Vore Game Godsend? Also: possible best game ever.

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Vore Game Godsend? Also: possible best game ever.

Postby Xen » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:50 pm

Watch this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 98&q=spore

And then go here:
http://spore.ea.com/

OMG! OMG! OMG!

::Gamergasm::
Xen
Participator

Postby Arkleseisure » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:45 pm

That, my friend, is sexcellant.

SEXCELLANT!
Arkleseisure
Been posting for a bit

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:52 pm

what's the big deal it looks entertaining but not "Sexcellant"

Postby Dreamer » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:54 pm

I have been whatching this game for a year, it comes out Q3 as far as I can tell. I believe that means the third quarter or more specificly some time this fall.
Dreamer
Been posting for a bit

Postby tummy_time » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:18 pm

This game actualy looks amazing there are no limits you can go anywhere you want!! I bet its gona cost abit to. Maby you can create a giant monster that eats smaller creatures that will be truly amazing!
tummy_time
Participator

Postby Terastas » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:23 pm

Anonymous wrote:what's the big deal it looks entertaining but not "Sexcellant"

It is just standard open-ended gameplay, but the beauty in Spore is in how it has redefined, and could possibly completely reformat and revolutionize the gaming industry. When Spore was first introduced, developers were predicting that, in order to be competetive on the next set of consoles, they would need to continually hire more programmers and more designers per game. What Will Wright has done is introduced a program that simplifies the designing period by allowing the gamers to only develop the structure and allow the program to define the animation.

The program used in Spore could very well end up being the medium for game development in the future. Why spend hours trying to script a 3D character's movement when you can just design the body and see how it walks automatically?

Funny thing is, however, that even considering how revolutionary this game is, the best part for me was still Wright's sense of humor. The mating music and "I insisted we design a care bear" were the best parts of the video for me.
Terastas
Cobalt Cat

Postby Smokescale » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:50 pm

In the words of Peter Griffin...This thing looks "Freakin' sweet!" I have never been so impressed by the scope of a video game, going from the microscopic level out to the intergalactic level! I cannot wait to see what else this game brings to the table! (Of course, I'll need a better computer to play it *cries*)

One of my favorite parts was where he blew up the planet after claiming to be peaceful. *chuckles* It's how ID4 got started!! (That's the movie "Independence Day" for those of you who don't remember)
Smokescale
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Terastas » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:34 pm

Dreamer wrote:I have been whatching this game for a year, it comes out Q3 as far as I can tell. I believe that means the third quarter or more specificly some time this fall.

A little sooner than that. Q3 covers the months July, August and September, so if it's due out for Q3, we should see it by this fall.
Terastas
Cobalt Cat

Postby 2b7q8 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:13 am

right. I'm totally sure he'll actually pull it off, too. This guy promises more than peter molyneux.
2b7q8
Somewhat familiar

Postby Xen » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:20 am

agggh, monyleux... gamer kryptonie...

I still have nightmares about black and white, who cares if it was vorific (and quite a number of villagers did i feed my pet) but it was still freakin terrible.
Xen
Participator

Postby Terastas » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:37 am

Xen wrote:agggh, monyleux... gamer kryptonie...

I still have nightmares about black and white, who cares if it was vorific (and quite a number of villagers did i feed my pet) but it was still freakin terrible.

I wouldn't say it was terrible, but it'll definitely pale in comparrison to what Spore will be capable of. Since the game uses one basic program to define everything, however, it wouldn't surprise me if it takes as much time to get the hang of as Black & White did (which, in all fairness, was not a bad game -- just hard as Hell in story mode), especially considering the transitions from creature mode to civilization mode. I can envision a lot of gamers finally making it to civilization mode and then threatening to frisbee the CD when the tanks role in from a rival city. Look at the movie, Wright couldn't get his people to fight, and he designed the game!

It'll still be a great game, of course, but just like Black & White before it, nobody will get it right the first time.
Terastas
Cobalt Cat

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:35 pm

tummy_time wrote:This game actualy looks amazing there are no limits you can go anywhere you want!! I bet its gona cost abit to. Maby you can create a giant monster that eats smaller creatures that will be truly amazing!

I like the lookie of the game too! :] All while I was watching the video I was like "Ooo I can't wait till that comes out." as well as "Oh I hope my computer will be able to run that okay."

Cost would prolly not be a problem because the game looks well worth it I think. And of course like all games it will eventually go down in price. If you aren't comfortable with paying full new price wait a bit until you are. Hehe. By then you might even know more about the game that there is to know, too.

As for the eating other critters... Did you even watch the video? There's plenty of voretastic moments. (Mostly hard though.)

This game looks like a lot of fun. I think I will make it the first purchase in a long time of mine. Hehe.

Postby Terastas » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:10 pm

The beauty of the game, and allegedly the reason Wright designed it, is cost. Like I said earlier, the game developers were originally expecting to have to hire thousands of new programmers to stay competetive, as the games are expected to become more elaborate, the prices are expected to rise to cover the costs of making them. Wright's program, on the other hand, uses a simplified program that automatically analyzes the structure and animates accordingly. It's essentially simplifying the process, and therefore should be pretty affordable as far as video games go. It also probably won't take a whole lot of memory compared to other future titles released around the same time since, as Wright stated, everything runs on the same program.

It also should be possible to design one monster creature. As Wright said, your ultimate goal should be to save up for the brain power, but you could continue to make your creature bigger and stronger as well.
Terastas
Cobalt Cat

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:56 pm

The game will take up less hard drive space because of procedural content, but processing power and ram requirements will still be high.

Postby Xen » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:26 pm

mmmm, you could make your own citizen Kabuto. God knows that was vore gold.
Xen
Participator

Postby Radijs » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:32 am

I don't think it would take that much processing power. It has to write the movement script only once and then it can just keep using then like any other program. So it would get bigger as you keep playing and CPU usage would spike when you make a new creature/world. But that would only be briefly.
Radijs
---

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:06 pm

Awsome game yes, best game ever.... sorry thats for Loz twilight princess.

Return to General Vore Discussion