Is vore only in the final chapter of novella okay?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Yes
74%
No
17%
Other
9%

Total votes : 46

Postby GastricAztec » Sun May 15, 2022 11:27 pm

I’m planning on writing a novella of 25,000 words about a guy who slowly shrinks, until he gets down to an inch tall and gets swallowed by a female character who had been bullying him. The story will be 12 chapters long, with each chapter being a planned 2,100 words per chapter.

I’m wondering how people here feel about having to wait until the last chapter before he gets swallowed. Throughout the story, she will tease him by lifting her t-shirt and showing her belly button and threatening to swallow him when he shrinks down to a certain size.

Would this be worth it to some people, or is there not enough vore to satiate some people? What’s your opinion?
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Re: Is vore only in the final chapter of novella okay?

Postby Rat_Guy » Mon May 16, 2022 12:07 am

If you're writing something for a non-commercial purpose (AKA for fun, and not pay) then my advice would always be just write what you want to and try not to worry about what other people want. That's what I do.
Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Postby Lonnie » Mon May 16, 2022 12:16 am

Disregarding that I would probably not read this story in particular due to clashing preferences, I personally think it's totally fine to leave vore for the last chapter alone so long as there's proper buildup to it! But I also agree with the person above, just write what YOU want to happen and I'm sure it will find its audience regardless
Average M/f enjoyer
Lonnie
Somewhat familiar

Postby ArcaneSigil » Mon May 16, 2022 12:50 am

I'm gonna say other on the grounds of if you leave it until the last chapter of a novel, comic or other media, there's no way of actually knowing it's going to include vore in it at all, which is the draw for a lot of folks on this site. Some people like the story more than the act, some people prefer the act over the story, others enjoy a well balanced mix of both. If you leave it out until the very last chapter, or in extreme cases the very last few paragraphs, that's not well balanced at all and makes the story itself feel more like a generic "story" rather than a "vore story". A popular media example would be if, in Ironman, the movie played in its entirety before Tony Stark ever put on the very first Ironman Suit. What would be the point in calling it "Iron Man" if we don't actually get to see Ironman until the last few seconds of the movie before the credits?
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby GastricAztec » Mon May 16, 2022 12:58 am

ArcaneSigil wrote:I'm gonna say other on the grounds of if you leave it until the last chapter of a novel, comic or other media, there's no way of actually knowing it's going to include vore in it at all, which is the draw for a lot of folks on this site. Some people like the story more than the act, some people prefer the act over the story, others enjoy a well balanced mix of both. If you leave it out until the very last chapter, or in extreme cases the very last few paragraphs, that's not well balanced at all and makes the story itself feel more like a generic "story" rather than a "vore story". A popular media example would be if, in Ironman, the movie played in its entirety before Tony Stark ever put on the very first Ironman Suit. What would be the point in calling it "Iron Man" if we don't actually get to see Ironman until the last few seconds of the movie before the credits?

I was planning on some other stuff happening to him, he gets swallowed at the beginning of the last chapter, or the end of the penultimate chapter, then in the last chapter we get a denouement.
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Miridium » Mon May 16, 2022 6:37 am

The vore scene is like the climax of a story for me. It all built up to that moment. I'd actually recommend withholding it until the climax of the story itself. Therefore I picked other.

EDIT: Then again, most of my preferences in fatal vore scenarios. And as I understand it you're a non-fatal vore writer. My best advice therefore would be there needs to be a buildup to the vore, give a good detailed description of the vore itself (I mean it's a work billing itself as a vore one) and there needs to be a climax wherein the main character is inside the pred and how they escape. Keep a good mind that the climax is basically the money shot of a good story so it needs to be detailed and immersive for the reader.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Mon May 16, 2022 7:16 am

Lonnie wrote:Disregarding that I would probably not read this story in particular due to clashing preferences, I personally think it's totally fine to leave vore for the last chapter alone so long as there's proper buildup to it! But I also agree with the person above, just write what YOU want to happen and I'm sure it will find its audience regardless

This. The story isn't my thing but ignoring that, there's two points to be had here.
Write for yourself, unless you're getting paid.
And there's nothing wrong with having the vore at the end, in fact I'd see it as a sign of good writing and would make the act more impactful when it does happen.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby TheKawaiiCommie » Mon May 16, 2022 11:12 am

You should write whatever you want.
TheKawaiiCommie
Somewhat familiar

Postby ElyBlanche » Mon May 16, 2022 11:14 am

I think it's okay. As long as the scene itself is a good payoff for the buildup.
ElyBlanche
Been posting for a bit

Postby gonzodingo » Mon May 16, 2022 11:45 am

In my stories I generally have minor characters eaten in the middle somewhere, and save the main character getting eaten for the last couple of paragraphs followed by an epilogue of some sort.
I look at a world gone mad and think to myself "Maybe I'm the crazy one".
gonzodingo
Somewhat familiar

Postby GastricAztec » Mon May 16, 2022 1:13 pm

Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond in this thread. I’m glad so many are open minded.
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby PsychicClown » Tue May 17, 2022 4:18 pm

I feel like you should ask yourself why wouldn't it be ok? If you make it interesting and grab the reader's attention then you should be all set ^^
I'm writing stories in my own time for fun but I feel my description of things is not that great but I still enjoy writing. I think you will be fine <3
PsychicClown
Been posting for a bit

Postby Doku » Wed May 18, 2022 3:39 pm

Write what you want. Using it as a finale certainly doesn't seem thematically inappropriate.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Scratch » Fri May 20, 2022 1:19 am

Yes yes of course!! If it's the focal point of the story drawing out the buildup and riding that tension to the end is exactly what you want to do.
What you don't want to do is go through all of that and not deliver on expectations.
Scratch
Somewhat familiar

Postby fixated1 » Fri May 20, 2022 3:08 pm

Is this smut or are you trying to say something else on a more literary level? If it's smut, it should have several scenes with payoffs with the final scene being your favorite. If it's more about something else, then there are still a lot of guidelines for creating stories. Act structure, hero's journey, that sort of thing. You can use those for erotic writing too. Just apply it to sexual tension as well as/instead of conflict.

Personally, stories like this are why I stopped reading vore stories on here. 25k words only to pay off with two sentences grabbing and gulping. I felt cheated. Don't do that.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GastricAztec » Fri May 20, 2022 3:36 pm

fixated1 wrote:Is this smut or are you trying to say something else on a more literary level? If it's smut, it should have several scenes with payoffs with the final scene being your favorite. If it's more about something else, then there are still a lot of guidelines for creating stories. Act structure, hero's journey, that sort of thing. You can use those for erotic writing too. Just apply it to sexual tension as well as/instead of conflict.

Personally, stories like this are why I stopped reading vore stories on here. 25k words only to pay off with two sentences grabbing and gulping. I felt cheated. Don't do that.

I want it to be more of a mainstream story that will also appeal to those within the giantess and vore communities. This will be a graphic novel.
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Flubber » Fri May 20, 2022 6:25 pm

Depends, depends.

Some people are just fine with the teasing, some are happy with the story. And then we have people who just want the vore scene.
In the end, you have to write what you want (or what you like).

Because otherwise it all just depends on who you want to please.
Flubber
New to the forum

Postby fixated1 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:29 am

GastricAztec wrote:
fixated1 wrote:Is this smut or are you trying to say something else on a more literary level? If it's smut, it should have several scenes with payoffs with the final scene being your favorite. If it's more about something else, then there are still a lot of guidelines for creating stories. Act structure, hero's journey, that sort of thing. You can use those for erotic writing too. Just apply it to sexual tension as well as/instead of conflict.

I want it to be more of a mainstream story that will also appeal to those within the giantess and vore communities. This will be a graphic novel.

If that's the case, I'd sell it to people as a mainstream story and come over here and wink at us, saying there's a vore scene at the end. It's not about vore, it's got a vore scene in it kind of deal
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby fixated1 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:32 am

Flubber wrote:Depends, depends.

Some people are just fine with the teasing, some are happy with the story. And then we have people who just want the vore scene.
In the end, you have to write what you want (or what you like).

Because otherwise it all just depends on who you want to please.

Absolutely. But don't mislead your customers. Be upfront about the story you're pitching. You don't have to give spoilers but hiding or misdirection on the genre is bad business
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion