At what point of realism do you stop enjoying vore?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: At what point of realism do you stop enjoying vore?

Postby Matteo42 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:39 pm

I dislike two things.
1, when either the pred or the prey is hurt during the process (or just in general... I'm no fan of body horror, you see xD )
2, when it's not realistic. You know those suuuper short stories where character A comes up to character B, "hey I'm hungry" and B is like "oh sure, just kill me!" with a big smile.... yuk, I don't like that at all

(small rant, I'm sorry)
Some of my favorite artpieces/stories are all long-lasting, well made and realistic works, where you not only get to enjoy the vore, but also the setting, the characters, their interactions, their activities. Having people walk around in 1-colored bikinis "like usual", proposing people to eat them on a whim just pulls me out of the rush and excitement I get from the better ones. (except ad12345. their stuff is great nonetheless xD )
The best example I can give right now is Rat_Guy's series, Voremance, which is vore + romance, duh. Sure, there's a bit of "hey come and shove me up my ass", but it's not meant the same way as those *other* stories are lol. That's because 1, the main cast isn't asking to be digested, and 2, they actually have emotions. You not only read how terrified the main guy is, or how much fun the gal is having, you actually **feel** it, which is just so damn great.

This is only my opinion, obviously. In fact, it's my opinion right now, but it certainly wasn't a few years back, when I watched stuff on YT or DA which fit perfectly within this category. But, I was young, foolish and innocent back then, and after reading god knows how many books, stories and what not (especially non-vore content, like legitimate books and stuff), I started developing this mentality I now have. Plus, after writing a few of those stories myself [I am so happy I forgot what account that was o_o ], I delved my feet into the territories of more sophisticated writing, and everything changed.

TL:DR, stories/pics with no appeal other than the gal's tit size just don't rub me the right way, but it's perfectly fine if you do like them!
Matteo42
Somewhat familiar

Postby AeriaGloris » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:42 pm

Bradleymiddler wrote:I mean, a fatal vore story where a pred actually suffers consequences for their actions? Or one where they get taken to court, and aren't just let off with a slap on the wrist because it's a vore story, like every court-themed story I've seen on the Portal? Sounds amazing tbh

The former. I love the idea myself but also worry the topic would ultimately be turn off for my readers. ^^;

Matteo42 wrote:(small rant, I'm sorry)
Some of my favorite artpieces/stories are all long-lasting, well made and realistic works, where you not only get to enjoy the vore, but also the setting, the characters, their interactions, their activities. Having people walk around in 1-colored bikinis "like usual", proposing people to eat them on a whim just pulls me out of the rush and excitement I get from the better ones. (except ad12345. their stuff is great nonetheless xD )
The best example I can give right now is Rat_Guy's series, Voremance, which is vore + romance, duh. Sure, there's a bit of "hey come and shove me up my ass", but it's not meant the same way as those *other* stories are lol. That's because 1, the main cast isn't asking to be digested, and 2, they actually have emotions. You not only read how terrified the main guy is, or how much fun the gal is having, you actually **feel** it, which is just so damn great.

Nail on the head here. IMHO Vore is best when the reader knows something is at stake for all the characters.
My writing outline for 2022 is out. Let me know your thoughts on my latest Blog Post. ˚✧₊⁎( ˘▽˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚
AeriaGloris
Somewhat familiar

Postby RabbitMuncher » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:55 pm

I love realism in vore. It's a bit of a turn off seeing same-sized vore since it totally defies anatomy and looks pretty bizarre when the preds mouth has to open to two times the size of their own head. Cartoony vore is good in my book though, because it really doesn't make an attempt to be realistic to begin with.
RabbitMuncher
New to the forum

Postby rugli » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:39 am

No limits.
rugli
Participator

Postby N-Mario » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:18 am

Simply when blood, gore, skin shedding, decapitated parts are involved is when I stop liking it. Especially if things like puke, saliva, or full touring is involved, it tends to be gross.

I only like vore for when it is cute, safe, and cartoony, such as holding the prey alive. Otherwise, It just gets a little too gross to me.
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby ReptileKing23 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:34 am

Honestly? Any point at any time. Vore is a fantasy based kink verbatim, and should be enjoyed as such. I think anyone trying to apply real world physics to vore is just pretentious and pedantic. And I say this as someone who excelled in science and scientific research IRL. Imagination is more important than knowledge. I don't ever try to overanalyze the physics of what's possible or not when I enjoy vore. I completely omit what I 'know" and just let my imagination run rampant. I just enjoy the little things. But that's just me *shrugs*
Last edited by ReptileKing23 on Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReptileKing23
Somewhat familiar

Postby Winny » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:47 am

Eh, realism and vore don't exactly mesh. The only times I don't enjoy vore is when it is a sub genre of vore I don't care for. IE Cooking/hardvore. Those are fairly "Realistic" I guess.

But other aspects are stuff I really get behind, Digestion. When prey is churned, sloshed, and slurried into mush from being a cutie. That's realistic but hot, when said cutie is then absorbed and all that's left is a shit brick containing hair bone, their cellphone and a partially digested wallet with pictures of their loved ones that don't know their daughter/son is now a shit brick? Also realistic and totally fucking hot.

How realistic is it to taunt said crying prey in the guts while they still live? That could or could not be realistic, depending on the predator's sadism scale. But for me, I would totally taunt them, it would be realistic to me to poke, prod, and make fun of the prey melting in me while they cry to live. Maybe not realistic to others, but I do have my sadism kick.

Realism in vore is like throwing stones in a glass house.
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby fieldmousse » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:19 am

I kinda expected 'live feeding' to pop up in this discussion
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby ReptileKing23 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:55 am

Winny wrote:Eh, realism and vore don't exactly mesh.

Realism in vore is like throwing stones in a glass house.

THIS exactly! Couldn't have said it better myself! Being mad about the lack of realism in vore is like going to a burger restaurant and being mad that they don't serve Spaghetti & lobster!
ReptileKing23
Somewhat familiar

Postby Wolfsage » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:39 am

While I do like things being at least somewhat realistic, there is a limit.
The Sage Wolf of the forest.
Wolfsage
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Skulker » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:47 pm

I think I lean towards heavy amounts of unrealism, since I can only enjoy vore when someone being eaten isn’t undeniably a bad thing for them.

Even in fantasy, I don’t want to really, truly hurt someone, even if that someone doesn’t actually exist.
Skulker
Somewhat familiar

Postby Randomdude5 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:01 pm

I think a different perspective is better. We all have our own preferences. They have varying degrees of realism, but that is not really the point. The real question is: What make vore fun, or sexy to you? That will depend on who you ask. Also different people have differing levels of suspension of disbelief in different areas of vore. Something that breaks someones suspension of disbelief, usually isn't as fun or sexy, although sometimes something that is over the top on silliness is. Once the core content of the art/story/RP has been decided upon, it doesn't have to be realistic. The core of what makes it sexy could be handwaved, and never thought about and it would still be good. Realism is a side thing, to add in to give more immersion. Here is an example. Because of the square-cube law, if there was a tiny human that was 1/10 the size of normal, they would have 1/100th the surface area, and 1/1000th the mass. They could lose heat quickly, and freeze. There are 2 solutions. 1. The tiny human has a fast metabolism and produces the heat their body needs,but this would make them need to eat more often. 2. They wear a coat in normal temperature. Notice that I didn't talk about why there are tiny humans or how it isn't realistic, because this would be a given for someone who likes macro/micro. I only examine one side effect.
Whatever it is, I didn't do it.
Randomdude5
Participator

Postby Jayezox » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:11 pm

I enjoy the laws of physics being bent, which is necessary for 99% of vore scenarios. What I don't enjoy are character interactions that don't make sense. One example of this is when a prey character is overly willing to get killed to a predator. I would question how said prey even lived long enough to reach adulthood regardless of fantasy elements. Another one I don't like is questionable morals like fatal vore being completely normal in society. It's even more questionable in scenarios where family members decide murdering each other through swallowing each other whole is perfectly okay and someone decides to do so on a whim. I can't count how many times a mother would digest her son out of the blue on interactive stories I've read.

Everyone can prefer what they want, but no vore scenarios outside of something actually possible are realistic. If you want true realism in a story, write one about a frog swallowing a fly or something.
Jayezox
---

Postby Lonnie » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:26 am

Jayezox wrote:I enjoy the laws of physics being bent, which is necessary for 99% of vore scenarios. What I don't enjoy are character interactions that don't make sense. One example of this is when a prey character is overly willing to get killed to a predator. I would question how said prey even lived long enough to reach adulthood regardless of fantasy elements. Another one I don't like is questionable morals like fatal vore being completely normal in society. It's even more questionable in scenarios where family members decide murdering each other through swallowing each other whole is perfectly okay and someone decides to do so on a whim. I can't count how many times a mother would digest her son out of the blue on interactive stories I've read.

Everyone can prefer what they want, but no vore scenarios outside of something actually possible are realistic. If you want true realism in a story, write one about a frog swallowing a fly or something.

FINALLY someone expressed how I feel in a better way than I could. Fatal vore being normalized/casual is something that has always irked me the wrong way, especially if it involves very willing prey (though unwilling isn’t much better in that case for me personally).
There are some rare situations in which I think willing fatal vore can be very hot, I will admit, but this isn’t one of them.
Average M/f enjoyer
Lonnie
Somewhat familiar

Postby Caesar » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:14 am

For me, the realism point that frequently throws me off is very rapid digestion/absorption. It takes a human at least three hours to digest a normal sized meal and it takes snakes at least a week do digest a same-sized meal, so part of it is physics. But it also just feels sort of lame when a pred just insta-digests their prey with no time to interact with them or to feel full.
Caesar
Somewhat familiar

Postby coop500 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:41 am

Too realistic (for me): Fatal/the stomach being unsafe in any way. Gross factors like half digested food, mention of bad smell, mention of it being uncomfortable for the prey OR the predator.

Too goofy (for me): The belly being not... really a stomach? Like I prefer the pink fleshy factor and a little bit of slime inside, fluffy clouds/stuffing/pillows/a whole town inside is a bit of a nope. Also giant bellies on the predators, so big it doesn't look like they could walk. Any other vore type besides Oral. 3rd party characters not caring about what just happened.
coop500
???

Postby ClassifiedPerson » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:57 pm

In reality if someone were to swallow me whole, I would suffocate in his stomach and die before being digested, and after those three horrid things happen, I would be turned into feces and he would crap me out. All four of those are the biggest 'ABSOLUTELY NO/DO NOT/THAT IS DISGUSTING' for me. But that's not vore to me, that's just regular eating. Vore is fantasy so I differentiate it from what happens in real life when something is eaten.

In other words, if his stomach acts like a stomach irl (including the rest of his digestive system), then I'm out.
ClassifiedPerson
Been posting for a bit

Postby whizbang18 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:56 pm

For me, it's when it involves blood or physical injury or chopping up prey. Basically anything that involves chewing up or shredding prey apart is when I stop enjoying vore-related work. This includes being digested by acids or even alkalis (chemical opposites of acids but can be far worse on living tissue than acids) and the victim suffering an agonizing death.

The other thing is when farting, and defecation are also involved. If farting and shitting is involved, I'm out.
whizbang18
Somewhat familiar

Postby demented » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:28 pm

It's all about the mood for me.
Fatal? A okay.
Cooking and prep? Perfect, love it.
Dismembering? Sure why not.

But if the mood of the rp is dark and cruel and "realistic," that's when it becomes a turn off. I think of vore characters like ready to eat meals, with how much pain or fear they feel being highly adjustable and customizable for whatever the mood of the players are. In fact, I even prefer there to be a tongue in cheek comedic bent to the affair. Laughter can be quite hot in it's own right. Get into as crazy hijinks as you want with me, just don't make the rp overly dark and serious.
demented
New to the forum

Postby JettCabino » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:27 pm

Literally the only part of realism I dislike is that the prey would realistically suffocate fast if not even before going down. If air isn't a factor, every ounce of suffering on the prey while digestion occurs to the most brutal degree while keeping them alive and conscious well beyond the reasonable amount of cellular destruction and agony is all hot to me. If I die this way as a meal, I want to experience every second I can.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=57209
My rp interests ^^^
JettCabino
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion