(Casual) vore in a Superhero world (and Vore Worldbuilding)

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

(Casual) vore in a Superhero world (and Vore Worldbuilding)

Postby Starduster » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:57 am

So, I was debating writing a Superhero Vore story (or series of stories) as well as preparing to run a voracious Mutants and Masterminds game for my friends, when a thought occurred to me: how would vore work in a Superhero setting. Particularly Casual vore? When anyone can eat one another, sometimes fatally, how does justice work? Any ideas or opinions? (Also taking ideas for things that might happen in the setting but that's secondary).
Last edited by Starduster on Mon May 02, 2022 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starduster
Somewhat familiar

Re: (Casual) vore in a Superhero setting

Postby ThisisHalloween239 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:43 am

hmm, well I assume that would mean superheros (unless they have a specific rule) would just eat and digest criminals.
ThisisHalloween239
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Starduster » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:49 am

ThisisHalloween239 wrote:hmm, well I assume that would mean superheros (unless they have a specific rule) would just eat and digest criminals.

True, thoigh I guess my question is as much about what would happen in this kind of kinky, voracious Superhero world, as it is about how Heroes would operate. Worldbuildinf around vore (and TF, which is also here) is oddly interesting to me.
Starduster
Somewhat familiar

Postby EloquentOrc » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:13 pm

Well the way I see it one thing to consider would be whether vore is a new thing or has it been around as long as superheroes?

Naganommer did the first one, where Powergirl is basically the one who discovers vore. Then other heroines starts doing it too. It is probably the easier option, as you can introduce the reader to it gradually as vore spreads through your world. Otherwise you have to explain how vore shaped your world up to the present. It can definitely be a good story that way, but it is extra work and the exposition could get tedious.

A second thing would be superpower dynamics. Can all superheroes do it? Or only the ones whose powers lend themselves to it? How does superpowers interact with vore? Does invulnerability includes invulnerability to digestion? Does some powers make one a superior predator?

And yeah the third thing is the purpose of superheroes in such a world. If they are fatally eating people, ,what do you have to do to be a villain? Eat more people?
Of course hero vore could be consensual, while villain could be non-consensual, but still a mite hypocritical of the heroes.

Those are my initial thoughts, hope they're ususful in some way. Always found casual superhero very intriguing and a lot of superhero lore easily lends itself to vore.
EloquentOrc
Somewhat familiar

Postby Starduster » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:26 pm

All good questions. One thing that has always interested me about Superheroes (that I don't see explored often) is the logistics of Superheroics (and supervilliany), and Vore adds another angle to all that.
Starduster
Somewhat familiar

Postby MasterGryph » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:41 pm

The blind spot of a casual vore setting is that eating people is not a crime, despite all the problems it causes. That doesn't mean that other things aren't crimes. Like robbing banks, or building doomsday devices.

Even so, you would need to establish what sets the Heroes apart from the Villains.

Edit: Another thing to take into account is that superhero universes tend to include everything and the kitchen sink. Aliens, gods, monsters, lab experiments, demons, ect. That could play into how vore can be so common, and how nothing is really an apex predator.

Maybe the casualness of vore is itself caused by someone's worldwide brainwashing device. Anything's possible.
Let us all play fair now, there is no such thing as total invincibility.
MasterGryph
---

Postby Starduster » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:22 am

I like kinky Superheroes when it's truly casual, no greater reason, but yeah it does conflict with the whole justice thing.

If you guys don't mind me asking, anything you'd like to see in a Supervore story/setting?
Starduster
Somewhat familiar

Postby Winny » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:33 am

You could go the My hero academy route, such as everything was normal then one day powers started to appear. You could even link gaining powers to losing certain aspects of the human self.

Gain a super power --> lose the concept of life, or gain Disregard of life.

You could even add in that civvies still have their concept of life so you can get different responses from the normal people to heros and villains eating each other and other degenerate acts.

To really flesh out a setting think about what a super hero setting would entail, what kind of business's would pop up in a sexy vorephile setting. What kind of TV shows would appear, and what kind of jobs would sprout up.

As for what I personally would love to see in a super hero setting? As a disposal lover, I would personally love to toy around with remains and superhero costumes.

Keep on being awesome Starduster~ <3 mucho love.
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Starduster » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:00 pm

Winny wrote:You could go the My hero academy route, such as everything was normal then one day powers started to appear. You could even link gaining powers to losing certain aspects of the human self.

Gain a super power --> lose the concept of life, or gain Disregard of life.

You could even add in that civvies still have their concept of life so you can get different responses from the normal people to heros and villains eating each other and other degenerate acts.

To really flesh out a setting think about what a super hero setting would entail, what kind of business's would pop up in a sexy vorephile setting. What kind of TV shows would appear, and what kind of jobs would sprout up.

As for what I personally would love to see in a super hero setting? As a disposal lover, I would personally love to toy around with remains and superhero costumes.

Keep on being awesome Starduster~ <3 mucho love.

Oh yeah, disposal is a huge kink of mine, so I'm definitely gonna include it. I'm also open to just taking inspiration (or even people's ideas and OCs, provided they offer them to me and are ok with me putting them in a story) from others.
Starduster
Somewhat familiar

Postby Base54 » Sun May 01, 2022 7:17 am

If both Superheroes and Supervillains are eating each other along with innocent bystanders, then I suggest having reformation be a casual thing as well.

Most Superheroes have a No-Kill Rule to separate them from the Supervillains, another cornerstone of the entire Good vs Evil thing. It represents the Heroes morality to abide by the law and justice and refusal to mirror Supervillains and refusal to steep to any means necessary to achieve their goal, or in the case of characters like Batman, save themselves from insanity, and they typically only break this rule when absolutely necessary. And in the case a Hero becomes a Villain, disregarding their No-Kill Rule is often the first boundary to kick the bucket. This is also what sets Anti-Heroes like Red Hood, Punisher, and Spawn apart from the rest as they have no qualms about resorting to immoral means to rid the world of crime.

In this vein, casual reformation allows Superheroes to eat civilians and Supervillains without breaking their No-Kill Rule as they can just reform the criminal. Of course, this is assuming some of the Superheroes in this setting of yours, or the Superheroes you focus on, don't have a No-Kill Rule.

Those're my two bits on it, anyways.
Base54
Been posting for a bit

Postby Rejnka » Sun May 01, 2022 10:01 pm

Base54 wrote:If both Superheroes and Supervillains are eating each other along with innocent bystanders, then I suggest having reformation be a casual thing as well.

Most Superheroes have a No-Kill Rule to separate them from the Supervillains, another cornerstone of the entire Good vs Evil thing. It represents the Heroes morality to abide by the law and justice and refusal to mirror Supervillains and refusal to steep to any means necessary to achieve their goal, or in the case of characters like Batman, save themselves from insanity, and they typically only break this rule when absolutely necessary. And in the case a Hero becomes a Villain, disregarding their No-Kill Rule is often the first boundary to kick the bucket. This is also what sets Anti-Heroes like Red Hood, Punisher, and Spawn apart from the rest as they have no qualms about resorting to immoral means to rid the world of crime.

In this vein, casual reformation allows Superheroes to eat civilians and Supervillains without breaking their No-Kill Rule as they can just reform the criminal. Of course, this is assuming some of the Superheroes in this setting of yours, or the Superheroes you focus on, don't have a No-Kill Rule.

Those're my two bits on it, anyways.

Make it possible to reform the digested prey of people you eat (within a certain time period), on top of those you yourself have eaten. Therefore, a superhero might have to eat a supervillain to "rescue" their victims.
Big nerd here to write cute vore. Switch.
Rejnka
Been posting for a bit

Postby EloquentOrc » Mon May 02, 2022 9:23 am

Starduster wrote:I like kinky Superheroes when it's truly casual, no greater reason, but yeah it does conflict with the whole justice thing.

If you guys don't mind me asking, anything you'd like to see in a Supervore story/setting?

Yeah, you don't have to take it TOO seriously.

As to what I would like to see: Creatively using super powers to make each super's vore unique.

Like prey with healing factor battling the acids for whether the super digests or regenerates faster, prey using size growth inside stomach or makes clones of themselves insides, weird alien internal biology, etc..
EloquentOrc
Somewhat familiar

Re: (Casual) vore in a Superhero world (and Vore Worldbuildi

Postby Starduster » Mon May 02, 2022 9:36 am

Hmm, latest moods have changed the idea a bit, but how does this sound: a series of voracious worldbuilding writing in a GotG-like galaxy, with tons of different inspirations.
Starduster
Somewhat familiar

Postby EloquentOrc » Tue May 03, 2022 1:34 am

Starduster wrote:Hmm, latest moods have changed the idea a bit, but how does this sound: a series of voracious worldbuilding writing in a GotG-like galaxy, with tons of different inspirations.

Sounds like fun and the possibilities are pretty much endless :)
EloquentOrc
Somewhat familiar

Postby zarpaulus » Tue May 03, 2022 4:54 pm

How's this?

Digested prey reform automatically most of the time, let's say a day to a week later. But superpowered preds can "hold" prey back from reforming, while super prey can attempt to "break free" and reform earlier.

Would allow defeating the villains on a regular basis without taking them permanently out of the picture.
zarpaulus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby LeoTheBurgundian » Thu May 12, 2022 5:12 pm

Ok so I may have some ideas :

In a normal super-hero setting I think non-fatal vore would be the most adapted ( as not killing is what makes the difference between heroes and villains generally ) . Whether there is reformation or the prey gets spit out in prison could work .

In a more original super-hero like setting I have two ideas to make fatal vore an acceptable thing for these hypothetical societies :

The first world I thought of would be a dystopia where a dictatorship or an oligarchy controls society and culture . Heroes are special soldiers who can eat people who rebels against the government . Using traditional propaganda and the "hero" aesthetic , the leaders make eating people as an ordinary thing that lawkeepers can do to protect society from "evil" which is defined by the power in place .

My second idea is a world where a cult of nature dominates society's spirituality at the modern era . Rising from a need of spirituality and the fear of an environmental collapse , this new religion puts a high value in concepts such as recycling . Heroes have the surname of " Great Recyclers " as their job is to eat the evil people in order to " recycle " their organic matters which will end up inside a righteous individual , as a method of purification of the flesh .
LeoTheBurgundian
New to the forum

Return to General Vore Discussion