NS2:Combat Videogame Vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

NS2:Combat Videogame Vore

Postby Starcomet » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:02 pm

I am sure some on here know of the videogame Natural Selection and its sequel. The first game had an alien named Onus you could play as that had a devour ability you could use on other players. The ability got mixed reviews from fans and a vocal portion of them encouraged the developers to remove it in the sequel. But a free standalone version of the sequel, NS2:Combat, readded it. But it appears VERY few people play the standalone version anymore and now only play the vanilla version of the game. Does anyone here play this version and like to devour others with Onus? I am strongly considering downloading it and trying it out to see if I can get devoured.
Peace and Blessings to you,

Myron
Starcomet
Somewhat familiar

Re: NS2:Combat Videogame Vore

Postby Mech__Warrior » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:42 pm

Starcomet wrote:I am sure some on here know of the videogame Natural Selection and its sequel. The first game had an alien named Onus you could play as that had a devour ability you could use on other players. The ability got mixed reviews from fans and a vocal portion of them encouraged the developers to remove it in the sequel. But a free standalone version of the sequel, NS2:Combat, readded it. But it appears VERY few people play the standalone version anymore and now only play the vanilla version of the game. Does anyone here play this version and like to devour others with Onus? I am strongly considering downloading it and trying it out to see if I can get devoured.

I bought the game and like most prey-only people, wish I could get devoured more often in it but really, it's a dead game. It's got some amazing stomach textures and interaction, but the whole reason why the Onos could devour people in the first game is to counter Heavy Armor and put a player out of combat for around 90 seconds or so. Now that there are exosuits that can't get ate and pretty much a sign you're losing, it's a moot point.
Sorry for not posting, in college and stuff. Also, exams are this week. >.<
Mech__Warrior
???

Location: You could be proxy man. IMMA FIREWALLIN' MAH LAZOR!!

Postby Starcomet » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:57 pm

Mech__Warrior wrote:
Starcomet wrote:I am sure some on here know of the videogame Natural Selection and its sequel. The first game had an alien named Onus you could play as that had a devour ability you could use on other players. The ability got mixed reviews from fans and a vocal portion of them encouraged the developers to remove it in the sequel. But a free standalone version of the sequel, NS2:Combat, readded it. But it appears VERY few people play the standalone version anymore and now only play the vanilla version of the game. Does anyone here play this version and like to devour others with Onus? I am strongly considering downloading it and trying it out to see if I can get devoured.

I bought the game and like most prey-only people, wish I could get devoured more often in it but really, it's a dead game. It's got some amazing stomach textures and interaction, but the whole reason why the Onos could devour people in the first game is to counter Heavy Armor and put a player out of combat for around 90 seconds or so. Now that there are exosuits that can't get ate and pretty much a sign you're losing, it's a moot point.

It appears that the vanilla version of Natural Selection 2 is still active with some servers still remaining full. But the free standalone version that adds the devour ability back in is indeed practically dead from what I have read. And as you stated, they added exosuits that cannot be eaten and the fact you could easily add ways to hurt and do damage to Onus really makes the ability less of an issue than people make it out to be. It has in many ways been seen by some as a meme or troll ability sadly.

Myron
Starcomet
Somewhat familiar

Postby WPSmells » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:29 pm

Got a video of the being devoured experience?
WPSmells
New to the forum

Postby Starcomet » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:53 pm

WPSmells wrote:Got a video of the being devoured experience?

Here is one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFvsIWf ... Zj&index=6

Myron
Starcomet
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mawsome » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:08 pm

I remember coming across this many years ago, probably around the time the game came out. I ended up buying NS2 and playing it for a little bit, but after finding out devour wasn't a feature in the base game I kind of lost interest. To this day, I still really like the idea though, even it's not something the devs could ever balance. The concept of being able to eat an enemy soldier and then carry them around in your stomach for a period of time before either they are either saved or you manage to digest them is very much something that appeals to me.
Mawsome
Been posting for a bit

Postby Mech__Warrior » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:58 am

I've got four copies of this game. Apparently the source code is out there. I'd hate to ask for a hail mary, but the stomach textures seem incredibly realistic. Send me a message if you're curious.
Sorry for not posting, in college and stuff. Also, exams are this week. >.<
Mech__Warrior
???

Location: You could be proxy man. IMMA FIREWALLIN' MAH LAZOR!!

Return to General Vore Discussion