Digestion: should bones be digested or not?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Should bones be digested or not?

Bones should be digested
58%
Bones should be left intact
42%

Total votes : 197

Re: Digestion: should bones be digested or not?

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:24 am

I personally prefer that bones get completely digested, or at least reduced to unrecognizable little fragments. I enjoy the absolute destruction of the prey. That almost all of their biomass is absorbed and repurposed for something, and what little that remains is unrecognizable as once being a living creature, let alone a person.
Passionate advocate of female prey. As well as a passionate advocate of male preds to eat those ladies~ Though other preds are acceptable as well.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby FishnorFowl » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:39 pm

Complete obliteration is good stuff
FishnorFowl
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ghrelin » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:55 pm

It's all a matter of preference, of course, but I can enjoy either. That said, I think I prefer some bones (especially the skull) remaining intact to be retrieved later. I love the idea of the prey leaving something behind, as well as the whole "bones in the pred's stomach" trope.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby LightDragon » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:07 pm

To me, digesting bones is not matter of possibility, it's a matter of time and efforts.

In my vore headcanon, bones are approximately thrice as resistant as the rest, so you need 3 times more time and efforts to digest bones than to digest the rest.

Some predators, depending on the species and experience, are able to do such an effort. However, more often than not, they will eat something else while they digest the bones of their previous prey.
Some predators, like normal humans or young animals, find it tiring and painful to digest bones, so they prefer to regurgitate the bones.
LightDragon
Participator

Postby Thirasin » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:36 am

I am sorry to take a meme quote: Both why not.
Thirasin
Somewhat familiar

Postby alockwood1 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:14 pm

Personally, I'd put in a "Depends on the situation" option.

To be fair, Disposal is not my kink - same with fatal digestion in general.

However, I have used the Bones in Scat thing for fitting situations.

For instance, in my "Fox Hunt" story, the main character finds evidence as to what's been causing folks to vanish when he finds a big pile of crap, and it's clear that the shitter's last meal wasn't Bambi or Porky.

Then, in "Feral Human Herd Report", I have a situation where the predator, after taking their shit, looks at the skull of their prey and spits on it, as a sort of last disrespect - it's actually mentioned that if the prey had been someone that they'd cared about, they'd of dug a hole first, and filled it in afterwards, out of respect.

Then, in "A Hard Choice", bones aren't really mentioned, but the Predator's Preys were given different colored dye pills to tell them apart - purple for a friend, yellow for an enemy.

In a few others, it's mentioned that the bones, after using the bathroom, would be ground up, before either going into the septic system, or being turned into fertilizer. In my "Meal-Pet-Slave" interactive, there's even a scene where the Predator looks at the skull of their MPS before pressing the button for the bone grinder, remarking that the MPS looked better with flesh and eyes. Thankfully for him, there's reformation in this interactive, and she's waiting for him.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Isencris » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:05 pm

For me, it's depends on the predator and their type of body acid. I like to think some can digest the bones, and others can't so they have to cough it up. Sometimes it's just cartoon physics doing the rest, why not integrate these bones into the body of the predator and expand them in some form?
Isencris
New to the forum

Postby ScarKnight » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:23 pm

I'm not too fond of super tight bellies and not digesting bones tends to be paired with really detailed bulges of them in the stomach, which I very much do not care for. I have, however become increasingly fond of horking up a skull after the digesting is done; in general I like there to be some remnant of the prey's demise remaining behind and, while I generally prefer weight gain, that's also a fun way to do it.
ScarKnight
Been posting for a bit

Postby alockwood1 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:27 pm

ScarKnight wrote:I'm not too fond of super tight bellies and not digesting bones tends to be paired with really detailed bulges of them in the stomach, which I very much do not care for. I have, however become increasingly fond of horking up a skull after the digesting is done; in general I like there to be some remnant of the prey's demise remaining behind and, while I generally prefer weight gain, that's also a fun way to do it.

There is a comedic aspect to that, I'll admit.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MajinCell » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:30 pm

I say the former for the most part. If only because seeing bones (especially too many of them) inside my favorite pred's stomach can be disgusting and a total unmitigated turn-off for me.

Nevermind the "end results" being expelled and shat out of the pred.
MajinCell
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Qqqqqqqqqqqq » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:41 am

I’m in the no-bones camp solely because the idea of there being absolutely nothing left of a prey except the fat on their pred’s ass is incredibly appealing to me. No need for a reminder that they were once a person, from now until eternity they will be remembered as they ultimately were: nothing more than food.
Qqqqqqqqqqqq
New to the forum

Postby xXJohnodireXx » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:09 am

Ehh, to me it's all depending on what mood I'm in. I find bones in uh, disposal pics to be pretty damn hot. But for when I'm not in the mood for that, I like it when the pred belches up the bones undigested.
I just realized both of those options result in undigested bones. So I guess that's my position on the topic.
xXJohnodireXx
New to the forum

Postby alockwood1 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:39 pm

xXJohnodireXx wrote:Ehh, to me it's all depending on what mood I'm in. I find bones in uh, disposal pics to be pretty damn hot. But for when I'm not in the mood for that, I like it when the pred belches up the bones undigested.
I just realized both of those options result in undigested bones. So I guess that's my position on the topic.

Personally, I feel it depends on the situation, like if bones are needed for a last respect/disrespect type of thing or not.

Haven't done a bird predator, those might cough up the bones, like owls and birds of prey.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zangoose » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:22 pm

I think bones should be digested... Very, very slowly. Like, if the skin and flesh are digested in a day or two (Standard in my fantasies), then the bones should take a matter of weeks. This means that while one could definitely digest them, it might be more convenient to just hack them back up.
Just your friendly neighborhood M/M enthusiast.

For Vore code, see https://bit.ly/2GoUFwl
Zangoose
Somewhat familiar

Postby JettCabino » Tue May 02, 2023 8:32 pm

I love both. Digested bones means the pred is so much more devastating with their tract, while having bones is a hot showcase that the prey is dead. I would love a male pred to end me in either way.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=57209
My rp interests ^^^
JettCabino
Somewhat familiar

Postby yibbet » Wed May 03, 2023 3:27 pm

i love how cruel it looks to see a pile of bones afterwards. though sometimes it doesnt make sense, like if the prey is absorbed completely or if the pred would biologically digest bones irl. I also love when theres nothing left. it depends on how cruel you're going for i guess.
yibbet
New to the forum

Postby TheAssAssassin69 » Wed May 24, 2023 12:12 pm

It all depends on if you find it sexy or not. But I like to think that the more trained stomachs, ones that eat people almost every day, digest everything... Hair, bones, even clothing. But the stomachs of a more inexperienced pred would still have some indigestible items left passing through their intestines.
TheAssAssassin69
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheAssAssassin69 » Wed May 24, 2023 12:14 pm

LordCrowe wrote:A lot of people here are talking about how there should at least be fragments of bone, but that would make my reason for voting no worse, not better!

Maybe it's just a failing of my own imagination, but the supernatural durability of the internals that allows vore? I can never imagine it continuing after the stomach.

Which means the bones are going to be incredibly painful going through the intestines, possibly extremely damaging too!

So yea, no, by the time you get out of the stomach in my ideal pred, your nothing but goop, and the feces are correspondingly nothing but brown.

Err... no offense intended to those of you who do have better imaginations and do in fact prefer bones.

I mean, seeing as the mouth and throat can stretch 20 times bigger than usual, I just imagine that the intestines can do the same. But I get where you're coming from, I have a similar problem with anal vore... It just makes no sense
TheAssAssassin69
Been posting for a bit

Postby RavenousLizard » Wed May 31, 2023 8:05 pm

Depends for me, really. Showing the remains is a way of portraying the total domination over the prey, but total absorption of the prey's entire body can also give that effect.
"I swallow humans and Pokemon alike. Prey never escapes the pursuit of yours truly, the undisputed king of the forests - Sylvian the Grovyle."

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/voraciouslizard/ My vore art.
RavenousLizard
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vorpal » Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:39 am

Definitely.

I find bones' presence in the waste disturbing and it also feels unnatural. I can ignore them if the story/art is good but bones are never a plus for me.
Vorpal
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion