Why same size more popular than macro/micro/size difference?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Why same size more popular than macro/micro/size difference?

Postby Miridium » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:13 am

Had to butcher the grammar due to the character limit.
No I am NOT trying to shit on peoples' preferences. I fully respect that other people have different tastes than me.

What I'm asking is to help me understand. Why is it that same size seems to be the most popular form of vore? Macro/micro and size difference by comparison, are few and far between in terms of works produced.

So what gives? What makes same size so widespread?
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Why same size more popular than macro/micro/size differe

Postby JackSpades » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:36 am

Probably because to be into size difference vore you need to be into size difference in the first place. So same size requires one less additional kink.
JackSpades
Somewhat familiar

Postby Custodian » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:53 am

Big bellies = hot.

Jokes aside big bellies do overlap with a lot of other fairly common fetishes like pregnancy, stuffing, BBW, so I think a lot of people into one or a few of those end up overlapping into vore through shared media. That's what happened for me anyway, started with pregnancy fetish stuff which inevitably leads to same size vore fetish stuff (especially videos on YouTube) and BAM into both.
Custodian
Been posting for a bit

Postby Kiritaba » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:08 am

Custodian wrote:Big bellies = hot.

Jokes aside big bellies do overlap with a lot of other fairly common fetishes like pregnancy, stuffing, BBW, so I think a lot of people into one or a few of those end up overlapping into vore through shared media. That's what happened for me anyway, started with pregnancy fetish stuff which inevitably leads to same size vore fetish stuff (especially videos on YouTube) and BAM into both.

This was the exact case for me, yep... I'd say I personally find the feat of a predator eating someone around their own size to be more impressive than just, eating someone that's significantly smaller than them. Plus, I mean, big bellies are hot, and I love seeing them struggle to handle the full weight of another human. As for why I'd prefer same size over like, just macro prey with a normal sized pred, I guess I have a comfort spot for just how big I like things to be, not necessarily to keep things "realistic", but I can just look at something and think....yeah that's about right. Now creatively, I'll admit, it may be a lot easier for me to write the macro/micro as opposed to same size, but in a way it almost feels...kinda cheap (for what I do, not in general), so I haven't really touched it too much.
Kiritaba
New to the forum

Postby RedNastyFox » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:58 am

Custodian wrote:Big bellies = hot.

Double that. Started with belly stuffing fetish and then got into vore. Big belly bulge is the most important thing for me in vore. No bulge - no fun. :D
RedNastyFox
Been posting for a bit

Postby [Dinobonoid] » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:38 am

I can't speak much to why it's widespread now, but I think it's interesting to note that around a decade ago, same-size was far less prevalent than it is today. Micro/Macro was the dominant portrayal of vore, with creators like Karbo specializing in it, but somewhere along the way same-size became the most common.

So who knows what the case will be in another 10 years.
Я питалась лесбиянками
[Dinobonoid]
---

Postby TETRO » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:40 am

With same size vore, you can possibly have normal sex with the other person. There's also some ambiguity over who might eat who, which creates some tension. You can have more of a normal human relationship with someone in same size vore. With macro/micro, there's an immediate, intrinsic pred/prey relationship because "big thing eat small thing" is a basic principle of nature. Same size vore is a bit more personal and intimate because you're both seeing each other on the same level. With micro/macro, it's much easier for the prey to be an afterthought to the predator. Because of all these factors, same size and macro/micro have different "feels" to them and some people will generally gravitate toward one or the other.

There's also the simple reason that other people pointed out: macro/micro is an overlap with a size fetish which not everyone who's into vore has.

Personally, I enjoy both same-size and macro/micro for their own merits. They create different types of scenarios that both have a lot of possibilities.
"Be polite,
be professional,
but have a plan to eat everyone you meet."

-The Predator's Handbook
TETRO
Participator

Postby Sitharc » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:14 pm

As others have said... big bellies are hot and many other kinks involve those too and are easily able to take an image meant for one kink and imagine/tweak it to fit another one. I can look at preg imagines for example and imagine those inside are being digested instead or look at a general weight gain piece and wonder who/what all she could've eaten to get that big or imagine her having eaten a lot more and had actually slimmed down to the size in said image.

For others that actually make the content, I imagine for some of them aside from kink reasons, it's also just easier and/or more fun for them to draw people that are roughly at the same size scale than deal with complex angles, POVs, and whatnot that'd require more effort at times if had size difference.

I for one enjoy both kinds of content, and wish could find more who also enjoy both as it seems most are either into one or the other for the most part if not completely. As with size difference stuff, it tends to be easier to pull off vore that's accidental to even full on unaware which can be quite fun to explore a pred having no idea they were the cause of a loved one disappearing. Great when their prey is banging on their lining and they have no idea their friend or family member is inside them about to die a horrific death.
Sitharc
---

Postby FishnorFowl » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:03 pm

I like both

Macro/micro is great for the prey being completely dominated and helpless, at the mercy of the significantly larger predator

Same size means they can have more intimate and equal interactions and the domination angle isn’t there as much which can be fun sometimes actually
And there’s the thing someone else mentioned where who eats who is more ambiguous
Although of course larger prey smaller pred is a thing so you could still turn the tables if you really wanted to but I’m not really into larger prey except for maybe similar size where there’s only a few feet of size difference like 1-3 and the pred is a hammerspace pred
FishnorFowl
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rat_Guy » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:02 am

I believe this might be a form of confirmation bias. You, as a fan of micro/macro, have sifted through most of that content and found the pieces of art that you like, now when you go searching for new stuff you click on stuff you haven't seen yet and since you've already seen all the micro/macro stuff you usually end up looking at something in the same size category, so it creates the illusion of there being more same size stuff. Meanwhile I like same size, so I have the opposite effect, and to me it seems like there's more micro/macro stuff. In reality, they're probably about the same.
Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Postby Septia » Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:41 pm

Rat_Guy wrote:I believe this might be a form of confirmation bias. You, as a fan of micro/macro, have sifted through most of that content and found the pieces of art that you like, now when you go searching for new stuff you click on stuff you haven't seen yet and since you've already seen all the micro/macro stuff you usually end up looking at something in the same size category, so it creates the illusion of there being more same size stuff. Meanwhile I like same size, so I have the opposite effect, and to me it seems like there's more micro/macro stuff. In reality, they're probably about the same.

This. It is part of a confirmation bias or familiarity bias.

And in terms of prey sizes I prefer when they leave an impact on the pred's body.
I am usually available for writing commissions concearning most strange ideas your mind can conjure up.
Yes, even that.
Septia
Somewhat familiar

Postby EnderDracolich » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:27 am

[quote="Miridium"Why is it that same size seems to be the most popular form of vore? Macro/micro and size difference by comparison, are few and far between in terms of works produced. [/quote]

I suppose my first question would be to challenge that assumption: Is same-sized the most popular form of vore? Artists like Karbo, JoraBora, and Vaderaz, among many others, are hugely successful doing macro/micro work. In point of fact, I would guess that Felarya is the single most successful Vore project, in terms of both content produced and in terms of revenue.

That said, Macro/Micro work does seem a little less common on Eka's compared to same sized stuff? Possibly because a lot of Macro/Micro work isn't posted on Eka's—it's posted on DA or other sites. DeviantArt is a veritable mecca for Giantess content, and most of the artists who post there don't seem to have accounts here. People like Karbo are the exception rather than the rule.

If I was going to guess why, I would probably say it has something to do with the fact that most of the artists that Eka's formed around, decades ago, were same-sized artists. People with similar interests attract each-other in kink spaces, and it just happens that this particular space solidified around mostly-same-sized content.

Likewise, FA is dominated by M-pred, especially M/M vore, and DA is dominated by F-pred giantess stuff, because those are the types of vore content that became popular on those platforms first, and which those communities nucleated around. You can find all sorts of vore on both of those sites, and on Eka's too, but certain types are more popular in each community.

Now. If you wanna know why people like same-sized content to begin with... frankly, trying to explain kink attraction is a wasted effort IMO, at least outside of peer-reviewed academic works. Lots of people like lots of things for lots of complicated reasons, and if you're not into something, it's hard to see the appeal from the outside.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 2Ron2R » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:45 am

According to the 2021 (I can't find results for the 2022 survey. If they've been published and I just missed them feel free to point them out.) Eka's Portal Vore Survey: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSHbR43sB8am8Dn8Hwd8O7k681oSAG50Eejptw6X6yhyGUP6BCzOaDlOeQY9rwjP-zFZjTUkNYZgiBD/pub#h.9xmhlv1bh2g9
At least here on Eka's there is a decided preference for same size. As to whether that is true outside of Eka's Portal and what the reasons for it are, well the suppositions earlier in this thread are as good as any.
To regurgitate or not to regurgitate, that is the question: Whether it is nobler in the stomach to digest one's prey or let them out to live another day?
2Ron2R
New to the forum

Postby Drages » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:15 am

Same size looks mostly silly to me and macro is a different content as it is. I like the size difference where prey got enough space and mouth to take the pred inside without ridiculous looking bulges and huge mouths.
Testament of Minos, a game about the Minotaur's Sister with humiliation, vore and more..
https://testamentofminos.com
Drages
New to the forum

Postby Tril » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:34 am

Macro will always be special and the best for me.

There is a time and a place for big bellies though too <3

That said, I have a theory. That Selrena from Men in Black 2 was a large influence to modern day content creators. That and the flooding of same size stuff when you search for vore on YouTube compounding it and influencing even more people just getting their feet wet in the scene.
Tril
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Filan » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:26 pm

I have to have large size differences, for me its just my suspension of disbelief cant accept same size. Where as macro/micro you could see someone swallowing a shrunken person whole if they are small enough.
Elven Captain and Owner of the S.S. Hyperion, Hyperion Class Airship Luxury Liner Converted to Cargo hauler
Finest ship to fly the skies of Earth
Filan
???

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:45 am

Personally, I love both same size and macro/micro. However, my favorite is size difference (when the prey is smaller than the pred but not to the extreme of macro/micro. Like, half the height of the pred give or take). So it's unfortunate that it's the rarest of the 3. Hell, I'd be willing to hazard a guess that one of the reasons I like loli prey so much is because it tends to have that difference in height (at least in scenarios where the pred is an adult), and I've been leaning more into that theory as I discover that I also love seeing girls of other body types that are short, but not necessarily minigirl size, getting eaten too (Shortstack prey, petite prey, Goblin/Gnome/Halfling prey, etc.).
Passionate advocate of female prey. As well as a passionate advocate of male preds to eat those ladies~ Though other preds are acceptable as well.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby FishnorFowl » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:01 am

Not into underage personally but yeah size difference that’s sort of in the gray area between same size and macro/micro is excellent stuff and we need more of it
FishnorFowl
Somewhat familiar

Postby fixated1 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:19 pm

I prefer macro micro, but my response is "what makes us like any of this at all?" I don't know. None of it makes sense from step 1, but here we are. I wish I could give you an answer. The best I've got is don't spend too much time worrying about the why unless you're a psychologist or you need to see one because it's affecting your life outside of the occasional fantasy.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Bradleymiddler » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:46 pm

Other than chance and demographics I'd say it's the intimacy. Macro/micro just doesn't have the same vibe as same-size or even mild size difference. There's barely any bulges, or even a real sense that someone is being swallowed whole.
Bradleymiddler
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion