Putting logic into vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Putting logic into vore

Postby Rejnka » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:12 pm

Flubber wrote:
Rejnka wrote:
TITANIUM! DOES! NOT! WORK! THAT! WAY!

*grumbles*

That's where you're wrong, peckerino

Get your new titanium bones with 75% off!
Buy now and get a platinum skull for free in this limited time offer!

Say no to big boned

Titanium has a similar strength-to-weight ratio to bone! That won't help at all, is my point!
Big nerd here to write cute vore. Switch.
Rejnka
Been posting for a bit

Postby coop500 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:38 am

Rejnka wrote:
Flubber wrote:
Rejnka wrote:
TITANIUM! DOES! NOT! WORK! THAT! WAY!

*grumbles*

That's where you're wrong, peckerino

Get your new titanium bones with 75% off!
Buy now and get a platinum skull for free in this limited time offer!

Say no to big boned

Titanium has a similar strength-to-weight ratio to bone! That won't help at all, is my point!

They were joking I believe haha
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby alockwood1 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:12 pm

It's one thing to be friends with a Predator, who might be protective of certain Prey, and perhaps the Predator goes after Prey that's harmful to the others.

But, why would a Predator Friend turn on their Prey Friend for no reason? A survival situation I get, the Prey turning out to be a jerk, and a few other things, but sudden betrayals? Of course, if it was a con, that's another matter.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby alockwood1 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:13 pm

One thing that bothers me, is in those Vampire and Werewolf movies were, after being infected with Bat or Wolf DNA, a Sapient Predator just goes after the humans that have been their friends for years. Now, feral/non-sapient predators might get a pass - like most zombies - but Jim the New Werewolf ought to know Best Buddy Tim is not on the menu, and that Jim should go after Slim, the fella that infected him.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Assimilation » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:19 am

alockwood1 wrote:It's one thing to be friends with a Predator, who might be protective of certain Prey, and perhaps the Predator goes after Prey that's harmful to the others.

But, why would a Predator Friend turn on their Prey Friend for no reason? A survival situation I get, the Prey turning out to be a jerk, and a few other things, but sudden betrayals? Of course, if it was a con, that's another matter.

Imagine that the predator is a jerk, deep down. That they've been chill and friendly all this time because they've never really had enough power to put that to the test. And now that they've gotten the power, they can let go of their self-restraint. No more caging their inner beast that's been thrashing inside all that time. Go wild, be free. Nothing needs to be sacred anymore.

To some of us, that's the part that's so sexually thrilling despite it being awful from a realistic mental space. I associate a lot of sexual feelings with awful things that would and do elicit negative emotions otherwise. People enjoy engaging in the space of villains, and when the arousal's all over, we can go back to a normal state of mind where we have no intention on actually being jerks or betraying people even if we do have power over them.
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby alockwood1 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:49 am

Well, role-play is one thing - I like playing as a Dhampir Tabaxi in D&D, and every so often, there's that someone that makes you want to extend your fangs and bite them, even drain them (first time doing that was a Nat20, with near max damage). But even so, said vampire cat knows that you can't just bite some folks, especially those you're trying to protect and such.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby alockwood1 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:24 am

The Human Farming Scenario -

As the son of a farmer, you need to know a few things.

Despite being Dumb Animals, those cute critters can do plenty of damage. Step on your toes, Shove you into a wall, Bite your fingers, and that's when they aren't doing things on purpose - goring, stomping, kicking, headbutting. Combine that with a creature that can actually use weapons - sticks, stones, and so on, and can plan things out - Human Farmer better be careful.

Also, factor in cost - it costs a quarter of a million US dollars to raise a human to the age of 20. Let's take away school, limit clothes during times only when walking around naked isn't viable (with limits on style of clothing), and you're still looking at food, water, medical, and shelter. That's going to cost $100,000+ in American dollars. Since one wants a profit, it's going to cost a would-be buyer of human meat easily double that much. Assuming a human is 200 pounds, let's look at 200 pounds of beef, at $6 per pound - it's about $1,200, and is far cheaper.

Yeah, humans best not be the primary source of food in a Predator-based society.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MyHeartInAcid » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:01 am

alockwood1 wrote:The Human Farming Scenario -

Despite being Dumb Animals, those cute critters can do plenty of damage. Step on your toes, Shove you into a wall, Bite your fingers, and that's when they aren't doing things on purpose - goring, stomping, kicking, headbutting. Combine that with a creature that can actually use weapons - sticks, stones, and so on, and can plan things out - Human Farmer better be careful.

Also, factor in cost - it costs a quarter of a million US dollars to raise a human to the age of 20. Let's take away school, limit clothes during times only when walking around naked isn't viable (with limits on style of clothing), and you're still looking at food, water, medical, and shelter. That's going to cost $100,000+ in American dollars. Since one wants a profit, it's going to cost a would-be buyer of human meat easily double that much. Assuming a human is 200 pounds, let's look at 200 pounds of beef, at $6 per pound - it's about $1,200, and is far cheaper.

Yeah, humans best not be the primary source of food in a Predator-based society.

Who asked
MyHeartInAcid
Somewhat familiar

Postby alockwood1 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:19 am

MyHeartInAcid wrote:
alockwood1 wrote:The Human Farming Scenario -

Who asked

Maybe I should of said, "I know a few things."

Still, folks thinking that farming scenarios always result in the livestock being fat, happy, and ready for slaughter know nothing.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I got to go rescue some city slicker from getting a horn from a pissed of cow shoved up their ass. They entered the wrong pasture to pet a calf.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Summerleaves » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:24 pm

I try to keep the rules in my stories consistent with my taste in vore. So since I usually like women preds, they've got to be "built different", or clever, or both when overcoming more powerful prey. I definitely invite this as an opportunity for myself to write more to solidify these rules of mine that are so far unspoken.
Summerleaves
Been posting for a bit

Postby alockwood1 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:26 pm

Summerleaves wrote:I try to keep the rules in my stories consistent with my taste in vore. So since I usually like women preds, they've got to be "built different", or clever, or both when overcoming more powerful prey. I definitely invite this as an opportunity for myself to write more to solidify these rules of mine that are so far unspoken.

Internal consistency is always useful.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby WesternBark » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:54 pm

alockwood1 wrote:One thing might be, how do Predators live with themselves after taking a life?

If they were a Protective Predator that took the life of a Prey that was a serious danger to other Prey - let' say that a Cat was on good terms with a group of Mice, only for a Rat to go around doing things that would get you the Death Sentence in most places, only for said Cat to catch the Rat in the Act and Eat them - they might sleep easy.

Or, again, Cat on good terms with Mice, one is fatally injured, or sick, and doesn't want to suffer, or wants Cat to eat them, again, Cat might sleep easy.

Of course, if Cat was a Serial Killer - that is filling the role as one, and not that of a protective predator - they'd probably sleep easy.

Still, maybe a Predator that's new to the whole Eating Other People thing might have issues.

I feel that our perceptions of how a predator would feel are probably quite shaped by our current society, where things like murder are bad, dehumanizing groups of people is bad, watching people die is bad (these are good things!) But throughout much of our history, humans doing horrible things was quite common in society. Armies would murder civilians as they pleased, people would watch public executions for entertainment, people would be tortured, or forced to fight to the death for entertainment. Millions of people have been dehumanized for a variety of horrible reasons.

What I'm saying is, historically, I feel that capability of cruelty without batting an eye was the norm for much of the world's history.

Given humanity's historical capacity for cruelty towards other people of the same species, I feel it's not much of a stretch to imagine in a world where there are predators and prey, that some sort of dehumanization of prey, or just plain cruelty, allows predators to not feel much guilt regarding their actions.

I think in a world like this, predators would be able to live with themselves quite easily. If, say, vore didn't exist, and you took our world and suddenly vore now did exist, then you'd run into those problems. If it's existed for a long time, society will have adjusted to where predators don't see it as a bad/evil thing, one way or another.
WesternBark
New to the forum

Postby alockwood1 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:11 pm

WesternBark wrote:
alockwood1 wrote:One thing might be, how do Predators live with themselves after taking a life?

If they were a Protective Predator that took the life of a Prey that was a serious danger to other Prey - let' say that a Cat was on good terms with a group of Mice, only for a Rat to go around doing things that would get you the Death Sentence in most places, only for said Cat to catch the Rat in the Act and Eat them - they might sleep easy.

Or, again, Cat on good terms with Mice, one is fatally injured, or sick, and doesn't want to suffer, or wants Cat to eat them, again, Cat might sleep easy.

Of course, if Cat was a Serial Killer - that is filling the role as one, and not that of a protective predator - they'd probably sleep easy.

Still, maybe a Predator that's new to the whole Eating Other People thing might have issues.

I feel that our perceptions of how a predator would feel are probably quite shaped by our current society, where things like murder are bad, dehumanizing groups of people is bad, watching people die is bad (these are good things!) But throughout much of our history, humans doing horrible things was quite common in society. Armies would murder civilians as they pleased, people would watch public executions for entertainment, people would be tortured, or forced to fight to the death for entertainment. Millions of people have been dehumanized for a variety of horrible reasons.

What I'm saying is, historically, I feel that capability of cruelty without batting an eye was the norm for much of the world's history.

Given humanity's historical capacity for cruelty towards other people of the same species, I feel it's not much of a stretch to imagine in a world where there are predators and prey, that some sort of dehumanization of prey, or just plain cruelty, allows predators to not feel much guilt regarding their actions.

I think in a world like this, predators would be able to live with themselves quite easily. If, say, vore didn't exist, and you took our world and suddenly vore now did exist, then you'd run into those problems. If it's existed for a long time, society will have adjusted to where predators don't see it as a bad/evil thing, one way or another.

Of course, it could depend on the situation.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ReigntheWeremunk » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:21 pm

i try to put some logic in my vore work but i guess i can only go so far in a illogical subject that is Vore itself, i mean unless your an owl or snake, vore doesn't happen, unless you get off on eating goldfish or something
ReigntheWeremunk
New to the forum

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:47 pm

Personally, I don't see what's the problem with putting logic into vore as long as the person in question isn't being pretentious about it. The willing suspension of disbelief is a sliding scale, not an on/off switch. I mean sure, the justification for why certain things are the way they are are ultimately determined by that person's preferences, but having a grounded and realistic explanation for why those preferences are there can make one's own vore world feel much more enjoyable. Even if that explanation doesn't explain every aspect.
Passionate advocate of female prey. As well as a passionate advocate of male preds to eat those ladies~ Though other preds are acceptable as well.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby doomed » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:17 pm

I do this a lot actually except not in a “question how vore works “ way , but more so “ question why this is “ way. However the reason I do it is to try and understand the setting the creators have . With so many different types of settings and situations it’s almost impossible for every creator to have the same exact logic .and since not everyone is into everything , it makes sense to ask these questions . As it helps to understand what kind of setting you are reading about

A notable time I did this on a series written a few years . Early on in the series the protagonists kills a character by burning them alive . I questioned how they could do this and rationalize themselves as the heroes .
However the author then explained their logic which was the way they portray vore itself is as a painful death anyway . Which is why killing someone by burning them alive wasn’t really a big deal . It was cruel but not illogical in the setting, this then changed the way I viewed the authors works entirely as now I understood further that the protagonist wasn’t some kind of hero , they were just the protagonist.

Ngl I’ve probably done this to some of the people in this thread . Even the same size joke one too, (although that I did to someone who I knew would find it funny )!
doomed
Participator

Postby Shoneid » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:55 am

My favorite is that a dark, lightless stomach has better lighting than my closet :lol:

Edit: Strictly meaning that the prey can see just fine, not that we can see the prey.
Shoneid
New to the forum

Postby Disgruntled » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:40 pm

I feel like this is the perfect area to ask this:

Can somepony please explain to me what the appeal is, when I read a vorish story involving the jaw popping loose for a wider mouth? Is it just for the realism, is it attractive? I’m not sold on it, but I want to read the words of someone who is.
You can't always take back what you've said. But you CAN continue onwards.
Disgruntled
Been posting for a bit

Postby BlackWidow552 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:27 pm

Disgruntled wrote:I feel like this is the perfect area to ask this:

Can somepony please explain to me what the appeal is, when I read a vorish story involving the jaw popping loose for a wider mouth? Is it just for the realism, is it attractive? I’m not sold on it, but I want to read the words of someone who is.

I use it mainly to make things a little more realistic, well considering that the rest of it is not really possible. The idea is mainly from snakes that are able to unlock their jaws to enable them to engulf larger prey. By adapting this a human predator allows the idea that someone swallowing another person is slightly more plausible, even though we know that swallowing a human whole just isn't able to be done. So to answer your question I mainly use it for realism not attractiveness.

Others of course may use it because they are attracted to the idea, or maybe hope one day of a human/snake genetic hybrid where maybe it could be done, but then that would make them a Lamia wouldn't it. Even if a human grew to be 10 feet tall one day, I think they would still have to be able to unlock their jaw to swallow a smaller 4 to 5 foot tall human, even if they could fit them in their stomach.
BlackWidow552
Participator

Postby Disgruntled » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:35 pm

BlackWidow552 wrote:
Disgruntled wrote:I feel like this is the perfect area to ask this:

I use it mainly to make things a little more realistic, well considering that the rest of it is not really possible. The idea is mainly from snakes that are able to unlock their jaws to enable them to engulf larger prey. By adapting this a human predator allows the idea that someone swallowing another person is slightly more plausible, even though we know that swallowing a human whole just isn't able to be done. So to answer your question I mainly use it for realism not attractiveness.

Others of course may use it because they are attracted to the idea, or maybe hope one day of a human/snake genetic hybrid where maybe it could be done, but then that would make them a Lamia wouldn't it. Even if a human grew to be 10 feet tall one day, I think they would still have to be able to unlock their jaw to swallow a smaller 4 to 5 foot tall human, even if they could fit them in their stomach.

Snakes can do that? And now that I envision a snake with an open mouth, it makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the feedback, bud!
You can't always take back what you've said. But you CAN continue onwards.
Disgruntled
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion