How Nice or Cruel do You Like Your Predators?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

How nice or cruel do you prefer the predator to be in vore stories?

1 - Very kind
13%
14%
3 - Middle of the road
28%
21%
5 - Very mean
24%

Total votes : 247

Re: How Nice or Cruel do You Like Your Predators?

Postby N-Mario » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:03 pm

i like my predators to be very nice, also very cute. :-D
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby Scrumptious » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:42 pm

I went for 2, between 'Very Kind' and 'Middle of the Road.

For many of those writing, I realize that it doesn't make that much sense - but... sexual kink fantasy. Paradox is just part of the package.

I guess how I'd describe it is that she cares for me and is kind to me, but becoming her sustenance (and, yes, death is implied) is simply something that needs to happen. Not because she couldn't feed herself in some other way, but it's the way in which she and I will be united forever. She wants to possess me in this ultimate way, just as I yearn to belong to her.

Maybe there's a rationalization that if she doesn't swallow me up, then her cat will inevitably get me instead. That would just be a horrific and bloody mess, so death-by-digestion inside of her is a soft mercy by comparison. However, it's also implied that we both know that this is just a rationalization, rather than the real rationale.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby JettCabino » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:17 pm

Honestly, my preferences for preds can range from nice to playful to lewd to cruel, but my go to preference for their stomach's innate digestive process is always cruel.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=57209
My rp interests ^^^
JettCabino
Somewhat familiar

Postby SinLion » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:26 pm

My taste is a little inconsistent I think but I tend to enjoy preds that lean towards being gentle and at least when I RP the preds I play as hover around a 1 or 2. I do still quite enjoy the occasional cruel predator but at least when I'm RPing I struggle a lot with playing a good convincing mean pred since all of my characters are gentle giants hahah
SinLion
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dudeox05 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:35 pm

I want my predator to be loving and kind, but I want her guts to be utterly merciless once she has me down her throat~ <3 :gulp:
-D
Dudeox05
Participator

Postby Sitharc » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:41 am

I said 3 as some mix is always great, but I do tend to prefer preds that are kinder and all that. Even when feel like a meaner one, I never cared for the angle where the pred tells the prey what they have planned for them and spend time torturing them with that before even eating them at all. I find it better that the prey has no idea they are doomed till it's too late AS or just right before it starts... I feel prey put up a better struggle and give a better overall reaction when what happens to them is just sudden rather than getting a lot of it out of them over the hours/days/weeks/months spent tormenting them with how plan to eat them... Can still be good too of course, just tends to be better for me when the prey is clueless they are about to die soon.

Even with a meaner one, she should be more concerned about making sure she doesn't get caught or found out. Kinda hard to taunt your prey farther if get arrested. That said, even if the prey usually can't hear it in my ideas, I love it when a pred teases and taunts their unfortunate food and their imminent demise via digestion.

Regardless if she's nice or mean to her prey beforehand, the insides will be slow and ruthless with the digestion! I love loving mother or big sisters and such as preds, somehow doing what they are doing to a loved one... The irony of someone who loves you, who'd just hug you, protect you, pamper you, etc... is the one slowly killing you within their flesh.

Related to this, I like affectionate cruelty too, where the pred talks/acts all kind and gentle... but there's a cruel undertone to it all if that makes any sense... Like imagine a pred who sings/hums a lullaby to their prey as their prey dissolves slowly within them. Yet not necessarily guilty or regretful at all during the process. Or even if that happens, doesn't affect them as much as you'd think it would.

Had another point to add, but been blanking on it. Just remembered! I love the concept of 'it can be anyone', so it makes sense for a lot of predators to be the seemingly perfect girls that are nice and sweet to everyone... and maybe they are, but they sometimes digest others alive for sick kicks.
Sitharc
---

Postby Ixtili » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:26 pm

I like them to be an odd mix of both, I like twisted romance and possessive vore so the idea of a predator who is gentle but uncompromising, who teases you but does not dig too deep. Who in some ways treats you callously but who will remember you long after you've been written off by the rest of the world. The predator's motivation for eating you is attraction and intimacy but your going to die in their stomach and in a lot of cases the preds I imagine are also soul eaters so your fate is really not necessarily a good one from an existential perspective even if your afterlife just consists of them showering you with affection. Espeacially because in a lot of cases they are not human and have alien notions of what counts as affection. Basically if Eldritch horror was about the alien god thing actually caring but having no regard for how terrifying that version of caring was for the object of affection. That's how I like my predators.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Bard302 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:26 am

It really depends. I love gentle preds as well as cruel ones. What's important for me is that they feel human. A big part of the appeal vore for me is the taboo aspect of it, the fact that the pred is aware that what they're doing is wrong but still do it, because they can't help it, the temptation/hunger being too powerful to resist. However, that taboo aspect is often absent, unfortunately, from a lot of writing on this site: for example, when the prey is over the top evil or when they play off the act as just a normal thing. Admitedly, it can often be attributed to bad writing, which is to be expected in a platform were eveyone is free to share their work. It still really puts me off personally.
Bard302
Been posting for a bit

Postby Heedless » Mon May 03, 2021 9:31 pm

I like mean preds in terms of creating horrifying scenarios and teasing/terrifying their victims. Not so much ones that inflict physical torture.
'Voronica Goes to Town' the animated predatory life-sim! https://heedless.itch.io/voronica-goes-to-town-a-vore-adventure
Heedless
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sitharc » Sat May 08, 2021 3:20 pm

Bard302 wrote:It really depends. I love gentle preds as well as cruel ones. What's important for me is that they feel human. A big part of the appeal vore for me is the taboo aspect of it, the fact that the pred is aware that what they're doing is wrong but still do it, because they can't help it, the temptation/hunger being too powerful to resist. However, that taboo aspect is often absent, unfortunately, from a lot of writing on this site: for example, when the prey is over the top evil or when they play off the act as just a normal thing. Admitedly, it can often be attributed to bad writing, which is to be expected in a platform were eveyone is free to share their work. It still really puts me off personally.

With over the top evil ones, can still show that aspect if make effort to, but otherwise, I agree.

Might not always show it in stuff commission, but least in my head the pred involves know at some point to an extent that what they are doing... is in fact wrong, and in best cases... even aware it's a horrible crime!

The worst is when they just act like it's normal and more so when others around her do so as well, rather than being horrified and disgusted with their actions. They just committed murder! Or at least is still in the process of doing do if victim is still alive inside.
Sitharc
---

Postby NyaatoShiroi » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:44 am

I mainly specializing in fatal vore with unwilling prey, so 5+.
Predator must be cruel and sadistic enough to satisfy my tastes)
I am create an peace within chaos i have in my doomed mind ♪
NyaatoShiroi
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby currant » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:15 pm

I went for 2. My pred should care for me and my feelings, but still be determined enough to do what has to be done no matter what.
currant
Been posting for a bit

Postby GastricAztec » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:56 pm

I like the idea of a girl or woman who is bent in swallowing a shrunken captive, but her friend is a good person and talks her out of it. Having that dichotomy of both an evil and good character interacting makes for better drama in my opinion.
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby cranberryknights1 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:12 am

I prefer non fatal vore, so when it comes to cruel pred's its more in the form of humiliating the prey and in that regard I love it when the pred does not hold back and in my fantasies is allowed to be as mean and insulting as can be.
cranberryknights1
Participator

Postby NyaatoShiroi » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:36 pm

Sometimes it's really depending to situation.
I am create an peace within chaos i have in my doomed mind ♪
NyaatoShiroi
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheZDude » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:08 pm

I like both extremes. For unwilling vore, a pred that will torment their prey as cruelly as possible is my go-to. For something more cozy, an adorable and loving pred is preferable. It's hard to be snuggled up and safe inside someone who's always mean to you. With that said, I do like safe vore with a bit of a dominant edge, with the pred very clearly exercising and displaying their power over their favorite snack.
TheZDude
Been posting for a bit

Postby EvangelineSkypaw » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:11 pm

I prefer willing vore with a really kind, caring pred. Kinda like Fluttershy, from Friendship is Magic.

I like consensual teasing, too, like maybe "if you don't cuddle me enough before falling asleep in there, I'll digest you~" but it's only ever a tease; the pred wouldn't really do it.

Feminine preds who love their prey are my favorite~

Then again, vore for the sake of justice is really cool, too. The pred is ultimately protecting others by digesting someone else, in which case, a liiiiittle bit of cruelty is fun.
Affectionate nomming is so cute~! <3
EvangelineSkypaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ixtili » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:31 pm

Bard302 wrote:It really depends. I love gentle preds as well as cruel ones. What's important for me is that they feel human. A big part of the appeal vore for me is the taboo aspect of it, the fact that the pred is aware that what they're doing is wrong but still do it, because they can't help it, the temptation/hunger being too powerful to resist. However, that taboo aspect is often absent, unfortunately, from a lot of writing on this site: for example, when the prey is over the top evil or when they play off the act as just a normal thing. Admitedly, it can often be attributed to bad writing, which is to be expected in a platform were eveyone is free to share their work. It still really puts me off personally.

I think casual vore and over the top evil preds are actual fetishes in and of themselves rather than just a question of writing quality. In general I'd say only a small number of fetish artists should be objectively judged on their quality and even then only if they clearly consider it a matter of craft. A lot of fetish artists are NOT doing it for an audience or at least not initially.

I will grant you that for people with less developed tastes what already exists can influence them though. I'll also grant you that by no stretch of the imagination is most fetish art "good" but I'd also argue that quality control is more a hindrance than a help to most fetish writers. Save perhaps for spelling, grammar and spacing. Pacing is also important though. Character development and depth? That's entirely dependent on what their fetish actually is and how it manifests.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VorishHorish » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:02 am

I’d say 5 for me because I really like it when the pred doesn’t have any care for the preys sake, and that they’re just food to them and nothing else. But I also like it when the pred is deliberately mean to show that it won or that it’s more dominant.
You just got Bruhed
VorishHorish
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion