Does True Limitlessness Really Exist In RP's?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Does True Limitlessness Really Exist In RP's?

Postby ThatOneGuy75 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:26 pm

Since 2013, I've roleplayed with many people during my time on Google+. It's expanded to many other websites since then; Skype, Discord, Omegle, Sham.chat...etc. In terms of roleplay, I was a very inexperienced teenager back then, but now, being 20 since this past December, I've got a much better handle on things. My limits included.

In that time, I've had many people who I RP'ed with say that they have very few limits. I've even had some claim false limitlessness; for example, here on Eka's, I've seen people claim in their roleplay ads to be limitless, only for them to specify within their ad that they only play as a prey. In some Discord roleplay servers that I've been in, people have a role that says "limitless" only for them to say something like "my only hard no is..." or whatnot.

Not knowing everything that does and doesn't appeal to you is fine, obviously; same for having preferences for one kink/fetish over another. But I don't think I've ever met someone who truly seemed to actually be limitless, and I honestly kind of think that someone claiming limitlessness when, for example, they've never even heard of vore is misleading.

What do you guys think? Is it conceptually possible for someone to truly be limitless? (That is, to say, that they're fine/able to tolerate doing anything in an RP, not that it necessarily appeals to them.)

(Quick edit just to specify that I'd prefer Quick Replies as opposed to PM's on this thread, aha.)
Last edited by ThatOneGuy75 on Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThatOneGuy75
Somewhat familiar

Re: Does True Limitlessness Really Exist?

Postby Eka » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:44 pm

No.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Cygni » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:38 pm

Do you want Slaanesh? Because this is how you get Slaanesh. Limits are important. There are some lines that aren't meant to be crossed under any circumstances.
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:51 pm

No, not even conceptually. Kurt Goedel showed in 1931 that, at least in terms of number theory, it is not possible to construct a coherent system of axioms that can tolerate all potential truth statements, and this pattern has been found repeated across multiple disciplines and mirrored in the human psyche, which to the extent that it is self aware resists any formal structure that claims completeness.

Radical tolerance is a system of axioms like any other, which in claiming to be all-encompassing, definitionally encompasses the formula for its own unravelling.
Situational tolerance, on the other hand, can go a long way.

Personally, I have no limits, unless you have a fetish for methodically recreating and negating the train of thought that allows me to determine that a fetish is okay.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby ThatOneGuy75 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:02 pm

Cygni wrote:Do you want Slaanesh? Because this is how you get Slaanesh. Limits are important. There are some lines that aren't meant to be crossed under any circumstances.

Not...quite what I was asking, but that's a point of view I think I can understand.
ThatOneGuy75
Somewhat familiar

Postby Base54 » Sun May 01, 2022 12:20 pm

Cygni wrote:Do you want Slaanesh? Because this is how you get Slaanesh. Limits are important. There are some lines that aren't meant to be crossed under any circumstances.

Who's Slaanesh?
Base54
Been posting for a bit

Re: Does True Limitlessness Really Exist In RP's?

Postby Sitharc » Sun May 01, 2022 12:53 pm

For the most part, going to say no. As even if someone seems to be limitless, can never truly know as it'd be impossible to go over every possible kink combination. There might be something they never thought about before till someone suggests it into their head. It's always great tho to come across RP partners or writers/artists that are as no limits as possible at least in regards to whatever insane combo of things you want. As some combos are very rarely seen together if at all, sometimes it takes an artist/writer like that to be able to produce such a work. Especially with vore, it's not easy to find many that are willing to depict the full process in graphic detail, especially regarding digestion and/or disposal, sometimes weight gain as well with that... moreso if it's a lot of weight gain.

It's fine to have limits if one does have any, but they need to make it clear on said limits. My issue is more when people lie about having no limits.
Sitharc
---

Postby fixated1 » Sun May 01, 2022 5:10 pm

Yes. You'll occasionally find someone that will just want to please so they'll do anything you want. But that doesn't mean they'll enjoy catering to you. You should try to find a happy middle ground that makes both of you enjoy the experience. Don't be greedy.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby yourpreggomeal » Sun May 01, 2022 11:22 pm

Base54 wrote:

Who's Slaanesh?

The Chaos God of Ecstacy, known as the Lord of Pleasure, from the Warhammer/Warhammer 40,000 Universe.
My name says it all!
yourpreggomeal
New to the forum

Postby Houyo » Mon May 02, 2022 1:04 am

Don't even approach me for RP unless you're able to astral project you mind directly into the 5th dimension beyond our comprehension of what is and isn't possible..
Houyo
???

Postby Salatschinken » Mon May 02, 2022 3:40 am

Certainly not. However, I think describing yourself as "limitless except for... and within the provided context" is totally fine, as its purpose is to get a concept across, not to be theoretically correct. And as long as common sense is applied on both sides, it shouldnt lead to any problems.

But back to the original question, this should already be proven false for most people as soon as you switch topic to something completely unfitting. Like introducing hyper realistic office roleplay into a session of vore rp will probably not be what the other person was looking for.
Salatschinken
New to the forum

Postby rugli » Mon May 02, 2022 6:56 am

Yes, as figment of our imaginations are limitless. The problem is not everyone has the same imagination or see the things in the same way.
For example I could create profile and then select profile pic of a hot lady. I could image her as pred, but someone else who finds the profile could see her as prey. Even if I never intended her as such.
rugli
Participator

Postby AlimentaryArtist » Mon May 02, 2022 7:53 am

So, what I mean when I tell people that I have no limits in RP is that I'm willing to play out any scenario in any direction my partner wants to take it, provided that they don't change the personality or function of my character. So like, specified in Az's profile is that she physically can't get pregnant in the normal sense, I've done pregnant play with her before though, we worked it out in RP. In some cases getting what you want out of her is going to require you to do some things against her will, I'm alright with RPing this but my partner also has to be willing to do it.

Here's another thing; if you are a hateful, racist, or bigoted person and that comes through in your RPs I will not play with you. I don't have limits in RP but I do have standards when it comes to who I'll play with. Power dynamics are a part of kink play, but using that as an excuse to exercise your prejudices is disgusting to me way beyond any fetish or kink.

But yeah, I do not have any limits in RPs. I have a character who has certain likes, dislikes, and limits which I make sure to make my partner aware of, but my willingness to RP supersedes my character's preferences, so, if my partner chooses they can force those characters into situations they aren't comfortable or okay with. If you want to play out a scenario in which a character just agrees to everything you want them to agree to then write a story. If you want to RP then RP.
AlimentaryArtist
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion