An evolutionary perspective on vore's existance.

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: An evolutionary perspective on vore's existance.

Postby HentaiMaster90000 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:31 am

Scratch wrote:Mice with Toxoplasmosis show a sexual attraction to predators, so the pathway probably goes a lot deeper than that.

I think you have to take into account that two, four, ten thousand years ago it was common for society to have things like virgin sacrifices and slavery, and it's impossible to know what the actual sexual makeup of humans was. Signs of cannibalism are common in neolithic sites. There could be entire submissive sado masochistic elements in sexuality that revolved around things we'd find brutal today, but the 'vector' is still there and vore certainly ticks a lot of things off depending on how you approach it.

There's also always the old freudian oral fixation/ anal expulsive/retentive relation to sexual arousal if you really want to go there, that I think ties pretty well to vore as a sexually arousing theme.

I find the toxoplasmosis explanation a bit redundant and not accurate enough, though I can't say much against it since I grew up around cats as a kid. The only thing is that toxoplasmosis affects mice brains in a way that removes their fear of cats. If it was really to blame for people having vore fetishes, then many more animals outside of mice and humans would be affected and would put themselves in harms way.

Vore as a fetish is too diverse of a fetish to effectively categorize as relating to a single pathway. Someone might be into Fpreds and milfs, another person might be into Mprey monster vore specifically. They're both into vore despite not sharing any actual tastes.

At most I think it's a crossed wire between the concept of eating and sex, mixed with some morbid curiosity.
HentaiMaster90000
Been posting for a bit

Postby Scratch » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:10 pm

HentaiMaster90000 wrote:
Scratch wrote:Mice with Toxoplasmosis show a sexual attraction to predators, so the pathway probably goes a lot deeper than that.

I think you have to take into account that two, four, ten thousand years ago it was common for society to have things like virgin sacrifices and slavery, and it's impossible to know what the actual sexual makeup of humans was. Signs of cannibalism are common in neolithic sites. There could be entire submissive sado masochistic elements in sexuality that revolved around things we'd find brutal today, but the 'vector' is still there and vore certainly ticks a lot of things off depending on how you approach it.

There's also always the old freudian oral fixation/ anal expulsive/retentive relation to sexual arousal if you really want to go there, that I think ties pretty well to vore as a sexually arousing theme.

I find the toxoplasmosis explanation a bit redundant and not accurate enough, though I can't say much against it since I grew up around cats as a kid. The only thing is that toxoplasmosis affects mice brains in a way that removes their fear of cats. If it was really to blame for people having vore fetishes, then many more animals outside of mice and humans would be affected and would put themselves in harms way.

Vore as a fetish is too diverse of a fetish to effectively categorize as relating to a single pathway. Someone might be into Fpreds and milfs, another person might be into Mprey monster vore specifically. They're both into vore despite not sharing any actual tastes.

At most I think it's a crossed wire between the concept of eating and sex, mixed with some morbid curiosity.

I don't think it's directly caused by toxo either, just that toxo is creating a neurological pathway that having a vore fetish may share. And I'd say that removal of fear is what allows curiosity to direct the mouse's actions... in other words the sexual attraction to the predator isn't the novel change, it's the suppression of that sexual attraction by fear being removed. There may be an innate sexual attraction to large predators and death that shares something with sexuality (which is in essence violation, pentration and domination, especially in animals), that fear normally 'filters' out to keep the alive. In humans like you say it may just be a matter of intellectual curiosity or some other fear-suppression from something being 'crossed' in our psychology, and our intense curiosity and comfortable lives that make predation an abstract concept. I think we're both saying the same thing with different words.
Scratch
Somewhat familiar

Postby HentaiMaster90000 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:09 am

Scratch wrote:
HentaiMaster90000 wrote:

I don't think it's directly caused by toxo either, just that toxo is creating a neurological pathway that having a vore fetish may share. And I'd say that removal of fear is what allows curiosity to direct the mouse's actions... in other words the sexual attraction to the predator isn't the novel change, it's the suppression of that sexual attraction by fear being removed. There may be an innate sexual attraction to large predators and death that shares something with sexuality (which is in essence violation, pentration and domination, especially in animals), that fear normally 'filters' out to keep the alive. In humans like you say it may just be a matter of intellectual curiosity or some other fear-suppression from something being 'crossed' in our psychology, and our intense curiosity and comfortable lives that make predation an abstract concept. I think we're both saying the same thing with different words.

Yeah, but if you ask, a lot of people would say that if it were possible irl, they would still be afraid. You have people saying that they had a vore dream and that it was terrifying. I don't think that the removal of fear that toxo causes is much of a factor when talking about something that is purely fictional
HentaiMaster90000
Been posting for a bit

Postby Scratch » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:45 am

HentaiMaster90000 wrote:Yeah, but if you ask, a lot of people would say that if it were possible irl, they would still be afraid. You have people saying that they had a vore dream and that it was terrifying. I don't think that the removal of fear that toxo causes is much of a factor when talking about something that is purely fictional

I don't know about dreams, I've had pleasant vore dreams before where I wasn't exactly afraid. But aside from that, what you're saying is exactly the point I'm making: removing actual fear by making it fictional is what allows all the non-fear, erotic aspects to appear, just like toxo removes fear in real life for these animals so that predation becomes sexual.
Scratch
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion