EDITED: Please Help Adding the "Boneless Scat" Tag

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Should the site gallery have a tag for scat without bones?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes : 39

EDITED: Please Help Adding the "Boneless Scat" Tag

Postby CuddleSlut » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:24 pm

Link for finding pics to tag Boneless Scat here

Link for helping approve tags here.

FINAL UPDATE: Checking in on the poll a week later, the vote is overwhelming in favor of adding a boneless scat tag to all relevant pics in the gallery. I originally planned to run another poll, in another thread to see what tag we all wanted to use, but nobody has come out in favor of any other tag than "boneless scat."

Please add the Boneless Scat tag to all relevant pics you find in the gallery and upvote appropriate tag proposals. I plan to do the same, starting with items from my favorites. Thanks to everyone who participated in the vote, and thanks in advance to everyone who helps with this tagging process.

ORIGINAL POST: While I'd like to think I'm not the kind of person who considers my tastes in vore objectively superior or actively dunks on other people's tastes, I really hate scat with bones in it. This wouldn't normally be a problem, but as far as I can tell, there is currently no widely-used tag for scat that does not contain bones.

I want to rectify this. Given that users on this site can add their own tags to gallery pieces, fixing this is theoretically as simple as adding the tag to as many qualifying art pieces as possible. However, if we're going to implement a tag for this kind of art-piece, we need some consensus on what that tag should be.

The purpose of this thread is to brainstorm ideas for what the tag should be named. I'll probably give members a week to give their suggestions, then launch a poll afterwards with all/as many suggestions as feasible. I'll kick us off with two possible tag names.

-Boneless Scat (currently applied to eight gallery items)
-Soft Scat (I've seen this possibility discussed on the forum once or twice but currently it is only applied to a single gallery item)

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

EDIT: So I just learned about the tag exemption function (ie., you can add "-" in front of a tag to exempt gallery items with that tag from the search) and I'm genuinely not sure if a tag for scat without bones is still necessary. I'm gonna float a poll here and see if the results indicate people being in favor or against.
Last edited by CuddleSlut on Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Play the latest release of Hell's Perversions, my demon, vore and transformation Twine game, here.
CuddleSlut
Somewhat familiar

Re: Need Tag Name for Scat Without Bones

Postby AwesomestPanda » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:14 am

It's not a new tag, but you can kind of get this functionality already:

https://aryion.com/g4/tags.php?tag=Scat ... n+scat%2C+

Adding a '-' in front of a tag will exclude it from results
AwesomestPanda
New to the forum

Postby TheDragonBoy » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:23 am

Was gonna mention the “-“ thing too, yeah. Though from my testing it seems to only work in the tags search page, not the other search page.

As for a single tag for this concept, I think “Boneless Scat” works. But getting someone to tag a piece based on what’s *not* in it might be hard.
TheDragonBoy
Somewhat familiar

Postby ItsSongxing » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:42 am

I like "Boneless Scat" as a specific name for it. AwesomestPanda's tag exclusion method does filter out some results, on the tag search (but not the search up top), but it's highly dependent on whether the uploader will use either of those tags; a random sample of the very first page of results shows a lot of people who aren't tagging the bones. "Soft Scat" gives me impressions of, like, the texture of the scat, and something like "Smooth scat" would imply no details at all - e.g., no clothing, hair, or other identifying factors that might be appealing to people who otherwise don't like bones.
ItsSongxing
Participator

Postby Trebortron3 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:21 am

My preference is for scat without bones too, although it's not a strict preference so I've been okay without the different searches so far. That said, I'm coming up to writing some scat scenes for my vore game at the moment and I've been going back and forth on this issue. I feel like bones are a big part of the enjoyment of scat scenes for a lot of people (particularly skulls, I guess as a link to what that scat used to be, appealing to feelings of humiliation and domination), but I also know that people like me would prefer it without. I've been trying to decide which approach would approach would satisfy (or at least, not disappoint/disgust) the most players. So I'll be following this threat closely to get a feel on peoples' strength of preferences for this.

ItsSongxing wrote:I like "Boneless Scat" as a specific name for it. AwesomestPanda's tag exclusion method does filter out some results, on the tag search (but not the search up top), but it's highly dependent on whether the uploader will use either of those tags; a random sample of the very first page of results shows a lot of people who aren't tagging the bones. "Soft Scat" gives me impressions of, like, the texture of the scat, and something like "Smooth scat" would imply no details at all - e.g., no clothing, hair, or other identifying factors that might be appealing to people who otherwise don't like bones.

Fully agree with all of this. I don't think 'Soft scat' would work, it's not clear what it means so I don't think it would catch on. 'Boneless scat' is very clear, and I think it'll work better than using a minus to remove terms like 'bones' because I'm not sure how many people use that tag.
Trebortron3
Participator

Postby CuddleSlut » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:40 am

AwesomestPanda wrote:It's not a new tag, but you can kind of get this functionality already:

Well darn. Wasn't expecting that. Really not sure what to do now.

On the one hand this is basically what I wanted, but on the other, having to add every exempt tag in addition to the scat tag is less than convenient. Messing around with the function just a bit has already revealed some shortcomings. It's extremely easy for content with bones to break through exemptions if you don't go for redundant tags.

For examples, I ran a search while exempting "bones", but a bone-scat pic slipped through because it was only tagged, "bones in scat." I suppose if I really wanted I could just bookmark the search results you linked, but that solution seems a little clunky, too.

Think I might run a poll here and see what the rest of the forum-users think.
Play the latest release of Hell's Perversions, my demon, vore and transformation Twine game, here.
CuddleSlut
Somewhat familiar

Postby Abyssal » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:32 am

Don't forget that you could use the addition suggestion thing to add 'bones' as a tag as well, which would take about the same effort as any of the other proffered solutions and perhaps have a smaller picture-base to need to tag.
Abyssal
Been posting for a bit

Postby CuddleSlut » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:37 am

Abyssal wrote:Don't forget that you could use the addition suggestion thing to add 'bones' as a tag as well, which would take about the same effort as any of the other proffered solutions and perhaps have a smaller picture-base to need to tag.

Honestly I doubt it would be a smaller picture base. It feels like at some point scat with bones became the default way to draw scat.

At this point I've kind of determined to the poll make the decision for me, though.
CuddleSlut
Somewhat familiar

Postby TETRO » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:30 pm

AwesomestPanda wrote:It's not a new tag, but you can kind of get this functionality already:

Cool! I didn't know you could do that! Thanks!

I just came here to joke about "boneless poop" but I ended up learning something.
"Be polite,
be professional,
but have a plan to eat everyone you meet."

-The Predator's Handbook
TETRO
Participator

Postby ItsSongxing » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:08 pm

TETRO wrote:I just came here to joke about "boneless poop" but I ended up learning something.

"Yo lemme get uuuuhhhhhhh a BONELESS POOP and uhhhh two liter of cock"
"fuck kinda poop??? and two liter machine Broke we got one liter tho"
ItsSongxing
Participator

Postby theonlymatt » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:02 pm

I'd go for that. Bones should be few and far between if they're present at all. My writing never has bones, to that end.
theonlymatt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vorpal » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:35 am

Just to let you know, the stomach digests bones, actually. If there isn't a digestion problem, bones do not survive stomach acids. To be more specific, hydrochloric acid removes calcium atoms from them, melting them away. Calcium is what makes bones hard and as soon as it is gone, the whole structure collapses.
Vorpal
Been posting for a bit

Postby CuddleSlut » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:13 am

Vorpal wrote:Just to let you know, the stomach digests bones, actually. If there isn't a digestion problem, bones do not survive stomach acids. To be more specific, hydrochloric acid removes calcium atoms from them, melting them away. Calcium is what makes bones hard and as soon as it is gone, the whole structure collapses.

So bones in scat aren't just unappealing to me, they're unrealistic! Clearly the greater sin. /jk
CuddleSlut
Somewhat familiar

Postby CuddleSlut » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:26 am

Bumping to make sure people see the final announcement and call for tag addition.
CuddleSlut
Somewhat familiar

Re: EDITED: Please Help Adding the "Boneless Scat" Tag

Postby CuddleSlut » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:24 am

Bumping one more time since the point of the thread has shifted, and I've changed the title.
CuddleSlut
Somewhat familiar

Postby CuddleSlut » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:17 pm

Heya folks. Wanted to touch base after this first week or so of my efforts to add Boneless Scat to as many relevant pictures in the gallery as possible.

Firstly I want to thank everyone who has already voted in Tag Approval to add the tag. This entire effort would be impossible without you. If you haven't been participating in Tag Approval votes, now's a a great time to start. We need just four votes per item to get the tag successfully added. Here's a convenience link to Tag Approval so you can start/continue contributing to the vote.

Secondly, while getting votes of approval on the Boneless Scat tag is vital to our efforts to spread the tag, remember that you can also contribute to this effort by adding in the tag, as I have already been doing. My method of finding appropriate pics was to use tag browsing to search the 'Scat' tag while also black-listing as many tags related to bones as possible. As above, here is a convenience link to the filter combination I use to find Boneless Scat pictures.

Thanks again to everyone helping us spread the tag so far! Please keep up the good work.
CuddleSlut
Somewhat familiar

Postby FishnorFowl » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:31 pm

Personally while scat is a hard limit for me it’s always good to have more tags that can make it easier for people to find what does match their preferences so if you feel it would help people find what better suits their preferences I’d say go for it
FishnorFowl
Somewhat familiar

Postby CuddleSlut » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:45 am

Heya folks. I know it's been quite a while since I pushed for this tag situation at all, but, given we're two days past vore day, Eka's has been more on mind in general, so I'd thought I'd give a shot to asking people to help with tag additions.

Several pics are are currently in Tag Approval and need a push to have Boneless Scat added. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.
CuddleSlut
Somewhat familiar

Postby CuddleSlut » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:31 pm

Quickie bump. Links to the filter combination I use to find pics to tags with Boneless Scat, as well as the Tag Proposal page where you can help lock in the tag to appropriate pics, have been added to the top of the OP. At the time of writing, a couple more pics are waiting for votes and are accessible via the second link.
CuddleSlut
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion