At what point of realism do you stop enjoying vore?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

At what point of realism do you stop enjoying vore?

Postby Kike » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:07 pm

Whether it’s cartoonish fun, or brutal reality, we all have our own tolerance when it comes to vore. What is yours?
Kike
New to the forum

Re: At what point of realism do you stop enjoying vore?

Postby bearofg » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:45 am

For me, its the Pred being in pain. In reality trying to fit a whole human inside another human would permanently harm both people. For me, I like the pred to be having a great time so bringing the pain in is not for me.
bearofg
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ixtili » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:25 am

Cooking feels too much like literal cannibalism to me. Though a certain degree of prep like bathing the prey or putting whipped cream on them or something doesn't bother me.Visual Hard Vore that shows the whole crunchy process is also a hard no from me. Although I have read some more normie tragedy based Fanfics in stories where there is vorish tension and the fanfic exploits that where I don't mind as much due to the introspective tone and the fact it's clearly meant to be tragic or creepy. But straight up hardcore guro is a definite no, no. I also don't like photo edits.But Espeacially all of my nope for moments where I type Vore into Google looking for drawn content and some of the results are actual instances of carrion being gnawed on or creatures trying to eat each other. Aaaaall of my nope. Also eating solely for the sake of eating is technically realistic and I'd say that's kinda also kinda a turn off for me too.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Megaladong » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:35 am

For me, realism has always been the only vore I like - the more real the better; there is no limit for me when it comes to realism. I can’t enjoy vore (in that way) if I can’t believe it could happen, both physically and by the nature of the pred. I know I’m in the minority on that one, but that’s how it is… For example, most mammals can’t swallow prey whole, or even if they could, they still would chew first. So if I see soft vore with mammals, that’s almost always a turn-off for me. And it may be possible for a human to swallow something like a small mouse or goldfish, but I just think, “I wouldn’t do that; that’s gross!” So the only human pred vore I can enjoy is cooking because that’s how humans eat.

Before I started writing, I didn’t like hard vore, mostly because I’m squeamish and not into gore. I’m not sure what happened but something clicked. I’m glad it did click too; as a furry, before hard vore, I loved canines, felines, etc, sexually but not in vore - at the time, I only liked animals that could soft vore; reptiles, fish, birds, etc. So it was really nice when hard vore opened up to me and I could enjoy all those mammalian species I love, now in vore.

Maybe my only limit would be human cannibalism. It seems just wrong to me… Like a perversion of the natural order or something - kinda like a human eating a mouse whole. So it just doesn’t sit well with me. But other than that, so long as it could happen, I’ll love it!
I do my best to fill things.
Megaladong
New to the forum

Postby Wolfsage » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:29 am

Kike wrote:Whether it’s cartoonish fun, or brutal reality, we all have our own tolerance when it comes to vore. What is yours?

When becomes too realistic.
When things like scat/farting or sex is included. Those grosses me out and ruins it for me.
The Sage Wolf of the forest.
Wolfsage
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Krono » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:28 am

The permanence of death.
I like realism, I just want to be able to enjoy it as many times as I want. Reformation is a good safety net, as well as being able to project your consciousness into a surrogate/disposable body. If reformation was possible, I would probably get a man-eating pet just to be it's main diet. But alas, that is not the case and I like living so that's why this is a fantasy fetish. :gulp:
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby BadlyDrawnDedede » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:22 am

Well, that's a bit of an odd phrasing to a question that can be taken multiple ways, so I'll answer both ways.

If you're talking about a sort of "would you do this in real life if you could" approach, then I'd have to say that I'd keep things in the realm of fantasy. Perhaps that would be different if some kind of crazy wizard or act of God makes it so that neither pred nor prey were harmed and that everyone only felt warm fuzzies on the inside from it, but that's not how real life works. I'd effectively die of all the guilt brought along with knowing that playing pred in real life means straight up killing people. Of course, that's not what the paraphilia is about, but it's one of the things that have to be taken into consideration if real world vore was available.

If you're talking more along the lines of not liking the kink when it's done a certain way, I'd probably just say disposal. I mean, I'm pretty chill about the stuff I like, but I'm a vorarephile, no a coprophile. Other than that and age concerns, nothing bothers me to much, given it's not too sadistic.
Bang! Bang! Bang! Pull my Devil Trigger!
BadlyDrawnDedede
Somewhat familiar

Postby AlluringPredation » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:45 am

When I'm out in the woods and I hear animals howling far too close for comfort. For artistic I'm 100% with Ixtili.
Discord for artists and those who commission them! https://discord.com/invite/F3UDqqAx53
AlluringPredation
Participator

Postby R_U_Snacksize » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:37 pm

Too many bodily functions and elaborate descriptions of scat.
R_U_Snacksize
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Sitharc » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:52 pm

For me... it's usually the other way around, I tend to stop enjoying vore content when one or more aspects get too unrealistic for me. Shit like vore being too commonplace to even being legal, where no one gets/stays fat if do it often enough, where others find out what a pred did and no one gives a shit (especially between friends and/or family)... or when the story is cheapened by having revival/reformation. Even more so when the one brought back is somehow completely chill or not traumatized in regards to what happened to them let alone towards their killer. When cops and such aren't used seriously enough and they just get eaten too. When do livestream/website angles in stories and art regardless if it's super casual or illegal yet they used main sites like youtube or twitch or any other that can easily google to get to. When I see stuff like 'Vore High/Vore 101 or Shrink/Size High' and websites like 'Voretube'. Also when preds digest victims too fast and/or ONLY eating people, when they have to eat 1-3+ every day just to live. I also dislike it when digestion is made to be painless, or worse... pleasurable to the victim, especially by default, and no special suit or micro machine that actually works for the victim to use in order to be protected. I also don't like it when everyone and their grandma has a vore fetish, has eaten someone before likely, or gains a vore fetish as soon as they see/find out it had happened between other people. (Same goes with other fetishes too, not just vore, not everyone is going to want to become morbidly obese for example, not everyone suddenly wants to shrink their siblings and friends and eat/crush them, etc.) When people with a vore and/or weight gain fetish in art/stories find out their loved one or just anyone for that matter died for their fetish to even bloody suffered for their jollies and no one feels remorse, guilt, disgust, etc. Sometimes can do that, but not all the time. When waifus think vore is how to get sempai's attention and love, especially when they resort to killing one or more of any love rivals, especially if he ever finds out or actually knows what happened and he doesn't freak out or anything that all these people and possible friends of his DIED.

However, there are aspects where things would be too realistic, even for me...

How the prey wouldn't live more than a few mere moments inside before suffocating if they didn't suffocate already being slowly consumed and swallowed whole (assuming the same size variety). I like it when the prey suffers digestion for a while with the pain levels slowly increasing over time. I like preds having some discomfort and such sometimes, but I don't really want the pred to be in constant discomfort and especially pain either for having someone trapped inside them. Also, if it's so realistic that the only vore that could happen is hardcore cannabilism, then not as interested... it can still happen sometimes when there's still the option of eating them whole but for whatever reason decide not to. I love it when a pred is sometimes able to awkwardly go about their day with whoever/whatever painfully dissolving slowly in their gut, so if it's so realistic that near everyone or even a small group of people are instantly able to figure it out even without witnessing the deed yourself, then I'd probably say no. I love disposal, but excessive details regarding aspects of it, or as soon as make it any bit of it liquid.

Also, stuff like that while I like humans being able to eat animals whole, but once they start going after things that are bigger than humans and especially more dangerous on the wild/nature level or things that would make them sick? Then I'd draw the line usually, but if they DO eat or try to eat certain things, then they better risk being harmed from the larger/more dangerous prey and/or risk getting dreadfully sick. You never know what a wild animal might be carrying pathogen-wise.

Aside from those and maybe some other things I'm blanking on at this time, I prefer it to be as realistic as possible. PM if curious if something is too realistic or unrealistic for me.
Sitharc
---

Postby Dudeox05 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:17 pm

Generally my limit is at pain for either party. Sort of. Discomfort and aches are fine (and even sometimes enjoyable), but straight jabbing pain is where it looses its appeal for me. Some others have mentioned cooking. While cooking is not something I enjoy, I do not dislike it for the realism/unrealism of it. Rather, I simply enjoy the idea of the raw carnal nature of vore and the overarching act of preparations and time spent on other processes (such as shoving someone into an oven) just aren't at all appealing to me.

I love digestion and the idea of someone being broken down and processed by someone else's stomach to becoming thigh padding to be delightful, including it being the end of the prey. Even extreme discomfort at the moments of digestion for the prey are a turn-on, but straight sharp pain is where I draw my limits on the realism of the act.
-D
Dudeox05
Participator

Postby VorishHorish » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:15 pm

I like it most where it’s realistic to a certain extent. So like digestion and all of that; I don’t mind when it gets really realistic like when hard digestion is involved; it doesn’t add or take anything away for me. That doesn’t mean I don’t like unrealistic scenarios, or I can’t enjoy them because I can and do. But I would prefer realism over fantasy.
You just got Bruhed
VorishHorish
Somewhat familiar

Postby DissociatedChaos » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:53 pm

Personally, I'd say where "too real" ends up killing the mood for me is where suffocation gets involved for the prey nearly at the start, and where predators end up injured or hurting too much due to something like the prey having claws or being too large. It's fine for prey to be too large for a predator to swallow whole, but that should then mean they don't attempt it, or they switch gears if it's not working before it really hurts them too much. And I know it's odd to have my line in the sand be suffocation when I'm fine with digestion in all its potentially horrible ways of doing it, but it ends up killing the mood by way of killing the prey before anything interesting has even happened, and in a way that is probably the least fun way to go that I can imagine.
DissociatedChaos
Somewhat familiar

Postby blergle » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:57 pm

There are certain trigger moments that are turn-ons for me, so anything that interferes with those moments are too realistic. Given that I like soft vore with no chewing or dismemberment, there's a really big disconnect of realism for anything involving most mammal predators or certain size differences, and I'm not a huge fan of micro prey. Aside from that, I feel the same as DissociatedChaos about predator injury and I don't like anything that would kill the prey too soon. I'm also not into raunch so dwelling on the types of body grue, fluids, slime or whatever that one would encounter is a bit too much for my liking.
blergle
---

Postby FluffyNekos » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:10 pm

I have quite a few limits, but the main one and most common one I have is when the prey is really, really upset about their fate. I can enjoy some begging and the like, but when the prey is in tears, crying and pleading not to die, panicking as they watch themselves melt... yeah, it's a bit too much for me. It might be good for a more serious work with vore as a template, but I can't enjoy it really when the prey acts... well like a real person would if they were being melted in a acid cauldron.
FluffyNekos
Been posting for a bit

Postby PreyConsumer » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:25 pm

i hate it when it becomes a tad bit too realistic, like scat and farts, if the prey is going to be digested i prefer it being completely being transformed into fat... oh and when the pred suffers after eating something with claws or smt like that.
i do commissions and specialize in all kinds of vore :3
PreyConsumer
New to the forum

Postby Noxyoursox » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:39 pm

I prefer realism as much as possible, which is what turns me off of CV and (to a lesser extent) AV and samesize. But I don't like cooking and I'm iffy about hard vore (it goes back and forth between squick and "ooo hot" for me). I also don't like prey dying before they reach the stomach as that kind of defeats the purpose for me.
Noxyoursox
Participator

Postby somethingsomething2077 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:33 pm

As long as it doesn't involve kids, scat, sex, cooking, non oral, I'm ok

I don't really like ub or av, but i see the appeal, the rest however idk

Cooking is basically destroying the whole point of Vore, and basically is HV

Sex isn't something im like, more personal choice

Scat or disposal is pretty Digesting to me, I can't see how someone can like it

Kids involvement is pretty much a done deal for me, that goes to all kinds of NSFW stuff anyway
somethingsomething2077
Somewhat familiar

Postby AeriaGloris » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:23 pm

Seems to be a common thread about a preference for realism with the limits on hard vore, cooking and scat. I'm interested to know how you guys would feel about real world consequences? EG, potential arrest and trial regarding preds? Would it be a story-killer or an interesting twist?

Asking for a friend :wink:
My writing outline for 2022 is out. Let me know your thoughts on my latest Blog Post. ˚✧₊⁎( ˘▽˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚
AeriaGloris
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bradleymiddler » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:20 pm

I don't like hard vore or gore in the least, and nearly all cooking/cannibalism content. I don't like agony and certainly not serious emotional torture/conflict. Realistic weight gain is also a big turnoff.

AeriaGloris wrote:Seems to be a common thread about a preference for realism with the limits on hard vore, cooking and scat. I'm interested to know how you guys would feel about real world consequences? EG, potential arrest and trial regarding preds? Would it be a story-killer or an interesting twist?

Asking for a friend :wink:

I mean, a fatal vore story where a pred actually suffers consequences for their actions? Or one where they get taken to court, and aren't just let off with a slap on the wrist because it's a vore story, like every court-themed story I've seen on the Portal? Sounds amazing tbh
Bradleymiddler
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion