Is there a 'Simple' Vore RP Mechanic?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Is there a 'Simple' Vore RP Mechanic?

Postby TimObberon » Sat May 08, 2021 11:09 am

Hey everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone had developed some simple roleyplaying mechanics that would be well suited for a vore roleplay. I know that there is a DND Vore Mechanic out there, which is great but there is a knowledge gate to being able to use such a system that I feel it would be difficult to truly capture the interests of most non-DND roleplayers.

The Fate System was designed for story telling and I believe with the intention to simplify gameplay. This is just an example, as much as I have worked with Fate (not much) I haven't really found a light-weight way to introduce it into a vore roleplay.

Rather than dive into the sea of systems that exist, I wanted to get the communitiy's thoughts on a way to add some mechanics to a vore roleplay that would make it more interesting.

A few things I think that could be useful for an RP would be:

Hunger
How hungry is the predator? For those who prefer being compelled to eat a prey, this would give them a pretense to work off of. In general, the higher the hunger gets the more desperate the predator would become.

Resolve
How well can the predator resist their temptation to eat the prey. Failing dice checks against this, would mean that the prey is going to get gobbled.

Digestion Damage
A slow digestion starts at this stage, and each turn the digestion dice is rolled against the preys

Struggle
While being devoured the prey would have several rounds to which they would be able to struggle against the predator devouring them. Based on how poorly the prey struggles against the total digestion damage, would indicate how much health they lose.

Nausea
The prey could potentially induce nausea in the predator compelling them to unwillingly release them under certain circumstances. This would be performed through several roles, but would like have some mechanism to reduce nausea as well.

Pleasure
Perhaps as opposed to nausea there is pleasure, which if completely reached the predator would consign to release their prey.

Prey Health
With varying degrees of health, the affects of digestion would have a negating effect on the prey. Until they were completely digested and ready to be disposed of. These consequences would be things like reduced dice rolls and increased damage by digestion.

I think this would be an easy system to put in place and it wouldn't require the players to create complicated character sheets, while at the same time it could enable some degree of variety to the roleplay.

Has anyone come across anything like this? Do you have any ideas on how such a system could be easily implemented?
TimObberon
Been posting for a bit

Re: Is there a 'Simple' Vore RP Mechanic?

Postby Gah » Sat May 08, 2021 3:20 pm

I made a system for [[Vore_and_Vanquish]], though most of that project itself is currently a hot mess and I'm taking a break from it as I had to revamp it a few times. But the an overview of the core vore systems might help.

This was a more combat focused game, so the vore system was built with that in mind. Vore itself was something that would spring up naturally while players were engaged in combat. These 'vore of opportunity' I still think is kinda key if your going to incorporate vore into anything that's combat heavy.

It went through a few different variations, and is still a work in progress. One was having a 'voo die' that would trigger vore when rolling certain numbers. Another was 'double evens on d20/dmg dice = you preform vore as pred, and double odds you do as prey'. But the key thing is, is having vore happen without players having to really -force- it to happen.
Which, in my opinion, is a problem with a lot of TTRPG systems with vore added. It's hard to get players to do something that is deliberately very far from optimal. So having it have a chance to happen without them thinking about it creates more opportunities for it to happen.

Another thing I've settled on being a common theme is having struggle of prey linked to health in some way. So, the more damage people take, the more chance they have to be eaten. Usually, my struggle/prey checks in corporate there health somehow. In the chat, you are limited to standard dice, so you can roll 1d(anything).. So typically, I have the struggle roll 1d(hp) or something like that. Having it so that prey are nearly impossible to eat at first. Something like, 20 hp to start versus a predator having something like 1d8 for there ability to eat.

Of coarse, this is all based on a more combat focused play, and I'm not sure that's what you're looking for. But some of this knowledge/thoughts might be transferable.

Right now I'm working on another system that's more board game like, that should be more easy to digest than V&V was. But, that's still a WIP.
Gah
Participator

Postby Assimilation » Sat May 08, 2021 5:53 pm

What's the use-case? If you're looking for something for both parties to roll to add some neutral arbitrator in 1-on-1 private/chat roleplay, you could probably simplify that further.

Hunger and resolve are opposing forces on the same axis—we can make assumptions that the predator's hunger and resolve combine into a singular stat, probably still best be called Hunger but perhaps Drive or Impulse if you want to distinguish between the predator's actual hunger (linked to their stomach and brain) and their desire to just liquify someone into mush (linked purely to their brain) for gratification.

Struggle could be the ultimate name of any action, or collection of actions within a timeframe/paragraph, undertaken by the prey to resist being eaten as well as to get out. Once eaten, successes on the Struggle against the predator's Hunger will increase the predator's Nausea/Pleasure, and if the Nausea/Pleasure ever exceeds the Hunger, then the predator releases the prey. You could combine both concepts of Nausea and Pleasure into Regret, but if you'd prefer to keep the name suggestive of the right emotion, you could choose one of those two names scenario-by-scenario depending on what the RPers prefer.

Digestion damage doesn't have to be its own value, but rather derived as the result of a Struggle's failure subtracted from the Hunger value. It could also just be 1 mark off the Prey Health tracker, which could just be a 3-stage tracker. If you want this to be a lightweight system, I wouldn't suggest using penalties at each state, but you could slot it in here if you desired them.

=System Example=

1) Two people set up for a scenario. Predator starts with 6 + 2d6 Hunger Drive, getting a total of 13 with a bog-average roll. A predator with 8 Hunger knows to roleplay with being flighty, unsure, internally conflicted—or absolutely stuffed, maybe with thoughts of yesterday's stomachache or burning asshole still hot on their mind. A predator with 18 Hunger is cued to embody someone with aggression, wild abandon for smaller social norms, perhaps a lust for fear... or just an inexorable, endless pit of ravening driving them forward to EAT despite any resolve that would have been there otherwise.
    2) The players begin exposition. They describe their cat-and-mouse chase (perhaps literal) in ways they enjoy, and whenever someone thinks the prey needs to "test" the predator's Hunger with the recent actions described, the prey rolls 3d6 if you want on-average for the prey to lose with a chance of extending the chase (10.5 average), or adjust it if you want it to be easier or harder for the vore to be initiated. If the prey's roll is below the predator's Hunger, the struggle fails; if it is equal or greater, it succeeds.
      2a) Failure can mean instant gobbling, or perhaps just strike 1 of 3 where the third failure is gobbling, or if you're doing a play-by-play it can be every swallow the predator does with description of how far down the body the pred's mouth has gone; it's whatever feels right in the scene.
      2b) If the Struggle failure means swallowing, success could mean incrementing the Nausea/Pleasure by 1, so that there's still roleplay "value" to be gained by the prey teasing/resisting the predator, but you don't really want the scenario to end without the prey at least hitting the stomach I assume. If it's progress into the stomach with every failure, then a success could be halting progress along with +1 in Nausea/Pleasure, and two successes in a row can even be a reversal of progress.
    3) Once the prey is in the belly, the parties continue to roleplay as they would. Whenever the scenario seems to call for it, which can include the conditions of the stomach just worsening over time, the predator can test the prey to Struggle against the predator's Hunger. If the Struggle roll fails, the prey is now In Peril. RP, RP, RP, failing the second Struggle test means the prey is Digesting. RP, RP, a third failed Struggle test means the prey is Defeated, and you guys get to close out with final scenes as you wish—fade to black, disposal, remembrance, gloating, next prey, etc.
    4) Any successes on the Struggles, though, will not progress the prey along those 3 stages. Instead, Nausea/Pleasure will increase by a number equal to the Struggle result minus the Hunger value. If you want a feedback loop to make the end more prone to upsets, an In-Peril prey might be able to roll their Struggle twice and use the higher result, and a Digesting prey might roll thrice and use the highest result.
    5) If the predator's Nausea/Pleasure is higher than its Hunger, the predator releases the prey either from a physically-upset stomach or a change of heart overriding the hunger—or perhaps both parties agree to keep the prey in the pred without digestion. Roleplay the end of the scene as you would.

Does this seem simple enough? Or perhaps too simple? Since you kept just saying "roleplay" without reiterating about DND or Fate, I was assuming you wanted to have the lightweight system so you wouldn't have to borrow from tabletop vore rules.
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TimObberon » Sun May 09, 2021 6:34 am

Assimilation wrote:What's the use-case? If you're looking for something for both parties to roll to add some neutral arbitrator in 1-on-1 private/chat roleplay, you could probably simplify that further.

Hunger and resolve are opposing forces on the same axis—we can make assumptions that the predator's hunger and resolve combine into a singular stat, probably still best be called Hunger but perhaps Drive or Impulse if you want to distinguish between the predator's actual hunger (linked to their stomach and brain) and their desire to just liquify someone into mush (linked purely to their brain) for gratification.

Struggle could be the ultimate name of any action, or collection of actions within a timeframe/paragraph, undertaken by the prey to resist being eaten as well as to get out. Once eaten, successes on the Struggle against the predator's Hunger will increase the predator's Nausea/Pleasure, and if the Nausea/Pleasure ever exceeds the Hunger, then the predator releases the prey. You could combine both concepts of Nausea and Pleasure into Regret, but if you'd prefer to keep the name suggestive of the right emotion, you could choose one of those two names scenario-by-scenario depending on what the RPers prefer.

Digestion damage doesn't have to be its own value, but rather derived as the result of a Struggle's failure subtracted from the Hunger value. It could also just be 1 mark off the Prey Health tracker, which could just be a 3-stage tracker. If you want this to be a lightweight system, I wouldn't suggest using penalties at each state, but you could slot it in here if you desired them.

=System Example=

1) Two people set up for a scenario. Predator starts with 6 + 2d6 Hunger Drive, getting a total of 13 with a bog-average roll. A predator with 8 Hunger knows to roleplay with being flighty, unsure, internally conflicted—or absolutely stuffed, maybe with thoughts of yesterday's stomachache or burning asshole still hot on their mind. A predator with 18 Hunger is cued to embody someone with aggression, wild abandon for smaller social norms, perhaps a lust for fear... or just an inexorable, endless pit of ravening driving them forward to EAT despite any resolve that would have been there otherwise.
    2) The players begin exposition. They describe their cat-and-mouse chase (perhaps literal) in ways they enjoy, and whenever someone thinks the prey needs to "test" the predator's Hunger with the recent actions described, the prey rolls 3d6 if you want on-average for the prey to lose with a chance of extending the chase (10.5 average), or adjust it if you want it to be easier or harder for the vore to be initiated. If the prey's roll is below the predator's Hunger, the struggle fails; if it is equal or greater, it succeeds.
      2a) Failure can mean instant gobbling, or perhaps just strike 1 of 3 where the third failure is gobbling, or if you're doing a play-by-play it can be every swallow the predator does with description of how far down the body the pred's mouth has gone; it's whatever feels right in the scene.
      2b) If the Struggle failure means swallowing, success could mean incrementing the Nausea/Pleasure by 1, so that there's still roleplay "value" to be gained by the prey teasing/resisting the predator, but you don't really want the scenario to end without the prey at least hitting the stomach I assume. If it's progress into the stomach with every failure, then a success could be halting progress along with +1 in Nausea/Pleasure, and two successes in a row can even be a reversal of progress.
    3) Once the prey is in the belly, the parties continue to roleplay as they would. Whenever the scenario seems to call for it, which can include the conditions of the stomach just worsening over time, the predator can test the prey to Struggle against the predator's Hunger. If the Struggle roll fails, the prey is now In Peril. RP, RP, RP, failing the second Struggle test means the prey is Digesting. RP, RP, a third failed Struggle test means the prey is Defeated, and you guys get to close out with final scenes as you wish—fade to black, disposal, remembrance, gloating, next prey, etc.
    4) Any successes on the Struggles, though, will not progress the prey along those 3 stages. Instead, Nausea/Pleasure will increase by a number equal to the Struggle result minus the Hunger value. If you want a feedback loop to make the end more prone to upsets, an In-Peril prey might be able to roll their Struggle twice and use the higher result, and a Digesting prey might roll thrice and use the highest result.
    5) If the predator's Nausea/Pleasure is higher than its Hunger, the predator releases the prey either from a physically-upset stomach or a change of heart overriding the hunger—or perhaps both parties agree to keep the prey in the pred without digestion. Roleplay the end of the scene as you would.

Does this seem simple enough? Or perhaps too simple? Since you kept just saying "roleplay" without reiterating about DND or Fate, I was assuming you wanted to have the lightweight system so you wouldn't have to borrow from tabletop vore rules.

You are spot on that is pretty brilliant. The use case is to be an add on to 1-1 text based roleplay. You are right the system mechanics don't matter. I did make a similar system a while back and the consequences bogged things down. The dice mechanics as I had created them were heavy and sort of contradictory. Funnily enough the prey did manage to escape maybe 3 out of 10 times.

You shared something pretty excellent here! Thank you.
Last edited by TimObberon on Sun May 09, 2021 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
TimObberon
Been posting for a bit

Postby TimObberon » Sun May 09, 2021 6:53 am

Gah wrote:I made a system for [[Vore_and_Vanquish]], though most of that project itself is currently a hot mess and I'm taking a break from it as I had to revamp it a few times. But the an overview of the core vore systems might help.

This was a more combat focused game, so the vore system was built with that in mind. Vore itself was something that would spring up naturally while players were engaged in combat. These 'vore of opportunity' I still think is kinda key if your going to incorporate vore into anything that's combat heavy.

It went through a few different variations, and is still a work in progress. One was having a 'voo die' that would trigger vore when rolling certain numbers. Another was 'double evens on d20/dmg dice = you preform vore as pred, and double odds you do as prey'. But the key thing is, is having vore happen without players having to really -force- it to happen.
Which, in my opinion, is a problem with a lot of TTRPG systems with vore added. It's hard to get players to do something that is deliberately very far from optimal. So having it have a chance to happen without them thinking about it creates more opportunities for it to happen.

Another thing I've settled on being a common theme is having struggle of prey linked to health in some way. So, the more damage people take, the more chance they have to be eaten. Usually, my struggle/prey checks in corporate there health somehow. In the chat, you are limited to standard dice, so you can roll 1d(anything).. So typically, I have the struggle roll 1d(hp) or something like that. Having it so that prey are nearly impossible to eat at first. Something like, 20 hp to start versus a predator having something like 1d8 for there ability to eat.

Of coarse, this is all based on a more combat focused play, and I'm not sure that's what you're looking for. But some of this knowledge/thoughts might be transferable.

Right now I'm working on another system that's more board game like, that should be more easy to digest than V&V was. But, that's still a WIP.

Assimilations suggestions would seem to be perfect for the kind of approach I would like to take. I agree with you, I love the idea of something that compels players to act. This allows two people to have a fairly normal rp in any type of setting but create some context of pacing. I think RPs sometime struggle in that area.
TimObberon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gah » Mon May 10, 2021 7:16 am

Neat well, have a look at this is you like. Like I said, it's a hot mess. This system went through several rewrites, and the profile never kept up with what system I was running because of how much work it took to write everything down versus just playing and explaining things. So, that means there's like, 3 different systems on this profile with no indicator of which is older and newer. But, a lot of the terms and mechanics could be useful or inspirational.

https://rp.aryion.com/profile/vore_and_vanquish
Gah
Participator

Postby TimObberon » Mon May 10, 2021 12:41 pm

Gah wrote:Neat well, have a look at this is you like. Like I said, it's a hot mess. This system went through several rewrites, and the profile never kept up with what system I was running because of how much work it took to write everything down versus just playing and explaining things. So, that means there's like, 3 different systems on this profile with no indicator of which is older and newer. But, a lot of the terms and mechanics could be useful or inspirational.

https://rp.aryion.com/profile/vore_and_vanquish

Wow, this is a beautiful profile. Yeah, I can tell you put a lot into this. Thanks for sharing this!
TimObberon
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion