but I'm a transgender demisexual woman that still is trying to work out my sexuality but I'm fem leaning. With that being said I don't think with just that short description having vore as a fetish has been easy for me. I have had some ups and downs with it and have grown as a person greatly since my discovery of it, and as I grew it has become much easier for me as a person to handle and because of this growth I feel it's as much a part of me as being transgender. So in short, I feel saying getting rid of these fetish would just cancel all the growth and progress I have made with myself, and I find all that effort worth it.

P.S. my first post here I have been so scared for so long about people finding out I haven't made an account in the 7+ years enjoying everyone's work :3
Elibelly
New to the forum

Postby N-Mario » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:32 pm

If there was a poll with just yes or no, the majority of the votes here would say no. We love what we like, and there's nothing you can do to prevent what we love. To eat, or be eaten/swallowed. In my case, be swallowed whole. :D
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby Mech__Warrior » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:26 pm

I feel this is more of a question on self acceptance if anything. Why would I want to change something about myself that I have no problem with? I've known that I've been into vore since I was 4, it's a part of who I am.
Sorry for not posting, in college and stuff. Also, exams are this week. >.<
Mech__Warrior
???

Location: You could be proxy man. IMMA FIREWALLIN' MAH LAZOR!!

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:46 pm

Not a fucking chance.

I'm fulfilled by this thing. In more ways than just sexually. It is my pride to create content that people value.

I only want to do more for these people that appreciate my work. Especially for those that support it.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby 32n59Deleted » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:41 am

Yes. I don't glorify it as being "part of my who I am" like many here do, vore does not offer anything outside of itself as a positive to me other than the satisfaction I get from it... only by virtue of me having this fetish. I'm pretty sure if I didn't have it, my sexualized attraction towards other things that I mentally value more would be stronger.
32n59Deleted
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby delet609hw6bn3296 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:44 am

I hope so. It would simplify my life just a tad.
delet609hw6bn3296
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby BellyOfTheBitch » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:58 am

This is an interesting question, and my answer depends on what exactly a "cure" means

If it meant that I'd stop having these kinks tomorrow, then no. I wouldn't want to replace a big source of, errrrr, personal entertainment, with nothing.

If it meant being born with vanilla turn-ons, then it would be a harder decision. I've tried to separate who I feel I am as a person as much as possible from this fetish, so I don't strongly feel that it's a part of my identity. I've never had any tension about whether to tell friends. I don't feel that I need to know or even want to know what turns them on, so there's no reason that they should know that kind of information about me. I've never told intimate partners, either, since I'm not sure how they'll take it, and I wouldn't want them to feel that they had to go along with it in any way. It can be frustrating and it's not fun having something to hide. It'd be a much tougher decision if I had the option to just go back and never have it in the first place.
BellyOfTheBitch
Been posting for a bit

Postby mojo-2131285 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:12 am

Yes. It's a huge distraction and I have problems revealing it to women.
AD SIDERA!!!
mojo-2131285
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Re:

Postby fieldmousse » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Humbug wrote:There is a cure for it: Being eaten. Tends to cure just about everything, really...'cept feeling like shit, I guess. It might compound that problem.

:lol: This made me laugh

I think maybe if my paraphilia was affecting my life negatively, i.e. distracting me from work, making me more antisocial, not taking care of myself etc then I might seek help. But I don't think vore would be the cause of those problems, just a way of dealing with other problems that need fixing. A "cure" should fix those problems instead.

And besides, there are ways to reduce or get rid of fetishes (see sexual reconditioning)
fieldmousse
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion