Unable to enjoy own content and commissions

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Unable to enjoy own content and commissions

Postby Voytsik » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:03 pm

Yes, this is a very familiar situation to me. This can be related to different things that I do (translate a book, manga, create a game and play rp). Most of all, this is expressed when creating a game. In other activities, this is not so noticeable but also takes place. I can say that even though my own content rarely excites me, the creation process itself brings me different emotions. It's such a pleasure to see when a piece in a game finally works and looks better.

I don’t know how anyone copes with this, but I can offer one option. I have been translating one book for almost 5 years (it is a web novel with 2100+ chapters, and I have only translated 813 of them). I can't imagine how the author feels when writing such a large book, but as a translator, it's not always easy for me to enjoy my work either. But if I read chapters that I translated a year or more ago, their text will feel very different to me.

I think this could apply to something else. You have to finish some work, let your brain forget about it for a bit, and then come back to it. Time may help in such a situation.
Voytsik
Been posting for a bit

Postby alockwood1 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:23 pm

Voytsik wrote:Yes, this is a very familiar situation to me. This can be related to different things that I do (translate a book, manga, create a game and play rp). Most of all, this is expressed when creating a game. In other activities, this is not so noticeable but also takes place. I can say that even though my own content rarely excites me, the creation process itself brings me different emotions. It's such a pleasure to see when a piece in a game finally works and looks better.

I don’t know how anyone copes with this, but I can offer one option. I have been translating one book for almost 5 years (it is a web novel with 2100+ chapters, and I have only translated 813 of them). I can't imagine how the author feels when writing such a large book, but as a translator, it's not always easy for me to enjoy my work either. But if I read chapters that I translated a year or more ago, their text will feel very different to me.

I think this could apply to something else. You have to finish some work, let your brain forget about it for a bit, and then come back to it. Time may help in such a situation.

Know the general feeling.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Scratch » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:13 pm

Usually a story is more 'pure' in my head than when I write it, and when I write it it's a long process where at the end I've gone through the story maybe 5 or 10 times, and if I read over it again I'm going to spend more time thinking about the writing process than just enjoying the story. I'm always more interested in what other people write or draw and how they approach the fetish themselves.
I also love writing for other people, outside of the usual commission woes; it's fascinating to me to take a prompt from someone else and see how well I can match what they're asking, and it's fun to explore other fetishes or vore itself in a different way that I wouldn't on my own.
When it comes to writing for yourself vs other people imo that is what separates a hobbyist from an actual writer. Writing is about communicating to other people and having an audience in mind. That audience does want to see what you're offering at the same time, and you shouldn't lose sight of that, but this 'only write/create for yourself' ideology is imo super counterproductive. What is the point of creating something if it's already in your head? I don't generally write my fantasies out unless I think other people want to read them.
Scratch
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion