SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby chewchulainn » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:14 pm

Sorry for the title, I wasn't really sure what else to call this! I suppose I just wanted to talk about a development I've been watching.

Tumblr isn't the best place to find vore content since their whole NSFW ban a couple years ago, but even so I still find good vore floating around now and then- but I've noticed that a large demographic of the vore community on tumblr are strictly into SFW vore and do not view it as a fetish in any sense. I know there are people here who are similar in that sense, and there are plenty of times where I think of something vorish for a story or something without it being for kinky purposes- but lately I've been seeing some schisms between the Fetish community and the SFW community, with some of the SFW people going so far as to claim that vore was never inherently a fetish 8O I even saw one person claiming that 80% of people who like vore don't view it as a fetish, before admitting they had very little evidence to base it on (and while I don't have my own evidence either, looking at sites like this, DevArt, Pixiv, and others... I have a difficult time believing that ^^').

I definitely understand not wanting NSFW/pornographic blogs to interact with your content if you're not there for that sort of thing, and I don't want to invalidate people who are interested in vore without it being a fetish/kink to them... But I can't help feel a bit at a loss when it keeps coming across as people coming into a fetish subculture and trying to alienate and push out the actual vorephiles. I won't pretend to be a history buff when it comes to vore, so I can't say with 100% certainty that it's always been a fetish, but even if that isn't the case, I think it's safe to say that vore is most known for its fetishy nature. I don't want to alienate SFW vore enjoyers, I don't want this to come across as if I'm accusing them of 'invading', or that I don't think they have a place in the vore community, or even that I think vorephiles should take precedent over them- whether or not you view vore as sexual or platonic or anywhere in between, you're valid! I guess I just wish there weren't this divide :/

It feels like a tricky situation because while I definitely think people who aren't into NSFW vore stuff should be made to feel uncomfortable, it also feels a bit unfair to walk into a fetish space and be surprised when fetishists assume your content is also for them. I don't want to put blame on either side, and obviously tumblr isn't the best place for sharing and finding nsfw vore stuff, but I've always liked the interface in terms of collecting and organizing content, so it's disheartening to find cool art or ideas on there and go look for more, only to find the artist putting down vorephiles...

I don't think I've seen it so much on Aryion, but seeing as this is an 18+ site and Tumblr is... well, Tumblr, it's not that surprising to me. I feel like it might also help to clarify that I'm ace but I still view vore as a fetish (a lot of the people I've seen who argue that vore isn't inherently nsfw and get frustrated with nsfw blogs liking their content have also been ace, which is another reason I've felt a bit odd about it all).

Again, I just want to clarify that I'm not trying to invalidate anyone, sfw vore is valid, and I don't think anyone needs a reason or justification to enjoy it really. But I am a bit curious to hear if anyone else has noticed this sort of divide (from either side!), if anyone has any thoughts about or experiences with this sort of subject, etc.
User avatar
chewchulainn
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:31 am

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby incubite » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:05 am

I think sometimes what contributes to the confusion is a misunderstanding of terminology. I've noticed myself that people will call 'vore' from cartoons and stuff 'SFW vore' and then use its place in a children's cartoon as evidence that it's okay and SFW. The entire discussion is honestly more confusing than it needs to be, but in my own view there's a big difference between 'vore' and things eating each other. I think intent and perception both play big roles and are the deciding factors in whether or not 'vore' is 'SFW'.

Personally vore is, to me, ALWAYS NSFW. Vore is a fetish, full-stop.

I'll just use the children's cartoons thing as an example. There's LOADS of cartoons where characters get eaten. But things eating each other is not inherently sexual--what makes it sexual is the lens through which the creator OR viewer engages with the media. I think it matters a LOT what the mindset of the person both producing AND consuming (teehee) the content is. It's the difference between a character getting eaten just as a plot point vs a character getting eaten because the cartoonist is shoehorning his fetish into his work (the frequency with which it happens can probably hint at which one it is). People can upload videos of animals eating each other and call it vore, even though they're just creatures in nature doing what comes normally to them. But LABELING it as vore denotes a level of awareness and intention that paints it in a completely different light. If it has the word vore thrown into it, chances are the person uploading it--AND the people finding it--are probably going to be engaging with the footage in a way that is, if not sexual, then at least neighboring sexual.

People that draw things eating each other consistently, that are familiar with the term vore, CALL their content vore, etc? That's not SFW and never will be, there's too much awareness behind what they're making and why. You don't have to be horny or get horny from everything you make every time you make it, but if you're labeling it in fetish terms, it's gonna be NSFW.

I'm not really the best at articulating myself sometimes, but I think it's in some ways very black and white, and then in other ways more abstract as far as defining it. Hopefully anything I've said makes a lick of sense!
User avatar
incubite
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:22 am

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby foxygrandpa » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:38 am

You may find the sections on sexuality and the sexualness of vore in the site survey I ran a month ago helpful: link to results
User avatar
foxygrandpa
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby BadlyDrawnDedede » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:23 am

You present a very good argument. Personally, I think it's a bit cruddy that the safe for work side fights with the not safe for work side over essentially what is the same thing. I do agree with you on the point of vore being a more paraphilic concept- I don't think many people wake up and say "huh, I now have the urge to create content on people consuming other people"; it's that neurological change that occurs at a young age that seems to be the cause.

I have a bit of a hypothesis on this, but I could obviously be wrong because I'm not a brain scientist. Similar to many other conditions, I believe that vorarephilia has a spectrum of acuteness. Those on the lower end of the spectrum see the concept as less sexual, creating the safe for work side, while those on the higher end of the spectrum do, creating the not safe for work side. Most folks on this site probably fall somewhere in-between those two points. The idea may seem a bit out there at first, but judging by how other mental disorders and anomalies happen at differing severities, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

This divide you speak of is something I haven't heard of, but it's a darn shame that it's happening. The community as a whole seems to have a bit of an issue with not accepting the specifics of what a person likes in vore or not just because they themselves don't like it. I'm guilty of it myself, and many others are as well. That's not to say we can't have those opinions, but we all should be more courteous and mindful of those who like what they like. As long as they're not being obnoxious about it and aren't hurting anybody, let people enjoy what they like to enjoy. And if you do see a problem with it, at least attempt to offer a respectful disagreement and propose a reasonable solution to the issue.

There should be no need for elitism or holier-than-thou attitudes because, at the end of the day, vore is vore, any way you slice it. And it runs through all of us, no matter what size, shape, or way it comes in.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." ~Jimi Hendrix
User avatar
BadlyDrawnDedede
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:08 pm
Location: Dreamland

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby KnightleyPaine » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:26 pm

Okay sure. Draw little girls except call them SFW lolis, I'm sure that'll go well and comes across completely normal.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go get myself into a SFW chikan situation by riding the bus to get SFW foodplay with my SFW OL colleague (and her son so it's SFW oneshota). It's going to be SFW clothed male clothed female action all the way.

[I said something fucked up here that I removed and this part remains so you know I fucked up.]
Last edited by KnightleyPaine on Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
KnightleyPaine
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby TheKawaiiCommie » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:24 pm

KnightleyPaine wrote:btw SFW tranny shemale genderbender rights.


Lmao are you lost? We're not on 4chan right now, there are lots of trans users of the site. You might want to travel back in time a few decades with your comparing transgender individuals to pedophiles.
User avatar
TheKawaiiCommie
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:04 pm

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby Seifens » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:50 pm

I don't really see it as a question of whether vore is or is not a sexual fetish. If you look at the population just on this site, there's a huge variety of views on what people like about vore and why they feel that way. So I'm willing to accept that there are people out there who see vore as nonsexual, even though I can't really understand the mindset myself. Even speculating what that might mean is probably missing the point, because undoubtedly it means different things to different people, just like sexual vore is represented in so many different ways among the people here.

But ignoring how the population is split, I wanted to address why some sfw vore enthusiasts may see the nsfw crowd in a poor light. If you consider it from the sfw point of view it might make more sense as to why some people would resist the idea of a primarily nsfw interpretation of vore.

I would propose that it's much easier to be on the 'it's a fetish' side of things. Like it or not, the wider narrative out in the world is that vore _is_ a sexual fetish and that the individuals who are into it are at best deviants, and at worst maybe actual cannibals. Even as someone who is into it as a sexual kink I get sick of hearing how wrong outside takes can be at times, but can you imagine what it must be like for someone who doesn't see it that way? For myself it's minor errors, someone wrong on the details or degrees, but to be into this thing for purely innocent reasons (whatever those may be)... can you guess what it must be like to face misrepresentations of that degree and nature? It would be easy to blame the nsfw side of the community for giving the public ammunition. I mean, imagine just liking My Little Pony for the story and characters and themes of friendship and teamwork. Would you blame people in that situation for being irritated with the side of the fandom that insists on sexualizing everything when outsiders tend to focus exclusively on the more salacious stories, and snicker condescendingly about brony orgies whenever you bring up your favorite episode? I can understand how people would be frustrated being seen that way against their will and intentions.

There was a similar division that happened in the wider furry community at one point (I won't go into it, but look up 'burned furs' if you're interested/unaware). Obviously a much larger and more visible community, but one I've always felt shares many qualities (and members) with the vore.
User avatar
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Seattle-ish

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby blessedwasthechild » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:40 pm

Tumblr's ban on NSFW content COMBINED with the fact that it has historically been a very popular and open place for teenagers/children to discover themselves and interact with each other, sometimes even safely, collectively creates an environment that is just perfect for SFW vorarephiles to proliferate. And tumblr users *arguing over the stupidest* terminology hang-ups is also *very routine* for tumblr.

Nothing about that surprises me in the slightest. A schism over SFW on Tumblr? Depending on the fandom that's just another Tuesday.

The risk of interacting with dumbass teenagers who wanna drag everything into low-stakes high school nonsense or worse, think it is okay to *harass* you cuz they assumed you're a teenager too, is all the reason not to be interacting with your fetish on a platform that children use. Or at least that's my reason. While it is not impossible for a child to sign up for Eka's at least I can be more *reasonably* comfortable in assuming that anyone I talk to here is another adult. Easy to assume here but TOO easy to assume on platforms like tumblr or twitter, where that ease of assumption is dangerous.

TL;DR it sounds like tumblr is being tumblr.
User avatar
blessedwasthechild
Participator
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby KnightleyPaine » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:21 pm

TheKawaiiCommie wrote:
KnightleyPaine wrote:Crude intellectual lowball.


Limbos underneath like a goddamn champion for it to go overhead.

Holy fuck, that stretch went so far you could get Lindsay Ellis canceled with it.

Your understanding of my post compared to its actual contents have approximately the amount overlap as gender dysphoria has with pedophilia at this point.
Last edited by KnightleyPaine on Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
KnightleyPaine
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby chewchulainn » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:31 pm

KnightleyPaine, Hey if you could not use transphobic slurs that would be appreciated! I made a pretty big point of not wanting to alienate anyone in this thread, so if we could not use derogatory language and alienate trans people, that would be Super. Thank you!
User avatar
chewchulainn
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:31 am

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby KnightleyPaine » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:50 pm

Yeah in hindsight I may have thrown a demographic already severely fucked over by society under the bus to make my shallow commentary.

Courtesy of that thin sliver of self-awareness I could muster in the trainwreck that is my forum conduct, I apologize for fucking up to that extent and edited it out.
User avatar
KnightleyPaine
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby AeriaGloris » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:10 pm

chewchulainn wrote:I definitely understand not wanting NSFW/pornographic blogs to interact with your content if you're not there for that sort of thing, and I don't want to invalidate people who are interested in vore without it being a fetish/kink to them... But I can't help feel a bit at a loss when it keeps coming across as people coming into a fetish subculture and trying to alienate and push out the actual vorephiles. I won't pretend to be a history buff when it comes to vore, so I can't say with 100% certainty that it's always been a fetish, but even if that isn't the case, I think it's safe to say that vore is most known for its fetishy nature. I don't want to alienate SFW vore enjoyers, I don't want this to come across as if I'm accusing them of 'invading', or that I don't think they have a place in the vore community, or even that I think vorephiles should take precedent over them- whether or not you view vore as sexual or platonic or anywhere in between, you're valid! I guess I just wish there weren't this divide :/


I think there are two issues at play here. The first is language. Despite society making leaps and bounds in sexual positivity over the last few decades, fetish remains a somewhat dirty word and is often used incorrectly. As I recall, a fetish is something REQUIRED to reach arousal while a kink is something that can assist with arousal. A thin line, but much like, liking feminine feet is Ok, but having a foot fetish is still frowned upon. Some people don't want to confuse the giddy feeling they feel when viewing vore content with a dirty desire.

To put in context, when I was a kid I used to play a game with my friends at sleep overs. In our sleeping bags, we would pretend to be giant worms and the goal was to get as many other worms into your sleeping bag as possible. I liked that game, a lot. Retrospectively I can see how I was trying to emulate Vore but it would be hard to call the game sexual. It's a grey area.

The second issue is consequence. I don't feel like it's discussed enough here (Correct me if I'm wrong), but Vore borders on snuff material. I would believe SFW fans enjoy cartoony, no-consequence vore while NSFW vore fans lean towards the darker elements of the fetish. By distancing themselves away from fatal or directly sexual content, SFW vore fans can consume vore content with a cleaner conscious.

BOTH ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK AND ARE INHERENTLY SEXUAL. Let's take the anime Konosuba as an example. Aqua and the group get eaten by giant frogs and spat out again, fully-clothed. Would you show that to a work colleague? Would you be ok for your boss to walk in on you viewing that content on your break?

Is it ok to look at scantily clad woman at your desk even if you aren't physically aroused? No. It's a fallacy. It's a small mental hurdle, like adding Step in front of brother to add taboo to your porn, while not directly endorsing incest.

Most people are walking contradictions that have flimsy mental boxes that they categorise different things into. Picking up $10 in the road (and not going to lost and found) isn't stealing, but picking up $1,000 is. Try being honest with yourself. It's really refreshing :wink:
User avatar
AeriaGloris
New to the forum
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:12 pm

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby Krono » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:27 am

I saw recently a push on Twitter for people to censor all of their vore art because it is fetishized, in spite of the art being SFW.

I really don't think this is a good idea. What seems to be happening is we are projecting our own fetishes onto other people. Most people would see it and not be affected by it at all.

Lets take, for example, foot fetish (since it is very common). Should we also censor any picture involving a foot?
I've heard that there is a nasal fetish community. Should we also censor every persons nose?
I feel like this is a kindof slippery slope to the censorship seen in the Muslim world.

Are these things NSFW? Maybe for you. You would experience embarrassment if seen at work with it because you were just caught looking at something you personally equate to porn. However, for everyone else, they wouldn't even bat an eye. They might say eww gross or something to the effect because they are taking it literally and not sexualizing it. It just doesn't make sense to project our feelings onto the world like that.
User avatar
Krono
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:00 am

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby blessedwasthechild » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:10 pm

Krono wrote: It just doesn't make sense to project our feelings onto the world like that.


RIGHT?! And yet this is precisely what Twitter Tumblr etc tend to do. Their communities flanderize everything including themselves.

I think this current problem is just another head of the hydra of social media and how it polarizes humans. Social media just isn't good for humans. Not in the current form anyway. It positively selects for quick, eyecatching content and nuance and critical thinking or just staying calm is all selected *out* because our algorithms aren't human at *all* and yet picked up that drama increases user participation.

SWF vs NSFW. Fandom vs Fandom. Ship vs Ship. Etc.

Social media tends to make everything a battlefield. So I'd say this trend is inextricably linked to social media and its weaknesses.
User avatar
blessedwasthechild
Participator
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby AeriaGloris » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:39 pm

Krono wrote:Lets take, for example, foot fetish (since it is very common). Should we also censor any picture involving a foot?
I've heard that there is a nasal fetish community. Should we also censor every persons nose?
I feel like this is a kindof slippery slope to the censorship seen in the Muslim world.

Are these things NSFW? Maybe for you. You would experience embarrassment if seen at work with it because you were just caught looking at something you personally equate to porn. However, for everyone else, they wouldn't even bat an eye. They might say eww gross or something to the effect because they are taking it literally and not sexualizing it. It just doesn't make sense to project our feelings onto the world like that.


I feel like this isn't accurate. Feet are commonly seen whether fetishized or not. Vore art is specifically created.

Real picture of a person that has been eaten by a snake. SFW. It happened. It's not sexual.
An artist depiction of the same event? Why does this exist? Why did you draw it? Did it spark joy? SFW art, questionable motivation.

I say this, as a broad question, as to why someone would create and consume vore content. I feel like there is some dishonesty involved here. Violence -which can be fetishized- is often used as a plot device. I'd honestly appreciate someone using vore art as a way of describing one's feelings of entrapment. But they do not. At best, light-hearted SFW vore is a comedic device (See new Fable game trailer).

Nevertheless, if someone observed you looking at pictures of snakes eating people, they may just call HR.
User avatar
AeriaGloris
New to the forum
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:12 pm

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby Gendor » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:39 pm

chewchulainn wrote:I don't want to alienate SFW vore enjoyers,
. . .
or even that I think vorephiles should take precedent over them

Reading only half of thise I already want to say "I kinda do", because this is the kind of toxic behavious that Tumblr has been known for for a very, very, very long time. Just take a look at the Steven Universe community and there was a lot of warning flags for what kind of people tie their identity to children cartoons and that sort of logic.

It's just like you wrote later,
some of the SFW people going so far as to claim that vore was never inherently a fetish
FOR THEM and their community I want to add, because that is the problem, these are selfish people who should be gatekept out of every community that wants to stay positive and not suffer from negative invasions. You don't need to be a history buff to google "vore" and it has always been based on something that came out far earlier than childrens cartoons. Yes, it is sad these people put down other people for having different views, but in my opinion this is just an excuse to rip off their content ("all artists steal liberally" and all) and make them obsolete for the people they dislike, so that just like gaming companies that displeases fans they can survive on their own small fanbases.

If by "being ace" you mean asexual then this too feels like you are having the wrong approach to something that is just a single tiny part of your personality. As a straight guy I don't care what other straight people think, and my oldest friend who is bi don't give a damn about what other bi people think. Just because someone doesn't like to do the horizontal tango doesn't make them the same as you just as little as people who don't like sushi all need to have the same opinion about something else.

As for the "not use derogatory language and alienate X people" comments and what I see as actually harassing KnightleyPaine:
Spoiler: show
I feel like that is already stepping in the same direction as the Tumblr way of thinking where it is more important to protect groups rather than protect individuals. If a person takes offense that is one thing, but there seems to be offense taken For. Other. People. That is just portraying every single transperson as weaker than they probably are, it was a joke, your offense at best is personal, deal with it.
I did not think the joke was funny, I just see strong parallel behaviour between the people we discuss being in the wrong: people who take offense over unnecessary things and people who take offense over details.


But without the discussion spiralling even worse than it already is, TLDR:
People who can't think longer than their own nose should not be trusted to make decisions for anyone else and their opinions should be ignored, because every opinion based on "I feel like" or "I believe that" can just as easily be disporven by another person saying "I feel like you are wrong" or "I believe that you are wrong".
Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
User avatar
Gendor
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Sweden (GMT+1 Timezone)

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby Tetrahedra » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:00 pm

It depends on context. Random vore scene in a game/cartoon/etc. is whatever, but as soon as you label it as "vore," you put it into an NSFW context. It's like, a picture of someone with bare feet on their own personal facebook profile vs. the same picture on a kink website for foot fetishists. You see? The foot pic on its own isn't nsfw, but when it's put into the context of "nsfw" it becomes nsfw. Also, I don't listen to any "teehee my content is SFW because I say it is, so if you see it as sexual that's on you :^)" miss me with that, the moment it's tagged as "vore" it's been put into an NSFW context. When I see minors do that, I get annoyed, and when I see ADULTS do that, I get skeevy groomer vibes and feel a need to tell them to fuck off. I swear to god, vore is the only kink "community" that has a portion of its members constantly screaming about how they can totally make SFW content of it and it's totally fine for minors to make it and post it and interact with it. Listen, I was a youngster once too and I got into shit I shouldn't have online, but I certainly didn't go out of my way to enter communities that were clearly 18+, nor did I loudly dance just barely outside of them while making a big scene about it.

I blame dumb youtubers and internet personalities making stupid "haha lol vored" jokes in their content and giving people misconceptions about it.
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:40 pm

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby AeriaGloris » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:32 am

Tetrahedra wrote:I blame dumb youtubers and internet personalities making stupid "haha lol vored" jokes in their content and giving people misconceptions about it.


I've never heard the term, lol, vored used in any context. Is this specific to vore content or more mainstream?
User avatar
AeriaGloris
New to the forum
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:12 pm

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby LoonyLizard » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:59 am

AeriaGloris wrote:
Tetrahedra wrote:I blame dumb youtubers and internet personalities making stupid "haha lol vored" jokes in their content and giving people misconceptions about it.


I've never heard the term, lol, vored used in any context. Is this specific to vore content or more mainstream?


Vore jokes are pretty common in discord servers unrelated to vore; made by people who don't have the fetish.
I'd imagine this will become more and more common as people who grew up with the internet become adults and are a lot more in the know.
User avatar
LoonyLizard
New to the forum
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:27 am

Re: SFW Vore vs Vorarephilia

Postby Glithno » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:42 am

For me specifically, Vore did not start off as a fetish, but more a desire to be inside something. Since I was three years old I would lay blankets out and lay down on one end, holding on and rolling to wrap myself tightly up inside it, pretending it was a snake like Kaa (from Jungle Book). There was a museum somewhere near Chicago (within 4 hours drive, was too young for exact location), that had a massive Digestion system playset with stairs to a mouth, a slide into a stomach, and yes, even an exit with a large brown pad that needs no explanation. My favorite movie for the longest time was Return of the Jedi, with its Rancor scenes and Sarlacc Pit, both of which where large enough to swallow someone whole. And those ringing words "Slowly digest you over a thousand years" rang in my head as "it will be safe for a while, and you can just enjoy being in there." I went through a frog and shark phase where both could swallow whole, and once again, saw that things could be found undigested in sharks stomachs (primarily metal, but was still too young to figure this out).

This whole time I was also living in places with cold winters, and the desire to be wrapped in something warm had appeal, But I was also an introvert who didn't know how to compete with my younger sibling for attention. I wanted held, and a misunderstanding of biology made be thing a belly would be a great place for that. Safe and warm, embracing. Until I was around 14 or 16, vore was always sfw and just a private fascination. At around those times though, I stumbled into porn by mistake (funny story for another time), and my sex drive got started, and decided that vore was going to be at its focus.

Nowadays vore falls into quite a few categories in my life. While it is sexual as well, there is still a good portion that remains sfw. Its a comfort thing to me. Listening to my fiancé's belly, curling up in small places covered completely, Its childish, sure, but it makes the stress go away.
SirHumblePrey
User avatar
Glithno
New to the forum
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:04 am
Location: Florida, USA

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: evk9hrde, JamesJayZero, skorpio