Death potential in non-fatal vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Death potential in non-fatal vore

Postby GastricAztec » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:54 pm

This is a question for people interested in non-fatal vore scenarios. In a story that is labeled non-fatal vore, do you like it when the prey has the possibility of dying, but because of luck or the whim of the predator, he survives?
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Re: Death potential in non-fatal vore

Postby Cuddlekins » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:59 pm

Honestly, one of the only ways I can appreciate non-fatal is if there's that added peril of near-digestion or something similar happening that adds a bit of suspense at the end o: I wrote a story like that a while ago (five years, already? Goddamn D:) and it seems to be one of my more popular ones, sooo yeah o:
***Cuddlekins Vore Stories (May contain LOLI)
***FF14 GPose Vore Comics
(Mostly macro/micro F/f, some ?/F, some monster girl same-size.)
Cuddlekins
Participator

Postby N-Mario » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:26 pm

The only scenario I can see from death by non-fatal vore is if the prey doesn't have any air left. Oer perhaps the prey just knock themselves out either of frustration of being eaten, or just doesn't want to live anymore.
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby GastricAztec » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:02 pm

N-Mario wrote:The only scenario I can see from death by non-fatal vore is if the prey doesn't have any air left. Oer perhaps the prey just knock themselves out either of frustration of being eaten, or just doesn't want to live anymore.

When I say non-fatal vore I just mean the outcome doesn’t result in death. One scenario would be a shrunken man is in a woman’s hand, and she decides to swallow him and digest him. After swallowing him, she decides to let him live, so she vomits him up.
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby Rat_Guy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:45 pm

I do like that allot actually, It feels natural. It adds a bit of fun suspense and tension to the story/art. And if people will indulge my shameless self promotion: I just published a story that heavily features that exact scenario
Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Postby OhSevenTen » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:34 pm

If a story were tagged "non-fatal," and I had very little else to go on, I would probably enjoy it regardless of the existence of a fear of death or not; Non-fatal is my favorite tag.
My absolute favorite is cutesy, lovey-dovey pred/prey relationships, wherein the pred has no intention whatsoever of harming the prey.
That is my favorite, but I enjoy all non-fatal scenarios. No matter the chance of death!
I like writing OC & fanfic stories! :)
Mostly non-fatal, Endo-type stuff.
https://aryion.com/g4/user/OhSevenTen
OhSevenTen
New to the forum

Postby The_Prof » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:30 pm

in my case the danger is half the fun of the vore. Even in scenarios where it's consentual non fatal vore it shows the bond between the two in that one of them is willing to risk their lives just to give some time of happiness to their partner... And it also opens up the path to my true favorite type of vore which is accidental. I love scenarios when a pred plans to let their prey out peacefully and through one reason or another by the time they get the chance it's well past the point of no return. Bonus points to the scenario when the pred doesn't even realize what happened to the prey until they see the aftermath of what they did (either seeing how much the prey added to their body in the mirror or if you're into the bigger extreme only after a bathroom trip to they figure out things went bad)
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:59 pm

My writing mostly features non-fatal where protective magic provides air and a defensive transmutation that simulates digestion, allowing the prey to be disposed of normally (for a given value of "normal"), dismiss the protective spell, and escape. It is not perfect, however: dispel magic at the wrong time can remove the protection resulting in a fatal outcome if the prey is still in the stomach or a fatal outcome for both predator and prey if the latter is flowing through the former's intestines. Likewise, after disposal, if the prey is scattered before the magic is dismissed, dispelled, or expires, the usual result is death. In some cases, the prey will not know that they are protected by such magic, although they may be suspicious when they find they aren't asphyxiating in the stomach or when they undergo the comparatively rapid conversion to chyme yet find they are still alive and flowing through the gut of their devourer. Even there, the prey may not be sure what happened or if they are truly alive; they may think their spirit is trapped in the creature's gut or something.

The reason for such magic to exist in the setting is that female wild elf druids first developed it as a defense against being swallowed whole and alive; even they cannot say if the pleasure the spell grants during the digestive process is intentional or a side effect since the druid that first designed it is no longer known or around to ask. My reason for adding such magic is that it makes it more interesting for the prey: realistically, even if they were swallowed alive they would quickly smother in the stomach and only get to experience 20% of their visceral voyage.To me, that's like planning a flight from New York City to Los Angeles and landing in Pittsburg.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Miridium » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:56 am

I do yeah. If there's no sense of danger involved, things get boring pretty quickly.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby quickcrunch » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:14 pm

I love danger, and fearplay so it is totally something I am into, and always try to do in rps, or stories I write! I also do a lot of close to fatal encounters where the prey really feels like they may get digested, but then the pred may be convinced to spit the prey out for a number of reasons. Sometimes I have the prey get half digested, and then have to be half reformed back by some sort of method. Super fun to play with for me.
quickcrunch
Somewhat familiar

Postby EnderDracolich » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:36 pm

SamuelOrona wrote:This is a question for people interested in non-fatal vore scenarios. In a story that is labeled non-fatal vore, do you like it when the prey has the possibility of dying, but because of luck or the whim of the predator, he survives?

I don't mind peril as long as the prey survives.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Nobodyman » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:48 pm

Yep. Definitely a big fan of this and most of my stories are structured this way. I'm mainly a fan of unwilling prey, so I like there to at least be the threat of death/digestion. And if the prey survives then it eases my conscience :P
Nobodyman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby N-Mario » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:27 am

Oh... So... Non fatal vore where as in basically soft vore, where the prey is taken to the predator's belly, and spits them out. Yea, I've been fond of this scenario. My aquatic predators do this all the time.

But still the possibility of dying? Nah..... It's all friendly here on my side.
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby coop500 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:09 am

SamuelOrona wrote:This is a question for people interested in non-fatal vore scenarios. In a story that is labeled non-fatal vore, do you like it when the prey has the possibility of dying, but because of luck or the whim of the predator, he survives?

Depends? Only on a 'soft' scale. I do not like prey that are immune to digestion or otherwise have no reason to care, that to me takes the interesting factor out of the story.

I do prefer when the prey's life is in the predator's hand, but not in a malicious way. He chooses NOT to digest her, because he never wanted to hurt her. But it is still up to him, which could either be a comfort, or a concern, depending on the prey's level of trust. But I never like predators that intend to harm the prey at all.

Generally I prefer nervously willing, or unwilling to willing. So it's not always 100% rainbows and sunshine, but... 90% lol.
I don't like stuff like... the predator can't sleep or he'll digest the prey, that's a nope, I like sleepy/snuggly predators and prey.
I also am not a fan of time limits, as I enjoy a range of times with shortest being overnight.

So I suppose, I like for the prey to have to trust the predator, but I do not like for there to be an active threat? It loses the comforting, cozy aspect that I enjoy about vore.

But prey that are immune/unaffected? Yeah that's not my cup of tea personally, and is also why I am not a fan of reformation (among other reasons.)
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Kitsouille » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:25 pm

Oh yes totally, in fact I love it. Just the pred's mouth being all sorts of dangerous, with a scary or threatening personality... and actually it's non-fatal and the tiny isn't even hurt. Being eaten alongside food that is being chewed and miraculously avoiding any of it, imagining the tiny being thrown around in a dangerous maw and ending up only covered in drool... falling inside the stomach in a pit of sliced up food that was part of the same mouthful they were.

Heck, even just for mouthplay this is awesome.
Kitsouille
???

Postby fearseven » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:09 am

Non-death is actually the only vore I can look at. I think I am more into the prey being seduced than destroyed. I never really understood the appeal personally; why destroy something that gives you joy? To be honest I think that means I am not actually vore but enjoy certain elements of it.
fearseven
New to the forum

Postby MerrySue1982 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:24 pm

I actual like the concept of undying prey. Meaning whatever happens, the prey survives. Even after digestion she may just has to endure the humilation of beeing transformed into waste. But she will reform after some while.

But never finished a non-fatal story yet. Because if i try something like this it always grows out of hand. Because i think using an undying prey also means there must be more as one situation where becoming prey actual is helpful for the prey.
Meaning the perfect undying prey not enjoys it and tries to avoid it. But it may has to become food sometimes to save others.

One concept i was playing around with as an example was a girl having the super power to manipulate reality everytime someone transforms her into food. A hungry woodcutter that eats her would suddenly already have delivered the ordered wood once she is reborn. But he would not remember to have eaten her.
MerrySue1982
Participator

Return to General Vore Discussion