Stop opening new threads unless necessary!

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Stop opening new threads unless necessary!

Postby Eka » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:55 am

I would really appreciate it, if you are the original creator, and are going to continues creating new material to post on this forum. Please put all work that belongs to you in one single thread instead of making a new thread for each individual item. And simply respond to that thread later if you have more new stuff.

Same goes for an announcement of new stuff. If you tend to keep making announcements every time you post something to a gallery, put all your announcements in the same thread!

That would help with having a lot of new threads spamming the latest topic list all at once, and several benefits:

1) The users can subscribe to your thread, so whenever something new comes up they will be notified.
2) User don't need to look for post or check every forum to make sure they didn't miss any posing
3) It keeps a good record of your contribution
4) It keeps discussion and comment in one place, easier for author to check, and more traffic to one thread would generate more comments

For new users: To start sending Private message or posting in the forum. please go to our welcome thread and say hello first! Your post might have to be approved before you are allowed to start sending private messages or opening a new thread to eliminate spambots and various other threats.
Thank you
Last edited by Eka on Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eka
Administrator

Re: About posting your work on this forum

Postby TW » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:44 am

Ouch. Its gotten that bad huh? I'll be sure and post my stuff in my gallery. :)
I love bellies! Round, Soft, hard, Prey filled, food filled, Inflated, or Pregnancy, so long as it is big and round. :)

I am a maieusophile are you?

TW
Belly Loving Author

Postby Shadow_Walker » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:56 am

Sorry, I'm one of the ones who ended up double posting. I thought I wasn't supposed to put work in the GVD section and tried to move it. Won't happen again. :oops:
Shadow_Walker
Mud

Postby Z_Evil » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:58 am

TW wrote:Ouch. Its gotten that bad huh? I'll be sure and post my stuff in my gallery. :)

yeha... thats all i do now really. I post in a thread that i have an update, link to my gallery in the first post
Z_Evil
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby James » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:38 pm

Are we going to have 4,000 galleries of half-assed photo manipulations now?
James
Participator

Postby TastyToni » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:39 pm

Yay! I've been a good boy! I've already been doing just this! :D

(What a creep huh? :) )
I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius.
TastyToni
Participator

Postby Umiriko » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:02 pm

wow ^_^ for once im not in the wrong ^^
I now stream. Casual games with vorish discussion while hanging out with tasty treats. Would love to see you there sweetie <3
https://www.twitch.tv/umi_durg
Umiriko
Most Talkative Dragon, ever

Postby Eka » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:41 pm

James wrote:Are we going to have 4,000 galleries of half-assed photo manipulations now?

Gallery never accepted photo morph. It is called "drawing" for a reason, the only exception is rendering image, which all the model used in those 3d image should be self made to be considered qualified.

Shadow_Walker wrote:Sorry, I'm one of the ones who ended up double posting. I thought I wasn't supposed to put work in the GVD section and tried to move it. Won't happen again. :oops:

This isn't about double posting. It is strictly for people who make a new topic on EACH OF THEIR creation instead of claiming a personal thread and respond to it when new stuff come in.

Z_Evil wrote:yeha... thats all i do now really. I post in a thread that i have an update, link to my gallery in the first post

If you have an album yourself, link is better. Comment in the same place will generates more comment, and are easier to respond to, which, will also generates more comment when you respond to comments made to you.

Umiriko wrote:wow ^_^ for once im not in the wrong ^^

Dragons these day are sooo chatty... =P
Eka
Administrator

Postby Umiriko » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:55 am

hay there is nthing wrong with me talkative is there eka :P *licks playfuly* o btw you look very good in the group pic off to the side, just liked you asked
I now stream. Casual games with vorish discussion while hanging out with tasty treats. Would love to see you there sweetie <3
https://www.twitch.tv/umi_durg
Umiriko
Most Talkative Dragon, ever

Postby Eka » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:08 pm

Umiriko wrote:hay there is nthing wrong with me talkative is there eka :P *licks playfuly* o btw you look very good in the group pic off to the side, just liked you asked

Chatty, no, nothing wrong but off topic and spammy, yes. =P stick to topic, ok?
Eka
Administrator

Postby Eka » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:42 am

This need a sticky
Eka
Administrator

Postby Fidel2323 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:05 pm

Im sorry... sniff...
It was me, who made two topics for my new stuff... sniff...
I will be a good boy now.
Promised
Fidel2323
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Naman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:50 am

Thank you so much. <3
A place to hang out with other vores on IRC! irc://irc.yafas.net/vore
(For more info, and forums: http://vore.yafas.net )
Naman
something normal

Postby Eka » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:42 am

bump
Eka
Administrator

Postby AM » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:47 am

Good thing I now post everything i've made in one topic.
AM
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: I would tell you, but she keeps moving everywhere, so I don't have a location.

Postby Removeduser2161 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:46 pm

Haha My web site has had trouble with people making unnecessary threads too :lol:
Removeduser2161
Been posting for a bit

Thread

Postby HardVorePredatrix » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:40 pm

Yah, I will wait untill I have something to post and then I will post it in one of my previous threads, I see it as a useless waste of board space and a turn-off for my readers, who wants to read an addition to my story if I have it scattered all to hell on the boards?
Tits and Ass I have, Tits and Ass you have, Why dont we share em'?
HardVorePredatrix
New to the forum

Re: Stop opening new threads unless necessary!

Postby DinSumIn » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:02 pm

Eka wrote:Please put all work that are belong to you in one single thread instead of making new thread for each individual item. And simply respond to that thread later if you have more new stuff.

Sorry, didn't realize I was breaching protocol. Can you give me an example on how to do this. Is a Thread the same as a post? This may help more nub's other than myself. Also, should I delete my photo manip or keep it? It's no big deal to me. I can keep my gallery all drawings. Thanks.

Peace.
DinSumIn
Somewhat familiar

Postby bbsnake » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:09 am

DinSumIn wrote:Is a Thread the same as a post?

The phpBB software also identifies it as a "topic" sometimes. Called a thread for a lot of reasons, and is usually a string of sequential replies. In other words, Din will have one topic that Din digs up every time Din has something to show that Din did, so that ways there isn't dozens of Din threads. Also, one can just browse that one topic and see all the work along with comments, and it'll be your special thread, one of your very own.

The Eka's Portal forum module must have quite an extensive ammount of database entries by know. Imagine what it's going to be like in four years. How many topics, how many total comments, users. Tidying it up now is good practice.
bbsnake
Been posting for a bit

Postby DinSumIn » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:56 pm

Hey thanks for the info. I appreciate it!
DinSumIn
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion