Digestion: should bones be digested or not?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Should bones be digested or not?

Bones should be digested
58%
Bones should be left intact
42%

Total votes : 197

Digestion: should bones be digested or not?

Postby Miridium » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:30 am

I'm of the preference that they should be. But what do you think?
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Digestion: should bones be digested or not?

Postby Tyslan03 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:06 pm

I think the bones should be damaged or fragmented but still there. I like the reminder that the pile of shit used to be someone.
Tyslan03
Participator

Postby Sitharc » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:24 pm

Tyslan03 wrote:I think the bones should be damaged or fragmented but still there. I like the reminder that the pile of shit used to be someone.

Agreed, except for the skull maybe, that can sometimes survive more intact as that especially is a nice morbid reminder that a pred's bowel movement used to be someone. Alongside hair and whatever else too if possible.

Also adds another layer to the morbidity of it all and something else the pred has to concern themselves with when applicable regarding making sure it's hidden away well enough, having to find other ways to destroy the bones, or if they risk it by keeping any of it as a fucked up trophy.

Great too if then or shortly after is when get caught as that's a good reason why aside from just a massive pile of smelly shit as to why the person discovering the pile screams. Or scaring the pred in the right scenarios when she thinks they will somehow survive or even unaware she had eaten anyone, then sees bones sticking out of her poop in the toilet bowl.
Sitharc
---

Postby RedNastyFox » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:33 pm

From biological standpoint most of the real life predatory animals digest bones, otherwise sharp fragments would rupture their bowels on their way out, and that isn't fun. :(
From personal taste standpoint - I like both options depending on what the idea of the story/artwork is. :)
RedNastyFox
Been posting for a bit

Postby FishnorFowl » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:28 pm

I like both actually, it might seem from that one thread that I always want the bones to be digested but that isn’t true, I do like bones sometimes, but it’s also good when they do get digested sometimes because there’s something…powerful about it and it allows them to get more nutrients from the prey and idk
But I do like bones making it out sometimes because of the morbid flair it adds
Not into scat at all personally though
Nothing to be ashamed of if you are into that though
FishnorFowl
Somewhat familiar

Postby gonzodingo » Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:15 pm

FishnorFowl wrote:But I do like bones making it out sometimes because of the morbid flair it adds

100% this is the reason I like bones to remain after digestion.
I look at a world gone mad and think to myself "Maybe I'm the crazy one".
gonzodingo
Somewhat familiar

Postby Assimilation » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:26 pm

Should?

I like when the bones remain because it's visually evocative of the prey's demise.

I like when the bones dissolve because it gives the impression of a powerful digestive system that treats people like unremarkable meat.

In our current reality, we can and do digest small amounts of animal bone—it's a matter of chemical compositions and it's no evolutionary accident—but I'm still impressed by the predator's power in scenarios where they are digesting the entire skeleton in a single day.
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ReigntheWeremunk » Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:21 pm

I prefer them not, i like my preds burping up the bones, as a trophy or something
ReigntheWeremunk
New to the forum

Postby MasterMage13 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:44 pm

At least some bones should make it out. Especially the skull.
MasterMage13
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nikkidafox » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:31 pm

I'm definitely not a fan of "entire skeleton makes it into the poop". Maybe a few bones scattered throughout. I do think that the prey's skull landing on top of the pile is sexy though.
Nikkidafox
Participator

Postby Humbug » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:33 pm

Assimilation wrote:Should?

I like when the bones remain because it's visually evocative of the prey's demise.

I like when the bones dissolve because it gives the impression of a powerful digestive system that treats people like unremarkable meat.

In our current reality, we can and do digest small amounts of animal bone—it's a matter of chemical compositions and it's no evolutionary accident—but I'm still impressed by the predator's power in scenarios where they are digesting the entire skeleton in a single day.

Yes, this. It depends on the scenario and what is being implied by their state. It's a narrative tool that tells you different things about both the predator and the prey.
I lean toward digesting every last bit, but hacking up bones/skulls or using them as a toothpick or something absolutely has its place in a number of powerful scenarios.
Humbug
---

Postby Randomdude5 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:31 pm

I think it is about personal preference, and what the author or artist wants to emphasize for the vore. Remember that what is kinky in vore beats realism. I think that many different ways can all be sexy, but it is about personal preference again. Here are a few that I think all would work if done right in vore.
All the prey's bones are completely digested, so there are none in the scat.
Only the skull survives digestion, and sits on top of the pile after the prey is dumped.
The prey's bones are crushed, and the scat pile has many bone fragments in it.
The prey's bones are not digested, but the connective tissue holding them together is, so the bones are in a jumble in the scat pile.
The prey's bones, and connective tissue are undigested, so the skeleton remains intact, and passes thru the intestines, and the pred has to shit out a skeleton.
The prey's bones are undigested, and the pred regurgitates them in a jumble.
The prey's entire skeleton remains intact, and the pred regurgitates it. It could even have some of the prey's undigested clothes still on it.

These are not the only options. I think many of you could think of more, or even combinations of these. If the prey's bones are not digested, I like it when the bones imprints are visible on the pred's abdomen.
Whatever it is, I didn't do it.
Randomdude5
Participator

Postby Reaverbot » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:09 pm

when it comes to disposal i don't find actual shit sexy or enticing, its the fact that it used to be a person. it's really gruesome and extreme domination, and things like bones b or even just recognizable items being in it (or leftover after CV) just adds to that.
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:37 pm

Realistically? Probs yes.
Kink wise? nope
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EnderDracolich » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:40 am

I'm in the 'intact but damaged' camp, along with a lot of other folks here.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby AzurePheonix » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:56 am

I would reckon the bones should be left intact enough to be noticeable, but dulled by stomach acids so that they don't tear up the intestines. In the pred's tight tubes, all that meat and bone will be neatly compacted into a single, firm, jumbo stool which contains the softened bone fragments.
The Azure Phoenix will spread his wings and fly with only the most Royal of Blue flares.
AzurePheonix
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RoTheHuman » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:48 pm

I think it depends on the pred! Is it a snakey pred? Then bones are digested. Is it a human pred eating a tiny? Leave some tiny little bones in there for everyone to see on the way out ;-)
RoTheHuman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby LordCrowe » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:05 pm

A lot of people here are talking about how there should at least be fragments of bone, but that would make my reason for voting no worse, not better!

Maybe it's just a failing of my own imagination, but the supernatural durability of the internals that allows vore? I can never imagine it continuing after the stomach.

Which means the bones are going to be incredibly painful going through the intestines, possibly extremely damaging too!

So yea, no, by the time you get out of the stomach in my ideal pred, your nothing but goop, and the feces are correspondingly nothing but brown.

Err... no offense intended to those of you who do have better imaginations and do in fact prefer bones.
LordCrowe
New to the forum

Postby TETRO » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:20 pm

To me it depends on the pred and prey involved. Some species just have easier to digest bones. Some preds just have stronger stomachs. I enjoy some variety, so I try to match whatever I feel makes sense for a particular pred and prey pairing when I write stories or RP. The fate of the bones was never a massive factor in how much I enjoy a scenario.
"Be polite,
be professional,
but have a plan to eat everyone you meet."

-The Predator's Handbook
TETRO
Participator

Postby Siuddithsi » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:32 pm

Depends on the pred and the kink.
Snakes digest bones.
Owls & cats cough up pellets and hairballs with bones & hair.
Kink-wise, apparently a lot of vorephiles like bone excrement scenes.
Siuddithsi
---

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion